Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 360

    Thread: 10k Revs of 2.5L Big Turbo AWD Rabbit Madness!

    1. Member _V-Dubber_'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2007
      Location
      Tampa, FL
      Posts
      418
      Vehicles
      07 CW Rabbit 2dr 2.6T, 2010 MkVI Golf 2dr
      07-01-2011 05:57 AM #51
      Been there done that 4yrs ago:






      And your finished "fully built" engine should look like this:







      And your finished car should look like this:






    2. Member _V-Dubber_'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 29th, 2007
      Location
      Tampa, FL
      Posts
      418
      Vehicles
      07 CW Rabbit 2dr 2.6T, 2010 MkVI Golf 2dr
      07-01-2011 07:49 AM #52
      The car is a 2007 VW Rabbit 2dr 2.5L with Tiptronic. It only has
      Last edited by _V-Dubber_; 07-01-2011 at 08:07 AM.

    3. 07-01-2011 01:16 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by TeamZleep View Post
      I don't wanna turn this into a FS thread, but do you guys have the plastic piece that slides up and down with the ebrake lever? Mine has cracked and I could use another one.
      I have that piece still. Shoot me a pm

    4. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      19,086
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      07-01-2011 05:33 PM #54
      Get rid of the whole dash and get one of those Auto Meter Pro-Comp Pro dash and weld a bracket to the fire wall for it Sard also makes quite a few universal versions of these as well.

      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    5. 07-02-2011 10:11 PM #55
      Just finished spending the entire day with the plasma cutter and welder cutting out the stock seat supports/mounts and welding in some newer lower ones because my head with a helmet on was above the roll cage which is not good. BTW it was a ton of work and having to go back through and reinforce all of the sides again was a major pain.

    6. 07-03-2011 12:21 PM #56
      Keep it up guys.

    7. 07-08-2011 10:02 PM #57
      Bump for updates.

    8. Member thygreyt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2009
      Location
      fort lauderdale, FL
      Posts
      12,871
      Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      07-09-2011 12:19 AM #58
      what are you going to do with the spare tire hole?? why not cut and put straight sheet metal there... more aerodynamic and lighter too!

    9. 07-09-2011 04:40 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      what are you going to do with the spare tire hole?? why not cut and put straight sheet metal there... more aerodynamic and lighter too!
      We will be cutting out the whole rear pan and welding in some new sheet metal so it is a more flat surface. We do not have too many updates this week as we had to build 3 engines for customers which allowed for no time for our own fun projects however we did modify the floor and get the seat mounted. It was a lot of work but the end result is great. I will post some pics in a few.

    10. 07-10-2011 03:10 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by gabe@bwperformance View Post
      We will be cutting out the whole rear pan and welding in some new sheet metal so it is a more flat surface. We do not have too many updates this week as we had to build 3 engines for customers which allowed for no time for our own fun projects however we did modify the floor and get the seat mounted. It was a lot of work but the end result is great. I will post some pics in a few.

    11. Forum Sponsor pete@integrated's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 1st, 2009
      Location
      Salt Lake City, UT
      Posts
      3,333
      Vehicles
      '92 Gti 20v, '96 M3, '10 Shop Van :)
      07-10-2011 07:50 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by gabe@bwperformance View Post
      The biggest hurdle to overcome is going to be trying to remove the actual A/C compressor. I am not sure how we are going to tackle it but we will figure it out soon here. It would be nice though if another company has already developed a setup for the A/C delete and if anyone knows please let us know otherwise we will engineer something ourselves.

      I'm looking at that as well- also the dry sump setup is difficult unless we re-shuffle stuff. I'll probably run an electric water pump and re-sort the accessories.

      I'm kinda planning on putting the engine eventaully into a different platform and I would need hydraulic power steering I think, so whatever I figure out will need to be modular.

      I'm trying to get a FARO arm in the shop in the next month or two which would make it a hell of a lot simpler to put something together.
      .:IntEngineering.com:. .:Facebook:.

      Check out some cutting edge R&D Work on our blog! IE Behind the scenes Blog!

    12. 07-10-2011 10:42 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@integrated View Post
      I'm looking at that as well- also the dry sump setup is difficult unless we re-shuffle stuff. I'll probably run an electric water pump and re-sort the accessories.

