Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please co-workers STFU!!!!

Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      06-23-2011 09:52 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      b/c he worked for an oil company that creates jobs and a company you probably have some investment in with a retirement plan?

you're all criticizing speedbumps for his experience yet none of you have offered up or trumped his experience with your own, at least he's managed a set of workers, something that is highly looked upon when moving up and getting a better job. what have YOU managed besides your pr0n collection? please do post your even greater level of life and job experience so we can put you under the microscope. besides the guy was making a valid point and you guys just took the thread off topic.
      I manage the piss out of my horde of minions at my $10/hr retail job and I have absolutely no seniority or authority over them whatsoever. Anyone can manage if they're extroverted, convincing and willing to take charge of situations. And **** the Oxford comma.

Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fusion w/ 3 pedals, 2014 Ford Escape
      06-23-2011 10:06 PM #72
      Managed a Starbucks... There's a larger collective IQ in the load I blew down the shower drain this morning than behind the counter at any Starbucks within a 10-mile radius of my house.
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV1
      Scene points are kind of like bitcoins... They really carry no value outside of the internet.

3. 06-23-2011 10:25 PM #73
      Had the KFC .gif but it won't load
      Last edited by dubraycer36; 06-23-2011 at 10:37 PM.
      Somewhere, in an alternate universe, Jennifer Lawson is masturbating to your leaked internet photos.

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      06-23-2011 10:26 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfTango View Post

Part two. (I’m not racist, so please spare me the KFC gif) One of the managers is black and she loves to use “axe” vs. “ask”. Why? For the love of God, why is it so hard to say the proper English ASK? You’re a goddamn manager, someone making double my salary. Leave your Ebonics at the door.

I’m done, putting my headphones back in…
      I'm not going to call you a racist... but I gotta say this is ridiculous.

What you are referring to is an accent... not "ebonics." The fact that your boss is black is likely why you immediately assumed it was ebonics. But sorry. It is not.

I've got a dollar in my pocket that says you wouldn't even bat an eye if your manager was a white guy from Gloucester MA that invited you to get in his caaah and go out for some chowdaaaah.

In short... deal with it.

"We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      06-23-2011 10:37 PM #75
      A chinese guy behind me normally isn't very loud... until he starts talking on the phone. Then his speech becomes very slow and VERY VERY loud. That's when he doesn't chomp his food at his desk... or doesn't hum some tune, going "deee dee deeee deee deee.... "
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

Vehicles
      03 Xterra, 90 Jetta
      06-23-2011 11:35 PM #76
      Rant commence:

I'm in my first year of a job that I went to college for. I'm not expecting much out of the first job, just glad to have the experience on my resume.

I work with a girl a few years older than I who feels like it's her duty to control EVERYTHING that is going on in the graphic design department. Not only that, but she has the most irritating personality where she feels like she can say whatever the f*ck she wants and get away with it.

Example: I was spending some time in illustrator testing out a few things I didn't understand. It's a really slow day and I don't see any ads needing to be worked on. Of course, she gets up, looks at my screen, then declares out loud "you know theres work you can be doing rather than just having fun"

I mean get f*cking real. You are no better a designer than I am. You aren't a manager or in any supervisor role. Keep your eyes on your own sh*t. Don't try to tell me I'm just "having fun" rather than working. Me learning to use all of the features in Adobe Illustrator will make my work that much better.

It is because of this girl that I dread working. She meddles in EVERY SINGLE THING anyone talks about. If I want to ask a coworker where a particular client's file is, she's always going to yell over where I'll find it. I didn't ask you because I didn't want to talk to you. Shut your mouth and do your own thing.
      If I want to ask when a paper is supposed to go out, she's going to yell it out and make sure I look dumb for not knowing.
      If I want to get a quick design down so that I won't forget it, she's sure to walk by and tell me there's work to be done. I get that there's work. Now screw off

Also, she's the kind of girl who thinks she knows EVERYTHING about EVERY subject brought up. Two women who are mothers talking about their children. Yeah, she's going to chime in with her own wisdom from when she NEVER HAD A F*CKING CHILD. Relationship advice? SHE'S NEVER HAD A F*CKING RELATIONSHIP, BUT SHE'LL SURE AS F*CK TALK LIKE SHE HAS.

I half jokingly ask out loud if I could bring an expensive new chair I'm getting from a friend's office that's closing. She has to say that SHE wants a new chair and should get one before I do. WELL F*CK THATS TOO BAD, FIND A FRIEND WHO'S CLOSING A F*CKING OFFICE AND GET ONE? WHY DO I GIVE A **** IF YOU WANT ONE?

She also sh*t-talks anyone who doesn't agree with her. Salesman wants an ad a certain way. She'll bitch about him and how he knows f*ck all. Except he's telling her what the client wants. Not everyone is going to agree with you, girlfriend. DEAL WITH IT

Another thing, and I'm not exaggerating. She complains about EVERYTHING. Not only that, but she complains ALL DAY. At least 3 times an hour. At least that much, many days it happens more often. We work long hours, and she's complaining non stop. Without music on really loud I would have to end my life. I can't keep hearing about how we should adopt her way of doing things.

She has the same f*cking music playing loud (no headphones. because if you're an annoying bitch you don't need them) She walks away with the same **** songs playing for all of us to hear. Thanks a ton! The Across the Universe soundtrack is ****ing golden after the 14th time hearing it. Why not set it on repeat so we can hear it again please?

What makes me happy is knowing that I plan on getting out of there and moving on to bigger and better places. I'm not content simply working there with the poor salary. I want to do more exciting things with my career. I'm happy knowing that I wont stop until I get somewhere better.

I cannot wait for the day I can quit and get a new job. I love where I work and the managers are amazing. And the other workers are great. She ruins it all. Once I get some more time into this job and more good portfolio work I'll be gone and won't ever have to deal with her again.

Yes. I'm mad

Vehicles
      2013 GTI
      06-24-2011 12:16 AM #77
      Sounds like that bitch needs to be choked out.

My cube is right across the aisle from the loudest woman alive. She doesn't talk to people, she shouts. The good thing is I can tell her to shut the **** up in a normal speaking voice, but she never hears it. It's therapeutic.

Sent from my Apple II GS using a totally rad time machine.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      It isn't whether a government can represent its people that is the best measure of its effectiveness. Rather, it's whether a government is designed to leave its people alone.

8. Member
      06-24-2011 01:25 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by 08-Jetta View Post
      Example: I was spending some time in illustrator testing out a few things I didn't understand. It's a really slow day and I don't see any ads needing to be worked on. Of course, she gets up, looks at my screen, then declares out loud "you know theres work you can be doing rather than just having fun"
      I would have typed out STFU and asked her if she liked it better embossed or stroked.

I should hold seminars for office workers on how to create a don't-fark-with-me personality and become a better smart ass. Two things way more important than that minor in whatever you all have.

Vehicles
      NC MX5, Golf R
      06-24-2011 07:08 AM #79
      Rant commence:

I'm in my first year of a job that I went to college for. I'm not expecting much out of the first job, just glad to have the experience on my resume.

I work with a girl a few years older than I who feels like it's her duty to control EVERYTHING that is going on in the graphic design department. Not only that, but she has the most irritating personality where she feels like she can say whatever the f*ck she wants and get away with it.

I mean get f*cking real. You are no better a designer than I am. You aren't a manager or in any supervisor role. Keep your eyes on your own sh*t. Don't try to tell me I'm just "having fun" rather than working. Me learning to use all of the features in Adobe Illustrator will make my work that much better.

It is because of this girl that I dread working. She meddles in EVERY SINGLE THING anyone talks about. If I want to ask a coworker where a particular client's file is, she's always going to yell over where I'll find it. I didn't ask you because I didn't want to talk to you. Shut your mouth and do your own thing.
      If I want to ask when a paper is supposed to go out, she's going to yell it out and make sure I look dumb for not knowing.
      If I want to get a quick design down so that I won't forget it, she's sure to walk by and tell me there's work to be done. I get that there's work. Now screw off

Also, she's the kind of girl who thinks she knows EVERYTHING about EVERY subject brought up. Two women who are mothers talking about their children. Yeah, she's going to chime in with her own wisdom from when she NEVER HAD A F*CKING CHILD. Relationship advice? SHE'S NEVER HAD A F*CKING RELATIONSHIP, BUT SHE'LL SURE AS F*CK TALK LIKE SHE HAS.

I half jokingly ask out loud if I could bring an expensive new chair I'm getting from a friend's office that's closing. She has to say that SHE wants a new chair and should get one before I do. WELL F*CK THATS TOO BAD, FIND A FRIEND WHO'S CLOSING A F*CKING OFFICE AND GET ONE? WHY DO I GIVE A **** IF YOU WANT ONE?

She also sh*t-talks anyone who doesn't agree with her. Salesman wants an ad a certain way. She'll bitch about him and how he knows f*ck all. Except he's telling her what the client wants. Not everyone is going to agree with you, girlfriend. DEAL WITH IT

Another thing, and I'm not exaggerating. She complains about EVERYTHING. Not only that, but she complains ALL DAY. At least 3 times an hour. At least that much, many days it happens more often. We work long hours, and she's complaining non stop. Without music on really loud I would have to end my life. I can't keep hearing about how we should adopt her way of doing things.

She has the same f*cking music playing loud (no headphones. because if you're an annoying bitch you don't need them) She walks away with the same **** songs playing for all of us to hear. Thanks a ton! The Across the Universe soundtrack is ****ing golden after the 14th time hearing it. Why not set it on repeat so we can hear it again please?

What makes me happy is knowing that I plan on getting out of there and moving on to bigger and better places. I'm not content simply working there with the poor salary. I want to do more exciting things with my career. I'm happy knowing that I wont stop until I get somewhere better.

I cannot wait for the day I can quit and get a new job. I love where I work and the managers are amazing. And the other workers are great. She ruins it all. Once I get some more time into this job and more good portfolio work I'll be gone and won't ever have to deal with her again.

Yes. I'm mad
      This is the exact description of the old guy here that is a warehouse worker, but is too busy telling everyone else how to do their job (as loud as he can in front of our customers to make us look stupid) to actually work the god damn warehouse, so we constantly have to go out into the warehouse and do his job because nothing is getting done. He always is getting on people about working harder and stuff like that. He has no idea what he's doing, much less any idea WTF we're doing in the office. F**k that guy. Every single person that works here (even people from a different branch who he calls to tell them how to do their job) has yelled at him. **** I hate that guy.

Vehicles
      '04 VW Phaeton V8 Blk/Bge, '93 Jaguar XJ6, '10 Jeep Wrangler 'Sport', '10 Subaru Forester 'Pzev'
      06-24-2011 07:50 AM #80
      Cubicle Peon here. Except for a conference room across from me, used to have the whole 6-cubes surrounding mine by myself. Unfortunately it's changed within the last 3 weeks and now every one of these is filled. My work permits me to bring my iPod to block out everyone else. Unfortunately my 'assignment' ends today. So much for that...

Vehicles
      2006 GLI and 1987 Scirocco 16V
      06-24-2011 08:43 AM #81
      Rant commence:

[snip]

Yes. I'm mad
      You've got yourself an office bully/busybody. Someone there needs to call her out on her isht. Does no one there have a backbone? You don't need to be a dick, but put her in her place. A simple, calm "I really wasn't asking you" can cause the person to move along quickly.

You know the best way to shut someone like this up? Point out publicly a mistake she's made. It doesn't have to be something big, or done in a malicious way, but say she tells you the wrong location for the "Smith file." When you can't find it, tell her, "Hey, the Smith File is not where you told me it was. Bill helped me find it." Then the next time she tells you where it is, question her: "Are you sure it's there? You thought you knew where the Smith File was and it wasn't there. I spent a lot of time looking for it. Time I could have been working. I wouldn't have found if Bill didn't help." She might try it a few more times, but guess what? She'll start to steer clear of you and prey on more spineless individuals.

I previously worked with someone very much like you do. You know how we got him to change? We bullied him right back. He would throw in his .02 on something and we'd calmly look at him and say "Tom, I didn't ask you." Then immediately go back to the person who we were talking with. When he played his music (frickin MARCHING BAND music), we'd find the most obnoxious song and play it slightly louder. We all also started meeting in a conference room with a window and wouldn't invite him. It drove him crazy; he could see us but didn't know what we were talking about.

Now, it's not the most mature way to handle the situation, but your happiness at work should not hinge on ONE person. Have you all approached your manager about this? Where is he/she in all this?

Vehicles
      '12 Honda Pilot EX-L, '11 Kia Optima LX
      06-24-2011 09:28 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by 20DYNAMITE07 View Post
      I'm not going to call you a racist... but I gotta say this is ridiculous.

What you are referring to is an accent... not "ebonics." The fact that your boss is black is likely why you immediately assumed it was ebonics. But sorry. It is not.

I've got a dollar in my pocket that says you wouldn't even bat an eye if your manager was a white guy from Gloucester MA that invited you to get in his caaah and go out for some chowdaaaah.

In short... deal with it.
      BS. I know the difference between AXE and ASK. Accent my ass.
      My flickr
      "The best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S. Truman

Vehicles
      2013 Volt
      06-24-2011 09:41 AM #83
      Exactly.
      A: aaaaaaaaaaaa
      S: sssssssssssss
      K: kkkkkkkkkkk

aaaaaaa ssssssss kkkkkkk aaa sss kkk a s k ask.

Which is completely different from aaa kkk sss aks.

Just like nu-cu-lar IS NOT nu-cle-ar. It's not an accent, it's the inability to read.

14. 06-24-2011 09:46 AM #84
      ha ha, you must be the guy that sits behind me. Three minority women sit immediately near one another here and the office turns into The View for much of the day. One is a divorcee w/ a fat kid and goes on and on about the events in the kids life. Then there are the outloud proclamations, self observations, whoops, holla's, etc. She is lonely and bakes. The baking brings the entire office to a halt. Everyone must taste and discuss ad nauseum. She gets in after 9:30 and spends ~30 mins unloading her breakfast, lunch, cakes. So, I feel your pain.

06-24-2011 09:55 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubjb View Post
      She is lonely and bakes. The baking brings the entire office to a halt. Everyone must taste and discuss ad nauseum. She gets in after 9:30 and spends ~30 mins unloading her breakfast, lunch, cakes. So, I feel your pain.

wait..

are you complaining about free pastries?

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      06-24-2011 10:06 AM #86
      I think he's complaining about the commotion that surrounds said pastries. I imagine he refuses to partake in the consumption of said pastries due to a desire to not identify himself as a hypocrite- thus he has come to despise said pastries.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      06-24-2011 10:12 AM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by joness0154 View Post
      I wear headphones at work and listen to Pandora/Grooveshark all day. I don't have to listen to my coworkers.
      I hate this bitch that works one isle over. She just moved in and she craks ****ing lady gaga and country all day and doesn't use head phones. I put on the Shadows Falls hardcore heavy music channel on Pandora and jacked it up and she still didn't get the idea. Fortunately I'm IT and she's just a Peon, so next time she does it, I'm going to reach into her ****ing computer and rip the mother ****ing speaker out with my mother ****ing bare hands and I'm doing my victory man shout in her face. Then I'm going to sit back down and continue avoiding work.

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      06-24-2011 10:15 AM #88
      This is where I would post the GIF of the dude clapping. If I knew where it was.

"Axe" is not professional. There is a way to separate it. I know someone who sounds polite, professional and educated at work. I've also heard her on her lunch break on her cell phone and I couldn't understand a word she said. Its like there is a switch to flip to know when to be professional.

You're not going to write a work email to someone and use "LOL" or "UR". Judging by forum posts I'll bet half of the people here use the wrong forms of your and you're in work emails. So then why is "axe" acceptable?

19. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      06-24-2011 10:15 AM #89
      Rant commence:

Yes. I'm mad
      did she surgically remove your backbone for you? youre the one that takes her ****.

older co worker told me at 8:03 today that i 'really need to be in work on time' - first time i havent been here at 7:30 in like two weeks straight. I told her im sure if its an issue management will have a talk with me, but thank you for her concern. shes not going to bring it up again?

why dont you just ask her to turn her music off, etc?
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      06-24-2011 10:28 AM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkChad View Post
      older co worker told me at 8:03 today that i 'really need to be in work on time'
      It would drive me up a goddamned wall to have people monitoring my comings and goings to work.

Most days, I'm here before 7:30 (no one else gets in until at least 8), and leave after 4:30. I stay late if I have more work to do, but I usually don't. Sometimes I get the stink eye when I leave at 4:30, but **** it, I don't care. The other day, I got stuck in traffic (traffic lights were out due to storms) and I didn't get in until after 9, then had a dentist appointment at 1:30 that lasted until 2:30, so I went home and logged in after that for another 3-4 hours. That's what salaried means. It means that when I'm sitting on the couch at 7PM and get a work email on my phone, I respond. It means that when I get up at 2AM to take a **** and get a work email on my phone from some mother****er in China, I respond. It means when I'm shaving at 5:30AM and I get a crisis email, I run down to my computer and take care of **** with a face half full of shaving cream, then I haul ass to the office if need be. It also means if I need to go get a filling at 2 in the afteroon, I'm ****ing going, or if my boss is going to be out of town for 2 weeks, **** it, it's work from home week for me.

My company doesn't pay me to occupy a cube for 40.0 hours a week. They pay me to do my goddamned job. Some weeks that means working 65-70 hours a week. Sometimes it means I stay until 10PM. I've seen 2AM at work. I've seen the sun rise in the summer at work, after being here for 2 hours. I've also said "**** it" on a Tuesday afternoon and gone to make a 1PM tee time because it's the middle of the middle month of the quarter and there ain't **** going on. You know how to find me if there's a problem.

/Rant

21. 06-24-2011 10:38 AM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      I think he's complaining about the commotion that surrounds said pastries. I imagine he refuses to partake in the consumption of said pastries due to a desire to not identify himself as a hypocrite- thus he has come to despise said pastries.
      lol , this and I need to lose 15-20lbs

Vehicles
      '87 930 '77 Bronco '01 325iTSC '08 Xterra
      06-24-2011 10:40 AM #92
      Correct. An accent in an inflection or drawl of pronunciation placed on words, not the replacement of one term for another. The latter is simply ignorance that has become so commonplace that it is accepted.

At my old job my manager's office was right outside of my cube and he was easily the noisiest person on the floor. He would constantly tell humorless 'jokes' and guffaw at them incessantly while everyone else stood there in awkward silence. I don't think he ever made a call that wasn't on speakerphone and obviously had no idea what his door was for.

The worst was that he would hock loudly about every 30-45 seconds. It didn't matter who he was talking to or what was going on he would constantly be making the sound of coughing up a lung oyster. It was absolutely disgusting. I had a 3 minute mp3 I clipped together by recording him on my phone of nothing but hocking noises, I wanted to make a soundboard Ferris Bueller style but I lost the file when I was fired. (best day ever!)
      Do you want to ride to 60 in three seconds or drive there in five?

Vehicles
      '09 E90 M3
      06-24-2011 10:40 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      It would drive me up a goddamned wall to have people monitoring my comings and goings to work.

Most days, I'm here before 7:30 (no one else gets in until at least 8), and leave after 4:30. I stay late if I have more work to do, but I usually don't. Sometimes I get the stink eye when I leave at 4:30, but **** it, I don't care. The other day, I got stuck in traffic (traffic lights were out due to storms) and I didn't get in until after 9, then had a dentist appointment at 1:30 that lasted until 2:30, so I went home and logged in after that for another 3-4 hours. That's what salaried means. It means that when I'm sitting on the couch at 7PM and get a work email on my phone, I respond. It means that when I get up at 2AM to take a **** and get a work email on my phone from some mother****er in China, I respond. It means when I'm shaving at 5:30AM and I get a crisis email, I run down to my computer and take care of **** with a face half full of shaving cream, then I haul ass to the office if need be. It also means if I need to go get a filling at 2 in the afteroon, I'm ****ing going, or if my boss is going to be out of town for 2 weeks, **** it, it's work from home week for me.

My company doesn't pay me to occupy a cube for 40.0 hours a week. They pay me to do my goddamned job. Some weeks that means working 65-70 hours a week. Sometimes it means I stay until 10PM. I've seen 2AM at work. I've seen the sun rise in the summer at work, after being here for 2 hours. I've also said "**** it" on a Tuesday afternoon and gone to make a 1PM tee time because it's the middle of the middle month of the quarter and there ain't **** going on. You know how to find me if there's a problem.

/Rant
      What I don't understand is the all-too-common notion that what you do is somehow "unprofessional" or "bad" amongst the traditionalists, who are not even necessarily old veterans of the workforce. What a crock of ****.

It's very clear who feels that way in my office and, ironically, it's the ones with the simpler, more mundane jobs/tasks that feel EVERYONE must be in the office 40 hours a week. I frankly don't yet have enough experience to go against the grain and operate like you do, but once I have a couple of years under my belt, there's no doubt I will operate on my own schedule.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      beater/broke status
      06-24-2011 11:27 AM #94
      Although not restricted to my cube all day...im in and out during a average 8 hour day. But when I am I get to hear about my cube neighbors 93 corvette about 4 to 5 hours a day. Now I dont mind a little banter back and forth but when speaking to yourself loudly enough so I can hear you about parts for it everyday its irritating. I know hes doing so ill chime in and be like "hey nice your car should be wicked fast after you drop 5 grand on a blower for it" . And once you get him going its like getting raped..You have no control over it and pray for it stop. And one word answers and responses will only cause this guy to poke and prod more to initiate a painfully repetitive convo.
      Quote Originally Posted by SLK350 View Post
      Penises have everything to do with science.

Vehicles
      06-24-2011 11:37 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by ElixXxeR View Post
      What I don't understand is the all-too-common notion that what you do is somehow "unprofessional" or "bad" amongst the traditionalists, who are not even necessarily old veterans of the workforce. What a crock of ****.

It's very clear who feels that way in my office and, ironically, it's the ones with the simpler, more mundane jobs/tasks that feel EVERYONE must be in the office 40 hours a week. I frankly don't yet have enough experience to go against the grain and operate like you do, but once I have a couple of years under my belt, there's no doubt I will operate on my own schedule.
      I can only do what I do because most other people do the same. Honestly, the flexibility here (plus the PTO*) makes it VERY hard to leave the company. My wife left a year ago, and her company is FAR less flexible and it's kind of a point of contension for her at the new place. Her boss works dumb hours (like 930AM to 6PM) and gets annoyed at his underlings for working 8-4:30ish and expecting to go home on time, instead of waiting around for him all evening. They also don't do ANY work from home, and look at a work from home program as a "reward" to be "earned" instead of just goddamned good business and a benefit for EVERYONE (like when it snows, instead of having everyone show up late because they sat in traffic for 2 hours, why not let them work from home and be productive???) And it's really hard to find this stuff out in a job interview without sounding like a lazy POS; "Uhhh, can I leave early on Fridays?" NO you can't. But oh, wait, you already worked 60 hours this week, so, uhh...no, we need you here in case there's a phone call....

*I get awesome PTO; 4 weeks a year, plus I usually carry one over, so I have access to 5. In 2 years I'll get another week or two a year, too. I just interviewed at a company that offerred me much better pay, a more interesting job, etc, but would only give me 2 weeks of vacation FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS and wouldn't negotiate. Plus, they kept saying "Well, uh, we're flexible, we'll work with you..." but refused to put anything in writing. Yeah, not falling for that ****heads.

Vehicles
      '04 VW Phaeton V8 Blk/Bge, '93 Jaguar XJ6, '10 Jeep Wrangler 'Sport', '10 Subaru Forester 'Pzev'
      06-24-2011 01:14 PM #96
      Couple of years ago I asked if I could work remote - not every day, just 1 or 2 days a week. Was told I was needed here between the hours of 9 and 4 (physically in the office) just in case 'something came up'. It's been over 2 years... Still waiting for 'something to come up'!!!

27. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      06-24-2011 01:18 PM #97

/Rant
      shes usually really cool, thats why it was weird for her to say it, but i let her know that I dont care.

I got promoted within 3 months at the company, there is a bit of jealousy going on here to say the least. If these mofo's put up big numbers they couldve been promoted too.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

06-24-2011 01:25 PM #98

i would approach despisal of said pastries differently...

be first in line everytime, eat 2x and then proclaim loudly

OH GOD THESE THINGS ARE KEEPING ME FAT!! WHY SWEET GEEZUZ!

Vehicles
      04 R32
      06-24-2011 01:58 PM #99

/Rant
      This. Most of people at my work scoff if I leave early. But I a. Get here before anyone else everyday and b. always get my stuff done. 4PM is going to hit today and I'm going to leave an hour early because I'm going on an impromtu golf trip to cheeseland, and they can roll their eyes all they want at me. Maybe they should of thought about that when they rolled in droopy eyed at 8:30 today and I was already an hour in and getting **** done. Makes me so aaaanngrrryyy.

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      06-24-2011 02:10 PM #100

/Rant
      Quoted for f**king truth.

I was salaried at my old job and my boss didn't understand the concept at all- he treated us like hourly employees when it came to our schedule. Not only did we not get overtime but we were expected to stay late, answer calls at all hours (all perfectly fine, I'm salaried) but god for f**king bid if we wanted to leave work 30 minutes early and all our crap was done.

"You should have come in 30 minutes earlier."

At my new job I'm hourly but I have 100% more freedom than I did at my salaried job. Oh, you know why? Because my new boss (and her boss) aren't tyrannical a**holes and they respect their employees.
      Last edited by Hostile; 06-24-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Vehicles
      06-24-2011 02:17 PM #101
      Quoted for f**king truth.

I was salaried at my old job and my boss didn't understand the concept at all- he treated us like hourly employees when it came to our schedule. Not only did we not get overtime but we were expected to stay late, answer calls at all hours (all perfectly fine, I'm salaried) but god for f**king bid if we wanted to leave work 30 minutes early and all our crap was done.

"You should have come in 30 minutes earlier."
      I had a boss like that once. He said that, and I said okay, from now on I'm tracking every second I'm here. 'll work 40 hours a week, no more no less, and you'll never get me to respond to an email after hours again. It runs both ways. He lightened up.

Also, when I first started with the company, I was hourly for some reason (kinda weird, but the OT was nice.) Well, we had a really busy time at the end of the quarter, and my boss's boss freaked out about how much OT we were earning (I used to do ~$1k/mo in OT.) So he said no more OT. I said fine. Around 3PM Wednesday, I started packing up to leave. Told my boss I'd see him Monday. The look on his face was priceless. We got to keep our OT. Hell, I made a business case for promoting me, taking away OT, and how many thousands a year the company would save, but they wouldn't do it.

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      06-24-2011 02:19 PM #102
      Does she type axe or ask? I'm guessing she writes "ask" so then I'm guessing she knows the difference too. It is a difference in pronunciation... hence an accent.

So go have a cup of Chowdaaaah... and relax, that way you can "git er dunn" when you're given a work task. Y'all have a good day now...hear?
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      06-24-2011 02:21 PM #103
      I had a boss like that once. He said that, and I said okay, from now on I'm tracking every second I'm here. 'll work 40 hours a week, no more no less, and you'll never get me to respond to an email after hours again. It runs both ways. He lightened up.
      :
      Exactly. I did the same thing at my previous job. Treat me like an hourly worker, you'll get hourly attendance and performance - which is to say, exactly 40 hours a week and not a second more. I'm happy to be responsive to emails and calls after hours, and work huge hours when required...but only if the flexibility goes both ways.

It's this kind of crap, though, that makes the idea of going into biz for myself and doing consulting a really appealing idea.
      Last edited by Turbio!; 06-24-2011 at 02:25 PM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

06-24-2011 02:30 PM #104
      Office people

Outside Sales Bitches

I was at the office this morning 8-11:30

And thats the most I have been there this week.

And guess what next week . NONE .

( well we do have an open house thursday and the Hooters Girls will be there so ... )

Vehicles
      '12 Honda Pilot EX-L, '11 Kia Optima LX
      06-24-2011 02:31 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by 20DYNAMITE07 View Post
      Does she type axe or ask? I'm guessing she writes "ask" so then I'm guessing she knows the difference too. It is a difference in pronunciation... hence an accent.

So go have a cup of Chowdaaaah... and relax, that way you can "git er dunn" when you're given a work task. Y'all have a good day now...hear?
      I'm sure she knows the difference too, but she likes to say AXE instead of ASK. What else can I say besides 'it isn't an ACCENT' because all the other words sound perfectly fine.
      Last edited by GolfTango; 06-24-2011 at 02:35 PM.
      My flickr
      "The best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S. Truman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast