VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Bay shots with a little wire tuck...

97K views 529 replies 45 participants last post by  eddieflyinv 
#1 · (Edited)
So just tucked a few wires and removed some stuff...i like it simple and cleaner..not perfect, but fun

questions, comments? Send em

See less See more
#2 ·
looks good man! is that the carbonio CAI?

#4 ·
Figured I'd add a before for comparison

I relocated the little green and gray plugs by the timing chain cover, moved the harness going over the throttle body, and ran the injector harness under the fuel rail...and on the over flow tank, tucked the wiring under it, rather than where it routes around the top left of it...
And deleted the whole black metal bracket that the injector harness sits on

#6 ·
Thanks... Its very subtle I know...its actually a very generous amount of wiring to allow tucking and moving...when that turbo is slapped in, I'll get even more hidden

#14 · (Edited)
That little round thing in front of my coolant bubble is actually a bmw m3 alarm siren that I retro'd into my factory alarm. Its like a single tone with a high frequency piezo sound as it warbles... It'll be tucked into the fender this wednesday...i am currently running actually that siren as well as another single tone in the fender... I

I'm moving the battery as well. Getting an agm battery. That way I have more room for my TURBO intake piping
Edit: evap hose moved! Consider it done! That and I'm gonna try to see about the fuel lines. I worry about chaffing though considering the wind screen washer filler neck has been known to rub through...eh its an idea

#15 ·
FV-QR

Room for piping is overrated, lol. I kept putting it off, and never got around to getting the battery relocated. It's not really necessary, but it would make getting to things like the DV way easier. I wanted to move that, possibly the fuse box (too much of a hassle for what it's worth) and run a water-air IC there and totally cut out on having the charge piping go under the car to allow for maximum low.

#18 ·
Room for piping is overrated, lol. I kept putting it off, and never got around to getting the battery relocated. It's not really necessary, but it would make getting to things like the DV way easier. I wanted to move that, possibly the fuse box (too much of a hassle for what it's worth) and run a water-air IC there and totally cut out on having the charge piping go under the car to allow for maximum low.
Kinda my idea! Air/water cooler...but its kind of more effort and isn't the plan here to delete, move or hide things? Lol I think a big cooler would be pretty rad though...

#17 ·
As far as the fuel lines, Id just leave those alone unless you are going to upgrade your fuel system when you go turbo. I tried to use braided fuel line, but it isnt really bendable. Ill figure it out once I get the c2 mani and post a diy link here. :thumbup:

#19 ·
I will post up a shot of the tucked harness on the chain cover...i moved the harness under the upper rad hose. Its under there and left the water temp sensor on top..pics to come

#20 ·
Ok tucked under upper rad hose

This is the harness under the t/b

Going to route the vacuum under as well and the sai by the chain cover might go under when the c2 kit is installed

#23 ·
FV-QR

You should polish the charge piping... !

Oh, with the Idea I was running with is that the water-air IC would be run with the fuse panel still in place. I just had to re-clock the turbo and run a different intake setup. I mainly wanted to do it so I could run a cold air intake for it and have a decent cooling system when I'm stuck in traffic in nasty FL/GA weather.

#25 ·
I used white polishing compound on some wool bobbins and felt bobbins. A few sections with a flannel wheel, then rubbed it down

#27 ·
Ha ha yeah I want to cut it flush and re weld it so its shorter... But I am pretty sure that it could only lose an inch...
I'm messy with fluids lol...
It'll be ditched soon enough... might just keep it around for adding oil, but take it off for daily driving.

#30 ·
Got my new battery today, just got to get my cabling. What size is kosher for boot mounted batteries? I'm thinking 2 gauge or 0 gauge. I am thinking i will use a fusible link up in the bay just in case of a collision do I dont have a hot wire exposed... 250 amp fuse? 0 gauge wire? Anyone have suggestions or advice.please post pics of your battery relocation

#31 ·
Keep the oe battery handy, charged and ready for winter. When its cold relocated batteries that have been moved to a unwarm area drain like a motherf*cker, and never wants to crank over the starter. Those down south that have the relocation dont have to worry about it, and I would recommend one of those thermal covers to help a little bit.

When I had my dsm I brought the battery into work with me every day, and inside my house every day, because my odyssey would die in a 7 hour shift. So thats a winter option as well just use quick release terminals

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.