Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why am i hearing steely dan & beach boys at 8am!!!!

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit Gti, 90 jetta coupe
      07-09-2011 08:04 AM #1
      wtf!!!! what happened to the rules.. lmfao

pleaAase stop.. pleaaaase stop!
      COOLWATER VW CLUB @Coolwatervw
      @A2jettafreak Say hello
      Mk2 GTI PART OUT. -----> http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...lla-tails-Mint!

2. Member
      Vehicles
      Doris 04 tdi, boris 79, wascal e. wabbit 84, beatrice 90, racecar 80, 84GTIx3. creme dream 81
      07-10-2011 10:00 PM #2
      must have been a ghost.
      Quote Originally Posted by Deutschbag
      .....remind me not to IM anyone about anything important past 8pm on a Friday night.

M.C.M.S. #1
      Dead Rabbit Society: cultured 'n isht.

Vehicles
      07-10-2011 10:15 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by tSoG-84bit View Post
      must have been a ghost.
      close.." ghost driving " a vanagon maybe.
      @A2jettafreak Say hello

4. Member
      Vehicles
      Doris 04 tdi, boris 79, wascal e. wabbit 84, beatrice 90, racecar 80, 84GTIx3. creme dream 81
      07-10-2011 10:35 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by A2jettafreak View Post
      just a thought: if you start partying early, and quit/passout before it get's late, you can start over again when the alarm clock goes off. last year, the folks that woke up early got soggy sammiches, this year it was jus random people including a man who was at some point taped to a chair, the proof of which was the big wad of painters tape on his leg while he mawed down a soggy sammich.

I'm kind of a party pooper, I'd rather crash at 10, and start drinkin at 6 with breakfast booze, than start at 10ish and drink til 2am. ****s my schedule up. I very nearly drove around hollering "free sammiches!!!" this morning, but I didn't even make it 1/4 the way around the loop before I found donors.

I didn't hear the whole story about steely dan, because most folk were too drunk to explain it in detail, but I saw the riding... might be worse than hotlaps.

seriously though, did anyone see the irony of using a vanagon as a support vehicle?
      .....remind me not to IM anyone about anything important past 8pm on a Friday night.

M.C.M.S. #1

Vehicles
      1991 Gli
      07-10-2011 11:01 PM #5
      seriously though, did anyone see the irony of using a vanagon as a support vehicle?
      My friends and I kept joking that we could trust his mechanical, or technical , skill just based on the fact that he's driving a Vanagon everywhere.
      Quote Originally Posted by greenraVR6 View Post
      Poke and no low = no bueno fo sho

07-11-2011 09:38 AM #6
      I'll address many things later this week but I mainly go by the Campground managers rules which have a noise ordinance at 11pm but no morning one. I know it gets on peoples nerves at 7am but to be honest I can't be the whole campgrounds mother. I do my best though, just don't ask me to breast feed
      Scuba If I got in a cab and Esher was driving, I'd get right out. Then I'd ponder how drunk I was that I entered the rear of a 2dr rabbit and thought it was a cab.

Mk1Madness, The show that has potential but the organizer sucks!

Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      07-11-2011 10:14 AM #7
      But aren't your teets filled with malt liquor?

Vehicles
      08 jetta , 84 rabbit convertable , 98 golf , 13 Jetta tdi
      07-11-2011 10:50 AM #8
      I got video of him climbing out and standing on the roof while the van was moving on my iphone. Anyone that can help me load this up on youtube orhere let me know.

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      84 jetta 84 rabbit
      07-11-2011 07:19 PM #9
      gee, i took a look today and found this. so instead of walking the hundred yards and mentioning your disapproval, you post something on the vortex. i am not the unapproachable, nor unreasonable sort, the brit and i were jamming out with kegs and eggs, an approach to life that at least one other person here can appreciate. ahhh, but that was not the end of it was it? it took twelve (!) hours for a confrontation to arise in the form of a log being thrown in front of my moving vehicle. that got my attention! and when addressed, now i did not take this very well and the words that come out of my mouth were less than nice, the response i got was turn your music off and go home. at that point some other choice language was uttered, and a log, or a shoe, i still am not sure which, was hurtled into the side of my van, denting it and damaging the vinyl. thanks. this from someone who obviously has NO IDEA what it is to spend hundreds of hours to fix uo a work van for yourself and be self employed. it is downright pathetic behavior to damage someone elses property because you cannot appreciate "good vibrations" yes i am out there. yes i ghostride everything i own. do i offend? gee i guess i should check the vortex while camping so i can find out.
      this combined with the actions of another individual blindside tackling me, (twice!!) while i am tripping in a bearsuit, (my sprained ankle still hurts and really hinders my on-site automotive repair) only reveals to me that yet another cool scene that i have participated in since the beginning, has gone to the dogs.
      so fret not a2jettafreak, without a doubt you and the others like yourself deserve my gratitude, you have freed up a weekend for me next year.

07-11-2011 07:43 PM #10
      As far as the music, that's your thing and it really didn't bother me. What did bother me was the camp manager emailing me today about the tire tracks in your area from doughnuts which I saw with my own eyes being done in the van as well as a rabbit. The ghostriding years past was somewhat ok as there weren't as many campers before but this year it was a seriously bad idea as the campground was packed almost full.
      Scuba If I got in a cab and Esher was driving, I'd get right out. Then I'd ponder how drunk I was that I entered the rear of a 2dr rabbit and thought it was a cab.

07-11-2011 07:44 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      But aren't your teets filled with malt liquor?
      Gin

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      84 jetta 84 rabbit
      07-11-2011 07:50 PM #12
      dude, my sincerest apologies for that, as long as you know it was not all me. i got up saturday morning and felt terrible for that, and told everyone around i regretted it. please accept my apology for any and all heat you got over that, and i will not stoop to blame the tanqueray.

13. 07-11-2011 07:50 PM #13
      I do believe you were asked on multiple occasions to TURN DOWN not shut off the music. As for the blind side tackle. I am sorry about your ankle but if you make yourself a target you shall be a target. I do hope that you reconsider your feelings on the show and attending. I may suggest downgrading the psychedelic intake to a level where you may understand what people are asking you to do.

07-11-2011 07:58 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by mk1madman View Post
      dude, my sincerest apologies for that, as long as you know it was not all me. i got up saturday morning and felt terrible for that, and told everyone around i regretted it. please accept my apology for any and all heat you got over that, and i will not stoop to blame the tanqueray.

I know, there were a few people tearing up the grass. This is why now even slow laps are done. I will be enlisting my rules on top of the camp rules to try and keep people safe, the campground nice and a small assemblance of sanity.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      07-11-2011 09:50 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness View Post
      I know, there were a few people tearing up the grass. This is why now even slow laps are done. I will be enlisting my rules on top of the camp rules to try and keep people safe, the campground nice and a small assemblance of sanity.
      I'd rather have mk1madness than party laps, but it still makes me sad. I'm jus glad I got to make one loop in the trunk of a jetta coupe before it got ended forever.

M.C.M.S. #1

07-11-2011 09:53 PM #16
      Problem is you give an inch and they take a mile. The laps were slow then there were a few instances of rocks being spit, e brakes being pulled and the doughnuts in the prairie

Vehicles
      83 GTI, 03 GOLF
      07-11-2011 09:59 PM #17
      Blasting music while people are sleeping is just rude... its one thing to just turn on the good vibes and have your self a listen, but did you think at any point to yourself "I wonder if everyone else is enjoying this as much as I am"

Brings up the question; were you after attention or a good time?

I have no hard feelings personally, but I would of like to sleep passed 7am!
      Quote Originally Posted by g60vw View Post
      If I thought like that I would have gotten out of mk1's back when they were still A1's
      Quote Originally Posted by goosler View Post
      screw all of you & your stupid cars.........see you at madness!
      I'm a 1%er

18. Member
      Vehicles
      07-11-2011 10:32 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by -teknien- View Post
      Blasting music while people are sleeping is just rude... its one thing to just turn on the good vibes and have your self a listen, but did you think at any point to yourself "I wonder if everyone else is enjoying this as much as I am"

Brings up the question; were you after attention or a good time?

I have no hard feelings personally, but I would of like to sleep passed 7am!
      I agree, but on the same side, would it be fair for me to go around screaming at everyone having (loud) fun after 11pm cuz it's past my bedtime? I agree that it's difficult to deal with, and definitely don't intend on people seeing me as "that *******" more than normal.

I'm not saying it was right but this is something I deal with on a smaller scale at our hunting camp. kitchen/card table is directly below the community/loft bedroom with a pile of single beds crammed together for maximum, but individual sleeping space. you piss off the guy going to bed at midnight, by staying up til 4am smoking cigars, blasting music, and cursing like a sailor while ya play cards and catch up w/ family you ain't seen all year, and expect to be woke up at 530 to "accidental" noise while he gets up and gets ready to go hunting, and he'll probably wake your ass up to come too. his logic: don't be a *****, go hunting. it's not drinking camp... is it?

just to give a different perspective. definitely not taking sides on the matter, because I wasn't there at the time.

Problem is you give an inch and they take a mile. The laps were slow then there were a few instances of rocks being spit, e brakes being pulled and the doughnuts in the prairie
      I'm no tattle tail, so I won't point fingers, but you're right, there was more hoonin than your rules allowed, although what bothered me was the numerous laps that were committed LONG after I personally heard the "no more party laps" rule being stated by the boss, and they were by one of the hooners no less.

I also realize how easy it is to get carried away with a little encouragement. I've got a 10 foot circle of char/death in my front yard from the bonfire that "wasn't quite big enough yet" along with numerous craters and melty buckets from "experiments" with flammables/combustibles. We also lit my house on fire, because I saw a bee.

I support your decision, and ruling, even though I don't like it. I'd rather walk around the loop than not have a show at all.

M.C.M.S. #1

07-11-2011 11:28 PM #19
      The slow laps became pile ons. My worry is someone falling off and getting something run over, then there is definitely no more Madness and probably a lawsuit as well. Don't really need more court rooms if you know what I'm saying.

20. Geriatric Member JUS_GT_EYEZ's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Green MK1, Red Mk2,Yellow Mk4,Grey Wagon
      07-12-2011 09:03 AM #20
      I'll address many things later this week but I mainly go by the Campground managers rules which have a noise ordinance at 11pm but no morning one. I know it gets on peoples nerves at 7am but to be honest I can't be the whole campgrounds mother.
      Nor should you have to. You guys did a great job at keeping things relatively sane while letting people have fun.

I think folks as a whole also did a decent job of self policing. Cars were going a bit too fast on the main road for a while kicking up rocks and stuff so we put up a small sign with a drunk jedi and folks complied with a smile.

Nothing wrong with having fun but if folks need to be conscious that if their enjoyment is cutting in on the enjoyment of others its not fun for all.

I guess the rules are needed, but wish more folks would just have a little respect for their neighbors and learn to communicate so the staff does not have to baby sit the whole time.

For the record, i like the beach boys, but no reason i should here it full blast way accross the campsite especially at the crack of dawn.
      "Its cool to spool, but I'd rather be blown.." - JUS_GT_EYEZ

My FLickr <-- DUKEDLF
      Digital.Life.Form

07-12-2011 09:07 AM #21
      I love the Beach Boys but I agree Ivan

Vehicles
      '79 Rabbit, '04 Jetta, '10 S4, '13 Q7
      07-12-2011 10:37 AM #22
      my crew and I had a great time this year. We were at the top part of the field where the van surfing took place (we had root beer rabbit, mars red cabby, surf green mk4)...needless to say entertainment was not lacking Sat aft.

So yeah there was some craziness, but nothing like last year that's for sure. And i definitely can say everyone entering into the field by our site took it nice and easy.

As for any late or early noise , we were up like 6:30 on Sun and it was pretty quiet then...just what sounded like a train or trolley whistle every so often and the RV's generator.

Absolutely no doubt on going for a 3rd year.

Vehicles
      84 GTI
      07-12-2011 10:53 AM #23
      Communication is key. I didn't find out my high beams were bothering people until saturday afternoon. Instead of asking me to dim them they sat in the road. I'm not at all an unreasonable person, I would have dimmed them if they asked.
      Quote Originally Posted by maushaus View Post
      Soft Volkswagan lips.
      Volkswagen Rabbit with the top down
      Sittin' on BBS's, how that sound?
      -Rehab

Vehicles
      1970 fancypants benz, 2011 WRX
      07-12-2011 11:53 AM #24
      Example of being nicely subtle. Just enough information so that those who are aware will infer what the meaning of the statement.

must have been a ghost.
      Example of not having enough sense to know how to be subtle:

I personally liked the music in the morning.

Vehicles
      07-12-2011 02:44 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      Example of being nicely subtle. Just enough information so that those who are aware will infer what the meaning of the statement.

Example of not having enough sense to know how to be subtle:

I personally liked the music in the morning.
      didnt realize i had to be like everyone else raf!

as for the why.. the how.. etc. i can be sure i wasnt the only one in that group who did have an issue or bothered by noise. at 3am it was mildly amusing cuz alot of us were drunk so the idea of walking up to ramdom people... who just set up camp blaring "supertramp" louuud as hell.. just didnt seem right.

then at 8am ehh just as bad of an idea. Respecting others im simple enough. As for why i posted on here, why not.. not like i could ACTUALLY sleep. so vortex became a good option while at a campground.

Esher and management do a great job... loud music no matter if i like or not. not worth ruining a great time.
      @A2jettafreak Say hello

Vehicles
      1970 fancypants benz, 2011 WRX
      07-12-2011 02:49 PM #26
      didnt realize i had to be like everyone else raf!

27. Member
      Vehicles
      07-12-2011 05:59 PM #27
      I HAS A IDEAR(!!!)

ORGANIZED, AND/OR SANCTIONED DUELS! big inflatable boxing gloves are ductaped to your hands, and you're put in time out until you settle the dispute, and apologize/hug each other. if you pop or otherwise remove your gloves before you hug your opponent, you're gone.

additionally, people caught hot lapping, or tearing donuts, should not be kicked out, or yelled at. simply give them the option of wearing assless chaps and a posterboard sign saying "who wants a hotlap now?" while walking around the loop apologizing, or packing up their **** and leaving.

additional punishments can include other forms of humorous costumes, and/or writing "i will not be a douchebag" 100 times on their body in sharpie, or on their car in painters tape.

M.C.M.S. #1

28. 07-12-2011 06:46 PM #28
      I HAS A IDEAR(!!!)

ORGANIZED, AND/OR SANCTIONED DUELS! big inflatable boxing gloves are ductaped to your hands, and you're put in time out until you settle the dispute, and apologize/hug each other. if you pop or otherwise remove your gloves before you hug your opponent, you're gone.

additionally, people caught hot lapping, or tearing donuts, should not be kicked out, or yelled at. simply give them the option of wearing assless chaps and a posterboard sign saying "who wants a hotlap now?" while walking around the loop apologizing, or packing up their **** and leaving.

additional punishments can include other forms of humorous costumes, and/or writing "i will not be a douchebag" 100 times on their body in sharpie, or on their car in painters tape.
      Unfortunately none of this sounds like a punishment.

07-12-2011 06:52 PM #29
      I for one cannot with a clear conscience kick someone out as pretty much when people do something that deserves it they're drunk. Driving public roads at higher speeds whilst drunk.

30. Member
      Vehicles
      07-12-2011 08:07 PM #30
      I for one cannot with a clear conscience kick someone out as pretty much when people do something that deserves it they're drunk. Driving public roads at higher speeds whilst drunk.
      that I can agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by DubGray1.8T View Post
      Unfortunately none of this sounds like a punishment.
      no, but it'd turn a potentially bad situation into something fun for everyone

M.C.M.S. #1

31. 07-22-2011 10:13 AM #31
      without a doubt you and the others like yourself deserve my gratitude, you have freed up a weekend for me next year.
      I wouldn't exactly go around playing the victim here. You reap what you sow.

do i agree with someone kicking your van (and yes, that's what happened you could see that whole incident from our campsite)...NO not at all that was taking it too far

on the flip side, do i appreciate you kicking gravel all over my campsite, and my friend's cars that was parked on the side of the road...NOT in the least.

you seem to be the only person that had incidents happen to you on several occasions, I'm sure it's no coincidence that it was you that was acting like a moron, and damaging property for most of the weekend.
      TDI | GTI | FLHXI | PVW 02/09

Vehicles
      MK1 Cabby, MK5 Rabbit
      07-22-2011 10:35 AM #32
      you have freed up a weekend for me next year.
      good. do us all a favor and stay home. You kicked gravel all over my car doing a burnout in front of my campsite... and I had nothing to do with the conflict in question. between that and all of the other nonesense that involved you I think we'd all be better off
      NEK

Vehicles
      83 GTI, 03 GOLF
      07-31-2011 08:50 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by RydnShotgun View Post
      good. do us all a favor and stay home.
      If I thought like that I would have gotten out of mk1's back when they were still A1's
      I'm a 1%er

34. Member
      Vehicles
      07-31-2011 09:51 PM #34
      as the dude who always brings the beatup car/truck he bought the week preceding the show, loaded to the brim wif various mk1 related parts, I would just like to say that I fed ghostrider a cheddarbest sammich, and personally didn't have any problems with him. nor did anyone kick my car, although I did scratch the paint after loading a pile of wood on the hood. I do not agree wif ghostriding the campgrounds, however. that's nearly as stupid as hotlapping wif your lights off, using the stumbling drunks as walking chicanes.

I think there needs to be a "last rule of the rulebook" rule: if you fail to follow, and/or understand any of the rules in the rule book, you are forced to submit to humiliation, and possible pedobear rape scenes while ducktaped to the roof of your car.

I also like the idea of handing them "protest" signs that say "I am a douche nozzle, please don't be like me!!" and sending them on a march around the loop while following them in party lap mode with "safety dance" playing on loop. punishment can be reduced by good behavior, in an attempt to dance/frolic along with the music.

M.C.M.S. #1

Vehicles
      83 GTI, 03 GOLF
      08-01-2011 10:05 AM #35
      Or just tell them to leave!
      I'm a 1%er

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast