Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Greyt 09 6spd build thread... (long overdue)

1. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      06-15-2012 01:28 PM #676
      bump for someone local doing big things! keep up the great work man.
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @Spintechllc
      Custom split wheel needs? We can help! SPINTECHLLC@GMAIL.COM

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-15-2012 02:49 PM #677
      Those wheels look nice. I really like "motorsport" wheels with many spokes. I REALLY wanna get a set of the VW Motorsport wheels myself. Can't wait to see some pics of those on your car.
      Agree.. I like the vw motorsport wheels too, but on 18s they are only 7.5 wide... And I need at least 8 to run 245/35s... Hence the sparco wheels.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-15-2012 02:49 PM #678
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      bump for someone local doing big things! keep up the great work man.
      Thanks!!!

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-15-2012 08:38 PM #679
      lol.. so much fun today!

i have no clue why, but it seems like when i lower my windows, no music and no AC, i can driver PERFECTLY!

i mean, super smooth, quick and fun! its like the car changes!!! i cant even begin to express it!!! its awesome!!!

for the first time in a couple of months, i was plesantly surprised with the car! i mean, i was used to the power from UM... and its like somehow i just got a couple extra ponies.

well, drove 120 miles today... i may do some lil things on the car this weekend.. like WASHIG IT! lol.

happy panda is happy.

Vehicles
      08 Rabbit 2.5, 14 Escape 2.0 awd
      06-15-2012 10:56 PM #680
      A/C just kills the 2.5 when it is on, its so sad.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-15-2012 11:40 PM #681
      Quote Originally Posted by vwluger22 View Post
      A/C just kills the 2.5 when it is on, its so sad.
      It really is.

Vehicles
      mkv
      06-16-2012 12:20 AM #682
      Quote Originally Posted by thygreyt View Post

for the first time in a couple of months, i was plesantly surprised with the car! i mean, i was used to the power from UM... and its like somehow i just got a couple extra ponies.
      im still loving my tune! it has been a good 10k and its been odd, but i think my gas mileage is getting better as the car ages lol. it wasnt a drastic change, but i noticed i have been slowly getting better range on each tank. and my mpg is rising to about 26-27 in the city with my same driving habits.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 12:27 AM #683
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbeezy View Post
      im still loving my tune! it has been a good 10k and its been odd, but i think my gas mileage is getting better as the car ages lol. it wasnt a drastic change, but i noticed i have been slowly getting better range on each tank. and my mpg is rising to about 26-27 in the city with my same driving habits.
      same!

i get such a good economy it makes me think i have a 4 cyl! :p

Vehicles
      mkv
      06-16-2012 12:34 AM #684
      same!

i get such a good economy it makes me think i have a 4 cyl! :p
      also gotta love how gas prices are coming down a bit as well.

btw i emailed to guys at CTS turbo to get some help with my plan. i am thinking PTE 5558 and then spa mani also. i was even thinking maybe the guys at je who are fabricating your piping should just do it x2 since i am looking to do similar things.

i how on the 09's we dont have to worry about the maf failing and we can use BOV so that means cleaner bay which i know you are looking for!

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 12:36 AM #685
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbeezy View Post
      also gotta love how gas prices are coming down a bit as well.

btw i emailed to guys at CTS turbo to get some help with my plan. i am thinking PTE 5558 and then spa mani also. i was even thinking maybe the guys at je who are fabricating your piping should just do it x2 since i am looking to do similar things.

i how on the 09's we dont have to worry about the maf failing and we can use BOV so that means cleaner bay which i know you are looking for!
      pm'ed!

and yes, BOV for the clean... i dont really care for the "cool sound"

Vehicles
      2007 Jetta 2.5
      06-16-2012 02:01 AM #686
      lol.. so much fun today!

i have no clue why, but it seems like when i lower my windows, no music and no AC, i can driver PERFECTLY!

i mean, super smooth, quick and fun! its like the car changes!!! i cant even begin to express it!!! its awesome!!!

well, drove 120 miles today... i may do some lil things on the car this weekend.. like WASHIG IT! lol.

happy panda is happy.
      It's funny I come home and read this, because I just got back from driving around town with three friends tonight. I put 110 miles on the car just cruising and talking. While they were joking I kept fading out and just listening to my car. I know it's in my head, but after I made the MAF insert and the CEL went off I just feel like the car sounds tighter, healthier and more efficient. I had so much fun just driving tonight. Can't wait to clean her this weekend and drive some more. Then next weekend I'm installing my Koni's and Neuspeed springs. So pumped.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 10:03 AM #687
      Quote Originally Posted by Ferd Burfel View Post
      It's funny I come home and read this, because I just got back from driving around town with three friends tonight. I put 110 miles on the car just cruising and talking. While they were joking I kept fading out and just listening to my car. I know it's in my head, but after I made the MAF insert and the CEL went off I just feel like the car sounds tighter, healthier and more efficient. I had so much fun just driving tonight. Can't wait to clean her this weekend and drive some more. Then next weekend I'm installing my Koni's and Neuspeed springs. So pumped.
      Lol, its not on your head. The cel you hae creates fuel trims, there fore you were loosing power. The car niw should be more alive! Faster, more responsive and a slighty better sound! :-)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Vehicles
      2007 Jetta 2.5
      06-16-2012 12:27 PM #688
      Hey Fred, didn't you say you knew the guy who ran PerformanceLEDs? Is that where you got your UM tune?

Vehicles
      P51 Mustang
      06-16-2012 12:44 PM #689
      Hey Fred, didn't you say you knew the guy who ran PerformanceLEDs? Is that where you got your UM tune?
      Yeah Fred knows him and he's a good friend of mine. Name on here is BetaOp9.
      Paint it black and take it back.
      Shawn's Speed Shop

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 12:46 PM #690
      Lol, yup! He's a friend, but German by car and him are good good friends.

Definetely do your um software and led solutions with him!

Vehicles
      2007 Jetta 2.5
      06-16-2012 12:50 PM #691
      I'm in another tab right now about to order some LEDs from him. I want to get my tune SOOO bad now. It sucks that I seem to be in the middle of nowhere when it comes to dealers/vendors that can do the UM tune. Gonna be a long drive to somewhere to get it done.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 02:08 PM #692
      I'm in another tab right now about to order some LEDs from him. I want to get my tune SOOO bad now. It sucks that I seem to be in the middle of nowhere when it comes to dealers/vendors that can do the UM tune. Gonna be a long drive to somewhere to get it done.
      it'll be worth it!

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta, 2008 Jetta RIP
      06-16-2012 02:47 PM #693
      Lol, yup! He's a friend, but German by car and him are good good friends.

Definetely do your um software and led solutions with him!

X2

Shawn is an awesome guy, I spent some time down there when I got my tune. When I purchased my lights he installed them for me without even asking! Definitely a great guy. I just need to get my base bars that I bought from him 2 months ago, haha.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 G37 coupe, 2006 Jetta
      06-16-2012 05:17 PM #694
      I haven't checked this thread in months, been following your posts on mkvjetta forum but you stopped updating it so I thought you might have gotten rid of the car.

what kind of awd system are you planning on using? what type of diffs for front, rear and center? how's the turbo project coming along?

You guys gotta help us out with mpgs my wife is getting 18-20mpg city and 25 mixed on the streets of miami beach, no where near the 27 city some of you have mentioned.

maybe you guys can recommend a shop to me near miami beach so I can get some work done to this car in the future - some cosmetic work, wheels, suspension, headlamp install and some kind of engine tune. don't want to go to gunther anymore for work.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 05:29 PM #695
      Quote Originally Posted by 06jettaSEL View Post
      I haven't checked this thread in months, been following your posts on mkvjetta forum but you stopped updating it so I thought you might have gotten rid of the car.

what kind of awd system are you planning on using? what type of diffs for front, rear and center? how's the turbo project coming along?

You guys gotta help us out with mpgs my wife is getting 18-20mpg city and 25 mixed on the streets of miami beach, no where near the 27 city some of you have mentioned.

maybe you guys can recommend a shop to me near miami beach so I can get some work done to this car in the future - some cosmetic work, wheels, suspension, headlamp install and some kind of engine tune. don't want to go to gunther anymore for work.
      lol, come to my place... i can help you out with most things. if they are minor, i can do it for free.

as for the AWD, its years away... so im not really worrying about it now!

BTW, i will not get rid of this car, evah1

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 G37 coupe, 2006 Jetta
      06-16-2012 05:33 PM #696
      Yeah that sounds awesome I would def. be interested in meeting you. I travel north to Sunrise for work near Sawgrass mall, how far are you from downtown Ft. Lauderdale? We should meet up somewhere for sure.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-16-2012 05:37 PM #697
      Quote Originally Posted by 06jettaSEL View Post
      Yeah that sounds awesome I would def. be interested in meeting you. I travel north to Sunrise for work near Sawgrass mall, how far are you from downtown Ft. Lauderdale? We should meet up somewhere for sure.
      currently living in pompano (exit 36 on i95...) but will be moving to weston by the end of the month!

so that will make things easy! just take sunrise to 869 (swgrass expressway) south untill 75, and exit on royal palm!

i'm doing an oil change on a mk4 2.0 next week, and a vacuum delete (all hoses, etc) on a 1.8T that will be going Big turbo soon!

Vehicles
      2007 Jetta 2.5
      06-16-2012 09:40 PM #698
      Thanks for your help today Fred. I pulled out the cover and other stuff today and it looks cleaner. I felt like you for a minute, just ripping it all out.

And thanks all for the words of advice and positive recommendations on Performance LEDs, I'm about to drop some money on his stuff and get a bunch of lights. Good to know he's got a great rep.

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-17-2012 02:07 AM #699
      Thanks for your help today Fred. I pulled out the cover and other stuff today and it looks cleaner. I felt like you for a minute, just ripping it all out.

And thanks all for the words of advice and positive recommendations on Performance LEDs, I'm about to drop some money on his stuff and get a bunch of lights. Good to know he's got a great rep.
      do it! rip it all. "be dangerous" lol.

anything you need, let me know! i love helping around!! Performance LED is incredible. products are quality, service is second to none. And not only does he have a great rep, he makes sure he stands by it!

Vehicles
      1k-m-cbta-02q-PTE5858
      06-17-2012 02:10 AM #700
      my wished interior: let me know if there is anyone looking for trades.

Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast