Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 45

    Thread: 1992 gti 16v

    1. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,768
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg ..Turbo rail
      07-11-2011 04:38 PM #1
      Always wanted one.. i have been after this car for about 9 years and i finally got it.. It really isnt anything special just a great start .. Should be finished this time next year hopefully.



      autocrats...

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2010
      Location
      YoCo, PA
      Posts
      2,761
      Vehicles
      04 T5M, 06 3.6, 08 600RR
      07-11-2011 04:40 PM #2
      I'd love one myself as well.

      Looks like a good pick up

    3. Member MOTA BOY's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2007
      Location
      Calgary/AB/Canada
      Posts
      940
      Vehicles
      VW Golf MKII GTI KR(T) 1990, MKIV 2.0 2003.
      07-11-2011 04:43 PM #3



      Tell us the story.

    4. 07-11-2011 04:49 PM #4
      nice find...interior shots?

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2003
      Location
      NorCal
      Posts
      3,492
      Vehicles
      99 E46 323i, 91 E30 325i, 76 Rabbit 1.6
      07-11-2011 04:50 PM #5
      Car looks great. Good find and yeah tell us the story.

    6. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,768
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg ..Turbo rail
      07-11-2011 04:58 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by hoodride View Post
      nice find...interior shots?
      Looks like any other 16v gti Mint recaros etc
      Quote Originally Posted by bocho View Post
      Car looks great. Good find and yeah tell us the story.
      Met a friend by asking him to buy it a few years back.... He always said i was first in line so when it was time to sell he called.. Simple really.
      autocrats...

    7. Geriatric Member VDub2625's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 3rd, 2003
      Location
      Fall River, MA
      Posts
      46,241
      Vehicles
      90 Jetta GLI 16v, 99.5 Cabrio Highline, 92 Golf GL
      07-11-2011 05:04 PM #7
      Interesting. You do old well, let's see how you handle "new"
      A2Resource
      .......

    8. Member Nash_TDI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 1st, 2007
      Location
      Louisville, KY
      Posts
      2,006
      Vehicles
      04 Passat TDI, 00 Jetta TDI, 90 Jetta. 85 Coupe, 03 Duramax
      07-11-2011 05:05 PM #8
      Nice find, RMs and everything.
      Clinton Shell
      NashImporters.com

      Like us on Facebook
      Mk2 Gaskets, Rain Trays, and other FAW parts.

    9. 07-11-2011 05:12 PM #9
      Such a clean find

    10. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,768
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg ..Turbo rail
      07-11-2011 05:16 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by VDub2625 View Post
      Interesting. You do old well, let's see how you handle "new"
      Much more will be done with this one.. Nothing that hasn't been done before.. I guess It will be boring per Vortex standards..New paint.. It will get 8.5 inch rms.. It will get h&r ultra ultra coilovers.. it wont get driven hard.. some sort of sound system that will handle Propaghandi in stride.. Serpentine conversion w/ a/c and maybe a Abf clone on mk3 motronic . That is whats stirring around my head currently
      My ultimate goal is to have a 91 or 92 16v in each color all restored
      autocrats...

    11. 07-11-2011 05:18 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      My ultimate goal is to have a 91 or 92 16v in each color all restored
      This I want to see!

    12. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,768
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg ..Turbo rail
      07-11-2011 05:23 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Moofluffen View Post
      This I want to see!
      Its a sick fantasy.. I have the green one located and i am currently building it via volkswagenpaul lol.. All i will have do is find a white and black one finish them and install in bigger garage.. easy right ?
      autocrats...

    13. Geriatric Member VDub2625's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 3rd, 2003
      Location
      Fall River, MA
      Posts
      46,241
      Vehicles
      90 Jetta GLI 16v, 99.5 Cabrio Highline, 92 Golf GL
      07-11-2011 05:23 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      Much more will be done with this one.. Nothing that hasn't been done before.. I guess It will be boring per Vortex standards..New paint.. It will get 8.5 inch rms.. It will get h&r ultra ultra coilovers.. it wont get driven hard.. some sort of sound system that will handle Propaghandi in stride.. Serpentine conversion w/ a/c and maybe a Abf clone on mk3 motronic . That is whats stirring around my head currently
      My ultimate goal is to have a 91 or 92 16v in each color all restored
      Sounds like a good plan... but I'd look into paint resto before actual paint. it's only been a headache and not worth it for me. Could have looked just as nice polished up, unless it has some rust which I doubt.

      Wide RS (would prefer RM but i understand) and an ABF would make that car perfect. (as well as a better color ebcuase I hate T-red ) What month was it built? What's the serial number?
      A2Resource
      .......

    14. 07-11-2011 05:26 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      Its a sick fantasy.. I have the green one located and i am currently building it via volkswagenpaul lol.. All i will have do is find a white and black one finish them and install in bigger garage.. easy right ?
      Super easy

    15. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,768
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg ..Turbo rail
      07-11-2011 05:28 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by VDub2625 View Post
      Sounds like a good plan... but I'd look into paint resto before actual paint. it's only been a headache and not worth it for me. Could have looked just as nice polished up, unless it has some rust which I doubt.

      Wide RS (would prefer RM but i understand) and an ABF would make that car perfect. (as well as a better color ebcuase I hate T-red ) What month was it built? What's the serial number?
      It was a type-O it will be the stock rms with more girth . Ill go check the door to see the build date.
      autocrats...

    16. Member volkswagenpaul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2003
      Location
      Barstow, Ca
      Posts
      1,168
      Vehicles
      92 GTI
      07-11-2011 06:16 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      Its a sick fantasy.. I have the green one located and i am currently building it via volkswagenpaul lol.. All i will have do is find a white and black one finish them and install in bigger garage.. easy right ?
      Do you mean this green one?

    17. Member -RalleyTuned-'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 17th, 2008
      Location
      East of the Mountains, WA
      Posts
      9,780
      Vehicles
      77' Rabbit 16v, '92 Passat Syncro Wagon1.8t
      07-11-2011 07:34 PM #17
      very clean start! def my favorite mk2's, i ended up with a clean one from a friend that was a 90 8v, which has slowly transformed into a 16v spec car. Drive it everyday 140+mi, such a great car

    18. Senior Member cyclops594's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 29th, 2005
      Location
      NorCal(Mudville)
      Posts
      22,525
      Vehicles
      1991 Jetta GLI 16V
      07-11-2011 07:45 PM #18
      Right on. Nice acquisition

    19. Member Black92EightValve's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2003
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      7,251
      Vehicles
      92 GTI 16V, 88 Scirocco 16V (sold), 20th AE GTI #2269
      07-11-2011 08:17 PM #19
      Wow Aaron, nice find!! Are you gonna bring it to Bonelli this year?? I'm hoping to bring mine this year... Mine is black btw (what can I say I have a thing for black cars) I should be pretty easy to spot, I doubt there will be many black 92 16V's on ATS Type 5's at Bonelli

    20. Member ms.golf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 21st, 2005
      Location
      Manhattan Beach CA
      Posts
      4,590
      07-11-2011 08:18 PM #20
      it'll be for sale for 10 grand in a couple of months, maybe sooner.


    21. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,768
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg ..Turbo rail
      07-11-2011 10:10 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Black92EightValve View Post
      Wow Aaron, nice find!! Are you gonna bring it to Bonelli this year?? I'm hoping to bring mine this year... Mine is black btw (what can I say I have a thing for black cars) I should be pretty easy to spot, I doubt there will be many black 92 16V's on ATS Type 5's at Bonelli
      We will see where she is at..


      Quote Originally Posted by ms.golf View Post
      it'll be for sale for 10 grand in a couple of months, maybe sooner.

      Kicks Dan in the nuts !
      autocrats...

    22. Member RcrVdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 2001
      Location
      Alamogordo, nm
      Posts
      2,281
      Vehicles
      95 Gti vr6, Audi a3, Cadillac ats
      07-12-2011 12:17 AM #22
      Nice Score!!

    23. Junior Member limited GTI guy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2003
      Location
      Lewisville, Texas
      Posts
      26
      Vehicles
      86 jetta GLI, 89 Jetta GL, 91 GTI 16V, 98 GTI VR6, 03 GTI 20th AE, 04 Passat, 08 Passat
      07-12-2011 01:13 AM #23
      91 2.0 16v was my first GTI. I loved that car but after countless passes at the strip and 265k on the original motor I traded her in on my 20th. The quart of castrol 20w 50 I was burning every week was the clue...lol. I will have another one someday. Chip, shift kit, exhaust makes a big difference.

    24. Member DowNnOuTDubin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 21st, 2006
      Location
      Portland, Oregon
      Posts
      12,176
      Vehicles
      20th AE 3366
      07-12-2011 04:37 AM #24
      Great find

    25. Member
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2001
      Location
      -sand -sun -seismic
      Posts
      1,374
      Vehicles
      1992 VW GTi 16V
      07-13-2011 12:55 AM #25
      .....My ultimate goal is to have a 91 or 92 16v in each color all restored...
      I recall a member in Florida, I think, that did it a few years back. Nice start.

    26. Member 16v2a2vr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2010
      Location
      hackensack,nj
      Posts
      370
      Vehicles
      88scirocco 16v,90gli 16v,97gti vr6,89 jetta coupe,84 jatta coupe
      07-13-2011 01:34 AM #26
      looks like a really good start my monty gti 16v was one car i wish i still had good luck on yours

    27. Member e10rice's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 11th, 2003
      Location
      Gains-vegas GA
      Posts
      490
      Vehicles
      68 typeIII square back, OG 69 F100, 85 GTI mars red, 91 GTI 12v tornado red, 90 ranger 2.9, 02 subie
      07-13-2011 06:44 PM #27
      nice 16v man i've got its older bro, but it's a 12v these days. i do have everything to but it back 16v if i ever wanted too. it took me 6 years to talk myself into swapping it. if you ever want to sell those rm's let me know i would love to have the og wheels for mine. i do have 16x7 bbs rk's if you were interested in a trade + cash swap one day

      Last edited by e10rice; 07-13-2011 at 06:49 PM.
      America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. (Hunter S. Thompson)

    28. 07-13-2011 07:58 PM #28
      That looks very familiar. I miss my red 92 16v GTI all the time.
      Chris Lane - fifteen52 - Join us on Facebook
      chris@fifteen52.us 813.505.7910 - direct : 213.373.1552
      RML | 52 Wheels | KW | ST | B&G | Newing-Alpil | C2 | Air-Lift

    29. 07-13-2011 09:00 PM #29

    30. Member bodhi_tree777's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2008
      Location
      PKB WV
      Posts
      1,927
      Vehicles
      1986 Golf GL, 1990 Golf GL
      07-13-2011 09:21 PM #30
      Nice I've enjoyed your blue car and I'm sure great things are in store here as well..

      minor touch, and I'm sure you've noticed, but your side markers are backwards in the first pic

    31. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,768
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg ..Turbo rail
      07-13-2011 10:09 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by e10rice View Post
      nice 16v man i've got its older bro, but it's a 12v these days. i do have everything to but it back 16v if i ever wanted too. it took me 6 years to talk myself into swapping it. if you ever want to sell those rm's let me know i would love to have the og wheels for mine. i do have 16x7 bbs rk's if you were interested in a trade + cash swap one day

      They will always be paired with the car (a bit wider though ) thanks for the offer though

      Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_tree777 View Post
      Nice I've enjoyed your blue car and I'm sure great things are in store here as well..

      minor touch, and I'm sure you've noticed, but your side markers are backwards in the first pic
      They won't be on it very long.. On a mission at work to get this project funded
      autocrats...

    32. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2011
      Location
      Murrieta
      Posts
      53
      Vehicles
      !985 Golf
      07-14-2011 04:10 AM #32
      heck ya. looks clean, i have a 92 16v in my golf and i like it

    33. Member e10rice's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 11th, 2003
      Location
      Gains-vegas GA
      Posts
      490
      Vehicles
      68 typeIII square back, OG 69 F100, 85 GTI mars red, 91 GTI 12v tornado red, 90 ranger 2.9, 02 subie
      07-14-2011 10:42 AM #33
      understadable, i wouldn't get rid of them either. can't wait to see how this one turns out.
      America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. (Hunter S. Thompson)

    34. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 27th, 2002
      Location
      Fresno Ca
      Posts
      8,002
      Vehicles
      Current VWs I own...'60 '60 '63 '76 '82 '83 '91 '92 '96 '96 '97 '03
      08-03-2011 06:00 AM #34
      i have a white one!
      @captainsaveadub

    35. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2006
      Location
      河边
      Posts
      3,930
      08-03-2011 01:02 PM #35
      nice dude, looks good, i see blue is still around. 2 car garage turn 3.
      skillzequipped™

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •