Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Chattanooga Plant Tour?

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      07-19-2011 02:29 PM #1
      Hey guys I grew up in Chattanooga and I am currently planning a trip to visit the city. Being a VW enthusiast I would love to tour the new plant. Unfortunately I could not find any information online about tour dates, times, or even the possibility of a tour.

So my question is, Are tours offered at the new Chattanooga plant?
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Vehicles
      Indigo Blue B5.5 wagon (hers), Black B5.5 wagon TDI (his), 97 Passat GLX (his), 90 Corrado (his)
      07-20-2011 01:24 AM #2
      I'd like to know about this as well. I wonder about it every time that I see the Volkswagen Drive exit on my way to Alabama
      Check out some of my vortex feedback: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?952415

Vehicles
      Current VWs: 2014 GLI Edition 30 w/NAV, 2013 GLI Autobahn/NAV
      07-20-2011 10:42 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Volk14 View Post
      I'd like to know about this as well. I wonder about it every time that I see the Volkswagen Drive exit on my way to Alabama
      After taking a tour through the plant for our training, our VW Rep told us that they do not plan to offer tours to the public.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI DSG, 2006 Jetta TDI 5MT, 2009 4-door DSG GTI 4 SALE!
      07-21-2011 09:17 PM #4
      Check this out guys. This is probably as much of the inside as we'll see.

Inside the VW Chattanooga plant assembling the All-New Passat on Science Channels How Do They Do It?

Performance: APR Stage I | Carbonio Stage I | R8 Coilpacks | Hawk HPS | Michelin PSS.
      Cosmetic: License plate LEDs | Interior LEDs w/ red foot-wells | Smoked side markers
      Other stuff: VAG-COM | Valentine 1 | Full size VW Fast
      Previous VWs in no particular order: 2 MkIIs , 4 MkIVs, & 2 MkVs.

Vehicles
      Indigo Blue B5.5 wagon (hers), Black B5.5 wagon TDI (his), 97 Passat GLX (his), 90 Corrado (his)
      07-21-2011 11:15 PM #5
      That's very interesting. I was pretty impressed about how VWoA is recycling/using natural resources

We, modern society, need to pratice that a lot more, I think
      Check out some of my vortex feedback: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?952415

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta Wagon GLS 2.0L 5-speed, 2010 Routan SEL w/RSE
      10-07-2011 06:35 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnTT View Post
      After taking a tour through the plant for our training, our VW Rep told us that they do not plan to offer tours to the public.
      Bummer. I'm going to be down that way later this year and was hoping to tour the plant.
      I drive a wagon... even if you beat me, can you brag about it?
      - Mike (previosly vwsr2cool)

| 1000th Post | DodgeForum.com | Xbox Live: JETwagen |

7. 11-28-2011 01:18 PM #7
      I used to live in Hixson for a while, just a few miles from the plant. I plan to visit friends there and go on the plant tour with my older son. He should be able to get in as an employee of the VW enterprise in Switzerland. He works mainly on Audi electronics. However, as everybody else, he likes to see how everything comes together.

11-28-2011 02:39 PM #8
      I bet the building and the robots will be the most interesting part of the tour, Definitely not the cars.... LMAO!!!!

9. 12-25-2011 12:42 PM #9
      I went to the BMW plant at Spartanburg SC . Class act 7.50$ admission charge . Worth every penny . Why would vw not want people to visit their plant ? It generates huge goodwill. Hopefully their policy will change

Vehicles
      01 Jetta GLX VRT
      02-02-2012 03:15 PM #10
      wondering if they changed their mind yet... I'd love to see all this - but will settle for the Ultimate BMW Experience while I wait...

11. 06-20-2012 01:27 PM #11
      They DO have tours!

Twice a day. You need to EMAIL them at Tours@VW.com with the day you are interested in touring. They do not have walk ins yet. You must schedule. They only have like 16 people at a time

and its is FREE!

12. 06-25-2012 10:49 PM #12
      Good News Folks on Tours. Follow the email link to arrange a tour.

Inquiries from Facebook Fans:

Are factory tours available?
      • Yes, there are eight tours a week, Tuesday to Friday at both 9am and 1:30pm. You can email tours@vw.com to set up a time, but keep in mind that it’s usually necessary to book several weeks in advance.

Are there any plans for factory deliveries?
      • Not at this time, unfortunately. Vehicles can only be picked up at dealerships.

Any other plans for other models to be built in Chattanooga?
      • Not at the moment, but this is being considered as a future possibility. There are currently plans to increase capacity from 150,000 to 180,000 a year with the addition of a third team.

13. 06-29-2012 10:23 AM #13
      My company Creative Foam would like to know who supplies the interior parts to VW? Would you know?

Kevin Cox
      Account Manager
      www.creativefoam.com
      kmcox@creativefoam.com

Vehicles
      92 MKII VW Jetta GL+ 8v, 2002 Jetta GLS TDI, 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L Diesel
      06-11-2013 10:05 AM #14
      Sent them an email last night, here is the reply;

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us about touring our factory. Our schedule has changed a little bit. Typically, large groups book a tour about a month in advance, and smaller groups book a tour 2-4 weeks in advance.

Volkswagen Chattanooga currently offers tours Monday – Thursday at 9 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to groups of 20 people or less.

All participants must be at least 14 years of age.

The tour lasts approximately 90 minutes and there is no charge to participate.

Long pants and closed toe shoes must be worn. No skirts, shorts, flip flops or high heels will be permitted.

Once you complete and return the attached request form, I will reply with confirmation of your tour. I will also include driving directions and instructions for parking.

The tour guidelines that I have attached contain some additional information and should be distributed to all tour participants prior to the tour.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards - Mit freundlichen Grüßen
      Rachel Stimson
      Volkswagen Chattanooga Tours
      Email: tours@vw.com
      ...wonder if there is a gift store?

$150 for the driving experience and tour at the BMW plant is awesome, but I really want to see a VW plant; and it's FREE!
      Last edited by stuston; 06-11-2013 at 10:07 AM.