Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: show off ur gauges,vent gauges, column pods,pillar pods, custom pods, interior mods, custom phone holders etc.

1. Member
      Vehicles
      07 passat 2.0t wagon,09 vw cc vr6 4motion
      08-15-2011 11:33 AM #1
      because the mk5 gti,jetta & golf get all the luv from manufacturer's, we have to custom fit our b6's so let's see what you have done. i know i've seen members with a boost gauge where the light switch goes. and we wanna see everything else. (interior) because we spend most of the time driving. post digital gauges,analog,interior mods,custom upholstery and what ever else you consider interior mods and even factory sport seats combo some of which are very hot so lets see what u have done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2yFXTsECvs
      Last edited by bkpapi12; 08-15-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Vehicles
      '06 Passat B6 Sedan 2.0T 6MT | '01.5 PAssat B5.5 4Motion Wagon | '92 MK2 GTI VR6T (WIP)
      08-15-2011 03:00 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by bkpapi12 View Post
      Who makes that drivers window vent gauge? xEleventybillion.
      VAGKRAFT2014 - Coming Soon!
      2006 VW Passat 2.0T 6MT | 2001.5 VW Passat V6 4Motion Wagon | 1992 VW GTI VR6T 6MT

R.I.P. John Di Battista1979-2014

3. Member
      Vehicles
      08-15-2011 04:05 PM #3
      P3cars.com it's mk5 gti version

---
      - Gotta luv a dub
      strictly a lower case poster Mods waaaaaaay too many to list

08-15-2011 04:16 PM #4
      That P3 cars gauge looks really nice.
      2008 Passat TSI 2.0T 6spd. Manual
      1994 Miata M-Edition Caged Track Toy

5. Member
      Vehicles
      08-15-2011 05:07 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by JHEIII View Post
      That P3 cars gauge looks really nice.
      Thanks

---
      - Gotta luv a dub

6. Member
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      08-16-2011 09:16 PM #6
      for my iPhone

2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

7. Member
      Vehicles
      08-16-2011 09:31 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      for my iPhone

looks good. nice & clean. luv the 6 speed m/t

Vehicles
      Candy White - 08 Passat 2.0T
      01-19-2012 03:10 PM #8
      that p3 guage looks wicked but $400 is a way too much !!

Vehicles
      1993 Passat GLX, 2006 Passat 2.0T
      01-20-2012 08:41 AM #9
      I'm still not 100% happy with the magnetized phone mount I'm putting together, so no pictures of it yet, but I do have a number of other interior "mods:"

7" VGA touchscreen in place of the HU in a heavily modified double din adapter, and single din stereo head unit in the modified 6 disc changer slot. There's an IR repeater in the inside of the glove box that lets me use the remote on the HU while it's closed. There's also a 10" netbook in the dash hooked up to the touchscren and stereo:

Here's the button i retrofit into one of the blanks near the shifter (forward most passenger side blank) to trigger my garage door opener, which is stripped and ultimately attached to the backside of the forward edge of the center console cup holder:

And thn there's a mostly complete shot of the usb charger that I fit into one of the other blanks next to the shifter:

I don't think I have a picture of it handy, but I also plastidipped my IPASS (toll) transponder and attached it to the back of the rear view mirror on the passenger side, so it's not visible to me at all, and blends in with the mirror fairly well (I hated the visual of a big white box velcro'd to the window).
      Last edited by MP3DUB; 01-20-2012 at 08:43 AM.
      -Nick

Vehicles
      2006 VIP Passat, a few others too
      01-20-2012 11:34 AM #10
      Nice work MP3DUB

Vehicles
      2008 Passat 2.0T TSI; 2007 Impreza 2.5i
      01-20-2012 12:12 PM #11
      MP3DUB seriously looks like work that was being done on Pimp My Ride.

I am currently running the "Arkon GN047 Removable Swivel Air Vent Mount for Garmin nuvi GPS" for my Garmin nuvi 1350LMT. It is clipped to the left vent of the center panel, it allows the power cable to drop down the side of the radio and tuck into the tray next to the AC plug. Keeps things nice and out of the way. Photos to follow...

Last edited by coderedcomputing; 01-20-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Vehicles
      02-28-2012 01:30 PM #12
      Finally, newer pictures! Everything tucked away:

The front-most button on the passenger side is what the finished garage door opener button looks like:

Newest addition, magnetized cell phone mount. Using 6 rare earth magnets, 3 in the face of the coin drawer and 3 in the back of the hacked up cell mount. Stays put, easy to remove, and leaves no trace (get's tucked in the armrest when not in use).
      -Nick

Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat
      02-29-2012 11:24 AM #13
      I don't think I have a picture of it handy, but I also plastidipped my IPASS (toll) transponder and attached it to the back of the rear view mirror on the passenger side, so it's not visible to me at all, and blends in with the mirror fairly well (I hated the visual of a big white box velcro'd to the window).
      Do you have any pics on this? Thats an awesome idea! Does it work pretty well?
      07 Passat Sport, Revo Stage 1, 3 Spoke MFSW w/ Paddle Shifters, Sport seats, 18' Samarkands, More to come.

Vehicles
      03-01-2012 08:19 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by MLutin View Post
      Do you have any pics on this? Thats an awesome idea! Does it work pretty well?
      I'll see if I can snap a picture tonight, I've now got my parking tag taped to it as well, so I don't have to stare at it hanging down from my rear view mirror.
      -Nick

Vehicles
      03-02-2012 08:57 AM #15
      OK, here's a passable picture, taken in my garage last night with the aid of a flashlight. The grey dot in the middle is the double sided tape from my parking pass, so now from the outside it's hidden by a parking pass, and it's behind the mirror from my perspective on the interior.
      -Nick

16. Member
      Vehicles
      03-02-2012 01:44 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by MP3DUB View Post
      OK, here's a passable picture, taken in my garage last night with the aid of a flashlight. The grey dot in the middle is the double sided tape from my parking pass, so now from the outside it's hidden by a parking pass, and it's behind the mirror from my perspective on the interior.
      very clever it! any reading problems ? is the tag painted black?

Vehicles
      03-02-2012 06:16 PM #17
      very clever it! any reading problems ? is the tag painted black?
      No problems with it being read so far, and it's been there for a few months. I originally had it in the back window underneath the headliner cap, which was fine for Illinois toll roads (no gates), but when I went to Indiana it was mounted too far back to be picked up to open gates.
      -Nick

Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat
      03-04-2012 02:42 PM #18
      How picky are those? Could I mount it inside of my door mirror for instance?
      07 Passat Sport, Revo Stage 1, 3 Spoke MFSW w/ Paddle Shifters, Sport seats, 18' Samarkands, More to come.

19. 04-25-2012 08:24 AM #19
      I'm still not 100% happy with the magnetized phone mount I'm putting together, so no pictures of it yet, but I do have a number of other interior "mods:"

7" VGA touchscreen in place of the HU in a heavily modified double din adapter, and single din stereo head unit in the modified 6 disc changer slot. There's an IR repeater in the inside of the glove box that lets me use the remote on the HU while it's closed. There's also a 10" netbook in the dash hooked up to the touchscren and stereo:

Here's the button i retrofit into one of the blanks near the shifter (forward most passenger side blank) to trigger my garage door opener, which is stripped and ultimately attached to the backside of the forward edge of the center console cup holder:

And thn there's a mostly complete shot of the usb charger that I fit into one of the other blanks next to the shifter:

I like the USB port. Where did you get that piece to mod and what did you wire it into for power?

Vehicles
      04-25-2012 01:22 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Cranford803 View Post
      I like the USB port. Where did you get that piece to mod and what did you wire it into for power?
      It was a super cheap usb cigarette lighter power adapter that I pried apart and hot-glued to the bottom of one of the blanks, and I'm pretty sure I tapped the cigarette lighter wires.
      Last edited by MP3DUB; 04-26-2012 at 09:57 AM.
      -Nick

21. 04-25-2012 01:36 PM #21
      It was a super usb cheap cigarette lighter that I pried apart and hot-glued to the bottom of one of the blanks, and I'm pretty sure I tapped the cigarette lighter wires.
      haha. now i see the little metal nipple, spring, and side connections. very clever. I might have to steal your idea. I like working on custom mods. I'm interested to see what else gets posted.

I also thought about stealing your computer in the glove box idea as I have an old laptop that converts into a touch screen tablet. It's a little bigger than one of those netbooks and misses fitting by about 1/4".

Anybody else have any clever computer mounts?

Vehicles
      06 passat 2.0t
      04-26-2012 01:27 AM #22
      So due to the 1k we just dropped on an ecs order for the mkv in the garage I present my $3 "custom" mount for my rooted nook tablet. Kinda surprised I put clear Velcro on the nook and on the push slide out drawer thing and viola! Lol

Sorry for the double crappy pic night shot on an iPhone

23. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08 VW Passat APR Tuned
      04-26-2012 08:58 AM #23
      It was a super usb cheap cigarette lighter that I pried apart and hot-glued to the bottom of one of the blanks, and I'm pretty sure I tapped the cigarette lighter wires.
      I think you should market and produce this! I'd buy one!

24. 04-30-2012 08:58 AM #24
      Ordered my cheap usb attachment last Friday. Planning on trying to replicate this Mod. will post pictures when I'm done.

25. 05-17-2012 03:01 PM #25
      Ordered my cheap usb attachment last Friday. Planning on trying to replicate this Mod. will post pictures when I'm done.
      Ordered This: http://www.ebay.com/itm/250918498883...84.m1497.l2649

Decided to go a slightly different way than above. I want to permanently mount this where my front cigarette lighter goes. I want to mount it nice and flush so it covers up the silver ring and only shows the red light ring. From the back of the cigarette lighter I plan to permanently wire in may DC/AC converter and run it to my glove box. The converter had both a normal wall socket as well as a cigarette lighter socket in case i need that type of output again. The end result will be usb, wall, and cigarette lighter outputs. What do you guys think?

Also, Not sure how to get that whole cigarette lighter unit out. I took out the two screws in the bottom, and the trim off above, but I can't seem to remove the trim around the gear shifter that seems to be keeping it in. Is there a trim removal DIY out there? Thanks!

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Passat
      05-17-2012 03:36 PM #26
      Ordered This: http://www.ebay.com/itm/250918498883...84.m1497.l2649

Decided to go a slightly different way than above. I want to permanently mount this where my front cigarette lighter goes. I want to mount it nice and flush so it covers up the silver ring and only shows the red light ring. From the back of the cigarette lighter I plan to permanently wire in may DC/AC converter and run it to my glove box. The converter had both a normal wall socket as well as a cigarette lighter socket in case i need that type of output again. The end result will be usb, wall, and cigarette lighter outputs. What do you guys think?

Also, Not sure how to get that whole cigarette lighter unit out. I took out the two screws in the bottom, and the trim off above, but I can't seem to remove the trim around the gear shifter that seems to be keeping it in. Is there a trim removal DIY out there? Thanks!
      Take the silver piece first. Open the little door and with four fingers (two from each hand) distribute pressure evenly and pull back. Easy. I can't remember if you need to remove the other trim piece to get that out but if you do, just put your thumbs inside the shift console (the hole where you removed the silver trim from) all the way to the front and pull up. They pop out and back in. It seems like a bit of work for the USB charger. I am removing the whole door piece to make way for a custom headunit install so I am taking the USB adapter I've had and hardwiring it in just like the guys did above.
      2006 Passat FSI 2.0T |Forge DV Spacer|Lowered on DG Springs|Electric Exhaust Cutout|Podi Stepper Boost Gauge|19" Gianelle Wheels|10" Kicker sub in custom box| iPad Mini Dash installed as headunit|5% Tint on sides, 30% on back window|Carbon fiber mirrors|Votex Roof Rack|Resonator Delete w/ Magnaflow tips|Colormatched Badgeless grill|OEM Audi S6 LED DRLs|Lip spoiler|Ceramic Brake Pads|Morimoto HIDs

27. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Passat
      05-17-2012 03:38 PM #27
      Finally, newer pictures! Everything tucked away:

The front-most button on the passenger side is what the finished garage door opener button looks like:

Newest addition, magnetized cell phone mount. Using 6 rare earth magnets, 3 in the face of the coin drawer and 3 in the back of the hacked up cell mount. Stays put, easy to remove, and leaves no trace (get's tucked in the armrest when not in use).
      What did you use to get the clean hole for the usb?
      2006 Passat FSI 2.0T |Forge DV Spacer|Lowered on DG Springs|Electric Exhaust Cutout|Podi Stepper Boost Gauge|19" Gianelle Wheels|10" Kicker sub in custom box| iPad Mini Dash installed as headunit|5% Tint on sides, 30% on back window|Carbon fiber mirrors|Votex Roof Rack|Resonator Delete w/ Magnaflow tips|Colormatched Badgeless grill|OEM Audi S6 LED DRLs|Lip spoiler|Ceramic Brake Pads|Morimoto HIDs

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 06:56 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniorfeel View Post
      What did you use to get the clean hole for the usb?
      Dremeled to the approximate opening size, and then used a set of needle files to clean up the edges.
      -Nick

29. 05-22-2012 01:59 PM #29
      I can't get it to pop out. wanted to double check before I tore something up forcing it. You said to use four fingers: so two on each side where the gray parts are? any way you can explain further or draw on the picture? Don't want to have to replace that part because I was an idiot and did it wrong haha.

Vehicles
      05-22-2012 11:32 PM #30
      I can't get it to pop out. wanted to double check before I tore something up forcing it. You said to use four fingers: so two on each side where the gray parts are? any way you can explain further or draw on the picture? Don't want to have to replace that part because I was an idiot and did it wrong haha.
      Yeah, it's on there reaaaaally well, it takes a surprising amount of force.
      -Nick

31. Member
      Vehicles
      05-23-2012 05:07 PM #31
      Just came in from china $50

32. 05-23-2012 09:49 PM #32
      Very Nice

Still obsessed with your digital in AC. Wish it was cheaper. So sick.

33. Member
      Vehicles
      05-23-2012 10:04 PM #33
      Very Nice

Still obsessed with your digital in AC. Wish it was cheaper. So sick.
      thx.

Vehicles
      1996 BMW 328i, 2008 Passat Komfort Wagon, 2008 BMW 335xi, 2011 BMW 335d
      05-24-2012 01:10 PM #34
      Here is my digital setup, Fiscon BT Basic Plus module for phone, boost etc:

More info can be found here.

35. Member
      Vehicles
      07-03-2012 09:44 PM #35
      Last edited by bkpapi12; 07-03-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast