Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 Tiguan 09G program is HORRID!!!!!!

04-04-2012 09:22 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by hhbah View Post
      I have had enough of VW's inaction on this issue. I am starting a lemon law case. I want a full refund on my 2012 Tiguan. The dealer misrepresented the problem when they told me that the poor shifting would go away once the transmission and turbo "adapt" to my driving style.
      Don't know how far you can go with a lemon law case. I would wait still a little bit. There is some hope that there will be an update coming to US customers. The below message is from VW of Canada:

Good afternoon,

The software will be available at our dealerships within the next 2-3 weeks.

Regards,

Julie Zayac
      Customer Service Manager
      Directrice du Service à la Clientèle

Volkswagen Group Canada
      777 Bayly St. W
      Ajax, ON L1S 7G7
      Phone: 905 428 4857
      Fax: 905 428 5867
      Julie.zayac@vw.ca

04-05-2012 01:43 PM #72
      Based on the info we have from VW of Canada, I asked VW of America if there is a time estimate for the transmission update for U.S. customers. Here is the info I got:

Dear Mr. T:

Thank you for your e-mail reply.

I understand Volkswagen of Canada has provided you with details regarding a possible upcoming transmission update for the Tiguan. I regret information such as the details Volkswagen of Canada provided to you is not made available to the Volkswagen of America’s Customer CARE Center.

As stated in my previous e-mail, we are aware that Volkswagen is working on an adjustment for the transmission. When additional details are available they will be provided to our dealers. I encourage you to remain in contact with your local Volkswagen dealer.

3. 05-13-2012 07:53 PM #73
      I had the TSB applied to my 2012 Tiguan SE and there is a noticeable difference in the shift points. I am pleased with the results and recommend that anyone with the same problem should get the update.

4. 10-28-2012 08:20 PM #74
      The economy is virtually the same and you never have the problem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123