      I'm kinda planning on putting the engine eventaully into a different platform and I would need hydraulic power steering I think, so whatever I figure out will need to be modular.

      I'm trying to get a FARO arm in the shop in the next month or two which would make it a hell of a lot simpler to put something together.
      Please keep me updated on your findings as I am very interested.

    13. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      19,086
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      07-10-2011 10:46 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by pete@integrated View Post
      I'm trying to get a FARO arm in the shop in the next month or two which would make it a hell of a lot simpler to put something together.
      Thats a pretty penny
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    14. Member thygreyt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2009
      Location
      fort lauderdale, FL
      Posts
      12,871
      Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      07-10-2011 11:24 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin FaKiN spLits View Post
      Thats a pretty penny
      but it would be amazin!

    15. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      19,086
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      07-11-2011 08:49 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post
      but it would be amazin!
      Ya Ive used one before. Very usefull, and scary to use.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    16. 07-11-2011 05:46 PM #66
      Well here is the progress for the seat mount which took forever.
















    17. Member thygreyt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2009
      Location
      fort lauderdale, FL
      Posts
      12,871
      Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      07-11-2011 06:36 PM #67
      2 questions:

      you wouldnt be using the stock steering wheel.. are you?
      and, why sparco? just want to know the reasons of why this over the competition...

    18. 07-11-2011 06:43 PM #68
      All of our road course race cars since I was a kid have run Sparco seats and harnesses so I guess its just a personal preference thing and also the PRO ADV fits me perfect. I have bought 4 of them now for 3 different cars and I love them.

      And our Turbo R32 runs one of these


    19. 07-12-2011 12:18 AM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by gabe@bwperformance View Post
      All of our road course race cars since I was a kid have run Sparco seats and harnesses so I guess its just a personal preference thing and also the PRO ADV fits me perfect. I have bought 4 of them now for 3 different cars and I love them.

      And our Turbo R32 runs one of these

      That looks fantastically uncomfortable, do they custom make it to measure? Cause there is no friggen way i would fit in that.

    20. 07-12-2011 12:45 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
      That looks fantastically uncomfortable, do they custom make it to measure? Cause there is no friggen way i would fit in that.
      Yeah they can custom make them for your body and it is uncomfortable but it is very safe. They are mainly designed for Stock cars and Drag cars but they have road course ones as well.

      Oh and we are not using the stock steering wheel. That will be gone very soon.

    21. Forum Sponsor pete@integrated's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 1st, 2009
      Location
      Salt Lake City, UT
      Posts
      3,333
      Vehicles
      '92 Gti 20v, '96 M3, '10 Shop Van :)
      07-12-2011 01:08 AM #71
      Mounting seats has got to be one of *the* most annoying tasks possible. I just did it the other night on my e36. Good work
      .:IntEngineering.com:. .:Facebook:.

      Check out some cutting edge R&D Work on our blog! IE Behind the scenes Blog!

    22. Member thygreyt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2009
      Location
      fort lauderdale, FL
      Posts
      12,871
      Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      07-12-2011 01:32 AM #72
      ok, thats what i wanted to know...

      whenever i do the seats and the whole interior upgrade, i plan on doing it with Sparco stuff... seats, steering wheel, seat belts, rails, etc... they are good and properly priced...

    23. Member CaptainOZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 11th, 2010
      Location
      Alexandria, VA
      Posts
      173
      Vehicles
      04 VW R32T Reflex Silver
      07-12-2011 04:04 AM #73
      I see my silver baby gutted in the background, how is she doing?
      "Don't interrupt me while I'm ignoring you!"

      04 R32T Innovative Motorsports Build, UM Stage 3, Original Owner.
      Old Vortex name, Namastie in 2006

    24. 07-12-2011 11:48 AM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOZ View Post
      I see my silver baby gutted in the background, how is she doing?
      We will hopefully be throwing the engine and turbo back in the car at the end of the week or early next week.

    25. 07-17-2011 12:11 AM #75
      We need some suggestions on wheels....

      This week I will be ordering wheels for this project and we have a few wheels in mind but are open to suggestions....

      So far I am looking at the

      Rotiform Forged Race - Roc Wheels



      Rotiform Forged Race - TMB Wheels


    Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •