Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: '96 A6 avant quattro HELP

Vehicles
      -'92 Audi C4 100S (GONE) -'96 Audi C4 A6quattro Avant - '95 Mercury Sable -'89 Audi B3 80quattro
      07-20-2011 02:54 PM #1
      I have several things I need help with:

HATCH
      I live in the US and therefore my hatch has the US license plate cutout but I would like to have a euro hatch on my car...particularly with the style of reverse lights like the S6's that are slanted vertically and parallel with the euro plate cutout. If anyone knows if it is possible to maybe take all the lights off the hatch and maybe there is a euro plate cutout??? I can bolt that on then buy euro lights??? I am not sure but I cant seem to find any euro hatches for sale so I could use some help!

S6 engine VS RS2 engine for swapping
      My car is a C4 obviously and I am aware that the AAN 5-cylinder trubo engines will fall right into place...but I was then told that the RS2 engine could be dropped in as well...does anyone know if this is correct; as far as working with same engine mounts, etc? Anyone know where I can find one for a good price? I have found a S6 motor for around $1800 several places already but no RS2 motors. Also, what transmission should I get if I decide to go with RS2 motor? should I only use RS2 tranny or would a S6 tranny work fine/better/worse?

Thanks for reading and if anyone can help...thank you ahead of time!!!

~Seth

2. 07-23-2011 01:57 PM #2
      i assume your Avant is an automatic....converting it to stick is too much money and hassle then swapping engines, wiring harnesses, exhaust, shifter, clutch pedal, etc...it's just not worth it in my opinion
      sell your A6, buy an S6...you'll be glad you did
      the RS2 motor is a euro only.....that being said you can "rs2" the AAN engine(turbo, exhaust manifold, injectors and software) but that's like $3,000.
      again....just buy an S6

Vehicles
      -'92 Audi C4 100S (GONE) -'96 Audi C4 A6quattro Avant - '95 Mercury Sable -'89 Audi B3 80quattro
      09-04-2012 01:11 PM #3
      Okay thank you. I wasn't sure if they even made the quattro avants in manuals and so i had been looking to see if they did, i would try and swap it into my car. Your input was helpful thank you
      - Seth the Sanchez