Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2002 Jetta- Sunroof Drain Recall and Mildew

1. 08-13-2011 09:37 PM #1
      I have a 2002 Jetta 1.8T and just found out about this recall after searching the web looking for solutions to water leakage on the drivers side front and rear floor carpet after rain. I have terrible mildew in the car and have tried to wipe some of the obvious mildew off-like on the steering wheel and leather seats. Per the recall, I made an appointment for monday to have the sunroof drains inspected and cleared of debris . Is there any chance VW will replace my carpet and padding, my headliner, and my truck compartment carpet which smell of mold and have obvious signs of that? I had a bag of clothes in the trunk and the bag was filled with mildew.

2. Member Doctor Meat Does Housecalls's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Silver MK4 On Orange Rims, 2014 Jetta SE
      08-13-2011 09:40 PM #2
      Possibly, but how long was the car sitting for? Mildew doesn't form overnight...
      IlleststanceGangBang2011|TheThirdReich|DoctorMeatDoesHousecalls|ATEP|WTH:VolkswagenGF2011Survivor|YourPriusIsNotGreen|My Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MurryEB View Post
      Doctor Meat is doing a housecall right now

3. 08-13-2011 09:41 PM #3
      The car has been sitting for 2 months this summer while I was on vacation. Came home to a mess.

4. 08-13-2011 09:50 PM #4
      Regardless of how long it was sitting, mold and mildew are not something common to the interior of a dry car. My car is soaking wet on the floor boards and that can breed mold spores quickly. Not very healthy! They are on my carpet, seatbealt, leather seats, and probably hidden deep in other places.

Vehicles
      '00 Cabrio
      08-13-2011 10:11 PM #5
      depends on the dealership, what they will replace or not.

the one back home, theyd replace whatever id ask.

the one down here charged me $92 to put in 4 spark plugs i had already bought