Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 249

    Thread: HPA Turbo R32 Wide Body/Color Change & Performance Enhancement Poject

    1. 09-08-2011 05:03 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by .:1of1500:. View Post
      Not sure it's the same car, but I remember someone posting them removed the R32 seats because they were a bit heavyset/too large for the Koenig bolsters, so they put the 20th seats in instead.
      Weaksauce. Until the start of this year I was 450-ish and I've been rocking the stock seats since I bought the car new. I did have to have the bolsters re-done (in real leather, natch), but that's it.

      (About 140lb smaller now, and so the seats are working even better!)

    2. Member Draxus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2009
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      2,413
      Vehicles
      MKIV DBP .:R32
      09-08-2011 05:35 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan View Post
      Weaksauce. Until the start of this year I was 450-ish and I've been rocking the stock seats since I bought the car new. I did have to have the bolsters re-done (in real leather, natch), but that's it.

      (About 140lb smaller now, and so the seats are working even better!)
      Thats a huge drop!
      Quote Originally Posted by BlownR View Post
      I have seen several open slots, usually after tequila. Wait, I think that's different.
      MKIV DBP .:R32 | Photo Gallery
      Projects | Custom Exhaust : It Begins | Solid MKIV Sub-Frame Mounts ||Build Journal| Draxus's GoKart

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-09-2011 08:59 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by rota92 View Post
      You going to part with the lobsters?

      of course

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-09-2011 09:00 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan View Post
      Weaksauce. Until the start of this year I was 450-ish and I've been rocking the stock seats since I bought the car new. I did have to have the bolsters re-done (in real leather, natch), but that's it.

      (About 140lb smaller now, and so the seats are working even better!)
      That real leather wont last one year if you drive it everyday. guaranteed.

    5. 09-09-2011 09:50 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by CH11#24 View Post
      That real leather wont last one year if you drive it everyday. guaranteed.
      What makes you say that? Real leather wears a lot better than pleather for sure.

    6. Member fouckhest's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2003
      Location
      Up on the Mtn
      Posts
      16,698
      Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      09-09-2011 11:15 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by CH11#24 View Post
      That real leather wont last one year if you drive it everyday. guaranteed.
      if you dumping this kind of $$ into this car you really going to drive it everyday?

      honestly if you have the cash to do what your doing this has to be a toy car i hope...

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2009
      Location
      Aurora, ON
      Posts
      1,253
      Vehicles
      mk4 vrt jetta
      09-09-2011 11:21 PM #77
      Phff daily drive it... If ur spending this.money enjoy.it

      Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

    8. Member fouckhest's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2003
      Location
      Up on the Mtn
      Posts
      16,698
      Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      09-09-2011 11:39 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by kneedraggin101 View Post
      Phff daily drive it... If ur spending this.money enjoy.it

      Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk


      enjoy it and daily it are 2 different things......

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2009
      Location
      Aurora, ON
      Posts
      1,253
      Vehicles
      mk4 vrt jetta
      09-09-2011 11:41 PM #79
      Not in my eyes... I've got a 500hp vr6 and a 1300whp camaro and I drive both all the time

      Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

    10. Junior Member .:R32VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2011
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      42
      Vehicles
      2004 HPA VW R32 3.2L Turbo
      09-11-2011 06:07 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      if you dumping this kind of $$ into this car you really going to drive it everyday?

      honestly if you have the cash to do what your doing this has to be a toy car i hope...
      I drive my super cars everyday. Granted I don't driver them in Winter. I personally would not buy or tune a car just to have as a garage queen. If you have the money to spend why wouldn't you drive it everyday.

    11. Member speeedfrk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 9th, 2004
      Location
      miltown, wi
      Posts
      2,572
      Vehicles
      12 Golf R, 13 Jetta, 67 Lincoln Continental
      09-11-2011 11:08 AM #81
      great ideas here...looking forward to seeing the results.

      pm me if you are looking to sell the lobsters. size, price, etc...


    12. Member fouckhest's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2003
      Location
      Up on the Mtn
      Posts
      16,698
      Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      09-11-2011 09:35 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by .:R32VW View Post
      I drive my super cars everyday. Granted I don't driver them in Winter. I personally would not buy or tune a car just to have as a garage queen. If you have the money to spend why wouldn't you drive it everyday.
      not the fact of driving them, the issue of stupid drivers everywhere around texting and not paying attention to driving....

      i hate driving my R, let alone my project car for that exact reason

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-12-2011 09:39 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan View Post
      What makes you say that? Real leather wears a lot better than pleather for sure.
      LOL

      first I never said anything about pleather. And yes leather wears out way faster than syntetic vinyl and believe it or not the factory seats in the R32 are not leather. Most manufactures don't use leather anymore because it is not as durable as synthetic vinyl and because you cannot tell the different between the two side by side its a no brainer.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-12-2011 09:40 AM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      if you dumping this kind of $$ into this car you really going to drive it everyday?

      honestly if you have the cash to do what your doing this has to be a toy car i hope...
      Lets just say the paint is going to be well protected after its all said an done.

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-12-2011 09:42 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      enjoy it and daily it are 2 different things......
      So your saying one can't do all this work and not enjoy it while driving it daily?

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-12-2011 09:43 AM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by speeedfrk View Post
      great ideas here...looking forward to seeing the results.

      pm me if you are looking to sell the lobsters. size, price, etc...

      Keep your eye out for them in the classifieds

    17. Member fouckhest's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2003
      Location
      Up on the Mtn
      Posts
      16,698
      Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      09-12-2011 09:48 AM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by CH11#24 View Post
      So your saying one can't do all this work and not enjoy it while driving it daily?
      im saying that "I" couldnt, or wouldnt, daily driving a car to me is driving it to/from work....which means parking near people who dont respect other peoples vehicles, parking it in a parking lot to bake in the sun...then possibly running the risk of some moron not paying attention while driving running into you....

      its not the fact of reliability or drive ability, it is all the other little things....i drove my black car to work very few times, and one of the last times it ended up with a door ding in my basically flawless shaved flat black doors...but now there is a quarter size ding in it....the worst part is/was, it was on the passengers side, so i didnt notice it for a week or so b/c i dont get into that side of the car, i back my car into my garage, so i didnt notice it till i went to wash the car....

      i build my cars to drive the piss out of them....but i would rather enjoy that on a nice mountain drive where i dont have to worry about some soccer mom putting on make up and talking on her cell phone running 15minutes late for work who has no regards in the world for my VW with $10k worth of body work done....

    18. Member JamesO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2006
      Location
      DFW, Texas
      Posts
      651
      Vehicles
      04 HPA R32T
      09-12-2011 10:17 AM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      not the fact of driving them, the issue of stupid drivers everywhere around texting and not paying attention to driving....

      i hate driving my R, let alone my project car for that exact reason
      While I understand where the anxiety of other less competent drivers stems from, I personally will not let fear dictate my actions. Also, I try to not be attached to a material object so much that the thought of losing it actually hinders my enjoyment of it.
      We are all on borrowed time.
      It's sad when you say that you hate driving your cars, cause that's what their purpose is. ESPECIALLY, if you have put the blood, sweat, tears, and money into building it.

    19. Member fouckhest's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2003
      Location
      Up on the Mtn
      Posts
      16,698
      Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      09-12-2011 10:40 AM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
      It's sad when you say that you hate driving your cars, cause that's what their purpose is. ESPECIALLY, if you have put the blood, sweat, tears, and money into building it.
      i dont hate driving my cars...i love driving them....i just do not like having to worry about everyone else, hence why i drive them when i do....i dont need to drive them everyday to enjoy them....to me having them be in good condition, clean, etc is half of the enjoyment for me.....also, when you have as much body work into a car as i do with my project car, if something does happen, the though of having to redo that work is aweful, there is always the fear of it not looking the same....when things get to be that custom, it gives new perspective...

      to each their own...sorry OP for the thread jack

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-14-2011 01:34 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      i dont hate driving my cars...i love driving them....i just do not like having to worry about everyone else, hence why i drive them when i do....i dont need to drive them everyday to enjoy them....to me having them be in good condition, clean, etc is half of the enjoyment for me.....also, when you have as much body work into a car as i do with my project car, if something does happen, the though of having to redo that work is aweful, there is always the fear of it not looking the same....when things get to be that custom, it gives new perspective...

      to each their own...sorry OP for the thread jack
      No worries bro.... FYI they have medication for your condition lol jk I understand where your coming from. We are all programmed differently inside.

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-16-2011 10:36 AM #91
      Alright, just updated the first page with some more pictures of the progress. Dash Board, Shifter, and E Brake all interior panels removed and dropped off at the interior shop. Dashboard is almost finished if not done already, and the head liner.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-16-2011 05:25 PM #92
      Fender and Rocker Weld/Fab work has begun!

    23. Member FUZZY86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2003
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      772
      09-21-2011 02:13 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      if you dumping this kind of $$ into this car you really going to drive it everyday?

      honestly if you have the cash to do what your doing this has to be a toy car i hope...
      who cares if he dailys it or not.....let the man build it for whatever he wants to do with it

      ....so many haters on this site

      progress is looking good Matt, cant wait to see it done
      Wide Body kit with those ADV1's.....sexy
      TURBLO-ME

    24. n00b VincyBunni's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2011
      Location
      maryland
      Posts
      1
      Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit, 99 GTI
      09-21-2011 05:00 PM #94
      its looking really good...

    25. 09-22-2011 06:53 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by VincyBunni View Post
      its looking really good...
      x2 Keep up the pics/posting OP - interesting to see its progress
      MkIV R32 Turbo - VR6 Specialists/TVS

    26. Member fouckhest's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2003
      Location
      Up on the Mtn
      Posts
      16,698
      Vehicles
      Danger Ranger
      09-22-2011 10:43 AM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by FUZZY86 View Post
      who cares if he dailys it or not.....let the man build it for whatever he wants to do with it

      ....so many haters on this site

      dude, if your going to comment read all the posts....i was not hating in any way at all....just expressing my views on driving a car a lot that has a TON of body work...i think i am allowed to comment seeing that i have one of the most well put together widebody mk4 VW's around....



      looking forward to seeing this thing done though!
      Last edited by fouckhest; 09-22-2011 at 10:46 AM.

    27. Member lazermkiv's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 27th, 2010
      Location
      S-Wood IL
      Posts
      1,049
      Vehicles
      MK4 Gti 1.8t
      09-22-2011 06:16 PM #97
      build,drive.break, build then drive some more
      Don't get mad, get rad

    28. Member JamesO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2006
      Location
      DFW, Texas
      Posts
      651
      Vehicles
      04 HPA R32T
      09-22-2011 07:55 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by fouckhest View Post
      dude, if your going to comment read all the posts....i was not hating in any way at all....just expressing my views on driving a car a lot that has a TON of body work...i think i am allowed to comment seeing that i have one of the most well put together widebody mk4 VW's around....
      I see your wearing "The Most Humble" pin…

    29. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      09-23-2011 01:11 PM #99
      Just picked up the dashboard, headliner and A,B, and C Pillars.

    30. Member JamesO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2006
      Location
      DFW, Texas
      Posts
      651
      Vehicles
      04 HPA R32T
      09-23-2011 01:16 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by CH11#24 View Post
      Just picked up the dashboard, headliner and A,B, and C Pillars.
      And you didn't post pictures of them yet?

    31. Junior Member .:R32VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2011
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      42
      Vehicles
      2004 HPA VW R32 3.2L Turbo
      10-04-2011 07:17 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
      And you didn't post pictures of them yet?

      +1

    32. Member Skela's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 25th, 2004
      Location
      Cypress, TX
      Posts
      3,414
      Vehicles
      2004 R32TT, 2005 Phaeton, 2011 A6 S-Line
      10-04-2011 09:56 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by .:R32VW View Post
      +1
      Nice stable of cars... and +2 on the pics...
      MkIV R32TT AWIC DSG

      My build thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...es-of-Skelator

    33. Junior Member .:R32VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2011
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      42
      Vehicles
      2004 HPA VW R32 3.2L Turbo
      11-11-2011 04:21 PM #103
      Last edited by .:R32VW; 02-24-2012 at 12:37 AM.

    34. Member JamesO's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 13th, 2006
      Location
      DFW, Texas
      Posts
      651
      Vehicles
      04 HPA R32T
      11-11-2011 04:28 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by .:R32VW View Post
      Thanks!

    35. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2009
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      1,441
      Vehicles
      RB MK6 Golf R, Red Audi A3 (wife's)
      11-11-2011 09:16 PM #105
      Interior is finally completed and will be installed when the body work is done. For now its all plastic wrapped and put into storage for now. Rear fenders are welded sanded sealed and primered. Rear fender flares that attach to the rear bumper are plastic welded, sealed, molded, sanded and primered as well. Side skirts have been mocked up but need to be extended to the front by about 12 inches. Front fenders are welded and ground to a smooth metal seam. They have a little work to be done at the bottom where they will meet the side skirts. Once this is done and they are sealed and primed, the front bumper flares will be next. In the mean time the jams and engine bay will be trimmed out.

      I have dozens of pictures of the interior completed and the rear bumper and rear fender flares ready for paint. I will post up the interior shots tomorrow and the body work monday.

      On a side note, the Tranny Peloquin and Rear Diff Peloquin LSD's have been installed.

    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •