I have more updates
But they will have to wait...
lookin good as alwasy man, awaiting the remainder of updates
:HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS:1:4.9 VulcanWorks SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits 1.8l20vAEB3651GonzoFerrera1000cc1552.billet3071rSE M80mmAWIC.H&R.PagParts.Snow034clutchmasters.IE.198 4JettaGLi
Thanks for the props everyone
Its been a LONG road so far
Now seeing as the chassis is at the sand blast spot (return eta feb 1st.....)
I have begun the parts building process
This is the water flange on the driver side of the cylinder head
Its now monoblock > 16AN
Last edited by Trakmasta; 01-09-2012 at 03:13 PM.
| Stage 3 B5 S4 | MkVI GLI | B7 A4 Avant Ti |
Ross Machine Racing Intake
Upper Water Flange > -20AN
I added matching -20AN fitting on it as well
Made a bracket for the 4 post waste spark coil pack
Plan is to mount it to the bottom of the intake
PCV "vent" made from a 16v dizzy block off plate
Sorry for the sh!!tty phone pics....
but it keeps it easy
Ordered some supplies from online metals
3/16ths' Chromoly Plate for the front control arms
TWO 1.5X2.5X13" @ 3/16ths' for the last of the structural framing
TWO 1/2X1/2X24" @ 1/8th wall for the tilton pedal bracket
Found the proper hardware at McMaster Carr
Fine thread 3/4-16 Shouldered - Washered Hex - 1 5/16" - Grade 12.9 - "Hot Dipped"
AND some hardened grade 12.9 Drive Axle > Output flange Allen bolts
Now if I could only make some sense of 2.25" AND 2.75" Hydraulic fittings/hoses
I though I was going for it with AN fittings on all my fuel lines & swirl pot - you're REALLY going for it with the coolant too - love it! Inspirational!
Following your progress with the control arms Are they 'just' some sort of conventional turnbuckles - not a critiscism - just wondering if I can do the same...
Ill have some pic up when i get to building those
And yea thats just a turnbuckle for now
I was concerned about it when I ran it on the previous setup....... ZERO issue for me
I have it plumbed direct from there to a "T"
One of the other sides is from the PCV plate on the front of the block
The outlet side of the "T" fitting then went to the catch can....
The new plan is to use THIS and ditch the catch can if possible
Theres MUCH talk on if it works or not... Good or bad or not...
Im going to try and see if it works for me
Ill adjust as needed once its up and running if its an issue