Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Pad....is this right?

Vehicles
      2015 GTI SE,2008 3.2 TT(sold) ,1992 16V GTI(sold),2010 A3 TDI(sold)
      03-06-2012 08:15 PM #326
      Got your p.m. Thanks for the quick reply.I will let you know when I get the info tommorrow

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-06-2012 08:18 PM #327
      Quote Originally Posted by JRockFTW View Post
      What I don't appreciate is being given the run around, if the product hasn't shipped yet just say so.
      Not sure if you are using the correct choice of words but you were not given any run around so please do not play it off like you were. You were told you would receive an email shortly. Everyone in here has been extremely patient and understanding with respect to tracking and delivery times. We didn't recieve payment directly for the first 50 units so we are doing the best we can to fulfill those orders.

As it is right now ....we have a request for an additional 30 units and we can not even start on those until all of you are taken care of.
      If you have anymore questions do not hesitate to contact us.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

3. 03-06-2012 08:32 PM #328
      Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
      Not sure if you are using the correct choice of words but you were not given any run around so please do not play it off like you were. You were told you would receive an email shortly. Everyone in here has been extremely patient and understanding with respect to tracking and delivery times. We didn't recieve payment directly for the first 50 units so we are doing the best we can to fulfill those orders.
      I believe the disconnect is that a post was made on the 22nd that all of the pucks would commence shipping on that day and two weeks later it's not clear how many or which orders have actually shipped. I think it's the two week lag that's making folks a bit antsy.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-06-2012 09:04 PM #329
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      I believe the disconnect is that a post was made on the 22nd that all of the pucks would commence shipping on that day and two weeks later it's not clear how many or which orders have actually shipped. I think it's the two week lag that's making folks a bit antsy.
      Understandable.
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook
      INA Billet | Mahle Powerpak | DM Forged | Ferrea | Supertech | ARP | South Bend | HTA/GTX/EFR Turbochargers | Mocal Oil control | DBW Throttle Body Upgrades | 0A6box

Vehicles
      2015 GTI SE,2008 3.2 TT(sold) ,1992 16V GTI(sold),2010 A3 TDI(sold)
      03-07-2012 07:23 PM #330
      tracking number rec'd

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT Base Model
      03-07-2012 07:31 PM #331
      Me too!
      2012 TT, Brilliant Black, Black Alcantera, Heated Seats, Mag Ride, custom JL Audio system with a Pioneer AVIC Z140BH h/u, and a really big go button under my right foot.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi A4
      03-07-2012 08:10 PM #332
      Got mine

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      03-08-2012 01:27 AM #333
      Mine arrived yesterday. They look fine (they don't match the CAD exactly, but are probably close enough). I'll try to jack the car up with one tomorrow.

9. Member
      03-08-2012 03:39 AM #334
      Still waiting on mine. Haven't received a tracking #, either. Nor any notification from my freight forwarder. Interesting...

I want to put on my summer wheels before I drive down to the Geneva Auto Show next weekend, so I guess I'll just have to rig something up with a hockey puck and a socket instead.

- Jeremy -

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991/2011 MINI S
      03-08-2012 08:50 AM #335
      Still waiting on an email...or response to the PM I sent three days ago.
      Houston, TX
      2012 Porsche Carrera 991

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-08-2012 10:13 AM #336
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      Mine arrived yesterday. They look fine (they don't match the CAD exactly, but are probably close enough). I'll try to jack the car up with one tomorrow.
      Can you be specific as to what you mean by they do not match the CAD exactly? Do you mean the jpeg file we showed earlier?
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

12. 03-08-2012 08:39 PM #337
      Do you have any jack pads remaining for sale?

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-08-2012 09:12 PM #338
      Quote Originally Posted by FirstAudiTTS View Post
      Do you have any jack pads remaining for sale?
      50 additional units are in que to be machined now.
      Jump on the list if you wish.

INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 TTS Coupe
      03-08-2012 09:41 PM #339
      Quote Originally Posted by - Jeremy - View Post
      I want to put on my summer wheels before I drive down to the Geneva Auto Show next weekend, so I guess I'll just have to rig something up with a hockey puck and a socket instead.
      Just jack it up normally at the flat areas further under the car (behind front, in front of rear).. same as the workshop does when they have your car. No need for MacGuyver tricks.
      08.2009 TTS 2.0 TFSI Coupe / RED / S Tronic / LED Internal Lighting / iPod Control / etc
      Audi Forums - Australia

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      03-08-2012 10:18 PM #340
      Can you be specific as to what you mean by they do not match the CAD exactly? Do you mean the jpeg file we showed earlier?
      My bad; the jack pad matches the jpeg file you posted earlier, but not the original SketchUp CAD file. The top of the "post" was a semi-circle in the CAD, but has a small 1-2mm flat at the top of your jpeg. I doubt it'll cause any issues.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      03-08-2012 11:25 PM #341
      50 additional units are in que to be machined now.
      Jump on the list if you wish.

Just FYI, you may want to reduce the width of the "post" from 70mm down to maybe 68mm for future production runs just to make it easier to insert in to the slot under the car.

At 70mm, it's hard to actually fit it in the groove. Luckily the groove is some sort of hard plastic-like material, so if you line it up straight and push hard enough, it will eventually pop in. It's a tight enough fit that if I let go of the jack pad, the jack pad will actually stay in the slot and not fall out under its own weight.

I may file down the edges a bit just to help it pop in a little easier.

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-09-2012 12:15 AM #342
      Just FYI, you may want to reduce the width of the "post" from 70mm down to maybe 68mm for future production runs just to make it easier to insert in to the slot under the car.

At 70mm, it's hard to actually fit it in the groove. Luckily the groove is some sort of hard plastic-like material, so if you line it up straight and push hard enough, it will eventually pop in. It's a tight enough fit that if I let go of the jack pad, the jack pad will actually stay in the slot and not fall out under its own weight.

Isn't that what people want though? For the Jack puck to be secure onto the puck slot? I doubt 2mm will make a difference but if they have not started cutting ill make the modification.
      we drew these using Steve's car as a reference....not using someone elses drawing (still have not seen the file).
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

18. Member
      03-09-2012 01:07 AM #343

Actually, I'm pretty excited that it fits like that. It will make using a lift so much easier. I was worried that it wouldn't stick into the grooves and that I was going to have to use tape or something to coordinate a 4-point lift.

- Jeremy -

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      03-09-2012 02:02 AM #344
      Isn't that what people want though? For the Jack puck to be secure onto the puck slot? I doubt 2mm will make a difference but if they have not started cutting ill make the modification.
      we drew these using Steve's car as a reference....not using someone elses drawing (still have not seen the file).
      I can fit them in to the slots on my car after a few tries, but I'd be more concerned about the tolerance of the slot across a larger quantity of cars (and tolerance of the jack machining) making it so some don't actually fit.

Cutting out a millimeter or two would just help ensure that they'll always fit.

Though it sounds like some folks like the tight fit...

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT Base Model
      03-09-2012 07:19 AM #345
      The original file created using Google Sketchup was designed to have a fairly loose fit. It was both shorter in length and smaller radius on the top than what the pocket of my own car measured.

A tighter fit will work just fine. If it requires a bit of pressure to pop the jack pad in, then it's even better in my opinion.
      2012 TT, Brilliant Black, Black Alcantera, Heated Seats, Mag Ride, custom JL Audio system with a Pioneer AVIC Z140BH h/u, and a really big go button under my right foot.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      03-09-2012 12:59 PM #346
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreGooderTT View Post
      The original file created using Google Sketchup was designed to have a fairly loose fit. It was both shorter in length and smaller radius on the top than what the pocket of my own car measured.

A tighter fit will work just fine. If it requires a bit of pressure to pop the jack pad in, then it's even better in my opinion.
      I'm more worried about put popping it in at the bottom of the slot where the force can bend open the slot slightly, but it getting jammed / stuck once I actually jack the car up with it. I'll try jacking the car up tonight.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      '00 TTQC 180 Mk 1, '10 TTSC
      03-09-2012 01:09 PM #347
      Quote Originally Posted by - Jeremy - View Post
      ...I'm pretty excited that it fits like that. It will make using a lift so much easier...
      +1
      Code:
      Past:                                     Present:
      '00 TTQC 180 Black (Mk-I - the real Mk-I) '00 TTQC 180 Amulet Red (Mk-I - the real Mk-I)
      '01 TTQC 225 Black (w/MK-I control arms)  '10 TTSC Solar Orange
                                                '12 TTRS Panther Black Crystal

Vehicles
      Too many to list
      03-09-2012 06:33 PM #348
      I'm more worried about put popping it in at the bottom of the slot where the force can bend open the slot slightly, but it getting jammed / stuck once I actually jack the car up with it. I'll try jacking the car up tonight.
      One of the guys sent me an email that should calm your fears. Looks like someone beat you to the spring tire change rush. It comes out after being jacked up
      INA Engineering Inc.
      Email | Facebook

24. 03-09-2012 08:18 PM #349
      Got tracking info today, should be here in time for my next project. thanks!

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      03-09-2012 09:38 PM #350
      One of the guys sent me an email that should calm your fears. Looks like someone beat you to the spring tire change rush. It comes out after being jacked up
      Bonus!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast