Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Air cooled chit-chat thread!!!

Vehicles
      00&01 Focus ZX3,01 Focus Wagon,00 Durango R/T, 89 Cabriolet, 77 Beetle, 70 Bus camper, 89 Fox coupe
      07-21-2011 08:23 PM #1
      Here you go. Open to "Air Cooled" Chit chat

Vehicles
      55 oval. 2014 CC
      07-21-2011 08:38 PM #2

J
      Quote Originally Posted by WideFive
      If you have to ask if it's a good trade... then it isn't a good trade.
      Quote Originally Posted by Schell R32
      ACW's aren't a watercooled APPLIANCE,it's a classic air cooled pile that takes money,patience and attitude to own it.
      http://www.facebook.com/VWLoosenuts?sk=wall www.cultwagen.com.

Vehicles
      68 baja bug (sold); 96 Jetta Gls (LY3D); 94 Jetta Gls (LB5T) parts car; 99 (mk3) jetta Gl (LN5Y)
      07-21-2011 08:40 PM #3
      Well... I suppose ill start.

8 can see the end of a good thing when it happens. This new found mass censorship, be it good or bad, is the first step in this forum turning into the samba. Soon post counts and join dates will overcome experience, and the aircooled thread will become the mk4 thread. For this reason, I don't plan to be a part of it anymore. I may check in from time to time, but I dare not post anything "offensive." To those of you who I don't talk to on other forums/sites, it has been a blast and an honor being on the forum together. I have learned a great deal, and I like to think I helped a few others along the way. That is what forums are really for, a bunch of people with similar interests chatting.

To the rest, crestfallen (kolben) signing off.
      Quote Originally Posted by SiDGh2 View Post
      ""I've never been to the junkyard just to look if they got anything new this week"

Vehicles
      00&01 Focus ZX3,01 Focus Wagon,00 Durango R/T, 89 Cabriolet, 77 Beetle, 70 Bus camper, 89 Fox coupe
      07-21-2011 08:57 PM #4
      When people start posting pictures with swears in them and attacking the management, in turn, me, the thread was no longer a chit chat thread.
      I'm only following the rules I have to as a moderator. You may gladly contact the admin who posted the sticky at the top of the forum if anyone feels I have gone outside my bounds as a moderator.

Vehicles
      '72 VW 1302 - Baja Champion SE; 2 '79 Fiat X1/9's
      07-21-2011 09:02 PM #5
      >A chit chat thread isn't a chit chat thread if the chit chat involved is directed at me in a derogatory way.

fixed that for you, CF

What does CF stand for, anyway? **** finger? Cow ****er? Content Force?

6. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      07-21-2011 09:20 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Daftendirekte View Post
      >A chit chat thread isn't a chit chat thread if the chit chat involved is directed at me in a derogatory way.

fixed that for you, CF

What does CF stand for, anyway? **** finger? Cow ****er? Content Force?
      No, let me fix that for you:

A Chit Chat thread that is breaking the rules (which include things like cursing and attacking the moderators) isn't allowed. Period.

You guys can choose to follow the rules or not follow them. If you follow them, everything is ok. If you don't want to follow them, you'll be shown the door.

This will be the end, please, of the insults directed at the moderators. As I've said several times, anyone with complaints about how the moderation is being done is welcome to talk to me about it.

Thank you.

-Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

Vehicles
      1999 gmc yukon
      07-21-2011 09:23 PM #7
      well it seems like the forum is now dying. along with crest, i feel like i might as well resign from comming here. i'll probably linger in the background for a while and see if things get better, but until then i really dont see much reason to come here. its pretty much just become a mess. i have asked quite a few questions and comments in the past few weeks that have only been devoured by the nonsense and unawnsered. i just signed up to cultwagen, i have the same username if anyone wants to befriend me there or on facebook if you feel compelled to. (pm me for the spelling of my last name) but until things get better, you probably will see less of me than usual.
      champagne taste with a beer budget.

Vehicles
      07-21-2011 09:30 PM #8
      I wasn't aware that calling a moderator names and making fun of his Gestapo behavior was attacking him.

I thought I was just chit chatting with my fellow compatriots in reference to his ridiculous notions of being the Web Sheriff.

I was under the impression that attacking usually involved physical force. As in, if I punched the moderator in the face for being a Webnazi if I find out where he lives and care enough to punch him (inb4 threats. Lolno, he's not worth my time to punch in the face. After all, he's not Bryce)

9. Vortex Media Group Staff Tim@VMG's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI Autobahn
      07-21-2011 09:34 PM #9
      You know exactly what I was talking about, and it is behavior like this that creates the need for a moderator in the first place.

In that post, you just compared him to the Gestapo and called him a Nazi. In the previous one, you used two different profane phrases to describe his username.

I think that the fact that you don't see the problem with that behavior is the root of the issue here, and it will stop now, please.

Thank you.

-Tim
      The artist formerly known as SilverSLC
      Forum Rules | How To Use vBulletin

VWVortex | Fourtitude | INR8 | Kilometer Magazine | Swedespeed
      "When you're traveling at lower speeds, and by lower speeds I mean anything under 120 miles per hour..." -Allan McNish

Vehicles
      1965 type 1 chassis car,1971 super beetle,2006 GMC crew cab Duramax,'04 mustang GT
      07-21-2011 10:14 PM #10
      this is the typical responses one gets on the internet these days Silver slc...kinda sad....

for those who don't wanna comply..leave

for those who truly enjoy helping others,are man enough to own a "call out", a "poke" or even a simple dig once in a while,suck it up...and post with reepsect,sonsideration and stop sounding like internet heros with keyboard muscle...this makes you sound immature and childish....

highschool is over we're all adults here...right?

....the samba is the samba,the funny thing is is no different anywhere,on any forum,on any chat room...it's the internet where everyone is either an expert or a key board hero...we need to just relax,enjoy the hobby,keep it on topic and ABOUT the hobby and save all the school playground bs for the other forums...it's about time we simply talked about the car,it's function and what were gonna get out of it.

so in a nut shell..I hated this place for years because of the childish,stupid name calling and internet heros with no talent trying to tell others they know ,what they are talking about and they don't own s--t.

there a few dudes on here that have their game and know their s--t and i applaud you guys for helping and throwing yor knowledge in...others just sit back and take it in and stop posting on here just to get a rise or a goo thread fight.

i ain;t going anywhere..there is some cool dudes and hopefulls for sure...let's all just relax and have fun with it.

Tim Scheller
      www.401restos.com
      www.401restos.com

Quit your complaining and do it right!!!

Vehicles
      1999 gmc yukon
      07-21-2011 10:28 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Schell R32 View Post

highschool is over we're all adults here...right?
      yeah... about that...
      champagne taste with a beer budget.

Vehicles
      07-21-2011 10:36 PM #12
      >highschool is over

Which means one thing.

College has JUST begun

Vehicles
      10 4 door Wrangler, 95 M3, 96 Avant, 01 Aprilia RSV, RIP Bugs and Corrados!!!
      07-21-2011 10:38 PM #13
      blah blah blah..everyone takes the interwebs to seriously...
      RIP 1.9L Lysholm Corrado (I8AVR6) and your Turbo charged sister (TRBRADO) 68 Baja and 64 slammed standard. Too many GTi's to count..

Vehicles
      1965 type 1 chassis car,1971 super beetle,2006 GMC crew cab Duramax,'04 mustang GT
      07-22-2011 07:33 AM #14
      yep...answer the questions make some funny comments and call it a day.

if you are a kid...don't act like a child....it's really quite simple.
      www.401restos.com

Vehicles
      92' cabby, 73'slammed standard, 69' BayWindow, 66' rag beetle
      07-22-2011 08:54 AM #15
      whoaaaaaa.......this place blew up in less than 24 hrs. WTF is going on here? how could the AC Chit-Chat get locked? It wasnt even that bad. This place is completely absurd, I could understand if it was a direct thread, but the Chit Chat? common now, other members can take a serious beating, but as soon as a mod gets whacked with a few comments its all over. Im not saying its ok for the amount of digs directed at other members but at least be fair. Its the internet, dont like it, go somewhere else, no reason to lock chit-chat threads. Issues and comments pass, you cant take anything personal and if you do its your own fault, which its looks like what happened.

My 73 hammered standard thread took a month to get locked and it was a complete mess and wayyyyyyyyyyyy worse in there before then, what gives??????

I dont get this place anymore.

Vehicles
      07-22-2011 09:22 AM #16
      yo gambino most of the black sheep are posting over at cultwagen.com.. your growing on me like a fungas so it wouldnt be the same if you werent around to make fun of. Go register. Loosenuts is a mod..
      RIP 1.9L Lysholm Corrado (I8AVR6) and your Turbo charged sister (TRBRADO) 68 Baja and 64 slammed standard. Too many GTi's to count..

Vehicles
      07-22-2011 09:37 AM #17
      mmmmm......dat sounds guuud, cannihavesum.....???

Pad be nice, or ima gonna tattle!

cya in a few
      Last edited by 4supreme2gambino0; 07-22-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Vehicles
      14 C7 A6 ,1965 TYPE 1, 1956 TYPE 1, 1948 SPLIT
      07-22-2011 09:47 AM #18
      Wow, God is good.... Pad and Gaybino have made amends!! Whats next Daft and Batman..

anyway I have no prob with a moderator every board has'em. I was on termpro for years and seen plenty of'em.

I do try to help guys when I know the answer, I'm no expert like a few dudes here. I dont give advice that I dont know anything about. I will crack jokes and mess with guys that start threads that have no idea whats going on. all in plain fun!

It's human nature, a Man thing, you get a bunch of guys together talking bout anything long enough and you will get the same results... we are all gonna talk chit at some point, and some will laugh it off, and others get al pissy. Look at our government right know....

WHERE IS DAN??? Hopefully working on the bus, and not out rollin in his cabby..
      Smile it will get Worse!!

Vehicles
      07-22-2011 11:16 AM #19
      yeah where is dan???? maybe he went on a trip around the greater new england area to find all the glass for his bus!!!

Vehicles
      07-22-2011 11:57 AM #20
      Either way, I will continue to enjoy vortex, regardless of the mods or enforcers. Makes no difference to me how they "regulate" an internet forum, I'm still going to go about my business as I please and see fit. There are still many very talented, very experienced, very educated vw gurus here and that is why I choose to stay. Knowledge is power and is what I truely believe.

PS---cultwagen looks fun and no doubt will get interesting. Figured I'd change it up a bit so the new ID there is Slo&Lo73.

And for all you eastern fellas out there......dont you and your aircooled just love 100 degree days with 70+% humidity? hahaha

Vehicles
      1970 Karmann Ghia, Mk2 Diesel Beast
      07-22-2011 12:39 PM #21
      I guess in an unmoderated forum sooner or later someone will get their dick hurt. Too bad it was someone with the power to lock everything down. Moderation in this forum will not effect me, but in a group this small it seems like overkill.
      Pelican club VIP

Vehicles
      14 C7 A6 ,1965 TYPE 1, 1956 TYPE 1, 1948 SPLIT
      07-22-2011 02:08 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by 4supreme2gambino0 View Post
      Either way, I will continue to enjoy vortex, regardless of the mods or enforcers. Makes no difference to me how they "regulate" an internet forum, I'm still going to go about my business as I please and see fit. There are still many very talented, very experienced, very educated vw gurus here and that is why I choose to stay. Knowledge is power and is what I truely believe.

PS---cultwagen looks fun and no doubt will get interesting. Figured I'd change it up a bit so the new ID there is Slo&Lo73.

And for all you eastern fellas out there......dont you and your aircooled just love 100 degree days with 70+% humidity? hahaha
      Gaybino ,My aircooled will continue to rest in my basement. state record heat index wed was 124. Got a car show this weekend but with a wife 36 weeks pregnant and 100 plus I wont be able to get the car out for that.
      Smile it will get Worse!!

Vehicles
      07-22-2011 02:32 PM #23
      Ill keep posting here as well.. I still post over in the Corrado forum, there is an awesome thread over there right now with all the guys who posted there back in the day.. Its hard to believe Ive been on this site for 10 years.. Most o fmy posts were in the g 60 tech forum, I was the "shell" of that place for a long time. I still pop over and see what crackin and answer a question or two.. Really the bottom line is alot of people take life way to seriously, unfourtunately what will end up happening is the traffic will slow down and the threads at the top will be pic threads of slammed air cooleds and chicks and bugs.. Thise are fine and dandy but its also a place to make friends, network and build relationships. On the vortex I have bought and sold well over 15K worth of stuff and made life long friends.. It is what it is but I wont stop saying what I want and if it eventually gets me the ban hammer, well thats a shame. Keep dubbin everyone.. Even Gaybino in his cabby!!

Vehicles
      55 oval. 2014 CC
      07-22-2011 03:31 PM #24
      See WTF did i tell you Mods? if you let Sh1t go for a day or so everyone will get back on track themselves.

See everyone has almost kissed and made up. leave $hit alone once in a while let us kids work out our own difference from time to time and we will eventually straighten up.
      J
      ACW's aren't a watercooled APPLIANCE,it's a classic air cooled pile that takes money,patience and attitude to own it.

Vehicles
      07-22-2011 06:01 PM #25
      Well said. Main point here is that we are ALL aircooled guys, and share a common passion regardless of where we reside and by nature we will work things out and govern ourselves, without the need for someone directing us to watch what we say.

Vehicles
      07-23-2011 09:59 AM #26
      ^^well said of both you dudes.
      www.401restos.com

Vehicles
      1971 Super Beetle, 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2014 Golf TDI Manual
      07-23-2011 01:56 PM #27
      You guys are lucky to even have a random chit chat thread

Vehicles
      55 oval. 2014 CC
      07-23-2011 03:55 PM #28
      What do you ever meen.

Let's see. Here's the one from regional PNW

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...it-Chat-thread

Considering the PNW area is the biggest area "most post of all forums" in the use. "Where in from". I'm not sure your statement is very correct really. Over 100 pages . WOW. That's a lot.

I think they are luck. We had 27 whole pages...
      Last edited by LooseNuts; 07-23-2011 at 03:58 PM.
      J

Vehicles
      07-23-2011 04:04 PM #29
      Thanks for making my point, that thread you posted is in the PNW forums, not in a car/model specific forum

30. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '72 Super BCSE, '71 Super (Project, not Owned), 2 1979 Fiat X1/9
      07-23-2011 04:18 PM #30
      Gentlemen.

Vehicles
      07-23-2011 04:27 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
      Thanks for making my point, that thread you posted is in the PNW forums, not in a car/model specific forum
      you have no point, its a forum regardless of where its located. we have a good scene here and a chit-chat thread that fits it perfectly.

Vehicles
      55 oval. 2014 CC
      07-23-2011 05:49 PM #32
      I was making the point that I don't want you think we are some misfits in the ACVW forum. You said we should be lucky. I was pointing that we are not the only is all.
      J

Vehicles
      07-23-2011 06:53 PM #33
      ^^ I'm with him...some of us take this hobby pretty seriously...

so when an air cooled chit chat thread turns into a bunch of guys bashing each other,the threads gonna get locked..on ANY forum.

it's kind of play on words thread anyways..it says "air cooled chit chat thread" but it's discription is "for whatever you wanna talk about"...so it isn't about air cooled it's about bulls--t....

...if your not talking about the cars and the hobby then why are we here?...

take a gander over at "yellowbullet.com" and check out that nut place....100's of threads and topics about hot rods,pro mods,drag racing you name it...then in the "thrash or be thrashed" section is insane.

at least here it's a little more chilled.
      www.401restos.com

Vehicles
      07-23-2011 08:02 PM #34
      What I am saying is you guys are lucky to have a thread for chit chat in ACVW forum, which I think personally is great (I was trying to get one for MK6 forums but the Big Boss shot it down lol)
      I think the Aircooled community is more than just about cars. The problem is when people come on here just to start trouble and things go down quickly which I think is sad.
      I think every model should have it's own chit chat thread for random talk, and as long as it's kept clean it is great.

35. 07-23-2011 08:09 PM #35
      so, now we have two moderators? and daft got banned for saying cow finger? hahahahaha

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast