Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HP's TouchPad

Vehicles
      2000 Maxima GLE/1987 300TD
      03-12-2012 05:54 PM #71
      can you dual boot webos/cm9? or is that just a really chappy experience?

Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      03-12-2012 06:15 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by twerked View Post
      Dual boot works fine but I don't envision myself going back to webos very often, if at all.

Vehicles
      03-13-2012 12:34 AM #73
      ^ i like webos..not sure why. i haven't really used my touchpad much since os2 for the playbook...and the cracked screen but since i can run android apps on my playbook, the android experience is kind of taken care of there. but it's always fun to hack around with devices. suppose i'll give it a shot here soon

Vehicles
      08' Jetta
      03-15-2012 01:06 PM #74
      dual boot is working great....maybe. i dunno, ever since android got ported i haven't booted into WebOS.....lol

and ICS/CM9 is so much better than WebOS IMO. i hated WebOS with a passion though.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      03-20-2012 06:18 PM #75
      I really want experiment with CM9 but I can't find the charger for my TouchPad after moving.

Vehicles
      indeed!
      03-20-2012 06:21 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
      I really want experiment with CM9 but I can't find the charger for my TouchPad after moving.
      You can use just about any micro usb charger, but the stock one is 2A or 2000mA. It will complain if less than that and charge slower.
      MOEW: ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ Zomg Zombies ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(×̯×)۶ ¯\(°_o)/¯
      If you have a problem with anything I do here, feel free to call me on my cell to discuss at anytime: (781)452-2079 LEAPRZ

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      03-20-2012 06:38 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by syntrix View Post
      You can use just about any micro usb charger, but the stock one is 2A or 2000mA. It will complain if less than that and charge slower.
      Unfortunately I don't own any other devices that use micro USB. I'm hoping it'll turn up in one of the boxes or that it got left behind at my old place.

Vehicles
      04-22-2012 09:42 PM #78
      Unfortunately I don't own any other devices that use micro USB. I'm hoping it'll turn up in one of the boxes or that it got left behind at my old place.
      i just got a new touchpad from woot the other day..i can send you one of the extra chargers if need be. pm me if interested. you could also probably find a universal ac to usb at tjmaxx, walmart or the like as well.

i have it dual booting cm9 and webos. first i've used ics and it's pretty slick, but i find myself preferring to use webos still for some reason

Vehicles
      08' Jetta
      04-23-2012 11:33 AM #79
      i just got a new touchpad from woot the other day..i can send you one of the extra chargers if need be. pm me if interested. you could also probably find a universal ac to usb at tjmaxx, walmart or the like as well.

i have it dual booting cm9 and webos. first i've used ics and it's pretty slick, but i find myself preferring to use webos still for some reason
      its funny, ever since CM7 got released, i have booted into webOS 3 times. WebOS is smooth but i just cant get away from ICS.

widgets, having my most used apps on the home screen, it handles browsing SO much better (tabbed browsing especially)
      the only thing i would like is the standby battery life of ICS to be on par with WebOS. as it sits, i can get about 2 days of standby with wifi on, on ICS.

Thats just me though...it is nice to have options.

Vehicles
      04-24-2012 11:11 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by silver_slayer View Post
      its funny, ever since CM7 got released, i have booted into webOS 3 times. WebOS is smooth but i just cant get away from ICS.

widgets, having my most used apps on the home screen, it handles browsing SO much better (tabbed browsing especially)
      the only thing i would like is the standby battery life of ICS to be on par with WebOS. as it sits, i can get about 2 days of standby with wifi on, on ICS.

Thats just me though...it is nice to have options.
      i found vimeo doesn't really work in cm9's browser. or maybe it's just the video i was trying to watch, but yes, the ics browser is much much better. the battery life running webos, even with it overclocked to 1.728ghz, is quite amazing.

not sure why i like webos so much, maybe because blackberry stole so much of it for qnx/tablet os? it definitely has a more 'cartoony' look than ics, but the gestures and cards just feel so much more fluid and easier to use than constantly tapping at the screen.

i still boot into cm9, netflix works so that's a big plus. but overall, i don't really find myself using the touchpad much out of the house. i also have a playbook, and because it's smaller, taking it with me to a coffee shop/restaurant/etc doesn't feel quite as conspicuous. and with sideloading, i can get most any android app on it too. though they can be pretty buggy sometimes..

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      05-07-2012 07:15 PM #81
      I'm running CM9 and it has been great. I love being able to play my Words with Friends and Scramble with Friends games and started playing Draw Something. It's nice to have all of that on a larger screen than the iPhone. And since my Macbook broke it's been nice being able to browse the web and check E-mail.

But sometimes if I switch the Touch Pad into Airplane Mode it won't connect to a wireless network after switching it off. Has anyone else had this problem?

Vehicles
      03 Cooper S, 13 Plug In Prius, 11 RAV4
      05-07-2012 10:02 PM #82
      just picked up a secomd unit.. A 32gb one from craigslist

plannin on doin the port this weekend!
      ................................................www.PRIDECOLLISION.com

Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      05-08-2012 09:26 AM #83
      But sometimes if I switch the Touch Pad into Airplane Mode it won't connect to a wireless network after switching it off. Has anyone else had this problem?
      my wifi acts wonky from time to time. it will be connected but won't transmit/receive data. usually toggling the wifi on/off solves the problem. it's a bug that i'm willing to live with for now.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      05-18-2012 04:01 PM #84
      I just saw this now. Thanks for the offer but I ended up finding it a few days after posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedeezy View Post
      my wifi acts wonky from time to time. it will be connected but won't transmit/receive data. usually toggling the wifi on/off solves the problem. it's a bug that i'm willing to live with for now.
      What mine does is different. If I take the Touch Pad out with me and connect to a different network, turn on Airplane mode, or have to reboot, there's a chance I'll have an issue reconnecting. It will show the network as saved and when I push connect the signal will drop from full strength to a single bar and not be able to connect. Or I'll push connect and nothing will happen. Toggling WiFi on and off does nothing. If I keep rebooting it will eventually work.

This has happened at home and with the network at work.

05-18-2012 05:28 PM #85
      I missed out on one when the initial price drop hit, so snagged the refurb 32gb from woot today for $195. Can't wait to get CM9 up and running. I love it on the phone.
      My wife will be happy since I will most likely stop messing with her nook color.
      If you love your motorcycle, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high sided

16. 06-05-2012 03:49 PM #86
      This thread motivated me to breathe some life into my Touchpad, which up until yesterday was best served as an occasional kindle, but mostly a dust collector. Installed CM9 yesterday and I can't seem to put it down!

Vehicles
      06-05-2012 04:19 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubbed81 View Post
      This thread motivated me to breathe some life into my Touchpad, which up until yesterday was best served as an occasional kindle, but mostly a dust collector. Installed CM9 yesterday and I can't seem to put it down!
      Intersted in doin 2 more?
      I tried to do it, but apparantly one of the downloads isn't intended for XP and thats all I got
      I got a 16gb and a 32gb one i want to do

18. 06-06-2012 04:42 PM #88
      Luis, sent you a PM.

Vehicles
      997TT, F80 M3
      06-06-2012 09:54 PM #89
      I just saw this now. Thanks for the offer but I ended up finding it a few days after posting that.

What mine does is different. If I take the Touch Pad out with me and connect to a different network, turn on Airplane mode, or have to reboot, there's a chance I'll have an issue reconnecting. It will show the network as saved and when I push connect the signal will drop from full strength to a single bar and not be able to connect. Or I'll push connect and nothing will happen. Toggling WiFi on and off does nothing. If I keep rebooting it will eventually work.

This has happened at home and with the network at work.
      You should download the latest nightly. They have a new wifi driver imbedded. Mine was always cranky with regards to Wifi and the latest nightly fixed it. Works perfectly all the time now. Give it a shot, they are always adding new stuff to the nightlies.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21871-rom...ld-discussion/
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: Arctic Silver / Sea Blue. AWE exhaust, Cobb Stage 2, H&R, BBS CH-R in widebody fitment.
      '15 F80 M3 6MT: Alpine White / Sakhir: Exec pkg, LEDs, carbon roof, Harman Kardon, black 19s, etc
      Past: 300 hp B5 A4, 500 hp Evo 8, 2 450 hp E92 335s, 520hp C6 Z06, and a 750 hp CBA GT-R

Vehicles
      JB4 335xi, Prius
      06-23-2012 02:08 PM #90
      And to update: I have a iPad 3 now courtesy of my work.
      Quote Originally Posted by Internal Combustion View Post
      I called my wife with glee, she was very happy for me. I do believe I've won TCL.
      Yes I quote myself.

335- 12.2@115

Vehicles
      06-23-2012 02:13 PM #91
      thanks to greg I now have a CM9 H.P.T.P.
      i love this thing!

wifi acted up once on me.. quick toggle to WIFI off then on and we were back in business

love this thing

gotto have my 2nd one done now!

06-25-2012 06:40 PM #92
      Refurb 32gb up on sellout.woot again, may pick up another
      If you love your motorcycle, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high sided

23. Member
      07-25-2012 11:34 PM #93
      So, I think I'm going to sell my 16gb Touchpad. I haven't touched it in forever and honestly don't really need it. I want to give you kids first crack before I bother with eBay or Craigs. If you're interested, DM me an offer.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      08-08-2012 07:03 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      You should download the latest nightly. They have a new wifi driver imbedded. Mine was always cranky with regards to Wifi and the latest nightly fixed it. Works perfectly all the time now. Give it a shot, they are always adding new stuff to the nightlies.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21871-rom...ld-discussion/
      I'm still having issues with my WiFi in CM so I'll have to try this tomorrow.

25. 10-29-2012 01:32 PM #95
      I’ve decided to install CyanogenMod 9 to my HP Touchpad but I have a couple of questions.

1. Is CM9 the most stable of them all?
      2. Is it easier to install CM7 than go to CM9 or can I simply install CM9 to my non-modified HPTP?
      3. Can someone provide me with a detailed write-up or video?

I have attempted to install CM9 once before but sadly I couldn’t get it to work so I was forced to use WebOS Doctor to bring my device back to life. The part I was stuck at was where I needed to type “novacom.exe boot mem://< ACMEInstaller2” and then to press “Enter.” I’ve tried a couple of different ways to boot into ACMEInstaller2 but it kept saying that the file wasn’t found or something of that nature. Also, it seems that ACMEInstaller3 is out; would this still work for CM9? Would I type something different then to boot into it? Thanks for any help!

11-05-2012 06:03 PM #96
      Just a heads up, 32gb on sellout.woot today.

http://sellout.woot.com/

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-19-2014 12:41 PM #97
      Anyone still using theirs? I just installed the latest nightly. Other than not being able to install the GApps its great.

02-21-2014 11:57 AM #98
      The one I sold to a friend is now dead. Memory controller issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123