Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenville chitty chatty thread

Vehicles
      68 Squareback -APR Stg 2 03 GTI - APR Stg 1 13 Tiguan SEL
      10-07-2011 01:20 PM #76
      Hey guys im sellin a bunch of stuff check my sig!

Feel free to bump it to.
      Instagram: @NINEFOOTERS

Vehicles
      10-09-2011 09:05 AM #77
      hey guys me and a buddy of mine are hitting the icar show today if anyone else wants to ride along. Hit my cell, 864-607-66nine6. Hope to see some of you. We are leaving out around 12pm.

Vehicles
      10-13-2011 08:40 AM #78
      eurofest this weekend anyone?

Vehicles
      04 jetta gls 1.8t gt2871r etc etc
      10-13-2011 09:26 AM #79
      i will be there not showing the car but checking out rides...on a good note i installled the vf mounts in the jetta major difference . gonna hang with some friends there

Vehicles
      10-13-2011 09:35 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by rebjetta View Post
      i will be there not showing the car but checking out rides...on a good note i installled the vf mounts in the jetta major difference . gonna hang with some friends there
      I need new mounts soon. I wont be showing anything either, just to check rides out. When you leavin out? Maybe we could meet up and ride in together.

Vehicles
      96 Cabby, 65 type 1, 03 B5.5 wagon, 92 Jetta
      10-13-2011 12:06 PM #81
      Justin, that was me that beeped at you at 11 while you were getting gas, I was driving a tan camry.

Vehicles
      10-13-2011 12:30 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by dubluv2003 View Post
      I need new mounts soon. I wont be showing anything either, just to check rides out. When you leavin out? Maybe we could meet up and ride in together.
      gotta change out my turbos uppipe gonna try and have it done by 9am saturday morning i will leave after that from easley...

Vehicles
      10-13-2011 12:32 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by 86vwgti8v View Post
      Justin, that was me that beeped at you at 11 while you were getting gas, I was driving a tan camry.
      I figured that out after you passed.. at first i was like wtf?.. then, oh that was Sam!

Vehicles
      10-13-2011 12:33 PM #84
      gotta change out my turbos uppipe gonna try and have it done by 9am saturday morning i will leave after that from easley...
      word. i got your number still, ill shoot you a txt sometime saturday in the a.m.

Vehicles
      96 Cabby, 65 type 1, 03 B5.5 wagon, 92 Jetta
      10-13-2011 12:44 PM #85
      I figured that out after you passed.. at first i was like wtf?.. then, oh that was Sam!
      I would have stopped and said wut up but 30 minute lunch breaks ain't good for bromancin.

Vehicles
      10-13-2011 12:50 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by 86vwgti8v View Post
      I would have stopped and said wut up but 30 minute lunch breaks ain't good for bromancin.
      I know your pain. If i dont get my food in on my break im ill all day long.

Vehicles
      10-27-2011 10:35 AM #87
      This weekend, grill and chill at my place. On saturday. everyone is welcome to hang out. Let me know if you wanna chill, txt me @ 864.607.66nine6.

Vehicles
      10-27-2011 12:09 PM #88
      This weekend, grill and chill at my place. On saturday. everyone is welcome to hang out. Let me know if you wanna chill, txt me @ 864.607.66nine6.
      Actually we are going to try for Sunday instead.

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 08:20 AM #89
      oh my this was buried deep. Bump for local chat.

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 09:10 AM #90
      Gotta estimate for repairs on my Cousin's 01 Jetta. Needs a bunch of stuff... and the price is steep. Some stuff I told him I could do no problem to save some money but some of the other things I have never jumped into, so I dont want to just say I can do it.. and not be able to.

-Replace Oil Pump
      -Camshaft Chain Adjuster Gaskets
      -Valve Cover Gasket
      -Thermostat Housing & Outlet

Just on this stuff alone he is being quoted $975 in labor charges only. What do you think? Is this stuff that is relatively easy to replace or is it worth the price tag plus the cost of the parts?

I am willing to do it all, I just told him he needs to buy us a Bentley manual to compensate me.
      Gimmie some feedback pweeeze.

Vehicles
      MKIII GTI VR6, MKIV R32 DBP, MKVI GTI, BMW E30 325is
      02-21-2012 10:50 AM #91
      What up peeps! Ive really been totally out of the loop on the forums and all but here I am again, Im Joel for those who dont know me.

Justin, call up PT or that shop Scott says in Easley so you can compare.

On another subject, the VW scene in the Greenville area needs some life posting here just to try and get a couple of people for a gtg and chill. On April 19-23rd is the Wookies in the Woods up in NC and im thinking about going up there. But besides that, im totally down for a gtg somewhere depending on the size of attendance, heck we can even meet up in the parking lot next to the new Ale House down on Woodruf rd and we can chill out at the bar or something...not promoting the whole must be in the meet thing but just a thought of somewhere we could also have a good time. Any opinions?

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 11:05 AM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Pocket-Rocket-PR View Post
      What up peeps! Ive really been totally out of the loop on the forums and all but here I am again, Im Joel for those who dont know me.

Justin, call up PT or that shop Scott says in Easley so you can compare.

On another subject, the VW scene in the Greenville area needs some life posting here just to try and get a couple of people for a gtg and chill. On April 19-23rd is the Wookies in the Woods up in NC and im thinking about going up there. But besides that, im totally down for a gtg somewhere depending on the size of attendance, heck we can even meet up in the parking lot next to the new Ale House down on Woodruf rd and we can chill out at the bar or something...not promoting the whole must be in the meet thing but just a thought of somewhere we could also have a good time. Any opinions?
      No kidding I havent seen Pocket Rocket in a while. lol - Im going to call them at some point today, I was actually waiting on his estimate to make it to my email first so I knew what to ask about.

You know Im always down for a gtg.. but it seems hard to put one together. But if we can get a vote on what is convenient for everybody Im down for where ever.

I saw the wookies in the woods, and thought about it, but im not sure if I would want to stay the whole 3 days and drain all my funds for Sowo. But if you are only going up for a day I'd ride with you.. we both know my p.o.s. isnt ready for the dragon! haha. **Plus it seems like an exclusive .:R event..

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 11:17 AM #93
      hell if your coming to easley let me know im about 2 miles from DJ's max..let me check my work schedule for overtime in april ( got a outage starting april14 in nuke plant) cuz if im off im always down for something .

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit 2.5
      02-21-2012 12:40 PM #94
      Hello all, I work in Greenwood and live in southern Greenville County. Nice to have locals that can offer advice and places to purchase parts.

I have a 2008 Sage Green Rabbit. Not many mods yet, except for blacked out side markers and a stubby antenna. Previous owner tinted the windows and installed GTI wheels and GTI leather steering wheel. I'm looking to upgrade the head unit, but I have the iPod dock, and would like to be able to continue using that. I'd also like to get a CAI, so if anyone knows of someone that has one they are selling, let me know.

Not sure on a gtg, but we shall see.
      08 Sage Green Rabbit - 5 spd - BSH Intake - Stubby Antennae
      89 Corrado (sold)

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 01:22 PM #95
      hell if your coming to easley let me know im about 2 miles from DJ's max..let me check my work schedule for overtime in april ( got a outage starting april14 in nuke plant) cuz if im off im always down for something .
      Good news on the repairs for my cousin's Jetta, he talked with the owner and worked out a deal and basically cut the price in half. So no need for a different shop at this point. As for a gtg, since this is getting way more activity both here and on my phone than I thought so soon, Im going to start trying to put something together. Sam text me and told me to check up with SCVWAA like you said Scott, and see what they have going on. So either way we can try and rally up with the group here or try and get up with scvwaa on a meet. I think it would be good to try and shock some life into the watercooled scene here in the upstate. I feel so vindicated.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcatt1 View Post
      Hello all, I work in Greenwood and live in southern Greenville County. Nice to have locals that can offer advice and places to purchase parts.

I have a 2008 Sage Green Rabbit. Not many mods yet, except for blacked out side markers and a stubby antenna. Previous owner tinted the windows and installed GTI wheels and GTI leather steering wheel. I'm looking to upgrade the head unit, but I have the iPod dock, and would like to be able to continue using that. I'd also like to get a CAI, so if anyone knows of someone that has one they are selling, let me know.

thanks for dropping by, hopefully you will do so more often. Would like to see the rabbit sometime.

You could always find something aftermarket that is compatible with iPods. Mine is outdated but I have a Alpine XDA-i200 that hooks up via usb and allows me to run pandora or itunes, whichever I prefer. Its kind of an older model, but i think they have made updated versions. So you may wanna check that out.

As for a CAI, i couldnt really help ya, I run a SRI from evololution ms.. and I love it.

Vehicles
      MKIII GTI VR6, MKIV R32 DBP, MKVI GTI, BMW E30 325is
      02-21-2012 01:32 PM #96
      No kidding I havent seen Pocket Rocket in a while. lol - Im going to call them at some point today, I was actually waiting on his estimate to make it to my email first so I knew what to ask about.

You know Im always down for a gtg.. but it seems hard to put one together. But if we can get a vote on what is convenient for everybody Im down for where ever.

I saw the wookies in the woods, and thought about it, but im not sure if I would want to stay the whole 3 days and drain all my funds for Sowo. But if you are only going up for a day I'd ride with you.. we both know my p.o.s. isnt ready for the dragon! haha. **Plus it seems like an exclusive .:R event..
      Yeah Im savingup for SOWO too but as for the Wookies i wasnt planning on the whole staying the weekend thing, maybe drive up on Saturday and be back on Sunday or just do the one day thing if its not too far (never been). And yeah man, you can ride we me, I havent deleted the rear seats on the .:R yet

Quote Originally Posted by tomcatt1 View Post

Nice to see new people around welcome.

Talking about gtg, like Justin said, we just got to get a vote going and figure it out. This Saturday im hitting up Cars & Coffee up on Pleasantburg and Pelham rd so if anyone wants to drop by ill be there like at ~8am.

02-21-2012 01:36 PM #97
      im 1/2 way between asheville and greenville ! haha

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 01:38 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by Pocket-Rocket-PR View Post
      Yeah Im savingup for SOWO too but as for the Wookies i wasnt planning on the whole staying the weekend thing, maybe drive up on Saturday and be back on Sunday or just do the one day thing if its not too far (never been). And yeah man, you can ride we me, I havent deleted the rear seats on the .:R yet

Talking about gtg, like Justin said, we just got to get a vote going and figure it out. This Saturday im hitting up Cars & Coffee up on Pleasantburg and Pelham rd so if anyone wants to drop by ill be there like at ~8am.
      Yet? Are planning on it? If so.. you better get a Unibrace at least if you dont do a roll cage. Other wise I hear they start creakin like a mofo with the seats deleted. But yeah, I may or may not drive mine up there.. havent decided - that may change because it will be painted by then and I wont be so ashamed to take it out in public..

I wont be going to cars and coffee.. Ill be stripping the GTI down for paint this weekend with Joe.

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 01:43 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by hondamnit View Post
      im 1/2 way between asheville and greenville ! haha
      Right in tha middle! lol Glad you stopped by

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 02:42 PM #100
      So me and Sam have been talking about a gathering. Debating on Krispy Kreme on Plesantburg. Dates are up in the air and location isnt 100% definite yet. We will discuss it later tonight, but in the meantime if anybody has any input on what will work for them let us know!

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast