Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: 88 VW Fox 99k Akron, OH $2825

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      88 Fox
      08-05-2011 04:12 PM #1
      Hello all,

I have a Fox for sale in Akron, OH. It is also on ebay (buy it now $2825) and craigslist ($2900).

I guess the easiest way is to just paste in the craigslist ad, below. I have a link to the ebay auction at the end.

98,000 original miles. 1.8 liter VW fuel injected gasoline engine (same as 80s Golfs and Jettas), 4-speed manual transmission. Not a speck of rust or a dent on this car. All the glass is perfect. New front tires, good rears, brakes recently replaced all around, clutch excellent, newer battery and alternator, belts, hoses and fluids all OK. Shocks, struts excellent. Good full-size spare. Lights, fresh wipers, washers, horn, radio w/cassette all work. Carpet, floor mats and trunk liner like new.

Runs beautifully, I just drove it all the way from California without a problem, in the 100+ degree heat. My MPG has been 25 city, 31 highway.

Problems: SMALL oil leak (less than 1 quart per month). A/C seems weak. Paint is sun-damaged on trunk lid. One small hole worn in fabric on the back of the driver's seat. Passenger sun visor is stuck.

Clear California title and current registration in hand, in my name. I'll be happy to go to the title bureau with the buyer to get it titled in Ohio.

This is a fun to drive, reliable little car that will give years of service, and it has cool boxy 80s styling.

I am looking for a late 1970s-mid 1980s Japanese cruiser motorcycle 750cc or less worth up to $1200 that I might consider taking as a partial trade, depending on the bike.

Phone Ben, my cell is FIVE three zero 559- forty-nine sixty-two. The car can be seen and test driven in the Highland Square neighborhood of Akron.

ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

Thanks,
      Ben

Vehicles
      1989 VW Fox 2-door (sold), 1979 VW Dasher 4-door(sold), 1988 VW Fox wagon
      08-06-2011 12:29 PM #2
      It's certainly clean, but I could pick up a clean Mk1 or Mk2 for the same money or less and not deal will the hassle of finding parts for a Fox.

or this:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-miles-350-obo
      and keep $2475 for upgrades/gas/parts
      Last edited by sippin.fnordies; 08-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.

3. 03-19-2012 08:39 PM #3
      Have you sold your Fox yet? I am interested, and would love to see some pics. I'm in Columbus, so if the pics are nice, I could come up to see it.