tested some of the welds with my 10lb hammer. Some failed. Maybe they were just tacked on I guess. But I went over all of them. Not that my flux core snot rockets are amazing. But I'd rather it be my welding that fails...
Not amazing looking, but good penetration. Hopefully strong enough. If not I have a buddy with a TIG. But, I'll run this till it breaks.
Started taking stuff off.
This is 87 lbs of stuff gone, and that's only 1 side, and didn't count the tie rod.
(rotor, caliper, shafts, spindle, hub in a rubbermaid container = almost 90lbs)
boring cleaning and painting BS. got some parts piling up though. Picked up 8 used heims, 2 used small body JJ's, some steering tubes, and some other crap. Also scooped up 20' of 2"x2"x1/4" at the local mennonite machine shop.
60 stub shaft vs. 30 stub shaft.
And as I finish rebuilding the front, and piling up parts, in the late evenings I crack a beer and seriously over think this...