Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with your .:R today?

Vehicles
      04 DBP VW R32T, 91 Honda Accord (Stolen) 01 Honda Civic (Daily)
      02-20-2012 08:50 PM #301

My car starts acting up when I'm in a complete stop, my lights flicker and yesterday my car turned off on me when I came to a complete stop....here and there the radio and all electrical stuff will turn off and turn right back on....PO told me that the alternator is brand new...idk what can be causing this....
      CCW | ///HPA MotorSports | LosGoonies.com | QuickStrip | WhanAB.com *IG - @romero3.2t*

It's not just a passion, it's a life style!

Vehicles
      2004 RS R32
      02-20-2012 08:57 PM #302
      My thermometer broke and my transmission mount is completely shot. Not a good day for my R

Vehicles
      2004 .:R32, 2012 GLI
      02-21-2012 09:28 AM #303
      Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green91 View Post
      Needs a new wheel bearing more than likely. Does it get louder when you turn in a certain direction?
      That's what I'm thinking. At first it wasn't all the time but now it's a constant metal to metal sound. And yeah it usually gets louder when turning..
      VRalliance #43
      Quote Originally Posted by DCJodon View Post
      My crayons smell like MK4s, please help.

Vehicles
      2004 RS R32, 2003 VW GTI 20th Anniversary
      02-21-2012 10:06 AM #304
      A ratlle coming from somewhere, sounds like the exhaust. Checked the cat heatshield, put the cable in there just in case it was, checked the flapper arm and clamped it out of the way just incase thats what the rattle was. Running out of ideas here! Maybe the cat itself :/ Anyone in SEPA wanna go for a ride and check it out!?

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 04:19 PM #305
      Quote Originally Posted by yocoop View Post
      A ratlle coming from somewhere, sounds like the exhaust. Checked the cat heatshield, put the cable in there just in case it was, checked the flapper arm and clamped it out of the way just incase thats what the rattle was. Running out of ideas here! Maybe the cat itself :/ Anyone in SEPA wanna go for a ride and check it out!?
      Is it all the time or just on cold starts?
      VRalliance #43

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 05:22 PM #306
      Quote Originally Posted by werdnakills View Post
      Is it all the time or just on cold starts?
      I didn't notice it until it started getting colder out. Seems to get a little less noticeable as the engine heats up but never totally goes away.

Vehicles
      02-22-2012 02:57 AM #307
      I didn't notice it until it started getting colder out. Seems to get a little less noticeable as the engine heats up but never totally goes away.
      I have the same issue with cold starts for about a minute but mine eventually goes away. It only happens with the flapper switch in the closed position though.

But since my switch stopped working and my flapper is always in the open position it doesn't make noise anymore... Masking one problem with another haha

Did you have the flapper mod before the problem started?
      VRalliance #43

Vehicles
      02-22-2012 10:08 AM #308
      I have the same issue with cold starts for about a minute but mine eventually goes away. It only happens with the flapper switch in the closed position though.

But since my switch stopped working and my flapper is always in the open position it doesn't make noise anymore... Masking one problem with another haha

Did you have the flapper mod before the problem started?
      I did the flapper mod the day i bought it in the home depot parking lot. That was in the summer and I never noticed the rattle. Since it has gotten colder I hear the rattle and thought it was the flapper being wide open and rattling against the little metal stop. I clamped it so they wouldnt touch anymore. Sooo now I'm not sure what the rattle is. I'd rather not take it to vw since they would charge just to look at it, but I think I need to. Hoping it is internal cat damage so I can get it replaced under warranty.

Vehicles
      02-22-2012 05:06 PM #309
      I did the flapper mod the day i bought it in the home depot parking lot. That was in the summer and I never noticed the rattle. Since it has gotten colder I hear the rattle and thought it was the flapper being wide open and rattling against the little metal stop. I clamped it so they wouldnt touch anymore. Sooo now I'm not sure what the rattle is. I'd rather not take it to vw since they would charge just to look at it, but I think I need to. Hoping it is internal cat damage so I can get it replaced under warranty.
      I was also thinking it could be coming from somewhere in the hangers or a loose heat shield.. but that doesn't really explain why the sound gets quieter as it warms up

But if you have a warrantee I'd definitely wanna take advantage of that
      VRalliance #43

Vehicles
      04 DBP VW R32T, 91 Honda Accord (Stolen) 01 Honda Civic (Daily)
      02-23-2012 01:02 PM #310

ECU needs a re-flash.

That is according to code 16985....
      CCW | ///HPA MotorSports | LosGoonies.com | QuickStrip | WhanAB.com *IG - @romero3.2t*

It's not just a passion, it's a life style!

Vehicles
      02-23-2012 02:51 PM #311
      I was also thinking it could be coming from somewhere in the hangers or a loose heat shield.. but that doesn't really explain why the sound gets quieter as it warms up

But if you have a warrantee I'd definitely wanna take advantage of that

Today is warm and now it's not doing it....wtf is it!?!?! haha

Vehicles
      02-23-2012 07:08 PM #312
      Yup sounds like we have the same issue... I'm planning on trying to figure out why my flapper switch isn't working this weekend I might have to re wire it then I'll see if I can figure out the rattling
      VRalliance #43

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 vw r32 _rip 1986 8v gti
      02-29-2012 09:17 PM #313
      so my car has been running great ... until today. it would drive fin but when i slow down a bit the car just dies like its been stalled out. any opinions on this problem?

Vehicles
      2004 .:R32
      03-02-2012 12:16 AM #314
      Car had a faulty coolant temp sensor since I got it. Was bogging today and has always had trouble on cold starts so I quit procrastinating and changed it to the green top sensor for about $10. When clearing the code I found I had an o2 sensor code. That will be my 3rd o2 sensor since I bought the car need

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      03-02-2012 09:43 AM #315
      VW really has getting finishes to stay on plastics down.

"Being in space was great, I had plenty of time to rub one out, which in space is great, but after a while it's like living in a snow globe" -Peter Griffin
      "You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love too. But, they got to pay." -Glenn Quagmire

Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32
      03-02-2012 06:08 PM #316
      Besides needing a little preventive maintenance (Haldex, rear diff, trans fluid), there are two things that are bothering me.

1) Damn airbag light due to high resistance in the driver's seat belt buckle.

2) Musty smell inside. I think I have a water leak even though I got the sunroof drains done a while back when the recall came out. Depending upon the angle of my car when parked, it seems water sits on the driver's door sill near the front and is possible leaking over the seal and getting the carpet wet. Hard to tell but I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow.
      2004 DBP .:R32
      OG since Sep 2004

Vehicles
      2004 VW R32
      03-02-2012 06:17 PM #317
      Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
      Besides needing a little preventive maintenance (Haldex, rear diff, trans fluid), there are two things that are bothering me.

1) Damn airbag light due to high resistance in the driver's seat belt buckle.

2) Musty smell inside. I think I have a water leak even though I got the sunroof drains done a while back when the recall came out. Depending upon the angle of my car when parked, it seems water sits on the driver's door sill near the front and is possible leaking over the seal and getting the carpet wet. Hard to tell but I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow.
      I had the recall done too, but I still get water in my hatch...
      Going to take care of that soon

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      03-04-2012 11:45 AM #318
      Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
      That is a designed in feature of the MKIV. If you don't have water inside the interior, you're not driving the MKIV.

Quote Originally Posted by fomin23 View Post
      I had the recall done too, but I still get water in my hatch...
      VW only hires the best techs $6/hr can buy.
      "Being in space was great, I had plenty of time to rub one out, which in space is great, but after a while it's like living in a snow globe" -Peter Griffin
      "You could whore yourself out to 1,000 fat chicks for $50 apiece. Or 50 really fat chicks for $1,000. What? Don't look at me like that. Fat chicks need love too. But, they got to pay." -Glenn Quagmire

Vehicles
      04 R32T
      03-04-2012 04:12 PM #319
      Goes sideways in second and spins a bit in third
      -JAMES-
      DRIVEN/Built /UM Turbo R - VR NATION

Vehicles
      2004 BMP .:R32
      03-09-2012 09:21 PM #320
      Got the pleasure of hearing a new noise today

Lol

If there is a whining, humming, and almost as if rubbing on something noise coming from the back, could it be the fuel pump?!? It sounds like a mini generator is running back there 
      The car is running, parked and not moving. The same noise is present when driving, and after driving and coming to a complete stop.

Noise occurs after driving, with a low tank, and even when I filled up completely tonight.

HELP please!
      Thank you
      WOOKIES IN THE WOODS 2014 GALLERY ©PDETPhotography
      WOOKIES IN THE WOODS 2013 GALLERY ©PDETPhotography
      PDETPhotography ©Paweł Dmytrów Esther Trueblood Photography
      PDETPhotography Facebook page
      2004 VW RS .:R32

21. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 .:R32 TR and 1995 dodge ram 1500
      03-09-2012 09:42 PM #321
      Quote Originally Posted by vdub_jetta View Post
      Got the pleasure of hearing a new noise today

Lol

If there is a whining, humming, and almost as if rubbing on something noise coming from the back, could it be the fuel pump?!? It sounds like a mini generator is running back there 
      The car is running, parked and not moving. The same noise is present when driving, and after driving and coming to a complete stop.

Noise occurs after driving, with a low tank, and even when I filled up completely tonight.

HELP please!
      Thank you

Well mang, your fuel pump is always running while the car is on regardless of driving/parked/low or full tank. It does make a little humming/buzzing sound. You should hear it when you open your driver door anyways, it turns on for a sec; primes for ignition. It's located under the passenger side back seat. So if that's where your sound is coming from that's it. Is it excessively loud or do you kinda have to listen? Fuel pumps are prone to failure in our cars. Mine went out a few months ago.

Vehicles
      03-11-2012 02:52 PM #322
      So I re-wired my flapper switch and it still doesn't work. have an of you heard of the actuator going out? I'm guessing it's something mechanical since all the wiring is how it should be
      VRalliance #43

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      03-11-2012 02:58 PM #323
      So I re-wired my flapper switch and it still doesn't work. have an of you heard of the actuator going out? I'm guessing it's something mechanical since all the wiring is how it should be
      Have you tried moving the flapper by hand with the engine off? It should move easily, at least with no vacuum on it. IDK how much vacuum is stored in the line when the engine is off, but when I had the stock exhaust out of the car the flapper moved easily by hand.

03-11-2012 03:50 PM #324
      Quote Originally Posted by autoxdriver View Post
      Don't drive it enough. 27K on odo...

i have 56k, stock. woot!

Vehicles
      03-11-2012 04:15 PM #325
      Quote Originally Posted by CaptainQualude View Post
      Have you tried moving the flapper by hand with the engine off? It should move easily, at least with no vacuum on it. IDK how much vacuum is stored in the line when the engine is off, but when I had the stock exhaust out of the car the flapper moved easily by hand.
      Yeah it moves pretty easily with the car on and off so i guess it could be a vacuum problem? As far as I can tell the hoses are all connected.

The flapper is stuck open BTW
      VRalliance #43

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast