Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: CRC Guaranteed To Pass Emissions Test Formula - Fuel System Cleaner

1. 06-23-2011 06:09 PM #1
      It works.

Not a scientific test by any means, but my car should not have passed emissions... yet it did pass, and by a wide margin.

I recently bought a 1990 g60 in rough shape. The previous owners had the car sitting for years. Carfax showed records of it failing emissions in 1999 at 105,000 miles, failed again at 121,000 miles. The last record of it passing was at 136,000. As of today, the car sits at about 160,000 and is being prepped for autocross use - I had to get the emissions inspection done to keep it on the street. I never in a million years expected this thing to pass, in fact, in light of the history I thought this thing was certain to fail.

I did the standard routine of heating up the cat with a few full throttle pulls until the water and oil temps were reading on the high-end of normal. I also stopped at Autozone and picked up a bottle of the aforementioned "Guaranteed to Pass Emissions Formula". I dumped the additive in my tank with about a 1/4 tank left - drove around for about 20-25 miles to get it circulating. (I realize I didn't follow the instructions, but I didn't have time to run it for a full tank, especially with how infrequently I drive this car). After running the additive at a relatively high concentration for a while (1 bottle : 1/4 tank of fuel), I stopped and filled up the tank the rest of the way with fresh 93 octane. I drove a few extra miles to get the new mixture circulating.

I brought it to the test facility, where the car waited in the bay for about 15 minutes, bleeding off precious heat. Still, even after cooling off for a few minutes, the car still passed with flying colors.

I'm absolutely blown away this thing passed, I think it had to be the additive. Maybe I'm wrong - maybe the additive didn't do anything and I just got lucky at the test site - but for $11/bottle its cheap insurance.

Vehicles
      92 Corrado VRT, 2011 GTI 2.0T
      06-23-2011 06:23 PM #2
      Sorry but I dont like to put anything in my tank other than quality high octane gas. I guess you really cant say this stuff works or not unless you failed... added CRC and then passed. I have heard other things play a part in emission levels such as car temp, outside air temp etc etc.

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 97 Triple White New Beetle 2.5 6SP Auto (JUA)
      06-23-2011 07:38 PM #3
      This is already going so sideways I have to wear platform shoes just to read it.

Seriously though: gas prices drop when he shows up at the pump.

¡¡ opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

4. 06-23-2011 08:40 PM #4
      Like I said...not a scientific test by any means. There are many factors that could alter emissions test results, octane and burn characteristics of fuel additives being one of them.

The car is a beater that I'm building for autocross - I'm not concerned about the percieved dangers of adding anything other than high quality gas (which I always run anyway), I'm concerned about getting the car to pass emissions because otherwise it would have gone to the junk yard.

I just posted this to share my positive experience and maybe this helps some other corrado owner that's worried about getting his car through emissions.

5. 06-23-2011 09:42 PM #5
      lol, full throttle pass only to goto the gas station and turn it off. my g60 passes with flying colors on a tired ass motor.

06-23-2011 09:47 PM #6
      Few questions.... Do you have a good cat? Are all your sensors working properly?
      If the answer to all of the above is yes then there is no reason it shouldn't pass an emissions test. If you have a bad cat, hollow cat or test pipe then this may be a valid emissions formula.

Vehicles
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 97 Triple White New Beetle 2.5 6SP Auto (JUA)
      06-23-2011 11:22 PM #7
      Seriously, I hear what he's saying. He's got known issues with the car and doesn't have the time to chase them down and correct them. When you've gotta get a Corrado to pass smog you can not fail and/or be late. It can easily cost you a grand.

Lets give thanks where thanks are due. There is a product called CRC Guaranteed to pass emissions. It works for him and will get you past emissions if you're in a tight spot.

Now that's over with all the trollers can get to work
      ¡¡ opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

8. Member
      Vehicles
      90 Lysolm Corrado 75 STD Beetle 01 Dodge Ram 2500
      06-26-2011 01:59 AM #8
      Psst....denatured alcohol