VWVortex

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please co-workers STFU!!!!

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-23-2011 02:01 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Brendan@bwalkauto View Post
      Did you PM him to let him know you're talking about him? I hear that's becoming a requirement.
      nah, mention his name three times and he appears like Michael Keaton in Beetlejuice

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-23-2011 02:01 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      Yup. Putting warheads on foreheads.
      Ingalls or Bath?

Vehicles
      '13 Suzuki Kizashi S 6MT, '12 Honda Pilot EX-L
      06-23-2011 02:02 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by MrTopher View Post
      I am dealing with this same issue right now…

I work in a space that was just filled with people within our specific group, and then we acquired another company and with that came some new people that didn’t do anything related to our group. I was lucky enough to get a new neighbor from the acquisition, I didn’t have much issues as did other people in my group for the first month, but then suddenly the personal calls started, and it was personal after personal after personal. It’s been about 4-5 months now and some days we don’t even notice or she’s never on a personal call, and then some days it’s excessive. When she’s being excessive my co-workers and I tend to just be loud and make comments about random garbage. We have considered going to our manager and her manager, but it won’t fix the glitch, and its pretty political here. I know more about this woman’s life and her children’s life than I even know about my fiancé.

Just keep the headphones on (like I do most of the time) or start having conversations over the cubical walls with other co-workers about nothing, similar to what they do.

The axe/ask thing, that is just funny, we have a person that does the same, when I call her I have to mute the phone because I know she’s going to drop a large blade on me.
      Funny you mention personal calls. There is one gentleman on the floor that has been with the company for years. Every day at around 3:30 - 4pm, he jumps on the phone and is on it until 6pm. Every day, personal calls. And he spits when he talks and suffers from moist mouth/lips which makes it much, much worse to listen to.
      My 500px
      My flickr
      "The best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S. Truman

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      06-23-2011 02:03 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Ingalls or Bath?
      Bath, only way to go. 'Goula is just nasty.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      06-23-2011 02:08 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by ElixXxeR View Post
      ] In the end, it will simply make me less productive because other people talking is inherently distracting and I need a bit of space to myself, despite the misnomer that this encourages bad behavior.
      :
      If I could telecommute 2-3 days a week, I totally would. I don't need facetime with everybody in my unit to effectively get work done. If I need something, I'll call or email you, or we can meet when I'm in. There's this hidebound idea floating around that you need to keep an eye on all your employees and make them all work as a team on every little thing, and I find that lame and unnecessary. I get far more done when I'm telecommuting my one day a week.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      '09 E90 M3
      06-23-2011 02:17 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel! View Post
      If I could telecommute 2-3 days a week, I totally would. I don't need facetime with everybody in my unit to effectively get work done. If I need something, I'll call or email you, or we can meet when I'm in. There's this hidebound idea floating around that you need to keep an eye on all your employees and make them all work as a team on every little thing, and I find that lame and unnecessary. I get far more done when I'm telecommuting my one day a week.
      I think this describes the majority of white-collar office jobs perfectly. You don't need to see everyone, everyday. Period. I interact with my peers and superiors scarcely throughout the day, if at all, and there's no doubt I would be more productive at home without distractions and a total 1.5 hours of commute time.

Speaking of productive, my work computer fails miserably at properly running the massive files I work on. I'm the only one who actually writes code around here and since my review is coming up next week, I'm not asking, but TELLING my manager that I'm bringing my home-built desktop into the office. I'll take out the network card to shut IT's whiny traps if need be, but my desktop would simply ravage what my laptop takes seemingly forever to do. Then, when I finish my work even earlier than I already do, I'm going home.

Vehicles
      Is300
      06-23-2011 03:36 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfTango View Post
      Part two. (I’m not racist, so please spare me the KFC gif) One of the managers is black and she loves to use “axe” vs. “ask”. Why? For the love of God, why is it so hard to say the proper English ASK? You’re a goddamn manager, someone making double my salary. Leave your Ebonics at the door.

I’m done, putting my headphones back in…
      try listening people say 'axe' when they are talking about how professional they are in an interview. they set the glass ceiling for themselves when they cant differentiate between work appropriate language and personal language.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

Vehicles
      2015 Lapiz Blue VW Golf R, 2014 Scuba Blue Audi Q5
      06-23-2011 03:45 PM #58
      There's a girl that sits diagonally across from me that has the most high-pitched, loud cackle you've ever heard. She is also terribly easily amused by the old guy that sits next to her, has a crush on her, and is a wealth of inane, tired puns.

To top it off, she's been sick for about two weeks and every five minutes does this extraordinary hork like a 80-year-old man.

Plus, our boss is on vacation, so they have been spending more time screwing around doing absolutely nothing than usual.

Long story short, left the office at 11:00AM today. Only day I went in this week. I working from home.

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      06-23-2011 05:13 PM #59
      In addition to the lady I share my office with, we have a receptionist who spends more time on her cell phone than answering the company phone and gets upset and makes loud annoyed grunts when she has to stop her personal call, or facetime, or facebook time to do her job and answer the company phone. She keeps her ringer at full volume and also the keyboard sounds on her iphone are turned on. So when you walk by you either hear her, the iphone keyboard going a mile a minute, or some obnoxious techno hip hop song.

Also, for being a receptionist and the person who is supposed to open the front doors and turn on the lights, etc... she is habitually late.

How she still works here is beyond me. Probably due to her age and "looks" which I don't find attractive. I've never come across a receptionist who only had to answer phones and do nothing else. And she is terrible at it and vocal about hating it. I have to cover the desk when she is out and for her lunches and if she only knew how easy she had it...
      #FREEPATRIKMAN

Vehicles
      04 R32, 07 GTI, 14 JSW TDI
      06-23-2011 05:38 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by ElixXxeR View Post
      I think this describes the majority of white-collar office jobs perfectly. You don't need to see everyone, everyday. Period. I interact with my peers and superiors scarcely throughout the day, if at all, and there's no doubt I would be more productive at home without distractions and a total 1.5 hours of commute time.

Speaking of productive, my work computer fails miserably at properly running the massive files I work on. I'm the only one who actually writes code around here and since my review is coming up next week, I'm not asking, but TELLING my manager that I'm bringing my home-built desktop into the office. I'll take out the network card to shut IT's whiny traps if need be, but my desktop would simply ravage what my laptop takes seemingly forever to do. Then, when I finish my work even earlier than I already do, I'm going home.
      Kind of the same situation here. Workaholics here roll their eyes when I leave 'early'. But I can't do any design work on this 5 year old **** laptop they still have me using. So I go home and work on the desktop I built without raging at that damn spinning blue circle I get all day long in the office.

Most everything I do could be done from home. If we had a proper phone system that could follow my cell phone, there'd be zero reason.

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      06-23-2011 05:47 PM #61
      I could do 100% of my work from home, but for some reason they think it's better that I sit in a cube. Funny thing is, nobody in the office misses me when I'm gone because I don't do any work with any of them.

I gave up a nice office with a large window to move into a cube at one of our offices closer to home. Fortunately, I got a reasonably quiet corner of the building except for the conference room right behind me where they don't like to close the door. I usually get up and close it for them.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      06-23-2011 05:50 PM #62
      I'm the only person in my department in this office and I have no friends here. I go most days without a single face-to-face conversation.

I can do 99.9% of my job from home. At least this place is more flexible about working from home.

Vehicles
      '81 Rabbit 1.6l diesel
      06-23-2011 05:53 PM #63
      As your IT guy, i'm going to send this thread to your coworkers and hilarity will not ensue!

Vehicles
      '81 Rabbit 1.6l diesel
      06-23-2011 05:54 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      I'm the only person in my department in this office and I have no friends here. I go most days without a single face-to-face conversation.

I can do 99.9% of my job from home. At least this place is more flexible about working from home.
      dude. i am in the same boat. i work with 3 others but we don't do much talking. id say only about a solid 15-20 minutes of talking per day.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 BMW 135i M Sport, 2008 Jeep Liberty
      06-23-2011 05:55 PM #65
      You're an underemployed college kid. You haven't even started up the first rung, let alone climbed the ladder.
      If what he's saying is true then, yeah, I agree with him. Just wait till you tell your boss at a real job when you have serious bills to pay to STFU. See where that takes you.
      2012 BMW 135i M Sport

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      06-23-2011 05:58 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by ABAcabby View Post
      dude. i am in the same boat. i work with 3 others but we don't do much talking. id say only about a solid 15-20 minutes of talking per day.
      45 people in this office and I might say hi to a couple of them as I wander about the building throughout the day. The only time I hear from any of them is after they call our help desk and don't actually get helped.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      06-23-2011 05:59 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by ABAcabby View Post
      Same here, pretty much. Even that could be an easy video conference or phone call. I have 2-3 recurring meetings per week, so I'd need to be there for those, but seriously...I could, in theory, work 4 days a week at home. I know I'd get as much or more accomplished. Hell, I could work from damn near anywhere with a hub airport nearby, wifi, and a comfy chair.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-23-2011 06:06 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      Bath, only way to go. 'Goula is just nasty.

Vehicles
      MTA
      06-23-2011 09:25 PM #69
      Well, ****, son, with your illustrious career as a keyholder, **** college - you oughta be hitting the inspirational speaking circuit.

I currently work with a girl who can't seem to understand that -ed is not the same as -et.

EX:

He decidet to run.

(Not racist, just annoyed.)

Vehicles
      14' StingRay, 71' Malibu, 03' Envoy, 05' Honda VTX, 97' C'Dale 900 Killer V, 90' C'Dale SR800
      06-23-2011 09:46 PM #70
      Don't forget these gems......

"I was sleep" insted of I was sleeping or
      Auntee = Aunt

Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      06-23-2011 09:52 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      b/c he worked for an oil company that creates jobs and a company you probably have some investment in with a retirement plan?

you're all criticizing speedbumps for his experience yet none of you have offered up or trumped his experience with your own, at least he's managed a set of workers, something that is highly looked upon when moving up and getting a better job. what have YOU managed besides your pr0n collection? please do post your even greater level of life and job experience so we can put you under the microscope. besides the guy was making a valid point and you guys just took the thread off topic.
      I manage the piss out of my horde of minions at my $10/hr retail job and I have absolutely no seniority or authority over them whatsoever. Anyone can manage if they're extroverted, convincing and willing to take charge of situations. And **** the Oxford comma.

Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fusion w/ 3 pedals, 2014 Ford Escape... driven at/or beyond their limits
      06-23-2011 10:06 PM #72
      Managed a Starbucks... There's a larger collective IQ in the load I blew down the shower drain this morning than behind the counter at any Starbucks within a 10-mile radius of my house.
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV1
      Scene points are kind of like bitcoins... They really carry no value outside of the internet.

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      06-23-2011 10:26 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfTango View Post

Part two. (I’m not racist, so please spare me the KFC gif) One of the managers is black and she loves to use “axe” vs. “ask”. Why? For the love of God, why is it so hard to say the proper English ASK? You’re a goddamn manager, someone making double my salary. Leave your Ebonics at the door.

I’m done, putting my headphones back in…
      I'm not going to call you a racist... but I gotta say this is ridiculous.

What you are referring to is an accent... not "ebonics." The fact that your boss is black is likely why you immediately assumed it was ebonics. But sorry. It is not.

I've got a dollar in my pocket that says you wouldn't even bat an eye if your manager was a white guy from Gloucester MA that invited you to get in his caaah and go out for some chowdaaaah.

In short... deal with it.

"We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      06-23-2011 10:37 PM #74
      A chinese guy behind me normally isn't very loud... until he starts talking on the phone. Then his speech becomes very slow and VERY VERY loud. That's when he doesn't chomp his food at his desk... or doesn't hum some tune, going "deee dee deeee deee deee.... "
      “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime” - Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Vehicles
      '03 X, '99 C43
      06-23-2011 11:35 PM #75
      Rant commence:

I'm in my first year of a job that I went to college for. I'm not expecting much out of the first job, just glad to have the experience on my resume.

I work with a girl a few years older than I who feels like it's her duty to control EVERYTHING that is going on in the graphic design department. Not only that, but she has the most irritating personality where she feels like she can say whatever the f*ck she wants and get away with it.

Example: I was spending some time in illustrator testing out a few things I didn't understand. It's a really slow day and I don't see any ads needing to be worked on. Of course, she gets up, looks at my screen, then declares out loud "you know theres work you can be doing rather than just having fun"

I mean get f*cking real. You are no better a designer than I am. You aren't a manager or in any supervisor role. Keep your eyes on your own sh*t. Don't try to tell me I'm just "having fun" rather than working. Me learning to use all of the features in Adobe Illustrator will make my work that much better.

It is because of this girl that I dread working. She meddles in EVERY SINGLE THING anyone talks about. If I want to ask a coworker where a particular client's file is, she's always going to yell over where I'll find it. I didn't ask you because I didn't want to talk to you. Shut your mouth and do your own thing.
      If I want to ask when a paper is supposed to go out, she's going to yell it out and make sure I look dumb for not knowing.
      If I want to get a quick design down so that I won't forget it, she's sure to walk by and tell me there's work to be done. I get that there's work. Now screw off

Also, she's the kind of girl who thinks she knows EVERYTHING about EVERY subject brought up. Two women who are mothers talking about their children. Yeah, she's going to chime in with her own wisdom from when she NEVER HAD A F*CKING CHILD. Relationship advice? SHE'S NEVER HAD A F*CKING RELATIONSHIP, BUT SHE'LL SURE AS F*CK TALK LIKE SHE HAS.

I half jokingly ask out loud if I could bring an expensive new chair I'm getting from a friend's office that's closing. She has to say that SHE wants a new chair and should get one before I do. WELL F*CK THATS TOO BAD, FIND A FRIEND WHO'S CLOSING A F*CKING OFFICE AND GET ONE? WHY DO I GIVE A **** IF YOU WANT ONE?

She also sh*t-talks anyone who doesn't agree with her. Salesman wants an ad a certain way. She'll bitch about him and how he knows f*ck all. Except he's telling her what the client wants. Not everyone is going to agree with you, girlfriend. DEAL WITH IT

Another thing, and I'm not exaggerating. She complains about EVERYTHING. Not only that, but she complains ALL DAY. At least 3 times an hour. At least that much, many days it happens more often. We work long hours, and she's complaining non stop. Without music on really loud I would have to end my life. I can't keep hearing about how we should adopt her way of doing things.

She has the same f*cking music playing loud (no headphones. because if you're an annoying bitch you don't need them) She walks away with the same **** songs playing for all of us to hear. Thanks a ton! The Across the Universe soundtrack is ****ing golden after the 14th time hearing it. Why not set it on repeat so we can hear it again please?

What makes me happy is knowing that I plan on getting out of there and moving on to bigger and better places. I'm not content simply working there with the poor salary. I want to do more exciting things with my career. I'm happy knowing that I wont stop until I get somewhere better.

I cannot wait for the day I can quit and get a new job. I love where I work and the managers are amazing. And the other workers are great. She ruins it all. Once I get some more time into this job and more good portfolio work I'll be gone and won't ever have to deal with her again.

Yes. I'm mad
      Serious 100% of the time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast