I'm already using NorCal .:R32 can't use it. j/k
Calling NorCal .:R Owners,
After experiencing the awesome SoCal R32 Fastivus GTG and Trackday last weekend, I realized there was a lack of community and gathering of R owners up here in NorCal. My buddy Todd (DjScooby22) that I rolled down to Fastivus with both agreed, it would be awesome for R owners in the bay area to group up every once in a while, whether to hang out, do a spirited mountain drive, coordinate a trackday at Thunderhill/Infineon/Laguna Seca, or even do a VAG-Com day (anyone want their cluster needles lit up or door chime disabled?) These are all perfect excuses to get out and meet fellow R owners.
We were also thinking of creating set of NorCal R32 stickers in tribute to our brothers down in SoCal who put on these amazing Fastivus gtgs and trackdays for all these years now. The goal is to build a good group of R owners to hang out with. We feel branding ourselves with stickers is a cool way to represent our region. Here are a few rough designs that I’ve come up with, we are not here to sell stickers but to simply promote camaraderie. Whether you want to rock these or not, doesn’t matter, it’s the social aspect that we look to build.
Between Todd knowing about 10 R owners and with us sending PMs to those in LoyalSage’s thread, we could have a decent group of 20+ owners for our first GTG if and when the time came.
****1st NorCal R32 GTG Completed!! JULY 16th 2011 ****
What: NorCal .:R32 GTG and mountain drive up and back Mines Road starting in south Livermore.
I will be using this thread as well to keep everyone informed.
Please PM me your email address as well, so I can keep everyone in the loop on future events.
Stay Tuned and pass the word if you have anyone else the in R community who might be interested
Thanks! I hope this is a start to a huge R scene in NorCal.
Here is who we have so far!
1. EuroSapien / Matthew G. / located in San Jose / Silver mk4 r32
2. djscooby22 / Todd / loacted in Milpitas / DBP mk4 r32
3. horribleR / Gary / located in Redwood City / TR mk4 r32
4. aLViLLN / Alvin / located in Daly City / DBP mk4 r32
5. jreed1337 / Jared / located in Napa / BMP mk4 r32
6. eric911 / Eric / located in Petaluma / Silver mk4 r32
7. Diablo925 / Michael / Located in Walnut Creek / TR mk4 r32
8. ChrisJGuzman / Chris / Located in Santa Clara / DBP mk4 r32
9. 69flyguy / Chris / located in Campbell / Silver mk4 r32
10. Turtle808 / Name / located in Concord / DBP mk4 r32
11. Mc.:R / Mike / located in Santa Clara / DBP mk4 r32
12. Mr_Peach / Todd / located in Seatle / DBP mk5 r32
13. cookmanluke / Cookman / located in Mendocino / Silver mk4 r32
14. LoyalSage / Reza / located in San Mateo / DBP mk4 r32
15. kevinivek / Kevin / located in Monterey / UG mk5 r32
16. diesel350 / Jay / located in Half Moon Bay / TR mk5 r32
17. xalfa / Name / located in East Bay / UG mk5 r32
18. carma / Brandon / located in SF / DBP mk4 r32
19. R-chitect / Drew / located in San Francisco / DBP mk4 r32
20. Roberts_J / Jonathan / located in Cupertino / CW mk5 r32
21. nedlands / Neal / located in outskirts of Fairfield / BMP mk4 r32
22. Cdubvdub21 / Casey / located in outskirts of Fairfield / DBP mk5 r32
23. wrigs / Scott / located in Belmont / UG mk5 r32
24. thesharkman / Larry / located in San Francisco / DBP mk5 r32
25. ScotMac / Scott / located in Belmont / BMP mk4 r32
26. jonwusa / John / located in Tracy / Silver mk4 r32
27. Skewy / Sina / located in San Francisco / DBP mk4 r32
28. R3Drew / Drew / located in Fremont / DBP mk5 r32
29. RMK4R32 / Ray / located in San Ramon / BMP mk4 r32
30. Coheed / Drew / located in Sunnyvale / Silver mk4 r32
31. Bert / located in San Jose / DBP mk4 r32
32. Betor32 / Carlos / located in Hollister / BMP mk4 r32
33. Jodstr2 / Jodi / located in South Bay / DBP mk4 r32
34. starmachine / Bill / located in Pioneer / TR mk4 r32
35. jmag21 / NAME / located in Santa Cruz / DBP mk? r32
36. FlyingFinn / Aaron / located in Hayward / TR mk4 r32
37. Gee Spoolin / John / located in Fremont / DBP mk5 r32
38. SpclAgentD / Darren / located in Sacramento / BMP mk4 r32
39. 4shizzy / Jonny / located in Palo Alto / DBP mk4 r32
40. SFNSXguy / Harry / located in San Francisco / UG mk5 r32
41. l3lackstatic / Name / located in Fresno/Santa Cruz / BMP mk4 r32
42. mikey_o / Mike-O / located in San Francisco / TR mk4 r32
43. flippinvws / Chris / located in Grass Valley / DBP mk4 r32
Last edited by EuroSapien; 08-01-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Guzman, thanks for sharing! Can i add you to the interested party list?
Diablo, when the stickers/decals become available, we will let everyone know! Can i add you to the list as well?
Whats your first name and car color?
i like the idea, but i always wonder why SF bay area is "nor cal" as it's pretty much the middle of the state... apparently, i'm not the only one...
i'd eventually need to get my lazy @$$ around to a meet for the light up needles.
Diablo925, Wente Winery is a fantastic idea for its just 5-10 mins from the well known mines road that twists all the way up to Mt Hamilton! Perhaps meet in livermore at the starting point of Mines rd. Take a spirited drive up then back down same way hitting Wente as final destination for lunch!
Dunno but you guys, but ever experienced 10+ R's rolling through the mountains? The exhaust note that we all so love times 10, now thats a symphony.
Let's make it happen folks, represent!
Any love for a stock R32 driver?
There is another R32 in Napa that I ahave seen once or twice, but I don't drive around the bay area too often in my R32, so I rarely ever see anyone in one.
I'd love to come out to an event / drive someday.
Maybe we could do something at a local track too, like everyone meet up at Infineon raceway during the Indy car races or something and take a drive back into the city from the track or something.
I'm 26, have had the R32 for just about 2 years now. Before that it was a 2003 GTI vr6, before that a 2003 1.8t Jetta GLS, and before that a 1998 GTI vr6 DE.
i also currently have a 1987 16v scirocco.
its fair to say i have a volkswagen fetish.
sadly i wouldn't be willing to put any stickers on my car. id sport them on my rocco tho and get funny looks from people who knew what the logo is!
Last edited by jreed1337; 06-17-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Last edited by Mr_Peach; 06-27-2011 at 03:47 PM.
For those of you who have never been up HWY 128 from the 101 to Hwy One on the coast, it is one of the best roads in the country! I have driven it hundreds of times in my R and never get tired of it. A great mix of twisties and straight-aways. The exhaust sounds amazing echoing off the redwoods. Hwy 20 on the way back through Willits back to the 101. Just dropping the idea of a great day drive.
i went ahead and mapped out all individuals who provided a location that included a city, you can find this map here:
visually this should help us see where everyone is, so if you want to be added to the map, give us your city
Click the link for full map, some of the R32 locations are cropped out of the above screenshot
Last edited by LoyalSage; 06-23-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Last edited by Diablo925; 06-19-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Matt: I realized we've been doing this pretty much since 2005 without getting organized, which has gotten us to the state we are at right now; quite threadbare. I'm in.
Drew, San Francisco, MKIV R32 DBP
I'll check up with Zane, Finn, Chang, Wyatt, Zagi, Ralph, Sean in Sacto and a few other of the OG moes and see if we can get this number up to 30.
Last edited by R-chitect; 06-20-2011 at 09:56 PM.