Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Jetta wolfy VR build

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-11-2012 07:10 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by BiH View Post
      btw what did you do with the oil dipstick?
      Wedged it right where yours is.

I got those Gruven fuel line holders. They're useless for my setup as my lines aren't there anymore.
      Its still pretty close. You gotta take the engine movement in to account. The PS of the SRI will hit that little corner. Looks good BTW
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife
      Kicks...Clothes...Cars...Ho's...THINGS I DO BEST!

Vehicles
      1990 JETTA VR6, 2003 JETTA 1.8T, 2010 TOUAREG TDI
      03-11-2012 09:19 PM #107
      yeah I was just going thru your thread and I see yours hits the rad support but mine has some clearance. I wonder if a solid front mount is the reason why my sits lower. I also have a corrado K-frame.
      I need to get a FPR too, had a FL like yours and sold it. do you have a return line or no? I cant see it in pics!
      I do work on cars, anything short of engine and transmission rebuilding can be done. welding, custom and aftermarket as well as regular repairs. IM me for details, shop is in WOodbridge.

Vehicles
      03-11-2012 09:26 PM #108
      what I did today!

BMW battery cables and hot point!
      I do work on cars, anything short of engine and transmission rebuilding can be done. welding, custom and aftermarket as well as regular repairs. IM me for details, shop is in WOodbridge.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-11-2012 09:39 PM #109
      On the fuel rail, no. I like how one line looks. I think Miguel shortened them up a bit. I mentioned it to him when i had the problem. My SRI was one of the first made. All VR k-frames are the same. MK3, Passat, Rado. The FL FPR has been holding up. Responds well when it needs to raise the fuel when under boost & its nice they come in different colors.

Get your boost tubes done instead of going the route i did piecing it together with a million clamps. It becomes a big headache when a connector pops off. I blew the entire bottom tube off the car today after gunning it down my block. Soon as it hit 10 psi i head POW & saw the tube tumbling behind me. I'm trying to narrow my connectors to around 4-5 (vs 9-10 i have now). I was suppose to be temporary & after this being the 4th time this happened, i gotta get them done.

Hit up Jeff Bynum for a coilpack bracket & mount it under the intake. It will clean it up a bit more.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife

Vehicles
      93 golf: gone, 86 jetta: sold 90 b3 wagon 82 caddy
      03-11-2012 09:44 PM #110
      good update man that looks great
      Eva: 90 b3 wagon

96 4dr aba golf

Vehicles
      03-11-2012 10:39 PM #111
      do you have the tubes beaded? I had one of my connectors pop off a IC in my mk4 1.8t once when I was under full boost and the tubes where beaded. I think I just didnt install it right, never did it again.

Im still undecided as to what to run as IC, a front mount (which I have now) or a water/air IC.

did you replace all of the fuel lines with braided?

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-12-2012 12:29 AM #112
      From pump to engine its braided. I also ran my filter before the pump. This way there's filtered gas going through the pump.

I would personally go with the FMIC even though the AWIC is more efficient & you'll shorten up the tubing greatly. The reason why i didn't go with an AWIC was 1st, the cost & 2nd, didn't wanna clutter the bay. I ended up getting a NOS VWMS/Seat Motorsport FMIC made for a 650hp Rally car so figured it would suit my needs. I had planned on going with w/m from day one, which will out perform & cheaper then any AWIC.

Wrap that heatercore hose nearest to the turbo. It will burn right through that silicone.

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 07:15 AM #113
      is that walbro pump you got? how loud is it?

FMIC it is, water/meth was one of those to do things as well. looks like im working long shifts again, one of my employee's seems to have gone missing!

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-12-2012 08:41 AM #114
      Bosch 044 & its pretty loud. I don't notice it much anymore though. I plan on getting a submerged tank for it in the near future.

Vehicles
      03-12-2012 03:45 PM #115
      Got bored at work today.... this is one of my work trucks

Vehicles
      03-13-2012 11:58 PM #116
      ordered a few items, still gotta order a headspacer and arp studs. wasnt really planning on doing the turbo at first but what tha hell.

I think the FMIC I have is 3" core and its kinda thick, I hope I can fit it behind the mk2 big bumper. I also still have to deal with the radiator problem, looks like the mk3 might be my only option which pisses me off as I sold my mk3 samco kit.

hope to get some free time this week after work as its been really nice! stay tuned

Vehicles
      03-14-2012 12:02 AM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by X37 View Post
      I think it needs a Bosnian plate or a little zastava na ogledalu. Haha dope project man!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
      whoa, how did I miss this. I got few flags, and infact on is on the mirror unless I moved it. hah

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 11:11 PM #118
      I have this catch can that I was going to use for my mk4 jetta but that project has been on hold for long time now.

mounted the manifold and then realized I have no bolts to mount the turbo to the mani.

nice sized fmic

T67 turbo

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-16-2012 02:21 AM #119
      Big on the the turbo choice. Good for 750hp. Make sure you get an oil restrictor. ATP sells one just for the T67.

Vehicles
      03-16-2012 07:45 AM #120
      yeah I saw that on your thread, didnt see it in my kit so was gonna look around to see what I need. I got some shaft play tho and being journal turbo I would think I can rebuild it, no?

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-16-2012 09:42 AM #121
      yeah I saw that on your thread, didnt see it in my kit so was gonna look around to see what I need. I got some shaft play tho and being journal turbo I would think I can rebuild it, no?
      How bad is the shaft play? Rebuild kits are pretty cheap & there are tons of instructional video's around so i don't see why you couldn't rebuild it yourself.

Vehicles
      03-16-2012 10:07 PM #122
      its not that bad actually, its not hitting anything when I wiggle it and it doesnt feel any worse than my 7.3 powerstroke turbo that I rebuild few months ago. infact the shaft play felt the same after rebuild and I thought it would be all tight. I put it all back together anyway and its been runing just fine since and boosting 12psi. there is no side to side play.

I think im gonna leave it as it is for now and see how it goes. I also decide to go with air/water IC. frozenboost.com has some decent prices and I just dont need a huge IC. It will make the boost pipes much simpler and easier to make.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-16-2012 10:17 PM #123
      Are you gonna go with a heat exchanger too? By far the best route. I went with looks more so then efficiency. I didn't wanna clutter up the bay.

Vehicles
      03-16-2012 10:34 PM #124
      ohhh yeah gotta get that. I already have a heat exchanger infact as I bought a kit for my mk4 and at some point when I was moving parts around I got the IC bent at inlet, tried to bend it back with a bit of hammer action and broke a piece off, got pissed at it and smacked it with hammer damaging it even more. later on I was even more pissed off when I realized the broken piece could have been welded back.

I ordered a head spacer and ARP undercut studs. I also ordered the braided clutch line from USP.

still deciding on what boost controler to use (leaning towards Greddy profec B) and which AFPR (leaning towards Aeromotive) so those got to be ordered.

I also have a Walbro pump intended for my mk4 project that I might use for now. I will build a box for it and have it lined with sound deadener, I heard your FP in your vid, thats damn loud!
      I have this fuel filter also, bought it from speedmax guys one year at waterfest. not sure what to do with it, plan was to use it in mk4 and have the whole fuel system plumbed with braided lines. I think its a -10an size, kinda large.

Vehicles
      03-16-2012 10:35 PM #125
      this is the FMIC I have, precision core 3" thick. I just didnt wanted to relocated my oil cooler exchanger.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-17-2012 02:21 AM #126
      I don't really notice the FP much anymore except on start up. Occasionally it might gurgle. I thought about getting a submerged tank but for the money, i can live with the noise.

I had planned on a Profec aswell but i opted for a HDI boost controller. It's been getting great reviews. rawk even has one for his turbo project. Mine is digital though.

As for the fuel lines...ummmm...yea...-10 is a bit to big lol. Some do -6 feed & -8 return. I just used -6 throughout. I think a Gold/Black FL FPR would look nice in the bay with some black line & fittings.

BTW i think that FMIC is only rated up to 350hp.

Vehicles
      03-17-2012 11:59 PM #127
      have you seen this? Im thinking about the surge tank, as it quiets the pump a lot and helps with starvation.

http://www.034motorsport.com/fuel-in...k-p-21527.html

23. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      03-18-2012 12:11 AM #128

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-18-2012 12:34 AM #129
      I was seconds from ordering the 034 submerged tank. 3 reasons why i didn't. To much money. To much money. To much money. A set of 15's will soon drown out the pump.

Serious though, that requires you to mount it inside the car. There's a guy here running one in the spare tire well. A bit overkill for what i'm running.

Vehicles
      03-18-2012 10:10 PM #130
      mounted the turbo, gotta mock up the boost pipes and order a air/water IC.
      reused the stock heat shield, some trimming and it fits fine. once thats done, gotta take it off and have some stuff powdercoated and some ceramic coated.

My Bosch green top injectors.

Went to a local yard hunting for some parts. found a crossmember off a B3 passat VR6. I hope this can work for a new radiator, gonna order a new one sooon.

we saw this sitting on a mound of dirt.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-18-2012 10:19 PM #131
      don't forget to cut off the tow hook. Also, if you can, get the DP thermal coated. You will never need to wrap it again. Adam (eurosportgti) did mine and its the coolest part in that area. I'm gonna have him do my exhaust housing.

Edit: with the T67 you can drive around all day without ever getting into boost. Little laggy but its makes up for it up top.
      Last edited by Capt.Dreadz; 03-18-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Vehicles
      03-18-2012 10:55 PM #132
      yeah I was thinking I might need to cut that off. and yes DP is going to get ceramic coated as well.

I just mentioned the same thing to my friend today when he was comenting at how big the turbo is, that I can drive around normaly all the time without it being in boost untill I floor it. cant wait to see how it ends up.

btw mk3 vr radiator will fit that cross member? did you use just the radiator half of the crossmember or both pieces?

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-18-2012 11:19 PM #133

btw mk3 vr radiator will fit that cross member? did you use just the radiator half of the crossmember or both pieces?
      bolt right up. You're gonna need the hardware to mount it though. The Passat lower subframe is the same so you're not gonna need it. You won't need the 2 pieces that slide into the ends of subframe either. I was gonna fab up a mounting point for the top but its solid enough just bolted to the lower part. You'll have plenty of room after & if you decide on an heat exchanger for your AWIC, you won't be restricted to size.

Today was the first time my boy got a ride in it and on our way to Import day when he said it had no power. I normally switch gears right as it starts to build boost so there's hardly a sound coming from the BOV. When we were leaving, there were a few nice rides to run with (Nicely modded RX-8, Genesis, 350z) and he got a chance to feel the power he claimed it didn't have. And i only had it set to 12 psi. He said the same thing. Its good to in that i can drive it without unleashing the power.
      Last edited by Capt.Dreadz; 03-18-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Vehicles
      93 golf: gone, 86 jetta: sold 90 b3 wagon 82 caddy
      03-19-2012 08:54 AM #134
      looks like its comin along great man

that turbo looks sexy in that bay
      Eva: 90 b3 wagon

96 4dr aba golf

Vehicles
      03-19-2012 08:25 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by db3ck View Post
      looks like its comin along great man

that turbo looks sexy in that bay
      thanks, I thought the same thing when I steped back after bolting it in. that manifold used weird bolt size, M10 and 1.25 thread. never had to use that thread pitch in that size, thankfully ACE hardware usually has a large selection of bolts.

Vehicles
      03-19-2012 08:33 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      bolt right up. You're gonna need the hardware to mount it though. The Passat lower subframe is the same so you're not gonna need it. You won't need the 2 pieces that slide into the ends of subframe either. I was gonna fab up a mounting point for the top but its solid enough just bolted to the lower part. You'll have plenty of room after & if you decide on an heat exchanger for your AWIC, you won't be restricted to size.

Today was the first time my boy got a ride in it and on our way to Import day when he said it had no power. I normally switch gears right as it starts to build boost so there's hardly a sound coming from the BOV. When we were leaving, there were a few nice rides to run with (Nicely modded RX-8, Genesis, 350z) and he got a chance to feel the power he claimed it didn't have. And i only had it set to 12 psi. He said the same thing. Its good to in that i can drive it without unleashing the power.
      umm what hardware, radiator I took off was just like mk2, used two pins to hold it in the subframe. I didnt even take the two pieces that slide in the sides. and when you say the top point you mean the third most foward bolt that passat uses? I was wondering what to do with that.

now Im gonna have to redo the oil cooler brackets. Im sure it wont be too much work redoing it. I also have to get two coolant lines as the corrado radiator is a bit different. might just two stock ones from junk yard for now.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-19-2012 09:39 PM #137
      Yea, rado is different then the mk3. The lower is to short. As for the hardware i mean the bolt & rubber spacer from an mk3/passat.

Vehicles
      03-19-2012 11:20 PM #138
      yeah I just remembered that the mk3 vr radiator uses a bolt and a rubber bushing with some threaded spacer if I remember right.

btw got home and there was a package at door. my new clutch line came in, and I couldnt wait so installed it at 8:30 night. gotta love working on car at night.

I also made a cardboard cutout of a A/W IC to see how could I fit it. it seems like it will be just enough space there.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      03-20-2012 12:56 AM #139
      Where'd you get that line. Been looking for one for the longest.

Vehicles
      03-20-2012 08:07 PM #140
      USP motorsports has them, they made them first for the MK4's and thats how I found out about it. every now and then they would have a sale on them.
      http://uspmotorsports.com/product_in...roducts_id=467

early corrado would have a bonjo bolt at master side.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast