Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 795 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 19872

    Thread: The Official Singles Thread

    1. 08-05-2011 03:29 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      I wasn't trying to be a wise-ass, I just know that when you're looking...that desire is communicated through everything you do. Everyone can tell and to some that comes off as desperate.

      Being happy with your life, your self, how you do things, oddly enough attracts people to you. I've noticed that personally...I'm attracted to women that don't need a man in their life. I like that strength. And I've begun to develop that myself.

      I don't need a woman to make me happy, but I'll always want someone to enjoy my own personal happiness with.

      Very rarely do good people end up alone.
      Good stuff

      To reply to the "how to meet girls" conversation, it helps to "do what you enjoy" but it nearly always needs to be a social, unisex activity.

      You won't meet girls playing WOW in the dark.
      You likely won't meet girls doing manly activities like hunting or the like.
      Whoever mentioned kickball... that's a fantastic extra-curricular!
      NEVER neglect a potential friend because theyre not hot... even ugly dudes may have hot female friends
      Quote Originally Posted by MotownSVT View Post
      There's a larger collective IQ in the load I blew down the shower drain this morning than behind the counter at any Starbucks within a 10-mile radius of my house.

    2. Member Twistedsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2004
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      1,267
      Vehicles
      08 S2R1000 Ducati Monster
      08-05-2011 03:37 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by PolskiHetzen View Post
      While I do agree that you have to be yourself, and that doing things you love is the right way to go, you still have to put yourself out there. I don't want to hate on you, but you've only met one girl in that entire time and that it didn't work out. I'm guessing not many girls go to the shooting range. You really do have to be social, go out to bars, clubs or parties to meet people.

      And I'm there with you. I like cars, accounting and the gym. Not much going on there in terms of females. I've had to put myself out of my comfort zone to meet new people.
      haha It did work out. I am still with her... And I met other girls before that, but I was just at the point where I was wanting more than just a fling... I am ridiculously picky and basically figured what I wanted in a woman was unobtainable and I would stop worrying if there was the "right" woman out there for me and just started focusing on what was in front of me...
      Shortly after that me and this girl started grabbing lunch together and then out of no where it turned into something great.

      Also I do other things besides going shooting too but my point is just to do what makes you happy... If thats shooting at the range with friends sure... women prospects there arnt the greatest haha or join a club, build a home for the needy lol Just pursue what will bring a smile to your face and it will happen.
      Quote Originally Posted by Motorwerks View Post
      Its not just AR15.com.... its the rest of the internet.

    3. 08-05-2011 03:41 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Twistedsix View Post
      Just pursue what will bring a smile to your face and it will happen.
      I'm still not sold on that. I do believe that you should do what brings a smile to your face, I just don't think it'll lead to meeting girls for most people. Like a few posts above, playing WoW likely won't get you laid. I bet there are a few people who have met playing, but that's the exception, not the rule.

      If what you love doing is a social activity, where men and women participate, than yes. If it's an activity you do alone, or only with other men, than it won't. Unless you're looking for a guy. Than sure.

      but to you. I wish there were cute single girls at my work
      Last edited by PolskiHetzen; 08-05-2011 at 03:43 PM.

    4. Member Twistedsix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2004
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      1,267
      Vehicles
      08 S2R1000 Ducati Monster
      08-05-2011 03:54 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by PolskiHetzen View Post
      I'm still not sold on that. I do believe that you should do what brings a smile to your face, I just don't think it'll lead to meeting girls for most people. Like a few posts above, playing WoW likely won't get you laid. I bet there are a few people who have met playing, but that's the exception, not the rule.

      If what you love doing is a social activity, where men and women participate, than yes. If it's an activity you do alone, or only with other men, than it won't. Unless you're looking for a guy. Than sure.

      but to you. I wish there were cute single girls at my work
      Yeah, when I type do what makes you happy I mean out socially, not playing wow or call of duty... haha
      Quote Originally Posted by Motorwerks View Post
      Its not just AR15.com.... its the rest of the internet.

    5. Member EUROBORA8V's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2005
      Location
      Moscow, Russia/Los Angeles
      Posts
      5,950
      Vehicles
      03 Bora Variant 1.8T, 07 Golf 2.5, 08 Polo 9n3 1.4TDI, 14 Tiguan S 6mt
      08-05-2011 04:53 PM #55
      Hm, i think i shall go out this weekend and do some activities that will perhaps lead to other activities later on

    6. Member ABAcabby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 28th, 2003
      Location
      Issaquah, WA
      Posts
      720
      Vehicles
      '81 Rabbit 1.6l diesel
      08-05-2011 05:08 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by skaterhernandez4 View Post
      You won't meet girls playing WOW in the dark.
      you'd be surprised. i know a few who it has worked for lol.

    7. Member EUROBORA8V's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2005
      Location
      Moscow, Russia/Los Angeles
      Posts
      5,950
      Vehicles
      03 Bora Variant 1.8T, 07 Golf 2.5, 08 Polo 9n3 1.4TDI, 14 Tiguan S 6mt
      08-05-2011 05:11 PM #57
      You can meet females under any circumstances. But it is all about meeting the right one!

    8. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      23,706
      Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      08-05-2011 05:28 PM #58
      It's dinner then sex, not the other way around silly!
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

    9. Member EUROBORA8V's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2005
      Location
      Moscow, Russia/Los Angeles
      Posts
      5,950
      Vehicles
      03 Bora Variant 1.8T, 07 Golf 2.5, 08 Polo 9n3 1.4TDI, 14 Tiguan S 6mt
      08-05-2011 05:31 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      It's dinner then sex, not the other way around silly!
      It is essentially. Ever tried the other way around?

    10. Banned FBMphil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago 'burbs
      Posts
      7,931
      Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      08-05-2011 05:34 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by abawp View Post
      Not to toot my own horn, but I've been told by many (both sexes, non-relatives) that I'm a great person to hang out with and on a few cases, received the "compliment" of, "if I weren't seeing anyone I'd totally date you." And yet...
      I used to feel like that too before I realized that most of the girls I'm not banging that I'm close with are just too aware of the potential consequences to want to give it up

    11. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      23,706
      Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      08-05-2011 05:45 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by EUROBORA8V View Post
      It is essentially. Ever tried the other way around?
      just think of it as dessert sausage
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

    12. Member abawp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2005
      Location
      VA Beach
      Posts
      12,299
      Vehicles
      2002 Subaru Outback, 2003 Miata, 2006 EX500R, 2011 ZX-6R
      08-05-2011 05:50 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by FBMphil View Post
      I used to feel like that too before I realized that most of the girls I'm not banging that I'm close with are just too aware of the potential consequences to want to give it up
      Oh of course, it's almost as if they're using their current relationship as a leash from doing something they might regret.

      Although in my case it's happened with such frequency that I'm beginning to think that they're using it as a cop-out excuse. I'm onto your scheming ways ladies
      Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      What, none of you watch reruns on TV?
      Quote Originally Posted by NPH View Post
      I don't know about you but, I get angry and shout "IB4TL" when one comes on.

    13. Member EUROBORA8V's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2005
      Location
      Moscow, Russia/Los Angeles
      Posts
      5,950
      Vehicles
      03 Bora Variant 1.8T, 07 Golf 2.5, 08 Polo 9n3 1.4TDI, 14 Tiguan S 6mt
      08-05-2011 05:50 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      just think of it as dessert sausage

    14. Banned HideYoKids's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2011
      Location
      Under a lift.
      Posts
      6,737
      Vehicles
      '73 Reg Beetle, '95 855, '97 Golf CL, '00 Forester S, '02 Jetta TDI
      08-05-2011 06:55 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      If you stop looking, you might find one.
      you fvcked her, didnt you




    15. Member ABAcabby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 28th, 2003
      Location
      Issaquah, WA
      Posts
      720
      Vehicles
      '81 Rabbit 1.6l diesel
      08-05-2011 07:05 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      you fvcked her, didnt you



      he WAS looking though. The chillin out and do nothing approach worked in highschool and part of college, but then i got ugly or something, so now i actually have to work for it. Also i think as girls get older, they expect to be pursued more so than when they are younger and they just wanna be all slutty.

    16. Member Matt@EuroJerks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2006
      Location
      Northeast
      Posts
      12,442
      08-05-2011 09:19 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by ABAcabby View Post
      he WAS looking though. The chillin out and do nothing approach worked in highschool and part of college, but then i got ugly or something, so now i actually have to work for it. Also i think as girls get older, they expect to be pursued more so than when they are younger and they just wanna be all slutty.
      Spot on.

    17. Member TooFitToQuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2003
      Location
      A dealership
      Posts
      11,625
      Vehicles
      FiST / ST3
      08-06-2011 07:26 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by abawp View Post
      I stopped looking years ago. Seattle freeze FTL


      Shut up! I refuse to believe it.

    18. Senior Member Mk1Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 1999
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      20,272
      Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      08-06-2011 08:47 AM #68
      1. Go on internet
      2. Get mail-order Russian bride
      3. ?????
      4. Profit
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Hey, don't forget the anarchist car chicks. We are angry and have whips!

    19. 08-06-2011 11:00 AM #69
      1) go to near by park
      2) chloroform
      3) chain to stove
      4)????
      5)no longer single!

    20. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      81,096
      Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI
      08-06-2011 11:07 AM #70

    21. Member EUROBORA8V's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2005
      Location
      Moscow, Russia/Los Angeles
      Posts
      5,950
      Vehicles
      03 Bora Variant 1.8T, 07 Golf 2.5, 08 Polo 9n3 1.4TDI, 14 Tiguan S 6mt
      08-06-2011 12:28 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      1. Go on internet
      2. Get mail-order Russian bride
      3. ?????
      4. Profit
      I can just bring one from the Motherland

      Quote Originally Posted by slowvento95 View Post
      1) go to near by park
      2) chloroform
      3) chain to stove
      4)????
      5)no longer single!
      Not sure if serious.... Sounds like a good scenario for a PORN movie

    22. Member DzlDub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15th, 2007
      Location
      Edmonton
      Posts
      1,649
      Vehicles
      1998 Jetta TDI, 2002 Protege5, 2015 Fiesta ST
      08-06-2011 12:32 PM #72
      Reporting in, single here, victim of circumstance but am coming to accept it. It is nice to do things you want to do though, anytime you want to. If you watched The Change up (terrible movie by the way) you'll see douchebag Ryan Reynolds enjoying his single life by doing a bunch of ****. I guess you don't realize what you have until it's gone, but hey if a woman comes along I'll be all over it, but until then, enjoy.
      Quote Originally Posted by AmericanThanks View Post
      Vwvortex is the biggest car forum so I should get atleast 100 enquiries from here. Cars means money.

    23. Member EUROBORA8V's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2005
      Location
      Moscow, Russia/Los Angeles
      Posts
      5,950
      Vehicles
      03 Bora Variant 1.8T, 07 Golf 2.5, 08 Polo 9n3 1.4TDI, 14 Tiguan S 6mt
      08-06-2011 12:33 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by DzlDub View Post
      Reporting in, single here, victim of circumstance but am coming to accept it. It is nice to do things you want to do though, anytime you want to. If you watched The Change up (terrible movie by the way) you'll see douchebag Ryan Reynolds enjoying his single life by doing a bunch of ****. I guess you don't realize what you have until it's gone, but hey if a woman comes along I'll be all over it, but until then, enjoy.
      That is a very good comprehension of life situation.

    24. Member A1pocketrocket's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2002
      Location
      Long Beach, CA
      Posts
      3,742
      Vehicles
      1982 Jetta Diesel, 1981 Rabbit Shell, 2007 GSX-R750
      08-06-2011 12:38 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by ABAcabby View Post
      he WAS looking though. The chillin out and do nothing approach worked in highschool and part of college, but then i got ugly or something, so now i actually have to work for it. Also i think as girls get older, they expect to be pursued more so than when they are younger and they just wanna be all slutty.
      thats what I like about high school girls. I keep getting older and they stay the saaaaame age.

    25. Member EUROBORA8V's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2005
      Location
      Moscow, Russia/Los Angeles
      Posts
      5,950
      Vehicles
      03 Bora Variant 1.8T, 07 Golf 2.5, 08 Polo 9n3 1.4TDI, 14 Tiguan S 6mt
      08-06-2011 12:44 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by A1pocketrocket View Post
      thats what I like about high school girls. I keep getting older and they stay the saaaaame age.
      Sig worthy

    Page 3 of 795 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •