Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 10k Revs of 2.5L Big Turbo AWD Rabbit Madness!

1. 06-25-2011 10:02 PM #36
      The parts for the AWD swap should be here next week and the drivetrain should be here from the UK in another 2 weeks.

Vehicles
      06 Sage Green Rabbit | 03 Passat V6 4-Motion sedan
      06-26-2011 10:27 AM #37
      When do you guys plan on dynoing your NA setup? Im anxious to see how much power can be made with all those parts since thats most likely the direction Ill be going with my car.
      http://s529.photobucket.com/albums/d...abbit%20build/
      2006 Sage Green Rabbit 5spd| UM SRI | UM 93 SRI tune | NLS Cai | Custom exhaust | USP testpipe | ECS crank pulley | BSH mounts |034 Dogbone core| NLS SS w/42DD bushings | GTI brake swap | Koni yellows w/H&R race springs | GTI rear sway |

3. Member
      Vehicles
      Fahrvergnügen
      06-26-2011 11:21 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by tay272 View Post
      When do you guys plan on dynoing your NA setup? Im anxious to see how much power can be made with all those parts since thats most likely the direction Ill be going with my car.
      x2

4. 06-28-2011 12:13 AM #39
      We are planning on dynoing the car before it gets torn apart but for now we are tearing apart the interior and removing all sorts of weight. I will post a pic soon of the parts that were removed but for now we removed an additional 200lbs today and we expect to be able to remove an additional 200 tomorrow which will bring the cars total weight according to the corner balance scales to around 2500lbs.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      Fahrvergnügen
      06-28-2011 12:38 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by gabe@bwperformance View Post
      We are planning on dynoing the car before it gets torn apart but for now we are tearing apart the interior and removing all sorts of weight. I will post a pic soon of the parts that were removed but for now we removed an additional 200lbs today and we expect to be able to remove an additional 200 tomorrow which will bring the cars total weight according to the corner balance scales to around 2500lbs.
      That's awesome.
      I excited to see how gutted the car needs be to reach that weight.
      Our cars would feel a lot quicker if they weren't so portly.
      All for safety, so I suppose it's ok.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-28-2011 02:08 AM #41
      do share all you are doing..

i dont mind removing rear seats, spare, and all the misc minimal stuff...

Vehicles
      06 Sage Green Rabbit | 03 Passat V6 4-Motion sedan
      06-28-2011 06:31 AM #42
      Yeah that is ALOT of weight to remove from that car. Id like to know what all came out of it, Im assuming the entire interior except the stuff that needs to stay.
      http://s529.photobucket.com/albums/d...abbit%20build/
      2006 Sage Green Rabbit 5spd| UM SRI | UM 93 SRI tune | NLS Cai | Custom exhaust | USP testpipe | ECS crank pulley | BSH mounts |034 Dogbone core| NLS SS w/42DD bushings | GTI brake swap | Koni yellows w/H&R race springs | GTI rear sway |

8. 06-28-2011 10:15 AM #43
      Yeah pretty much the entire interior except for the dash. We have removed a total of 260lbs in the interior but of course the cage weighs about 120lbs. The extra weight which hasnt been removed as of yet will be the entire HVAC system, additional wiring, glass (which will be replaced with polycarbonate), Emissions System, A/C Components, and much more. WE are hoping that the car will sit nicely around 2800lbs-2900lbs when it is all said and done with the big turbo and the AWD setup.

9. 06-30-2011 10:45 AM #44
      2800-2900 awd would be perfect for a race rabbit. The good thing about this build is you can add weights wherever possible to make the car somewhat even at all 4 corners.
      As mentioned above please post your results on the NA setup, I've always been a big fan of the 2.5 and is considering doing an Audi b5 A4quattro with the 2.5 turbocharged in the near future.

10. 06-30-2011 02:14 PM #45
      Thanks for all of the comments. We are working on getting the car put back together that way we can get it up on the dyno. So far we are at 260lbs of total removed weight. We still though have most of the HVAC system to remove, a couple of airbags, some sheet metal out of the doors, the glass (which will be replaced with lexan), wiring, and other small bits here and there.

11. 06-30-2011 02:29 PM #46
      The biggest hurdle to overcome is going to be trying to remove the actual A/C compressor. I am not sure how we are going to tackle it but we will figure it out soon here. It would be nice though if another company has already developed a setup for the A/C delete and if anyone knows please let us know otherwise we will engineer something ourselves.

Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      06-30-2011 03:37 PM #47
      Can you or the owner maybe give me or sell me the piece I arrowed? Mine broke from a dumbell!lol
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built, HTA3582@30psi 600+awhp(900+awhp rebuild in progress)

13. 07-01-2011 12:00 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin FaKiN spLits View Post
      Can you or the owner maybe give me or sell me the piece I arrowed? Mine broke from a dumbell!lol
      I will look tomorrow but sadly I think it has already been thrown away....

Quote Originally Posted by TeamZleep View Post
      I don't wanna turn this into a FS thread, but do you guys have the plastic piece that slides up and down with the ebrake lever? Mine has cracked and I could use another one.
      I think we may still have that piece. Again I will look tomorrow.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      07-01-2011 12:18 AM #50
      Wow... Now, finish the NA so we cann see what you do!

Vehicles
      07 CW Rabbit 2dr 2.6T, 2010 MkVI Golf 2dr
      07-01-2011 05:57 AM #51
      Been there done that 4yrs ago:

And your finished "fully built" engine should look like this:

And your finished car should look like this:

Vehicles
      07 CW Rabbit 2dr 2.6T, 2010 MkVI Golf 2dr
      07-01-2011 07:49 AM #52
      The car is a 2007 VW Rabbit 2dr 2.5L with Tiptronic. It only has <13000miles on it and it was purchased in January 2007. The car was my daily driver (I now have a 2010 Golf 2.5L with Tiptronic, Neuspeed P-Flo and my Evoair header which I pulled off my Rabbit. A writeup is coming from me tomorrow afternoon) and originally had the Evoair short-ram intake (part of the original Vortex group buy-in), Evoair shorty header (the original prototype car with serial #1 header), one the first 2 cars to have the NST crank pulley, custom test pipe and fully open custom exhaust and RevoTechnik software (the original test car for the Tiptronic transmission tune, so all of you with a Tip transmission and Revo software have me to thank).

But having maxed the car out N/A wise (after C2 Motorsport bailed on sending me prototype stage 1 cams and abandoned the project), I decided I would join the turbo craze that was sweeping the 2.5 community at the time (I tried to hold out as long as possible lol). I then spent over a year acquiring most the of the parts I needed and saving up money for the build. Everything on the car is completely one-off because at the time no one had ever done anything like this.

For example, the pistons are .5mm oversized and when we contact JE to get a set JE said they had never seen a 2.5L piston and needed us to send them one so they could shape a blank and go from there. Also, even though Level 10 P.T.S. advertises on their website transmission and torque convertor upgrades for our cars, they lie. When we contacted them they said they had never done any mods for this transmission. We tried to get them to bite on a full transmission rebuild but they just wouldnt go for it. Didnt want to go thru the trouble of designing testing and building it just for one car. Didnt make business sense. However, they sent me an upgraded torque convertor and when we went to install it, it wouldnt hook up properly. When we called Level 10 they admitted it wasnt for this car or transmission it was actually for another car that they thought would fit (I think a 1.8T with Tip). So we sent it back and they modified it but it still wouldnt work. So we had to send them the stock tq convertor which they then totally modified (contact me privately for any pic requests). That one finally worked. The rods for this car came from a set that was custom made by Integrated Engineering for NGP Racing's black beast of a 07 Rabbit 2.5 manual transmission that we all know from reading the magazines made an astonishing 372hp pull (on stock internals and with stock intake manifold lol) on high boost. They were going to try to top that feat by building up the internals of the car but later aborted the operation and thats how I came across these rods. NGP further modified and machine the rods for added lightness before sending them to me And the intake manifold is completely custom one-off just for my baby. When the car was finally built and we tried to fire it up it sounded like it wanted to start but would choke and die before fully starting. No one could figure it out. Originally we thought it was software but word came back from the developer of my again custom software that all was within spec. After much finger pointing we realized by accident that the seal against the block was imperfect and leaking air at an alarming rate. We tried to sand it down to no avail and it had to be sent away to be professionally machined by an outside shop. Ferrea built a custom valvetrain set for me that took almost 2 months to design build and ship. So on and so forth. And all this is just a footnote in the long extensive history of this car. Total list of mods are as follows:

Wheels & tires: Stock awaiting rims & tires
      Brakes: Stock. They work fine with a lightened car, so dont fix what aint broke.
      Suspension: H&R Premium Performance Coil-overs, Neuspeed billet sway bar end links, Neuspeed rear sway bar only (to induce more oversteer), Eurosport rear upper stress bar.
      Exterior: OEM R32 rear bumper shipped new from Germany, BFI de-badged grill (after the Performance Cafe grill was destroyed accidentally while drying from paint on an outside rack that collapsed during a storm ::double sad face::. When I went to buy another one I found out that they no longer manufactured it and was forced to buy the BFI equivalent. Antenna removal & hood latched modified & relocated to clear intake manifold.
      Interior: Totally gutted as you saw, New South Performance steering column pod & offset dashpod, NS oil temp, oil press, & boost gauge from their Indigo series, Innovate wideband A/F gauge
      Transmission:BFI dogbone mount, Level 10 torque convertor, OEM ATF replaced with Royal Purple racing ATF
      Engine: Stock return-less fuel system was dumped for a return-style fuel system (this is the only 2.5 to my knowledge which has done this), a secondary 255lph electric fuel pump was installed to augment the stock fuel pump & pressure regulator, custom lines were run back to the tank, the stock pickup had to be modified but the car retains a "stock-like" fuel pickup, Bosch Genesis series 550cc injectors, custom aluminum injector bungs & custom fuel rail, Denso iridium turbo spark plugs 1 heat range colder than stock, Pro-M Racing 3.5" air intake filter (from a Ford Mustang V8 supercharger kit), C2Motorsports 3.5" Pro.MAF, T3/T4-OH Hybrid turbo 60 trim 360° journal bearing (because this car has bad overheating problems, I'm glad I used a journal bearing turbo instead of using a ball bearing setup because that would've exaserbated the problem and I highly advise against it), Tial 38mm internal wastegate, manual-style adjustable boost controller (I forget from whom), GReddy bar + plate type intercooler, heavy-duty silicon couplers, custom 2.5" SS turbo piping, custom oversized "shorty" equal-length intake manifold, cermic upgraded turbo exhaust manifold, custom 3" test pipe, custom 3" SS exhaust with a single blow-through Borla racing muffler (no resonators), custom Y-pipe with DTM-style "tilted" exhaust tips, custom Integrated Engineering H-beam forged chromemoly rods, JE forged 0.5mm oversized lower C/R 8.5:1 pistons with titanium piston rings, custom Ferrea titanium valvetrain with some Shrick titanium components (because some 2.0TFSI valvetrain part numbers overlap with the 2.5), totally custom one-off software with an all new base file loaded, EGR & SAI systems deleted (and both are blocked in the ECU), custom-made SS SAI block-off plates, Non-Stop Tuning billet lightweight 15% underdrived crank pulley, A/C & heating system delete including compressor delete, a/c pulley delete (which necessitated a shorter serpentine belt), heater core/heating matrix delete, and refrigerant delete, tank delete, and all ducting and plumbing deleted, windshield washer fluid tank and fluid deleted, windshield washer nozzles and lines deleted, cylinder head full port & polish on both intake and exhaust side (although I am still using stock-sized valvetrain components), custom made torque plate, engine block bored to .5mm over and then cylinders honed and entire rotating assembly balanced by Competition Motorsports, all new engine main bearings, new crank main seal & rear seal, 2009 VW Rabbit CBTA crank position sensor (since the stock unit failed), stock IAT sensor delete, ne IAT sensor taken from an old VR6 turbo kit installed directly into the intake manifold rather than in the stock location for a more accurate reading, cryo'd crankshaft, billet crank main caps, forged main carrier lobes, Raceware engineering crankcase main stud kit, and finally everything was screwed back together with ARP hardware! I'm probably forgetting a few things but that's all I could remember at 6 in the morning lol

Future mods for this fall include: Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 P225/40ZR18 tires, OZ Allegerita HLT wheels sized 18x8 in black painted, antenna shaved, sheet metal cut & welded to patch roof, roof repainted to match factory Candy white paint, front bumper notch fill, windows tinted, PTP turbo blanket, Vulcan Ultimate titanium "lava fiber" header wrap/heat wrap, Braille hyper lightweight carbon fiber battery, H2Sport rear metal spherical suspension bushings upgrade, and Whiteline Flatout KCA314 bump-steer correction kit.

How does it drive? Probably the most important question you're asking yourself. Well we estimate output at sea level to be around 290whp & 320ish lb-ft of torque on 7psi of boost. On pump gas the car is 400whp capable on high boost. With meth injection and race gas the car could be close to 500whp capable. I keep it on minimal boost (WG spring only) because honestly, it scares the sh*t outta me. The car had exactly 11,777 miles on it when it was torn apart for its turbo build in mid-October 2009 (shortly after the car was 2.5yrs old). The car was driveable enough to come home in August 2010. The car went back in late November 2010 to complete installation. The car went back in again in March 2011 to correct some unresolved issues that kept the car from functioning normally or as intended. The car has only about 800miles on the new engine since August 2010. So if you're slow that means it gets driven about 1K miles a year now. Most of the time the car sits in the garage sleeping. This must seem like blasphamy to you but I believe it deserves a life of privilege, something better than daily driver wear and tear duty. Its reserved for special occassions. However, my ex hate riding in it. She thought it was an amazing machine but refused to ride in it. Its hot with no a/c in Florida in the summertime, its loud as all hell, everything shakes and vibrates with every slight pulse from the engine, and it has a bone jarring ride because the springs are wound all the way down. Any further than they'd be off the spring perch. Also, the car was in the shop much longer than expected due to delays, waiting for parts, miscommunications and countless headaches. You have no idea the amount of money, sweat, hardwork and heartbreak and tears and frustration that went into building it and getting it to work. But I was without a car for almost a year. We tried to share a car at first but that became clear it wouldnt work almost immediately. I got a 2009 Toyota Corolla LE for dirt cheap 12K miles for 1 month but I hated everything about it. Switched to a 2010 Corolla LE 6K miles for no cost because I got connections like that and had that for 2 months until I got rid of it for a 2010 Ford Fusion SEL with sport package & Sony sound & leather for a little bit of money. Eventually had to ditch it because it was too expensive. It didnt have that car for too long. Went back to sharing a car for 2 months and got fed up that I still didnt have my Rabbit back and it was severely straining our relationship. She kept saying "You spent all that money on a car that doesnt work! And when are you gonna get it back? Blah blah blah!" So I tried to find a cheap used car that I could just dump in a month or 2 but any used car under 5 grand is compeltely unacceptable. They are ALL complete garbage. So I went to VW who lied on my application to get me a loan I didnt qualify for so I could get my 2010 Golf which has become my daily driver. Eventually I broke up with her because she cheated. But my Rabbit would never do that to me and thats why fellas the car must always come first in your heart lol

However, my new girlfriend loves the Golf! I told her I thought about getting rid of it and just driving my Rabbit again everyday and she said "Are you crazy? Why would you ever get rid of it? This car is awesome!" So if ur girl tells you she loves it, you must keep it lol Also I recently got a new and better job and finished paying off the Rabbit so I decided recently to keep the Golf as my DD. About 2 hours ago I finished putting on my Neuspeed P-Flo intake (which I bought for it back in January but never installed, writeup coming later on today). Later on today I will install my Evolution Tuning Evoair header serial #1 on that Golf (writeup coming for that later today as well). The car also has a rear seat removal. Other than it is completely stock and I dont intend to strip it out or do anything crazy with it because it must maintain that it is the good twin (Rabbit would obviously be the evil one).

Enough about the Golf, that writeup will be posted this afternoon so be patient my friends! But thanks to modifying my Golf, I wouldnt have been motivated to return to this site after almost a year long absence so dont hate. I have no sponsorships and received no free parts or labor. I paid for everything by carefully managing my spending and working hard and saving up every penny. I am the original owner and still have the car. I am a private owner and am not associated with any shop or any tuning company whatsoever. This is my personal vehicle. So dont hate. I'm just showing what can be done by a single person and not some shop car. Or as someone referred to it earlier in this thread as "super Rabbits". But all of those are shop cars. This is just me and my car that I built just for me to enjoy and as such the car has never attended any VW GTG or any car show of any kind and I dont plan on showing it off either. I would rather take my Golf and gawk at everyone else's car than have anyone gawk at my Rabbit.

Driving down the road, the car is extremely loud especially under throttle. While cruising its alot more liveable but it does drone because there are no resonators. The suspension is completely unforgiving and rock hard. Simple pavement imperfections or small bumps you would never notice in a normal car are spine breaking skeleton jarring giant meteor craters. Quite a few times I have been bounced out of my seat and hit my head on the ceiling. The brakes grab alot better in a lightened car as you might expect but they are still somewhat mushy because they are still stock. Brake mushiness is a common trait that afflicts all 2.5 powered cars d'oh! Steering is light immediately off-center but weights up alarmingly quickly and taking a turn with any sort of speed takes alot of arm strength. I neerly flew off the interstate off ramp one time because I wasnt paying attention. But I like it, it lets you feel how hard the tires are working and lets you know exactly how much adhesion you have left until you reach the limit. The car rotates alot easier and has less understeer initially however it does exhibit understeer at the very limit before the tires let go. But the car's limits are much MUCH higher than stock. I can take turns 20mph faster than stock and still feel like the engine still isnt powerful enough to push the car fast enough through the turn for the car to run out of grip. It just simply hangs on and never lets go no matter how slick the road. And thats with 15" steelies and Contis! There is no torque steer or bump steer (however the stock 2010 Golf DOES have bump steer, figure that). The car tracks so surefootedly with an absolute lock on straight ahead regardless of the pavement underneath or crosswinds. The car WILL NEVER EVER move from straight ahead unless you tell it to. There is a noticeable amount of turbo lag in first gear but it is quickly resolved and dispatched by huge thrust from 2nd gear-4th gear. After that, the car does no have throw you back into the seat sudden thrust acceleration. It simply has a never ending smooth supply of power. It just keeps accelerating and keeps accelerating and keeps on accelerating until you tell it to stop. 120mph on the interstate all day and the car pulls so strong and never feels like its running out of breath like the stock car or modified upgraded N/A car. It will just keep pulling until it reaches the redline in 6th gear and simply runs out of revs. The car has no normal driving style. All 2.5s are like this stock or modified. You either drive it like you stole it or you drive like grandma. This car is no exception. It is happy conserving gas or running at high rpms or driving fast on the interstate all day long no problem and its happy to do so. However you dont so much ask the car to do what you want. Rather it tells you what it wants and you respond by giving it imputs. That Rabbit is so raw and brutal it makes you feel like you are part of the machine rather than in a rolling isolation chamber that most modern cars are.

But its unacceptable as my DD. Apart from all the shortcomings I've already told you, the car hesitates just off idle while revving in neutral, park or driving in D (Sport mode is not used). The car must always be driven in Tiptronic mode (what other way is there with a Tiptronic transmission than in Tiptronic mode honestly? Seriously, who drives in D?). Also, the engine does get quite hot very quickly. One time I drove 40-50miles (drive time about 1hr) and the oil temp crept into the neighborhood of almost 240 degrees and the car was engulfed in smoke coming from the exhaust. It's only really good for short trips or driving at night. Thats why my fall upgrades round will include the new PTP turbo blanket that was released in March for the T3/T4 hybrid and the Vulcan Ultimate titanium-weave "lava fiber" header wrap on all the turbo plumbing and turbo exhaust manifold and vertical part of the test pipe. I would highly advise against anyone thinking of doing a ball bearing setup because you will have even worse heating issues than me. But then what do you expect more than doubling the power and not augmenting the cooling system? Oh well I hope you enjoyed my overly thorough and long-winded description! Privately message me for any additional information or pics. Inbox only, no IMs please.
      Last edited by _V-Dubber_; 07-01-2011 at 08:07 AM.

17. 07-01-2011 01:16 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by TeamZleep View Post
      I don't wanna turn this into a FS thread, but do you guys have the plastic piece that slides up and down with the ebrake lever? Mine has cracked and I could use another one.
      I have that piece still. Shoot me a pm

Vehicles
      07-01-2011 05:33 PM #54
      Get rid of the whole dash and get one of those Auto Meter Pro-Comp Pro dash and weld a bracket to the fire wall for it Sard also makes quite a few universal versions of these as well.

2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built, HTA3582@30psi 600+awhp(900+awhp rebuild in progress)

19. 07-02-2011 10:11 PM #55
      Just finished spending the entire day with the plasma cutter and welder cutting out the stock seat supports/mounts and welding in some newer lower ones because my head with a helmet on was above the roll cage which is not good. BTW it was a ton of work and having to go back through and reinforce all of the sides again was a major pain.

20. 07-03-2011 12:21 PM #56
      Keep it up guys.

21. 07-08-2011 10:02 PM #57
      Bump for updates.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      07-09-2011 12:19 AM #58
      what are you going to do with the spare tire hole?? why not cut and put straight sheet metal there... more aerodynamic and lighter too!

23. 07-09-2011 04:40 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      what are you going to do with the spare tire hole?? why not cut and put straight sheet metal there... more aerodynamic and lighter too!
      We will be cutting out the whole rear pan and welding in some new sheet metal so it is a more flat surface. We do not have too many updates this week as we had to build 3 engines for customers which allowed for no time for our own fun projects however we did modify the floor and get the seat mounted. It was a lot of work but the end result is great. I will post some pics in a few.

24. 07-10-2011 03:10 AM #60
      We will be cutting out the whole rear pan and welding in some new sheet metal so it is a more flat surface. We do not have too many updates this week as we had to build 3 engines for customers which allowed for no time for our own fun projects however we did modify the floor and get the seat mounted. It was a lot of work but the end result is great. I will post some pics in a few.

25. Banner Advertiser pete@integrated's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '92 Gti 20v, '96 M3, '10 Shop Van :)
      07-10-2011 07:50 PM #61
      The biggest hurdle to overcome is going to be trying to remove the actual A/C compressor. I am not sure how we are going to tackle it but we will figure it out soon here. It would be nice though if another company has already developed a setup for the A/C delete and if anyone knows please let us know otherwise we will engineer something ourselves.

I'm looking at that as well- also the dry sump setup is difficult unless we re-shuffle stuff. I'll probably run an electric water pump and re-sort the accessories.

I'm kinda planning on putting the engine eventaully into a different platform and I would need hydraulic power steering I think, so whatever I figure out will need to be modular.

I'm trying to get a FARO arm in the shop in the next month or two which would make it a hell of a lot simpler to put something together.
      .:IntEngineering.com:. .:Facebook:.

Check out some cutting edge R&D Work on our blog! IE Behind the scenes Blog!

26. 07-10-2011 10:42 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@integrated View Post
      I'm looking at that as well- also the dry sump setup is difficult unless we re-shuffle stuff. I'll probably run an electric water pump and re-sort the accessories.

I'm kinda planning on putting the engine eventaully into a different platform and I would need hydraulic power steering I think, so whatever I figure out will need to be modular.

I'm trying to get a FARO arm in the shop in the next month or two which would make it a hell of a lot simpler to put something together.
      Please keep me updated on your findings as I am very interested.

Vehicles
      07-10-2011 10:46 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@integrated View Post
      Thats a pretty penny

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      07-10-2011 11:24 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin FaKiN spLits View Post
      Thats a pretty penny
      but it would be amazin!

Vehicles
      07-11-2011 08:49 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      but it would be amazin!
      Ya Ive used one before. Very usefull, and scary to use.

30. 07-11-2011 05:46 PM #66
      Well here is the progress for the seat mount which took forever.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      07-11-2011 06:36 PM #67
      2 questions:

you wouldnt be using the stock steering wheel.. are you?
      and, why sparco? just want to know the reasons of why this over the competition...

32. 07-11-2011 06:43 PM #68
      All of our road course race cars since I was a kid have run Sparco seats and harnesses so I guess its just a personal preference thing and also the PRO ADV fits me perfect. I have bought 4 of them now for 3 different cars and I love them.

And our Turbo R32 runs one of these

33. 07-12-2011 12:18 AM #69
      All of our road course race cars since I was a kid have run Sparco seats and harnesses so I guess its just a personal preference thing and also the PRO ADV fits me perfect. I have bought 4 of them now for 3 different cars and I love them.

And our Turbo R32 runs one of these

That looks fantastically uncomfortable, do they custom make it to measure? Cause there is no friggen way i would fit in that.

34. 07-12-2011 12:45 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
      That looks fantastically uncomfortable, do they custom make it to measure? Cause there is no friggen way i would fit in that.
      Yeah they can custom make them for your body and it is uncomfortable but it is very safe. They are mainly designed for Stock cars and Drag cars but they have road course ones as well.

Oh and we are not using the stock steering wheel. That will be gone very soon.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast