Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My N/A Build--Finally Started thread!

1. 04-10-2012 10:06 AM #71
      he will be at show n go with the header on display at his booth. look for him.
      Racing Improves the breed..
      "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith"- 2 Timothy 4:7
      CrossroadsLI
      MY ALL MOTOR BUILD THREAD

04-10-2012 10:53 AM #72
      any word on pricing?

3. 04-10-2012 11:47 AM #73
      you would have to talk to him about that. I wont discuss all that in this thread.
      "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith"- 2 Timothy 4:7
      CrossroadsLI

4. 05-15-2012 10:39 PM #74

tomorrow If it doesn't rain I will add some coolant, and attempt to start it back up 2nd time since Aug. a recap of what went down since then.

1. header/megaphone
      2. transmission work
      3. new crank seal that was leaking at startup in aug.
      4. added an iac.
      CrossroadsLI

Vehicles
      S1 Storm 20vSC-AWD, 93 Corrado VR6
      05-22-2012 08:45 PM #75
      awesome swap

6. 05-23-2012 09:23 AM #76
      Thanks now is time to start tuning. the fun part!
      CrossroadsLI

7. 06-01-2012 08:21 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by fourthchirpin View Post
      Thanks now is time to start tuning. the fun part!
      After a 5 year build. Wow. Should have just put a turbo on a 12V and had fun driving it the past 5 years. I guess everyone's social life is different though.
      93' Corrado SLC Turbo-11.490@128.76mph-street car
      96' Volvo 854R-ready for more boost
      Allmotor VW's are slow
      Race cars are for people with an inferiority complex

8. 06-04-2012 12:32 PM #78
      drove the car last night around the block. super loud, gotta get some small loose ends.

head light bulbs, screws for the bumper, some exhaust work to connect to the muffler, and a Driver side mk3 seat (for now)

until then I will try to see if I can register/insure the car. Iam going to Toronto next month so Ive been saving up for that.

should be a fun summer!

Thanks to you guys for your questions. keep them coming. Iam really trying to organize something like if you guys come to Wterfest bring some sort of non-perishable goods so I can take back to donate to a local food pantry. I really would like any sort of input about it, iam not 100% how to go about it but thats just one thing I would like to do right now.
      Last edited by fourthchirpin; 06-04-2012 at 12:37 PM.
      CrossroadsLI

Vehicles
      04 R32
      06-05-2012 12:48 PM #79
      Are you trying to get the food pantry to donate or pay for something for you in return of you getting food for them?

My best advice would be to talk to an in charge person at the pantry. An office manager could get you in touch with someone if they can't make the call on this themselves. Just be up front with them and what you would like to do. Non-profits, assuming this is one, like to get any help they can get. Just be nice and I think they would like your idea. I work with non-profits in my line of work and the worst they can say is no. I doubt they will say that. I would also be prepared for a type of counter offer to yours as well, just in case. They might not be able to give you exactly what you are asking for but would still like to help.
      On the waterfest side of things talk to the race organizor or a contact for the show to get the word out as much as possible. If there is an announcer for the race get them to talk about your donation. I would bring empty boxes for people to put their donations in. The pantry actually might have these to give you.

Hope this helps. I wanted to say something because I think it is very nice of you to want to do this.

10. 06-06-2012 09:19 AM #80
      I dont want ANYTHING IN RETURN. lets just get this clear right away.
      I feel there is a need in my community/state for the need to help out. Alot of people are going through things, health issues, financial issues, marriage problems etc. I think food is easy and helpful to start off.

Once the car is tuned and ready for a pass I would like to talk to someone in charge of events at waterfest. Not sure if its too short of notice since waterfest is next month. But there are other events this year as well.
      CrossroadsLI

11. Member
      Vehicles
      03 vw gti ...WWW.STEVEBILT.COM
      06-06-2012 09:21 AM #81
      yooooo message me i want to talk about WF with you.

12. 06-06-2012 10:59 AM #82
      you got it mike.
      CrossroadsLI

13. 06-07-2012 03:22 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by euro.lo View Post
      This^ I agree 100% I'd much rather have a powerful na motor than fi. I don't get why people are coming in here and not being impressed with 300whp. I would muuuch rather have 300 na whp than 300 boosted hp. Great build! Looking forward to some runs
      I agree a 100% too. im in school working my way through paying for my own house my girl my daughter. not every body has the support from family to pay for these things. all motor is the way to go especially on a budget. its not a 1.8 4cyl.. this is a 2.8 dohc. you can make plenty of power from this motor with out forced induction. plus with out having to worry about all maintance issues. i like the build dont worry about the haters my friend.. there not happy with them selves so they gotta hate on others. cheers bro!

Vehicles
      06-07-2012 03:31 PM #84
      ^^ Last I checked it's a "stock" 3.2L 24v motor.

Vehicles
      04 R32
      06-14-2012 12:51 PM #85
      I feel there is a need in my community/state for the need to help out. Alot of people are going through things, health issues, financial issues, marriage problems etc. I think food is easy and helpful to start off.

Once the car is tuned and ready for a pass I would like to talk to someone in charge of events at waterfest. Not sure if its too short of notice since waterfest is next month. But there are other events this year as well.
      Even better....good luck. Very nice of you as well.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      94 golf
      06-16-2012 12:47 PM #86

NA charity class?

17. Geriatric Member need_a_VR6's Avatar
      Vehicles
      03 325i
      06-16-2012 03:51 PM #87
      That title sounds oddly appropriate.
      -Paul
      1995 GTI VR6 - Retired - 12.90@106 R32 power - 12.833@106 12v power
      KPTuned - Official MegaSquirt: Sales - Repair - Installation - Tuning
      MK3 Race Car Partout

18. 06-18-2012 10:49 AM #88
      as far as the car goes right now its registered, insured. maybe I should start to get it tuned now.
      I have a full plate of things outside of this, so bare with me. next week is vbs and the week after is baseball camp.

Quote Originally Posted by bonesaw View Post
      NA charity class?
      Id love to have a whole class running for charity that would be awesome if you ask me, not sure if others would be down. I have 2 contacts right now one for waterfest and one for other etown events. waterfest is soo close i doubt they will make any changes.
      CrossroadsLI

19. 07-18-2012 10:21 PM #89
      hey guys just a small update not too big. was driving around doing Logs, car felt really good, with super safe a/f ratios. But I think It might have spun a bearing. it starting tapping a few blocks on the way to the house. As a whole iam not disappointed at all all this is very fun to me it might be alil frustrating but its not since I have so many other things ive been busy with and an awesome daily driver that I dont deserve.

Baseball camp was great this week and the kids were awesome, took a road trip to Canada/Niagra Falls for 4th of July for vacation. The summer has been very good, truely blessed to have been able to do and see what ive been able to.

Im in the process of getting a new garage door so once that is done maybe ill inspect further. Iam not sure what ill do next.

sorry for the personal life stuff but Im just trying to be as transparent as possible with who ever is following. That these things does happen but it could have been worst.

any questions just shoot here or in PM's. Have a good rest of the summer everyone!
      CrossroadsLI

20. Member
      Vehicles
      94 golf
      07-18-2012 10:27 PM #90
      Get that **** replaced and run at waterfest. I'll prob have to end up running outlaw cause of lack of NA cars

21. 07-18-2012 11:31 PM #91
      hahah from now to sunday. thats impossible for me. and my one man crew. If I would have known u was going to be there I would have been extra careful this week. I might try something out but I had no plans to go to waterfest with the car. ill be at waterfest though.
      CrossroadsLI

22. Geriatric Member need_a_VR6's Avatar
      Vehicles
      03 325i
      07-19-2012 08:27 AM #92
      Better it going at low load then at full tilt at the track! I recovered from an engine fire on wed to run wf sunday.. Plenty of time
      -Paul
      MK3 Race Car Partout

Vehicles
      2001 Mustang GT 1991 GTI VR6
      02-13-2013 07:49 PM #93
      any updates? Hows the car running

24. 02-14-2013 05:58 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by Rye Toast View Post
      any updates? Hows the car running
      ive been in the middle of diagnosing a noise that I started back in July. In doing so I found that my tensioner bolt is not bleeding. I will update if anything changes
      CrossroadsLI

25. 03-29-2013 08:48 PM #95
      I figure I post what was the noise and the issues I had. For anyone who had a similar noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9qm...4GXngGuXWkhEQg

this was the noise.

I first changed checked the

bearings ... good
      changed the lifters .... noise came back
      tentioner bolt .... noise came back
      bought a oil pump

then I went to change it and my wrist pin clip was in the oil pan.
      From that point I knew it could be bad.

damaged cylinder wall.

so as of right now this project is dead. Its been real fun over the years guys hope this helps anyone. Iam fully certain if this didn't happen the car was on its way to put down 300+whp. If anybody has questions feel free to pm me. Take care everyone.

God is still Good. Happy Good Friday everyone.
      CrossroadsLI

26. Geriatric Member need_a_VR6's Avatar
      Vehicles
      03 325i
      03-31-2013 06:49 AM #96
      Sucks, but sometimes a setback leads to unexpected progress. Hopefully you get what's coming next all worked out.
      -Paul
      MK3 Race Car Partout

27. 04-17-2013 11:32 PM #97
      can you explain a little bit of how this happend? what are you feelings on what was the weak link that let go?

28. 04-18-2013 08:03 AM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by 35i 2000 View Post
      can you explain a little bit of how this happend? what are you feelings on what was the weak link that let go?

Nothing was a weak link. The only way the wrist pin clip can come out is if it wasnt installed properly meaning it wasnt seated in the groove. The wrist pin clips are very hard to come out once they are in. And even when the clip was out the wrist pin too is very tight in the piston.

John 3:16
      CrossroadsLI

29. 05-05-2013 07:28 PM #99
      Damn.. That sucks man
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

30. 08-03-2013 11:59 PM #100
      Weren't you the guy busting my balls?

Lol. Your car still isn't running? Epic fail and keep your foot in your mouth until
      I tell you to take it out. Then take a class at the local community college
      in auto repair and maybe you can at least handle oil changes.

This makes happy with all the sht you talked about beating my car. Lol.
      People get what they deserve. By the way my car still runs flawless. 11 second vrt never broken once 5 yrs running.
      Have a nice day tool bag
      93' Corrado SLC Turbo-11.490@128.76mph-street car
      96' Volvo 854R-ready for more boost
      Allmotor VW's are slow
      Race cars are for people with an inferiority complex

31. 11-04-2013 10:26 PM #101

Heres some of the progress over the summer. Havn't done much at all, Now its time to start wiring. Enjoy everyone. Take care.
      CrossroadsLI

Vehicles
      11-05-2013 12:57 AM #102
      Nice!

33. Geriatric Member need_a_VR6's Avatar
      Vehicles
      03 325i
      11-05-2013 07:55 AM #103
      Looking good!
      -Paul
      MK3 Race Car Partout

34. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      00 VW Jetta 2.0, 02 VW Jetta GLI
      11-05-2013 11:13 AM #104
      It's alive?

35. 11-05-2013 06:08 PM #105
      not alive just cranking. I still have to build a downpipe for it.
      CrossroadsLI

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast