Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with your .:R today?

Vehicles
      Golf R
      11-05-2011 10:53 AM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by Kstyle View Post
      Windshield cleaning stuff dont spray, leak under hood.
      This is not a big deal. The nozzle may leak around the jount, or the hose conncect to it.
      Pull the nozzle out, and some hose, and locate exactly where it leaks. Then replace.

IIRC, a replacement nozzle comes with some tubing and wires/plug (for heater).
      That may fix that issue.

My rear nozzle is not shooting fluid, and I know it's not clogged, so I am going to try and figure out why it does that.

My pass door would not lock/unlock, pulled off the panel and the thing got a life, so I am hoping it was a loose wire behind the panel. Becuase it is working great now.

Vehicles
      2004 .:R32, 2012 GLI
      11-05-2011 02:25 PM #142
      I have the same issue but I think what happened with mine is the line to the rear washer fluid was so clogged that it caused the connection from the pump to the rear line to break so now I have to get a whole new pump before I can wash my back window
      VRalliance #43
      Quote Originally Posted by DCJodon View Post
      My crayons smell like MK4s, please help.

Vehicles
      12' CW 4DR Golf [R] (SOLD) 13' RB 4DR Golf R
      11-05-2011 02:45 PM #143
      Car was dead. Got a new battery
      Blue One

Vehicles
      MK4 R32
      11-05-2011 04:10 PM #144
      Keep get a whining noise on decel/accel in first and second gear... I can hear it more when I go through a parking lot and stay in first gear . Starting to concern me more and more. Just changed my transmission fluid due to the fact that it was extremely hard to change gears when the car was cold. Seems to have fixed the issue for now

Vehicles
      Golf R
      11-05-2011 05:14 PM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by werdnakills View Post
      I have the same issue but I think what happened with mine is the line to the rear washer fluid was so clogged that it caused the connection from the pump to the rear line to break so now I have to get a whole new pump before I can wash my back window
      Why would you have to get a new pump for a broken hose?

Vehicles
      11-06-2011 04:32 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      Why would you have to get a new pump for a broken hose?
      The hose isn't what broke, its the piece on the pump that connects to the hose that broke

Vehicles
      R32/GTI 12V
      11-06-2011 04:53 PM #147
      Got a CEL and the R now idles like an air compressor

my bud pulled some codes with the ECS scanner and got
      something wrong with the MAF
      O2 sensor intermittent..
      gotta take it to the dealer for thorough scan

Vehicles
      2004 VW .:R32 S/C 78' Kawasaki kz650SR built
      11-06-2011 05:02 PM #148
      Same sh*t, different day.
      (O : o)=R32=W====(o : O)
      I <3 (.Y.)
      If you don't like my post. IDGAF.

Vehicles
      Golf R
      11-06-2011 05:09 PM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by werdnakills View Post
      The hose isn't what broke, its the piece on the pump that connects to the hose that broke
      OH I see... Well, my shiznet is clogged somewhere down the line
      I have to figure out where. My pump is fine, the nozzle is fine, just got to find where is the
      blackage is at.

Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32
      11-07-2011 02:03 AM #150
      ABS and TCS lights came on shortly followed by a CEL checking it out tomorrow still feels sounds and drives fine tho... ? weird.

11. 11-08-2011 02:33 AM #151
      more then one but the most dreaded are the rattles coming from the back. might be eip exhaust rattling and new hangers. i fear its more.

Vehicles
      '04 R32 DBP
      11-08-2011 02:40 AM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by Deemo18T View Post
      I was at show n' go in englishtown, nj and someone stole my damn .:R valve stem caps. Weak....that's what I get for going to a show and parking in spectator parking in this s**thole
      Had rear emblem and one center-cap stolen at the train station... damn kids.
      KW Variant 1 Suspension / Miro 111's Black / H&R 20mm Rear Spacers / Megan Racing Rear Control Arms / K&N Typhoon Short-Ram Intake /
      BFI Stg1-Sidemounts Stg2-Dogbone / HPA Short Shifter w Verdict Motorsports + 42DraftDesigns Bushings / 8000k HID Angel Eye LED's /
      Hella Magic Colours Smoked Tails / 42DD High Intensity LED's / 35% Tint / UnFlapped

Vehicles
      BMP .:R32 Supercharged , '13 CC (POS)
      11-08-2011 04:44 AM #153
      Im not driving it, thats the problem, haha
      Instagram- @eboudah

Vehicles
      10 JSW SE, 04.:R
      11-08-2011 08:01 AM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by BOUDAH View Post
      Im not driving it, thats the problem, haha

15. 11-08-2011 08:28 AM #155
      I think I replaced the bushings and hardware in all 3 of my VF mounts in April. While I was checking things over after a track day at Sebring I noticed that the bushings all need to be replaced again. This will be the third time I have needed to change these in about 18 months. Maybe the material doesn't like the Florida heat and the horsepower (550). This was 2 track days at Sebring, daily driving and maybe 3 times at the drag strip with a total of 24 passes.

I guess I need to look at the other options now as it is getting old. I think I need some hard plastic/polymer and a lathe and just make my own inserts/bushings. Hockey pucks?

Vehicles
      2004 VW .:R32 S/C 78' Kawasaki kz650SR built
      11-08-2011 08:52 PM #156
      MAF (insert many vulgar curse words)
      (O : o)=R32=W====(o : O)
      I <3 (.Y.)
      If you don't like my post. IDGAF.

17. 11-08-2011 09:34 PM #157
      Went to grab a sammich, and no start. Pushed it in the garage at work and there it shall sit until my new fuel pump arrives. Never got my sammich.

Vehicles
      04 R32T
      11-08-2011 09:38 PM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by 95GLX View Post
      I think I replaced the bushings and hardware in all 3 of my VF mounts in April. While I was checking things over after a track day at Sebring I noticed that the bushings all need to be replaced again. This will be the third time I have needed to change these in about 18 months. Maybe the material doesn't like the Florida heat and the horsepower (550). This was 2 track days at Sebring, daily driving and maybe 3 times at the drag strip with a total of 24 passes.

I guess I need to look at the other options now as it is getting old. I think I need some hard plastic/polymer and a lathe and just make my own inserts/bushings. Hockey pucks?
      Derlin

Oh my problem is i want more boost
      -JAMES-
      DRIVEN/Built /UM Turbo R - VR NATION

Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32
      11-09-2011 12:59 AM #159
      Had some vibration while cornering left saw that my right CV boot/joint is leaking gonna replace that within the week

20. n00b
      Vehicles
      1962 VW Type 3 Notchback aka Hans, 1978 VW Bus, 2004 VW R32
      11-09-2011 02:59 AM #160
      Replaced MAF ... MAF code still keeps popping up every couple days. Reman MAF possibly bad out of the box? I'm trying to get this thing smogged people. Anyone else ever heard of this?

Other than that, and the bolster and MID, she's doing pretty good. Even with the intermittent MAF code, she runs flawlessly.

Vehicles
      '04 R, '10 Jetta TDI
      11-09-2011 06:04 AM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by VAG2FACE View Post
      Replaced MAF ... MAF code still keeps popping up every couple days. Reman MAF possibly bad out of the box? I'm trying to get this thing smogged people. Anyone else ever heard of this?

Other than that, and the bolster and MID, she's doing pretty good. Even with the intermittent MAF code, she runs flawlessly.
      Whats the code # it's throwing? I had a 1.8t with cai and I replaced the MAF 3 times. Only helped the light stay off for a few days. Took the cai and dirty filter off replaced with clean new filter and the code stopped for good. I want to say the code was p1128?
      IATSE Local 52
      AASI lvl 3
      USASA lvl 1

Vehicles
      R32/GTI 12V
      11-09-2011 07:01 AM #162
      cracked OEM down pipe

23. 11-09-2011 07:01 AM #163
      -Problem (Solution)

- Part throttle hesitation; slow puttering and changing gears is problematic. Plugs and packs already changed, fuel filter changed, MAF cleaned. Gas mileage is not what it used to be. (Thinking of just getting flashed)
      - Antenna has rotted to smeg. (Need to finally piece together my adapter wire for the sharkfin and be done with it. Or steal one off an S2000)
      - I have a Haldex fluid kit that I've been sitting on for 2 years now... (Stop being a lazy jerkoff)
      - I have 6 Aristos, all with paint chips and some curbed rash (by no fault of my own). All in some sort of "bent" shape, some just less bent than others. (Need metal repair, roundness back to true, powdercoat)
      - Suspension feels like I'm riding/cornering on a bag of warm butter. (Complete suspension upgrade, started with Unibrace but buying rest of stuff before install)
      - Brakes need done soon (RacingBrake discs, stainless steel lines, Tyrol Sport bushings [until I can afford Cayenne caliper upgrade])
      - Missing a wheel cap (Buy some, more $)
      - Broken car remote (Buy one and have it cut, again more $)

* Started a project for a "high beam" rear fog light for 3rd brake light in hatch, never finished it. (Again, prioritizing)

Trying to figure out whether I should dump my savings on all of this all at once, or dump my savings all toward my loan to (almost) pay it off. Or maybe just buy a ~$1500 sh*tbox to commute in and park the R, but that will present its own problems and I'll still have to fix the R. Being an adult is lame.

Vehicles
      11-09-2011 09:13 AM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by MatadoR32 View Post
      -Problem (Solution)

- Part throttle hesitation; slow puttering and changing gears is problematic. Plugs and packs already changed, fuel filter changed, MAF cleaned. Gas mileage is not what it used to be. (Thinking of just getting flashed)
      - Antenna has rotted to smeg. (Need to finally piece together my adapter wire for the sharkfin and be done with it. Or steal one off an S2000)
      - I have a Haldex fluid kit that I've been sitting on for 2 years now... (Stop being a lazy jerkoff)
      - I have 6 Aristos, all with paint chips and some curbed rash (by no fault of my own). All in some sort of "bent" shape, some just less bent than others. (Need metal repair, roundness back to true, powdercoat)
      - Suspension feels like I'm riding/cornering on a bag of warm butter. (Complete suspension upgrade, started with Unibrace but buying rest of stuff before install)
      - Brakes need done soon (RacingBrake discs, stainless steel lines, Tyrol Sport bushings [until I can afford Cayenne caliper upgrade])

* Started a project for a "high beam" rear fog light for 3rd brake light in hatch, never finished it. (Again, prioritizing)

Trying to figure out whether I should dump my savings on all of this all at once, or dump my savings all toward my loan to (almost) pay it off. Or maybe just buy a ~$1500 sh*tbox to commute in and park the R, but that will present its own problems and I'll still have to fix the R. Being an adult is lame.
      I would pay it off but that's just me.. One less thing to worry about
      VRalliance #43

Vehicles
      Golf R
      11-09-2011 09:34 AM #165
      Being an adult is lame.
      Yupp. I completely agree

I would fix the car as long as you have enough money after to comfortably keep making monthly payments.

Paying off the car would still leave you without a proper functioning car and would leave you without money to fix said car.

Buy a beater would come with its own problems to drive right, likely more serious problems as well. Also it would deminish the money you have to continue paying the car payments and making repairs to the .:R. Also you will now need to spend more money on insurance (if your loan is like mine your .:R will either need comprehensive or storage insurance at all times.) So you wont be saving much money there.

Just my opinion.

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      11-09-2011 09:46 AM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
      Also you will now need to spend more money on insurance (if your loan is like mine your .:R will either need comprehensive or storage insurance at all times.) So you wont be saving much money there.

Just my opinion.
      That might not be true. I was looking at adding a 1991 Wrangler to my insurance with me as the only driver, and the payments would have gone from $160/month to $80/month to have both cars. They said it was because I would be driving the R32 a lot less with the old, cheap Wrangler.
      http://r32registry.org/802 ||| Garage Banners
      Quote Originally Posted by donotcometoflorida View Post
      If my science data analysis on current trends is correct, I project that by the years 2018 - 2025, all car's body panels will be replaced entirely by grill.

Vehicles
      Golf R
      11-09-2011 09:49 AM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by rconn14 View Post
      That might not be true. I was looking at adding a 1991 Wrangler to my insurance with me as the only driver, and the payments would have gone from $160/month to $80/month to have both cars. They said it was because I would be driving the R32 a lot less with the old, cheap Wrangler.
      Hmm. Very interesting, thanks for the input.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 R32
      11-09-2011 10:06 AM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by rconn14 View Post
      People tell me this all the time, I've been with statefarm, allstate and AAA and never has it happened.

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      11-09-2011 05:43 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by rota92 View Post
      People tell me this all the time, I've been with statefarm, allstate and AAA and never has it happened.
      I have Amica. They're pretty good and when you call them the people on the phone know what they're doing.
      http://r32registry.org/802 ||| Garage Banners
      Quote Originally Posted by donotcometoflorida View Post
      If my science data analysis on current trends is correct, I project that by the years 2018 - 2025, all car's body panels will be replaced entirely by grill.

Vehicles
      R32/GTI 12V
      11-09-2011 06:16 PM #170
      -Problem (Solution)

quite worrying about air suspension and fix your ish

What would a flash do to a neglected car?
      When is the last time you changed the oil? or topped off the gear box?
      or even changed the brake fluid?

seriously- do the Haldex asap!!!! it is really easy to d-i-y
      you can borrow my Haldex wrench if you promise to return it.
      you are asking for problems that will make a one hour job turn into several thousand dollars.
      Finish it!

start work on the Aristo's pick one and finish it!
      move on to the next.
      you gotta start somewhere
      ain't going to do it itself.
      Best of luck man..

31. 11-09-2011 08:45 PM #171
      The "winter beater" theory never works. Winter beater ends up needing tires, muffler or something. My R32 was actually purchased to be a winter/commuter beater but I ended up liking it more than I thought I would.

32. 11-09-2011 11:26 PM #172
      Quote Originally Posted by Brake_Dust View Post
      quite worrying about air suspension and fix your ish

What would a flash do to a neglected car?
      When is the last time you changed the oil? or topped off the gear box?
      or even changed the brake fluid?

seriously- do the Haldex asap!!!! it is really easy to d-i-y
      you can borrow my Haldex wrench if you promise to return it.
      you are asking for problems that will make a one hour job turn into several thousand dollars.
      Finish it!

start work on the Aristo's pick one and finish it!
      move on to the next.
      you gotta start somewhere
      ain't going to do it itself.
      Best of luck man..
      Oh I got the wrench, event the fancy Schwaben one, just need to do it. And my car is nowhere near neglected. Basically it comes down to time and money right now. Two jobs and classes are a big time sink. More than anything I put that list in writing to give myself perspective of the "to do" list.

11-12-2011 10:27 AM #173
      The .:R is doiwn again. Front diff gone, took out trans case. Plates off, will replace broken parts, then it will be sold. I have loved this car, but I am finished. Bought it new in '04, drove it 156,000 miles. I AM DONE.
      GT35, HFC, Neuspeed exhaust. FK Silverline Plus X.
      Cleary Coachworks Clutch and Turbo Install.

11-17-2011 09:09 AM #174
      Photo from Cleary Coachworks
      Last edited by jessla; 11-17-2011 at 09:12 AM.
      GT35, HFC, Neuspeed exhaust. FK Silverline Plus X.
      Cleary Coachworks Clutch and Turbo Install.

Vehicles
      11-17-2011 09:31 AM #175
      I lost another grill. The passenger side this time.. I didn't think I needed to zip tie the side ones
      VRalliance #43

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast