I call shotgun

2. 03-09-2012 05:26 PM #142
      wink wink adam...but in 3pc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3. 03-11-2012 11:31 AM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by icemngti View Post
      wink wink adam...but in 3pc.

uploaded with imageshack.us
      dem is hot.....come on bell pull the trigger!!!

Where the headless horseman roams, New York, United States
      Vehicles
      Audi MK2 TT 3.2 CQ
      03-11-2012 11:53 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by ekgotskillzz View Post
      dem is hot.....come on bell pull the trigger!!!
      F-it I'll pull it for ya

Sent from my iPhone4.

5. 03-12-2012 12:28 AM #145

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      03-12-2012 11:02 AM #146
      Those wheels ain't happening. In other news, the tanks are now (and forever) inside the car. Need to plumb in the VU4, pressure senders, water traps, and some wiring. Getting them in the car is definitely a major milestone and the rest of the build should move quickly. :fingerscrossed:

Vehicles
      2013 CW Beetle Turbo
      03-12-2012 11:36 AM #147
      Adam you got balls to have all those 175psi tanks right behind u
      Quote Originally Posted by GaryD87 View Post
      P.S. Ferdie don't pay my bills. So **** that *****.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      03-12-2012 12:11 PM #148

Vehicles
      2Tone 2GS // MKV JSW
      03-12-2012 12:30 PM #149
      A-mazing

Vehicles
      2013 CW Beetle Turbo
      03-12-2012 12:40 PM #150
      dont give me taht shiiitttt - looks great. Im still bugging out on how amazing the airbrushing looks.
      Quote Originally Posted by aVWGTIguy View Post

11. 03-12-2012 01:16 PM #151
      adam tanks look good in there new home. let me know if you need a hand bud, see you this weekend.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      03-13-2012 11:35 AM #152
      Here's another update on where we are with getting the car back together;

Now that the tanks and back seat are in we need to make all the feed and return hard line connections. We also got the VU4 mounted along with the air traps on the the backside of the sub enclosure on the driver's side rear seat. The lines out of the VU4 will wrap around to the front of the sub box, through it, and out the back behind the bumper where we'll run the hard lines to each bag. Here are a few pics to clarify...

With the rear seat down

With the rear seat up

Supply line from compressor on top and feed lines to driver's side front and rear bags on bottom

Another shot to show how the supply line from the comp is being routed through the box and into the tanks

And here's where the lines punch through (bulkheads) out side the car to be run to each bag.

And because there is something wrong with me ALL the lines are polished - even the sections that will never be seen after it's all put back together. Thanks again for all the support and kind words!

13. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      03-13-2012 11:58 AM #153
      Those new traps are awesome

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      03-13-2012 12:00 PM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@ORT View Post
      Those new traps are awesome
      Much, much better. The others are crap.

Vehicles
      NSM 06 GTI pk1, t-red 06 GTI pk0
      03-13-2012 05:35 PM #155
      i understand the idea behind all of this for show purposes and the quality seem to be amazing but it all seems a bit excessive to me. good luck with finishing it should be interresting to say the least, i hope to see it in person at some point
      mkv vr swap thread
      gengstout
      BAGRIDERSDSDAF PVW 4/11
      PM me about air ride installs, coils, fender rolling, frame notches or any other work you might need in NE

16. 03-13-2012 05:48 PM #156
      It's getting there adam.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      03-13-2012 05:55 PM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by the fuzzy one View Post
      i understand the idea behind all of this for show purposes and the quality seem to be amazing but it all seems a bit excessive to me. good luck with finishing it should be interresting to say the least, i hope to see it in person at some point
      Thanks, Fuzzy. With all the complexity of this setup I believe once it's all put back together the overall feel will be quite subdued. Hard as it may seem to believe - and pretty difficult to relay in the photographs - the tanks blend in pretty well to the interior.

The other point I feel I should make is the car is being built as my daily driver and exactly the way I want it to look/feel. Of course the builder, Anthony @ Phantom, has a hugely considerable say in it but that's because he took the time to get to know me, listen to what I had to say, and develop a friendship. (It was his idea to put my kids' and wife's names on the tanks!) Another thing we both agree on 110% is that this car is NOT for the scene, winning trophies, one-upping others - in fact it'll be boothed at just about every show I go to and honestly could care less about getting a plastic trophy. I'm most happy when people come over and just want to ask questions, shoot the **** and, more than anything, just enjoy the damn thing. Because in the end that's what I'll be doing.

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta 1.8t
      03-13-2012 06:01 PM #158
      Thanks, Fuzzy. With all the complexity of this setup I believe once it's all put back together the overall feel will be quite subdued. Hard as it may seem to believe - and pretty difficult to relay in the photographs - the tanks blend in pretty well to the interior.

The other point I feel I should make is the car is being built as my daily driver and exactly the way I want it to look/feel. Of course the builder, Anthony @ Phantom, has a hugely considerable say in it but that's because he took the time to get to know me, listen to what I had to say, and develop a friendship. (It was his idea to put my kids' and wife's names on the tanks!) Another thing we both agree on 110% is that this car is NOT for the scene, winning trophies, one-upping others - in fact it'll be boothed at just about every show I go to and honestly could care less about getting a plastic trophy. I'm most happy when people come over and just want to ask questions, shoot the **** and, more than anything, just enjoy the damn thing. Because in the end that's what I'll be doing.
      This is awesome. good work

19. 03-13-2012 07:02 PM #159
      Another thing we both agree on 110% is that this car is NOT for the scene, winning trophies, one-upping others - in fact it'll be boothed at just about every show I go to and honestly could care less about getting a plastic trophy. I'm most happy when people come over and just want to ask questions, shoot the **** and, more than anything, just enjoy the damn thing. Because in the end that's what I'll be doing.
      That's the attitude to have

Vehicles
      Bagged MK5 & MK6 TDI JSW / 981 Cayman
      03-13-2012 08:33 PM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by 07silverbullet View Post
      That's the attitude to have
      X2

21. Former Advertiser
      Vehicles
      M3
      03-13-2012 08:57 PM #161
      Another thing we both agree on 110% is that this car is NOT for the scene, winning trophies, one-upping others - in fact it'll be boothed at just about every show I go to and honestly could care less about getting a plastic trophy. I'm most happy when people come over and just want to ask questions, shoot the **** and, more than anything, just enjoy the damn thing. Because in the end that's what I'll be doing.
      It's interesting that we're at 13.5k views on this thread and we're starting to talk about the semantics of the scene. When Adam first reached out to us, we never guessed his setup would reach this point. And by 'this point', I'm referring to that point of no return. It's the point where you have no option but to go all out and finish your masterpiece.

Through the course of this build, Adam and I have become friends and we chat on a regular basis about the progress of his car. We also chat about numerous other things but one topic that comes up often is where this car will fall in the 'scene'. Adam never built this car to be 'scene' or 'seen', he built it to be enjoyed regardless of what everyone else thinks. It's not always about trophies, magazine coverage, or being internet famous. It's about loving the work you've done and loving what you've built!

Vehicles
      08 GTI
      03-13-2012 10:41 PM #162
      Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@ORT View Post
      It's interesting that we're at 13.5k views on this thread and we're starting to talk about the semantics of the scene. When Adam first reached out to us, we never guessed his setup would reach this point. And by 'this point', I'm referring to that point of no return. It's the point where you have no option but to go all out and finish your masterpiece.

Through the course of this build, Adam and I have become friends and we chat on a regular basis about the progress of his car. We also chat about numerous other things but one topic that comes up often is where this car will fall in the 'scene'. Adam never built this car to be 'scene' or 'seen', he built it to be enjoyed regardless of what everyone else thinks. It's not always about trophies, magazine coverage, or being internet famous. It's about loving the work you've done and loving what you've built!
      amen brother...

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      03-22-2012 05:13 PM #163
      Just a quick update for now -

Lots of wiring going on - getting the E Level connectors, speakers, amps, compressors, grounds, key fob antennae, pressure senders, and I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting all wired up. Its looking like the car will be ready just in the the nick of time for DoD minus the wheels. Ordered them a while back and just waiting on them to be cut/polished/assembled/shipped. I got them in a staggered setup - 18x8.5 et38 up front and 18x9.5 et44 for the back. Not saying which ones they are but they're pretty "smooth".

Vehicles
      2013 CW Beetle Turbo
      03-22-2012 05:20 PM #164
      CCW smoothies ??

Vehicles
      08 GTI/05 S2K/02 Ranger/things with two wheels
      03-22-2012 08:37 PM #165
      ... Another thing we both agree on 110% is that this car is NOT for the scene, winning trophies, one-upping others - in fact it'll be boothed at just about every show I go to and honestly could care less about getting a plastic trophy (edited cuz you already read it 100 times)
      thats all until Patrick McMullan shows up to photograph it.

i know how you roll

Vehicles
      Audi MK2 TT 3.2 CQ
      03-23-2012 10:18 AM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by sp33dy View Post
      CCW smoothies ??
      Here we go haha

Sent from my iPhone4.

Vehicles
      08 MKV GTI, 98 GC8 Impreza
      03-25-2012 07:21 PM #167
      hey Adam, let me know if you want to test fit that set up, that's exactly what I run and at least it would give u an idea to what size tires to get...just a thought btw in anxious to see it...tell everyone I said HI and Stay Tuned...lol

28. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      03-25-2012 07:42 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by golf3racing View Post
      hey Adam, let me know if you want to test fit that set up, that's exactly what I run and at least it would give u an idea to what size tires to get...just a thought btw in anxious to see it...tell everyone I said HI and Stay Tuned...lol
      Hey Dre,
      A test fit would be a HUGE help! I ordered 215/40/18 tires but have time to change if necessary. Are you around one day this week to meet at the shop?

Thanks!

Vehicles
      03-25-2012 10:14 PM #169
      yeah I can stop I just take one front and a rear with me cause I'm sending them to refinished next weekend so yeah this week I let u know I hit u up on facebook lol

Vehicles
      Audi MK2 TT 3.2 CQ
      03-26-2012 07:46 AM #170
      Hey Dre,
      A test fit would be a HUGE help! I ordered 215/40/18 tires but have time to change if necessary. Are you around one day this week to meet at the shop?

Thanks!
      Welcome to the world of stretch

Sent from my iPhone4.

Vehicles
      03-26-2012 03:46 PM #171
      stretch is the way to go if u have stock fenders, I have no idea why I went with crazy stretch for the rear I still have an inch to play with and all I do is crack the rear wheels...palisades parkway by the gwb is hell for me...I'm going 225 for the rears for now

32. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      03-26-2012 03:57 PM #172
      stretch is the way to go if u have stock fenders, I have no idea why I went with crazy stretch for the rear I still have an inch to play with and all I do is crack the rear wheels...palisades parkway by the gwb is hell for me...I'm going 225 for the rears for now
      That's what I'm saying - if I can get away with a slightly wider tire, I'm good. The specs on the wheels are pretty tight so we'll see how yours fit.

Vehicles
      03-26-2012 05:49 PM #173
      mike Cruz with the white rabbit he is running 225/35 in the rear and he is slightly poking but I'm not sure if he is fully cambered in

Vehicles
      Mark Cinco
      03-28-2012 09:28 AM #174
      mike Cruz with the white rabbit he is running 225/35 in the rear and he is slightly poking but I'm not sure if he is fully cambered in
      Very slight camber adjustment in the rear. I didn't want to ride on just the edge of the tire. I wanted some rubber on the pavement.

Sent from the bowels of hell using Tap-a-talk.
      Kill the Block. Murder the Avenues.
      @mike_pixelmotiv & @pixelmotiv
      Automotive visuals and more.
      www.vimeo.com/pixelmotivmedia

35. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      03-28-2012 10:42 AM #175
      yeah I can stop I just take one front and a rear with me cause I'm sending them to refinished next weekend so yeah this week I let u know I hit u up on facebook lol
      Thanks again for helping out last night - we messed around with rears a bit more and looks like the new wheels are going to fit perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebbugn View Post
      Very slight camber adjustment in the rear. I didn't want to ride on just the edge of the tire. I wanted some rubber on the pavement.

Sent from the bowels of hell using Tap-a-talk.
      Agreed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast