IT'S HERE; GO-TIME! I still need $185 to reach 1K. I KNOW we can close this gap by the time I reach Maine tomorrow morning. Thank you to everyone who's donated thus far. http://pledgie.com/campaigns/15763!
Mark your calendar and join me on September 29th, 2011 in my journey across four States as I bicycle 255 miles in 24 hours from Bristol, CT to Portland, ME to help raise funds for Christine; a dear friend who suffers from Prolonged Post-Concussion Syndrome — a “mild” form of Traumatic Brain Injury.
Say Hello to Christine:
Take a moment to Read Her Story if you haven’t already.
Now, I know you don't know Christine personally but you have a real chance to change someone's life for the better. 100% of your donation will go directly to helping Christine receive a much needed and long overdue Functional MRI (fMRI) brain scan that may help shed some light on her path to recovery by allowing her doctors to view blood and cerebral spinal fluid flow to the damaged part of her brain.
Prolonged Post-Concussion Syndrome (PPCS) is widely misunderstood and may not sound like a horrible "illness" on the surface but imagine not being able to throw a leg over your bike (or whatever else you enjoy doing) because you become dizzy and nauseous after a few short miles (if you're lucky enough to make it that far). You become almost instantly fatigued and have to deal with a debilitating headache. The only way to feel "better" is to lay down and rest for hours.
I hope to never have to go through it and it pains me to think she's been dealing with this for close to two years now. This is a real illness than can effect any one of us. All it takes is a blow to the head. Some people are lucky and bounce back within a week. Others suffer for months, years, and sometimes a lifetime.
I'm still $2,074.00 short of reaching my fundraising goal. If you can help in any way it would be greatly appreciated.
If you can't afford to donate money at this time; you can still help by spreading the word to those who can. Power in numbers! If we can get the word out to 2̶5̶0̶ 208 people willing to donate a minimum of $10 each - my goal will be reached and Christine will be one step closer to recovering from PPCS.
Here’s how you can help; It’s easy.
- Sponsor me for a mile (or more) of road by making a $10 donation to Christine’s fMRI Brain Scan Fund. 100% of proceeds go directly to Christine.
- Spread the word. If 2̶5̶0̶ 208 people sponsor me for one mile of road each, I’ll reach my fund raising goal of $2,500.00 in no time!
- Share via Facebook or
- Share via Twitter or
- Tattoo this URL to your forehead: http://ppcs.tumblr.com/ ← Most effective!
- Like Mind over Miles on Facebook and tell me how awesome I am. Feeding my ego is almost as important as your monetary donations!
- Follow Christine and me on Tumblr for updates. I'll also be posting updates here from the ride on Sept. 29th/30th.