VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Air cooled chit-chat thread!!!

96K views 2K replies 55 participants last post by  JDII 
#1 ·
Here you go. Open to "Air Cooled" Chit chat

#496 ·
no matter what i build i will only occasionally drive it. and who cares if it rains, that wouldent stop me. i'd drive it in the rain if i had to

and by cheaper i mean less expensive to redo because i dont need all the weather seals and interior etc etc

#497 ·

You'll think that until you fell rain at 55mph with no top, or the car acts like my baja and doesn't run for crap in the rain.

#498 ·
key words there is if i have to. i mean if i had to go on the highway i'd probably take cover but if i was just in town no problems.

on a seperate note, i found a guy willing to trade my bug for a dune buggy... the one problem is its auto stick. how hard is it to convert an auto stick pan to manual? i'd imagine all you really need to do is change the tranny pedals and install a clutch cable tube but i dont know.

#500 ·
after 72 i believe they had a tube.

thing isn't the rain bro' it's the way they drive...ever driven one?..they are all over the road,extremely light and even with a windshield and belts...f--kin death traps..owned 2 and they were super,super nice from the ground up...

but still a fiberglass body bolted to a pan...and with out the strength of th body being bolted down to it...they shake,bounce all over the place and drive like ass.

who the hell builds and autostick dune buggy? or is he giving you a chassis FOR the dunebuggy body to be bolted on?..if so you might wanna measure that thing and make sure it hasn't been cut or will need to be cut...it ain't forr the faint of heart getting involved in someone elses horror show.

#502 ·
X238473625367

I had one, fkn awesome to drive in the dessert of Arizona. Sucked like a$$ on the road as expand in shells post.

#501 ·
who knows whats going on. here's the link
http://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/2571442899.html

i know they're light, and will probably blow away in the wind but if it was so bad then they wouldent have made them.

and an autostick dune buggy is probably the stupidest thing ive ever heard. if you bump the shifter it goes out of gear. i couldent imagine off roading with it!

it's a kellison sandpiper xp1, and if done right they are badass. for example

i'm thinking gunmetal grey with two black stripes

#503 ·
"if it was so bad then they wouldent have made it"...That's what was said about YUGO's..You're like talking to a tree man.You ask about them and when someone who's owned and driven them tells you their opinion on them,you toss a stupid statement like that out.

Sure they're cool, but they're as practical as tits on a nun, and they drive like sh!t...it is what it is man.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vi...rder=asc&highlight=kellison+sandpiper&start=0

That's the build thread to the 1 ya posted. That dude (RIP) had some insane fab'n skills and a big wallet..you couldn't touch that car for a penny less than $20g.

If ya don't want to listen to honest answers man, don't ask the questions.

#517 ·
no, I went 2 years ago and got 1st in class. (was the only baja there:laugh:)
I have to be at school in the morning and it just wouldnt work with the drive. My uncle will be there. Red 69 ghia.

Have fun!

#513 ·
I was just reading a thread on Samba about new cars having/not having any bondo/filler on them coming out of the factory. Tim had a cpl posts in the thread,and some dude arguing that if a brand new car has filler on it it cant be sold in Ca. as new.

I know for a fact it's true, some brand new cars have filler, I watched a guy do it with my own eyes.
Now I don't know if that car went to Ca. or not, but I will bet my left 1 that there are cars sent to Ca. w/ filler...

Now we all know that Tim does the sheet for a living, and he's damn good at it..just look at the cars he's done,but you have to have the Samba Twits argue about something they obviously have no F'n clue about....I just needed to vent, cuz I'm not gonna waste my time posting over there,getting in a pissing match.

Yes...Brand spanking new cars leave the factory with body filler if needed.

#514 ·
who the Fook would think they dont. you think they are gonna throw away a 30k car with one ding on the rear quarter from some half watt that dropped a screw driver on it. what do you think they will do with the dent .

hmmmmm add 2 bucks worth of filler and send it on its mary way.

NAAAAAA throw away the car.

dumb a$$es

#521 ·
Look at that piss cutter taking up AC space...you should be ashamed bro!..:laugh:[/QUOTE
:laugh:As I said, like my piss cutter very much! And its gettin close to hibernation time for the baja anyway...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.