Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: 2011-2012 NHL Thread

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      08-03-2011 04:31 PM #71
      If Webber goes, I imagine Sutter will as well when he's a UFA next year.

This is the problem with small market NHL teams...gotta pay to play and they can't afford it.
      vwot.org

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught.
      In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity. - Hunter S Thompson

Vehicles
      2010 Passat Wagoneer
      08-07-2011 12:07 PM #72
      kinda OT... I follow this thread... is there a way to save the shortcut to go to the last thread?

i know there's a few mods on here that might now...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...HL-Thread/page
      :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::
      ::::::: I am not living, I am just killing time. ::::::
      :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::

08-12-2011 01:07 PM #73

I had a good laugh!

Vehicles
      99 A4 Avant, 92 Acura DB1
      08-12-2011 08:11 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

I had a good laugh!
      Then Hammer throws him a hip check
      Or Bieska could do the job too

I like how the media are laughing at his jokes too. What a wonderful idea, who's ever it was, to put our farm team in the same city.

But im ready for hockey to be back, i think 58 days or so until the preseason!
      GO CANUCKS

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      08-15-2011 11:30 AM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by KoolLaid View Post
      But im ready for hockey to be back, i think 58 days or so until the preseason!
      You said it, I am getting my fix by playing twice a week, playing NHL 11 on xbox, and preparing for hockey pools but I need NHL hockey soon!!
      Modify your VW online at Dubmodder

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      08-16-2011 12:33 PM #76
      It appears the Detroit Red Wings are the latest team to take a chance on Fabian Brunnstrom.

According to the Detroit News, the Red Wings signed Brunnstrom to a pro tryout with an invite to training camp next month.
      This guy has to be one of the most overrated prospects in the past few years. I remember when he was a FA and every team was courting him trying to get him to sign with them. He had 17 goals on year for Dallas but I think he lacks the work ethic. Maybe being a sweede, he will learn from Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Zetterberg, Franzen, Ericcson. It's only a tryout anyway.

Vehicles
      Oldsmobile Intrigue
      08-16-2011 04:38 PM #77
      http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/68...ad-home-age-27

COLEMAN, Alberta -- Winnipeg Jets center Rick Rypien was found dead in his home Monday, nine months after he took a leave of absence to deal with an undisclosed personal matter.

An official with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police called Rypien's death sudden, but not suspicious. Rypien, a cousin of Super Bowl MVP quarterback Mark Rypien, was 27.

Rick Rypien, who spent parts of six seasons with the Vancouver Canucks, was found dead at his home Monday at the age of 27.
      "We would like to express our sincere sympathies to the Rypien family as well as Rick's friends," the Jets said in a release. "We also appreciate all of the support that has come pouring in from Rick's fans. Rick was a talented player with an extremely bright future. His hunger for the game made him a valued team member both on and off the ice. This loss has impacted us as more than just a hockey team."

Rypien is the second active NHL player found dead this offseason. Former New York Rangers enforcer Derek Boogaard died in May due to an accidental mix of alcohol and the painkiller oxycodone.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Rypien signed a $700,000, one-year deal with Winnipeg last month after spending parts of six seasons with Vancouver. He had nine goals, seven assists and 226 penalty minutes in 119 career NHL games, often dropping the gloves against much larger opponents.

"Rick has been a beloved member of the Canucks family for the past six years," the team said in a statement. "Rick was a great teammate and friend to our players, coaches and staff. We send our deepest condolences to the Rypien family at this most difficult time."

The Canucks announced on Nov. 25 that they had granted Rypien an indefinite leave of absence. It was the second time in three years the forward had left the team to deal with an undisclosed personal matter. Rypien also received a six-game suspension from the NHL last season after grabbing a fan on his way to the dressing room in Minnesota.

Rypien also took an extended personal leave after a rash of injuries two years ago, missing 70 games during the 2008-09 season.

"All players and NHLPA staff are saddened to learn of Rick's passing," union executive director Don Fehr said in a statement. "He was a respected member of our association and will be greatly missed throughout the hockey community. Our sincere condolences go out to Rick's family, friends and many fans."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
      North American Grand Prix (NAGP) - Sim Racing League
      http://northamericangp.com/index.php...tpage&Itemid=1

Vehicles
      1985 2.3 16v Cosworth • 2009 VW CC • 2002 VW Passat
      08-17-2011 03:11 PM #78
      just what I thought, crosby won't be ready when the season starts... will he ever?

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      08-18-2011 11:53 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by k0nky View Post
      just what I thought, crosby won't be ready when the season starts... will he ever?
      I dunno man. I was asking myself the same question. He is working out but it's with no contact and he hasn't played in any sort of physical game since the beginning of 2011. I think he is in trouble. At one point they will have to clear him to play and give it a shot and see how it goes but damn, that would be a crushing blow to the Pens and the game of hockey if he is forced to call it quits.

That's the problem with concussions, doesn't matter how long you rest up, the symptoms can come back even worse with 1 hit. It's not like a broken arm where if you wait longer, it will heal better and stronger.

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      08-18-2011 12:42 PM #80
      I wouldn't take too much stock in any of the reports just yet. The most important thing is for SC to get his conditioning back up to par, the non-contact part doesn't worry me yet because it's not like he'll even see a real hit until the pre/regular season. I can't imagine anyone on the Pens even giving him a 50% hit in camp.

The Pens are obviously being very cautious with this, but I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't ready to go for Oct 6.
      vwot.org

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught.
      In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity. - Hunter S Thompson

Vehicles
      1996 Saab 9000 CSE
      08-19-2011 11:57 AM #81
      I can't wait for hockey to start. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Sabres' blueline performs with the additions of Ehrhoff and Regehr and the extra year of experience with Myers. It'll also be interesting to see how we get under the cap...

12. Member
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI
      08-19-2011 12:24 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by konkomania View Post
      I can't wait for hockey to start. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Sabres' blueline performs with the additions of Ehrhoff and Regehr and the extra year of experience with Myers. It'll also be interesting to see how we get under the cap...
      You and I both. A lot of teams look really good on paper this year. We will see what happens.
      Revo Stg 2+

08-19-2011 12:39 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by konkomania View Post
      Im in the same boat. Sharks made some interesting moves. Cant wait to see how Burns and Havlat fit in. Colin White Im not too familiar with. Hanzus plays a solid D, slow but solid from what Ive seen.

Since San Jose and Min seem to be trading with each other for the most part I cant wait to see how Heatley and Seto settle in. For some reason I have a feeling they will end up doing really well over there and being a pretty good scoring combo.

Its going to be a good season all around.
      XBL: Skip Fourplay

GO SHARKS!!!

Vehicles
      1996 Saab 9000 CSE
      08-19-2011 12:47 PM #84
      Chris Drury just announced his retirement. I loved him when he played for the Sabres. I'll never forget this goal:

15. 08-31-2011 07:27 PM #85
      What on earth is going on around here?

PREDATORS: FORMER NHLER BELAK FOUND DEAD IN TORONTO

Former NHLer Wade Belak has been found dead in Toronto, according to a Nashville Predators spokesman.

The cause of his death is as of yet undetermined.

Belak played 15 games last season for the Predators, finishing with 18 penalty minutes and a minus-1 rating. He was placed on waivers by the club in February of this year. He retired shortly after clearing waivers unclaimed.

The 35-year-old Belak spent parts of 14 seasons in the NHL with Nashville, Toronto, Florida, Calgary and Colorado. In 549 career games he scored eight goals and added 25 assists, while racking up 1263 penalty minutes.

He was originally drafted by the Quebec Nordiques in the first round, 12th overall, at the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.

I guess there's more:

Former National Hockey League enforcer Wade Belak has reportedly been found dead in a Toronto hotel.

The Toronto Sun reported Wednesday that the 35-year-old, who had retired this past March following a long NHL career, was discovered at the 1 King West hotel and condo complex -- an upscale establishment in Toronto's financial district.

The report said Belak's death was ruled to be an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

Last week, Belak was named as one of the contestants on the CBC's Battle of the Blades, a figure skating reality show.
      Last edited by .je; 08-31-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Vehicles
      1996 Saab 9000 CSE
      09-01-2011 01:33 PM #86
      That's terrible. That's three NHLers this offseason. RIP Belak

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLX Wagon
      09-02-2011 03:08 AM #87
      Listening to NHL Home Ice on Sirius/XM today and they said the police are treating it as a suicide. Damn shame, married with kids as well..
      "You've seen it, you've heard it, and you're still asking questions?!?"

"Yeah, when do we go for a ride!?!?"

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      09-06-2011 01:21 PM #88
      So Crosby is having a press conference tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss something. Maybe his progress on his concussions? I don't think this is good news. You don't call a press conference to say "Everything is perfect and I will be playing"... do you?

19. Member
      Vehicles
      04.5 blue lagoon gli, 1976 bmw 2002
      09-06-2011 04:19 PM #89
      Its just nice to get back out onto the ice. I had shoulder surgery at the end of last season, so early April...finally got back out there about a month ago just in time for refereeing to start...I have had placement and preseason games the last few weekends so I am ready for the season to start!

When I lived up in Burlington I was unlucky enough to have games at Stanstead...god that place was a dump, I guess Pat Burns or something/someone donated enough money to build them a new rink though?
      04.5 GLI- GT28RS, AWIC, DM Rods, koni reds, ECS/Porsche 2v2 BBK, Mocal Oil Cooler, Bosche 550s, Madmax DV, Do Tuning!, Quaife, clutchmasters FX350, Greddy type S EBC

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...28rs-gli-build

Vehicles
      09-06-2011 08:10 PM #90
      RIP Rick one of the better fighters to play for the nucks.

sad to hear about all these players dying man... but on a happier note....

32 days

oh and GO CANUCKS GO!
      GO CANUCKS

09-06-2011 08:20 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by KoolLaid View Post
      RIP Rick one of the better fighters to play for the nucks.

sad to hear about all these players dying man... but on a happier note....

32 days

oh and GO CANUCKS GO!
      Eff that Im counting 6 days until preseason. Sharks are playing winnipeg Mon 12th and Nucks on the 14th. Cant come soon enough.
      XBL: Skip Fourplay

GO SHARKS!!!

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLX Wagon
      09-06-2011 10:37 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Yzerman View Post
      So Crosby is having a press conference tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss something. Maybe his progress on his concussions? I don't think this is good news. You don't call a press conference to say "Everything is perfect and I will be playing"... do you?
      Hopefully he won't be taking the same route that Savard did. As much as I hate other players on the Penguins, who will go unmentioned, I wouldn't want to see anything happen to Sid.
      "You've seen it, you've heard it, and you're still asking questions?!?"

"Yeah, when do we go for a ride!?!?"

Vehicles
      2011 TRD Tacoma. Fake GLI. MK2 Unicorn
      09-06-2011 10:50 PM #93
      woah, forgot about this thread.

i really hope there is some good news with sid, but i wouldnt be surprised if they came out and said the same thing thing they did with marc savard
      Crooked Euros - Powered by Pabst and whiskey

FS - 15" BBS Motorsports parts -Message me or search my FS threads

We Do It Big In PA

24. 09-07-2011 10:27 AM #94
      Holy ****
      Reports: Plane crash in Russia involves KHL team

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=587792
      --
      2007 – FF, 5 cyl, 20V NA Silver – The Tractor
      1986 – MR, 4 cyl, 20V ITB Red – The Weed Whacker

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      09-07-2011 10:55 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by spoonie View Post
      Holy ****

OMG, anyone we heard of play for that team??

26. 09-07-2011 10:57 AM #96
      Pavol Demitra, Ruslan Salei and Karlis Skrastins.
      --
      2007 – FF, 5 cyl, 20V NA Silver – The Tractor
      1986 – MR, 4 cyl, 20V ITB Red – The Weed Whacker

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      09-07-2011 11:02 AM #97
      Pavol Demitra, Ruslan Salei and Karlis Skrastins.
      Holy ****....

Can they confirm they were on board the plane? I assume they were but maybe it was pre-season and they didn't make the trip?

28. Member
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI
      09-07-2011 11:09 AM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by Yzerman View Post
      Holy ****....

Can they confirm they were on board the plane? I assume they were but maybe it was pre-season and they didn't make the trip?
      I was reading on the Russian websites Demitra, Salei, Skrastins were all on board. So was a former Devil Alexander Vasyunov. Man this is some sad stuff.
      Revo Stg 2+

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      09-07-2011 11:11 AM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by skevo View Post
      I was reading on the Russian websites Demitra, Sulei, Skrastins were all on board. So was a former Devil Alexander Vasyunov. Man this is some sad stuff.
      OMG Brad McCrimmon was on board!!!! NO...

Vehicles
      1985 2.3 16v Cosworth • 2009 VW CC • 2002 VW Passat
      09-07-2011 11:15 AM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by steveo27 View Post
      woah, forgot about this thread.

i really hope there is some good news with sid, but i wouldnt be surprised if they came out and said the same thing thing they did with marc savard

12:30 press conference today.

Vehicles
      1996 Saab 9000 CSE
      09-07-2011 11:17 AM #101
      Holy ****

So sad. RIP

Vehicles
      09-07-2011 11:57 AM #102
      wow, the news keeps getting worse and worse eh?

RIP to more great hockey players that have left us this off season

Msn has a picture of the wreck... Oh my...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44422789...d_news-europe/
      GO CANUCKS

Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fusion w/ 3 pedals, 2014 Ford Escape
      09-07-2011 01:43 PM #103
      Just saw something come across my Twitter feed that said Salei wasn't on the flight... he was already in Minsk.
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV1
      Scene points are kind of like bitcoins... They really carry no value outside of the internet.

34. 09-07-2011 01:58 PM #104
      Oh man, I think Salei just had a child during this last season.

Dang just had a baby in March. I remember him getting time off to be there last season.

Congratulations to Ruslan Salei and his wife, Bethann, who on Wednesday, gave birth to the couple’s third child.

Ava Ruslanovna Salei entered the world late Wednesday evening in California. She measured in at 7.98 pounds and 18.5 inches long. Ava is the couple’s third child, joining older sister Alexis, 5, and brother Aleksandro, 3.
      Last edited by lostmypassword; 09-07-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      09-07-2011 02:16 PM #105
      Just watched the Crosby conference. They didn't say too much and really tried to avoid saying anything about when or even IF he will be back this year. If you read between the lines you can tell he won't be back any time soon. They kept saying how well he is doing but then would say how far he is from physical play so I wouldn't expect to see him back before the end of this calendar year.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast