Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 2898

    Thread: Northshore Auto Union-Salem Willows GTG

    1. Member Zdriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2006
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,613
      Vehicles
      B5 S4
      07-21-2011 05:20 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Gberg888GLI View Post
      Im thinking of checking it all out next tuesday... 7 at salem willows?
      you may just see me there gberg

    2. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,420
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      07-21-2011 05:38 PM #107
      I may be bringing people... don't embarrass me

    3. Member pizzarrhea's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2010
      Location
      Northshore, MA
      Posts
      1,146
      Vehicles
      '10 Golf TDI SBM
      07-21-2011 06:12 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Gberg888GLI View Post
      My buddy Chris Delo owns it now... just swapped the ko4s onto it... hes getting a different hood and isnt running a front bumper currently...

      Im thinking of checking it all out next tuesday... 7 at salem willows?
      You got it. Tab was what, $43 last week? Can we double that

    4. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-21-2011 07:05 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Gberg888GLI View Post
      My buddy Chris Delo owns it now... just swapped the ko4s onto it... hes getting a different hood and isnt running a front bumper currently...

      Im thinking of checking it all out next tuesday... 7 at salem willows?
      Yep, Chris. Awesome guy! Even wore a narragansett shirt for $1 gansett night at Murphys.

      That pic was taken on tuesday, had the bumper on. I didn't realize carbon fiber hoods oxidize like that over time.

      7pm at the willows, hope to see you there.

    5. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-21-2011 07:08 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by pizzarrhea View Post
      You got it. Tab was what, $43 last week? Can we double that
      43x$1 drafts. The actual tab including food and misc. drinks was about $110. Still, really freakin cheap considering. Everyone chipped in $15 or so and the waitress still walked away with a $40 tip lol

    6. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-21-2011 07:11 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      I may be bringing people... don't embarrass me

      Magellan and I will postpone our faux drunken slap fest until the week after next.

    7. Member pizzarrhea's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2010
      Location
      Northshore, MA
      Posts
      1,146
      Vehicles
      '10 Golf TDI SBM
      07-21-2011 07:21 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by crosshare View Post
      Magellan and I will postpone our faux drunken slap fest until the week after next.
      No don't, I wanna see this.

    8. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,420
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      07-21-2011 08:00 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by crosshare View Post
      Magellan and I will postpone our faux drunken slap fest until the week after next.
      don't get in a slapfest with me... I tend to finger the ears...

    9. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-21-2011 08:40 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      don't get in a slapfest with me... I tend to finger the ears...
      okok we'll be good, promise.

    10. Member Zdriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2006
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,613
      Vehicles
      B5 S4
      07-21-2011 08:56 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by crosshare View Post
      Yep, Chris. Awesome guy! Even wore a narragansett shirt for $1 gansett night at Murphys.

      That pic was taken on tuesday, had the bumper on. I didn't realize carbon fiber hoods oxidize like that over time.

      7pm at the willows, hope to see you there.
      Wait til u see what shirt I wear next week! Haha I believe the issue with the hood is cheap gelcoat instead of a nice clearcoat that is on most car exteriors

    11. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-22-2011 01:40 AM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by Zdriver View Post
      Wait til u see what shirt I wear next week! Haha I believe the issue with the hood is cheap gelcoat instead of a nice clearcoat that is on most car exteriors
      Your hood caught my eye because I was considering a carbon fiber hood for my rabbit. Good info to know. ViS?

      Can it be repaired?

    12. Member Zdriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2006
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,613
      Vehicles
      B5 S4
      07-22-2011 07:41 AM #117
      mine is made by fiber images, i believe they can be repaired by a decent paint shop. i think they just hit it with a legit clear coat and then treat it like a new paint job, wetsand/buff etc..

    13. Member pizzarrhea's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2010
      Location
      Northshore, MA
      Posts
      1,146
      Vehicles
      '10 Golf TDI SBM
      07-22-2011 11:33 AM #118

    14. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-22-2011 11:57 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by Zdriver View Post
      mine is made by fiber images, i believe they can be repaired by a decent paint shop. i think they just hit it with a legit clear coat and then treat it like a new paint job, wetsand/buff etc..
      ah, good to know. Thanks.

    15. Member TSiSS350's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2005
      Location
      Georgetown Ma
      Posts
      508
      Vehicles
      q
      07-22-2011 12:15 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by pizzarrhea View Post
      I still dont believe its a valid definition, Mag is the only one to use it. ....... look who posted it on UD.......
      Brad D.

    16. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-22-2011 12:57 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by TSiSS350 View Post
      I still dont believe its a valid definition, Mag is the only one to use it. ....... look who posted it on UD.......
      Ha! I just caught that!

    17. Member pizzarrhea's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2010
      Location
      Northshore, MA
      Posts
      1,146
      Vehicles
      '10 Golf TDI SBM
      07-22-2011 12:57 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by TSiSS350 View Post
      I still dont believe its a valid definition, Mag is the only one to use it. ....... look who posted it on UD.......
      I know

    18. Member themagellan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2007
      Location
      East
      Posts
      2,622
      Vehicles
      1991 Audi 200 20vt Quattro
      07-22-2011 02:45 PM #123
      It's ok, you are the people who will turn it into a real word for me.

      vwgolf117 & DJ sweating nutsack swapping interiors. Turned out awesome! both made out very well in the trade. good old fashion car street work. I guess the salem police gave them a bunch of shizah and accused them of chopping cars in the street and even had the chief of police come down to see wtf was going on. I guess it was laughed off at the end and they realized it was really just a trade.

      I made a guest appearance with water, and fix a little lock cylinder and decided to snap some pics...






      stay cool guys, it is hot out!

    19. Member pizzarrhea's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2010
      Location
      Northshore, MA
      Posts
      1,146
      Vehicles
      '10 Golf TDI SBM
      07-22-2011 03:03 PM #124
      looks good, must've been a pain in the ass
      i gotta go find some fabric to redo my headliner now

    20. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-22-2011 04:55 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by themagellan View Post
      It's ok, you are the people who will turn it into a real word for me.

      vwgolf117 & DJ sweating nutsack swapping interiors. Turned out awesome! both made out very well in the trade. good old fashion car street work. I guess the salem police gave them a bunch of shizah and accused them of chopping cars in the street and even had the chief of police come down to see wtf was going on. I guess it was laughed off at the end and they realized it was really just a trade.

      I made a guest appearance with water, and fix a little lock cylinder and decided to snap some pics...

      [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/33ej435.jpg[/]
      [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/qs5jqo.jpg[/]
      [IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/16734om.jpg[/]
      [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/2rgmc9f.jpg[/]

      stay cool guys, it is hot out!
      Normally I'd say, "f the po-po!", but at least they're on the lookout. There's actually a huge theft problem in Salem, but it's mostly hondas getting stolen and stripped. I'm personally more concerned about the huge heroin issue around here. Like needles being found at the common bad. Anywoo...

      You've guys got some balls swapping up in this heat, nice work! Dedication like a boss! At some point I want to nab plaid or leather seats from a GTI. Problem is finding someone who wants gray cloth seats for their GTI lolz

      Been sitting here all day doing nuttin' but soaking in this A/C.

    21. 07-22-2011 06:47 PM #126
      All i can say is it was HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      WTB for my A4 B5: Coils, and spacers with lugs! PM me!

      Nikon coolpix L105 camera for sale! pm me!

    22. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,420
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      07-22-2011 06:49 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by pizzarrhea View Post
      oof, I've heard that before... you know what that comes from right?
      you do realize saying that anywhere near the point will get you lynched...

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2010
      Location
      Newport, RI
      Posts
      160
      Vehicles
      mkv gli
      07-22-2011 08:10 PM #128
      I'd like to bring dubs from newport up there, sounds like alot of fun. We are actually having a meet tomorrow night at 7pm, if anyone wants to make the drive. See my post in this forum about middletown , ri. Hope to see a bunch of dubs suprise us, lata!

    24. Member themagellan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2007
      Location
      East
      Posts
      2,622
      Vehicles
      1991 Audi 200 20vt Quattro
      07-22-2011 08:44 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      oof, I've heard that before... you know what that comes from right?
      you do realize saying that anywhere near the point will get you lynched...


      this isn't the thread to spark this type of debate so save it. Thanks


      bove that would be sick man!!!! Hope to see you soon

    25. Member pizzarrhea's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2010
      Location
      Northshore, MA
      Posts
      1,146
      Vehicles
      '10 Golf TDI SBM
      07-23-2011 12:07 AM #130
      Legal at last

    26. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-23-2011 12:28 AM #131

    27. 07-23-2011 12:49 AM #132
      nice job guys.


      Quote Originally Posted by themagellan View Post
      It's ok, you are the people who will turn it into a real word for me.

      vwgolf117 & DJ sweating nutsack swapping interiors. Turned out awesome! both made out very well in the trade. good old fashion car street work. I guess the salem police gave them a bunch of shizah and accused them of chopping cars in the street and even had the chief of police come down to see wtf was going on. I guess it was laughed off at the end and they realized it was really just a trade.

      I made a guest appearance with water, and fix a little lock cylinder and decided to snap some pics...






      stay cool guys, it is hot out!

    28. Member themagellan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2007
      Location
      East
      Posts
      2,622
      Vehicles
      1991 Audi 200 20vt Quattro
      07-23-2011 12:37 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by pizzarrhea View Post
      Legal at last
      HFB PETE! Glug glug glug

    29. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,420
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      07-23-2011 02:40 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by themagellan View Post
      this isn't the thread to spark this type of debate so save it. Thanks
      I didn't bring it up. I just haven't heard it since the 80s...

      So, who's drinkin in my backyard today? Hit me on facebook if you wanna come by after 7pm.
      BYOB... ****ers

      PS, if you know where Nathan lives, it's across the street.

    30. Member crosshare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 3rd, 2008
      Location
      Holden, Ma
      Posts
      3,219
      Vehicles
      07/VW/Rabbit
      07-23-2011 03:00 PM #135
      Happy 21st Pete!

      I'll have to pass today, but thanks Chapel. Happy Birthday to you too!.

      I have some fantastic news! We are go with the goodyear parking lot. Gene and Steve(store and shop managers) ask that we do not block the shop doors due to possible tows coming in. Otherwise, there's 10 spots, first come first serve and again there's always free street parking after 5pm. Oh and we need to be good, so keep the faux slap fights at murphs.
      Northshore Auto Union(N.S.A.U.)-Salem, Ma.
      nathanmichael@gmail.com
      MKV Rabbit aka The Panda

    31. Member Zdriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2006
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,613
      Vehicles
      B5 S4
      07-23-2011 05:13 PM #136
      Thats sweet, good work!

      Do any of you guys have access to a fender roller? I'm trying to avoid the baseball bat method

    32. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      52,420
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      07-23-2011 05:27 PM #137
      nice. I'm pretty broke this week, so I may drive. a fiver should cover me for beer

    33. Member themagellan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 30th, 2007
      Location
      East
      Posts
      2,622
      Vehicles
      1991 Audi 200 20vt Quattro
      07-23-2011 10:23 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by Zdriver View Post
      Thats sweet, good work!

      Do any of you guys have access to a fender roller? I'm trying to avoid the baseball bat method
      Found this thread, theres a phone # within this thread if you want to rent one to do it the right way.

      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...=fender+roller

      this = 401-765-1957



      I also think, jesse @ banchwerks has one... but not sure. I would normally say use a ****ing baseball bat, but yeah your car is nice

    34. Member pizzarrhea's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2010
      Location
      Northshore, MA
      Posts
      1,146
      Vehicles
      '10 Golf TDI SBM
      07-24-2011 02:23 PM #139

    35. Member Zdriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2006
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,613
      Vehicles
      B5 S4
      07-24-2011 06:48 PM #140
      thanks magellan, u da man.

      I would like to roll them semi nicely just so they dont get destroyed, ive seen so many nice clean cars recently with trashed fenders from going to low and running too low an offest. darn stretch an poke

    Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •