VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Relist: 90 Canadian G60 Corrado - Legally Imported into US - Lots of Euro Goodness Included

15K views 70 replies 14 participants last post by  Tanman5226 
#1 · (Edited)
1990 Canadian G60 Corrado - Legally Imported into US

This is one of my project cars that I'm going to offer up to someone else who will love her from this point on. I've got too many other cars that need love and attention. I've done a fair amount to her, but its time she goes to a new home.

Euro Goodies to be included with the car:
E-Code lights
Euro Belts
Euro A-Pillars (grey)
Euro B-Pillars (grey)
Euro Dash Trays (grey)
Euro Center Console (grey)
Euro Insturment Gauges (US spec gauges will be included)

Interior is currently two tone. Interior is good, just rather dusty from car being stored for a while.
Seats are Black/Blue Dot. Carpet is black, door cards are black/blue dot. center console is black. Rear hatch surround is Black.
A, B, and C Pillars are Grey
Original Grey/Grey Dot interior is no longer included, however all the other gray trim pieces that I have come along with it.
Car has Neuspeed racing springs on front and Neuspeed sport springs on back. The Neuspeed Rear Racing Springs and Neuspeed Front Sport Springs will also be included.

Rear Plate holder is in hatch.
Car cover included
New Battery installed less than 3 months ago.

Car has Momo Steering wheel. I can swap for a OEM US Spec Corrado wheel if you'd like.
Car has Passat B3 Glass Sunroof/Moonroof installed.
Car has 17" Voxx Black Rims on the car with good rubber on each tire. (I forget what brand the tires are)
Brake calipers have been painted red. oooooh aaaaah. :laugh:

Prior owner claimed the motor was rebuilt approx 20k ago, but had no paperwork to go along with it. However the block has been painted. Since you cant do that with it in the car and no one would pull a whole motor just to paint it i'm inclined to believe him on that. Also the car pulls way harder than my G60 which only has 70K on it. He also said he put a different cam in it... but I havent pulled the timing cover to check that. All in all I cant say 100% that the motor has been rebuilt, but I am highly inclined to agree.

Car has no radio in it, but a JVC CD head unit will be included. It also has a Daft Punk Cd in it you can keep. :p

Bad-
-Needs a new Brake Master Cyl. (this will be included with the car) E Brake needs to be adjusted.
-Headlight switch/wiring is wonky. None of the headlights work. Only DTRLs in the bright position. I havent bothered with it since I dont drive the car at night. Car does not have Euro Wiring harness and I havent bothered to make one for it. Thats the reason the lights dont work. Plug in a new harness and voila... lights. :)
-Odo doesnt work right. I have another one you can slap in there (and its only got 28K miles on it. lol)
-2nd Gear Syncro grinds occasionally but may because clutch cable could def use a tighten up.
-Wipers are good... but occasionaly decide to go on a vacation to Maui. I havent bothered to track down the issues.
-Pulled the car out and drove it as it had been sitting a while... she's only firing on 3 cyl right now. Compression test is good... so it probably needs new dist cap and rotor... or maybe plugs. If I get time I'll diagnose more.
-Car has a aftermarket A-Pillar gauge cluster. (Im sorry as far as im concerned thats bad, lol)
-Window Regulators need to be replaced, as the windows droop down. Replacement Regulators for the Drivers and Passanger Side included with car.

There are other minor things with it... but thats status quo for Corrados.

The Car runs! However has no valid tags on it at the current time. Car is located in MD, however I will be willing to deliver it anywhere on the East Coast Maine to FL as long as you cover my gas/tolls for the trip. I'll go as far west as say Ohio/Kentucky area.

Asking 4.5K with everything listed. Car, All the Euro parts, complete spring package (giving you 2 sets of lowering springs).

PM if there are specific pics you would like.

Click pics for larger size:

See less See more
#3 ·
sadly ive run into some financial troubles so i really need to sell this instead of a trade. I love your rocco though. Makes me miss the 3 i had before. If things do turn around for me financially... ill check with you to see if you still have the car. :) :beer:

#12 ·
Damn, I LOVE the color!

It looks close to Helios blue, but not exactly...?

What suspension is on it, and how's the condition?

Non-functioning headlights would probably fail NJ inspection, can you say why it needs a new harness? Did they ever work as-is?

Is it driveable with the bad master cylinder?

How's the chassis? Any rust, rot, or significant dents?

#13 ·
I'll get you the exact paint code this weekend.
The suspension right now is... well i dont know what the actual gas shocks are. But its running Neuspeed sport and race springs. Staggered for a more aggressive rake. If you buy the car you'll get the full set of race and sport springs, so you can set the car up however you want.
I tagged the car 'Historic' in Maryland so I dont have to bother with Inspection. I dont know if NJ has something similar. Right now all the car has is Day Time Running Lights and Brights (when you hold the stalk on). The harness will fix this problem... or you can figure out the wiring and build one yourself, the plans are on vortex.
The car is drivable with the master cyl. You just need to remember that the brakes are not 100% and drive like a maniac. Drive like an old lady and you'll be fine. lol As posted in the original post, a replacement Master cyl will come with the car.
The chassis is good, I'll snap some pics of the undercarrage this weekend and post. I dont recall any thing body wise other than minor dings. When Im taking more pics I'll take pics of whatever things I see. there are no major dents and i dont recall anything that stands out when you look at the car. But again I'll go over it more again this weekend.

#20 ·
g60

funny, i had the same color rado. it got hit on my third payment.. was hit totaled.
bought an mk2 gti and swapped the g60 out of it in 93. man i gotta find a pic.

motor? charger? dosnt really run? will MVA tag it? title clean? sounds like sum serious gremlins too.. im in Bmore.. jus shoppin around. miss my mk2.

#21 ·
funny, i had the same color rado. it got hit on my third payment.. was hit totaled.
bought an mk2 gti and swapped the g60 out of it in 93. man i gotta find a pic.

motor? charger? dosnt really run? will MVA tag it? title clean? sounds like sum serious gremlins too.. im in Bmore.. jus shoppin around. miss my mk2.
pm sent

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.