VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Bay shots with a little wire tuck...

97K views 529 replies 45 participants last post by  eddieflyinv 
#1 · (Edited)
So just tucked a few wires and removed some stuff...i like it simple and cleaner..not perfect, but fun

questions, comments? Send em

See less See more
#80 ·
But I would use 16 or 14. Because longer wires have more resistance. Not gonna cause problems though...whatever you find will be ok

#84 ·
Looking good!
The only reason I decided not to run this way.was first because its a huge undertaking.and second I was worried about collision from debris and what not. Also once I have my fmic it'll be tight in there. But from the looks of it, it is protected and looks really nice!

Glad to have helped!

now go finish it!

#86 ·
I've been trying to figure out a way to delete my ac and have the alt moved down in it's place. I never use ac.

Or I was considering just tearing out the internals of the ac. I
Think the ac lines are nice though at least they are hardlines and clean in the bay. However I have no need for them.
Plus removing it would allow a better fan to be placed on the rad. That could then be controlled via the ac button in the car.

#88 ·
Looking good man!

Just moving the harness by the radiator hoses really cleans things up...I've gotta post some recent work I think

#90 · (Edited)
You can...kind of...
You will run kinda weird. Start up is rough, you'll get a cel and fuel trim would be off... Its nothing super bad, but should be tuned out because your 2nd o2 will be freaking out
Edit...by weird...i mean different start up...again nothing bad though...i should have clarified

#91 ·
You can...kind of...
You will run kinda weird. Start up is rough, you'll get a cel and fuel trim would be off... Its nothing super bad, but should be tuned out because your 2nd o2 will be freaking out
um, maybe on a turbo'ed car.
on my NA, this is what happens:

as you can see, SAI was disconnected and the hoses removed.

Vag com shows 2 codes for the 2 disconnected SAI sensors.

it gets a lil rich on cold starts...

once its warm, its all back to normal at around 14.7... no fuel trim nor AFR issues.

but its all good. other than the cel, the car runs fine.

#92 ·
Hmm so afr gets pissed but goes back to normal once the cat warms up?

When I ran without mine it went wonky on fuel trim...not bad, but still notable...

#102 ·
Dont get rid of those, everyone loves nipples hahaha:p

#103 ·
I have those to play with inside the house lol! On a car it just bugged me that my car always looked cold! Lol

So a little nippendectomy was in order. Also got the valve cover nips taken care of with standard length bolts

#104 ·
hey Tyler, that easily visible hose off the intake by the TB on your previous intake is the one where I replaced the c2 hose with the ford focus coolant hose. Mainly cuz with the c2 kit it rubbed through on the battery tray and always got yanked out under hard acceleration with stock mounts. My car finally got finished on Thursday and my parents are gonna drive it up from Texas when they come up for Thanksgiving so we definitely gotta meet up. Looking like I'm gonna be working for the Monroe O'Reily's here soon so if you don't mind the trek up I should be able to help you out with parts for whatever. Can do outside buys on stuff not carried in stock plus I still got all my parts connections from working for the speed shop in Texas. In short I'm gonna make that O'Reily's be the place to come for parts if you don't like dealing with inept kids working the counter.

#105 ·
Dude thats what I like to hear! Thanks dude! Yeah ok I gotcha so on the throttle body you were able to get a clean shot through. Now I have a smaller battery and tray, should I worry?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.