Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HPA Motorsports Gen.2 Haldex Controller for Audi TT (Mk2)

1. 10-05-2011 01:32 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      Thanks. It's still not obvious to me from your website exactly what the differences are between specific cars' OEM controller (such as the TTRS) and the HPA modified controller. For example, this plot on your site is from the Mk5 R32:

A few questions:

1) Are these curves all generated with "zero" relative wheel slip? I assume the dyno rollers are all linked to have the same rotation rate, so I assume this is all "zero" slip.

2) How do these F/R power ratios change as the wheels slip? (is there any quantitative data on this?)

3) Is this "stock" gen2 relative F/R power ratio the same as for the gen4 cars? Do all gen4 cars have the same split? e.g., does the Tiguan and the TT-RS share the same stock gen4 Haldex controller settings for F/R power ratios vs. tire slip?

Thanks.

Sorry Marty,

HPA is not the manufacture of this article and as such, we don’t have further graphical representation for you. Haldex has been using the captures we have generated with our AWD dyno to showcase the variations available through a performance controller.

Wheel slip will generate different rates of transfer between the modes, Sport and Race commandeering a faster and more aggressive clutch engagement over OEM, but the net lock up will end up with the same delivery ratios as seen here on the Gen 2 plot we generated.

As for your third question. Yes, the fwd ratio is the same, the Gen 4 comes in three variants and offer OEM, race and ECO in the upgrade controller, Sport has been removed as Race was the preferred setting on Gen 2 platforms.
      Marcel Horn
      T: 604-888-7274
      HPA Motorsports
      Click here to join us on Facebook!
      Celebrating 24 years of tuning VW's

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      10-05-2011 08:10 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by HPA motorsports 1 View Post
      Sorry Marty,

HPA is not the manufacture of this article and as such, we don’t have further graphical representation for you. Haldex has been using the captures we have generated with our AWD dyno to showcase the variations available through a performance controller.

Wheel slip will generate different rates of transfer between the modes, Sport and Race commandeering a faster and more aggressive clutch engagement over OEM, but the net lock up will end up with the same delivery ratios as seen here on the Gen 2 plot we generated.

As for your third question. Yes, the fwd ratio is the same, the Gen 4 comes in three variants and offer OEM, race and ECO in the upgrade controller, Sport has been removed as Race was the preferred setting on Gen 2 platforms.
      Thanks for the follow-up! So is a technical rep from Haldex the right person to talk to for more detail on these controllers vs. stock?

3. 10-06-2011 12:29 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      Thanks for the follow-up! So is a technical rep from Haldex the right person to talk to for more detail on these controllers vs. stock?
      This link may be helpful in answering your questions...

4. 10-11-2011 05:40 PM #29
      E-mail or IM for special pricing...ask for the "Combo deal"...

This includes:

Gen.2 or Gen.4 Haldex Controller
      Haldex Cable + Switch

Be sure to confirm which coupling your vehicle uses before ordering...

5. 10-12-2011 01:18 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
      I have this and LOVE it..I keep mine in the "Race" mode all the time.

6. 10-13-2011 03:38 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by JRutter View Post
      I recently had a chance to put my car on the HPA dyno and we looked at the F / R split in race mode. It was much closer to a 50 / 50 split - almost a single line from about 4500 on up.

7. 10-18-2011 01:45 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      I switch it up for kicks every so often.
      Quote Originally Posted by 10Ten View Post
      race mode 100% since installing in '08.
      Everybody has their own preference...

Thank you to everyone that has taken advantage of the "Vortex Deal" so far!

More inventory is on the way soon...and I have a few Gen.2/4 left on the shelf if you are interested. They will go quick...

E-mail or IM me for pricing.

8. 10-20-2011 06:54 PM #33
      NEW LOWER PRICING!

Our HPA website has been updated to reflect new pricing ($100.00 lower) on our Gen. 2/4 Switchable Controllers, and our popular controller "Combos".

As part of our product mix, we are also now featuring, in addition to the Haldex cable/switch, the Haldex remote.

These remotes can be purchased separately, or as part of a Combo with the Gen.2 or Gen.4 controller.

IM or e-mail me for a quote including shipping to your destination.

9. 10-25-2011 07:34 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      As part of our product mix, we are also now featuring, in addition to the Haldex cable/switch, the Haldex remote.

These remotes can be purchased separately, or as part of a Combo with the Gen.2 or Gen.4 controller.
      Thank you for your orders!

10. 10-31-2011 04:14 PM #35
      Check out our "Combo pricing" for the purchase of a Gen.2 controller + remote OR cable/switch...$100 off...

HPA Website - Haldex Link

11. 11-07-2011 06:58 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      Thank you for your orders!!

12. 11-16-2011 01:45 PM #37
      Group Buy Opportunity

This has been posted for the Gen.4 Controller COMBO (with cable or remote)...anyone interested in a Gen.2 COMBO at similar pricing? Shoot me an IM or e-mail...thanks!

13. 12-05-2011 07:50 PM #39
      Gen.2 controllers, switches, and remotes in stock and ready to ship...

14. 12-12-2011 06:22 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by bazzle View Post
      Fitted mine 10 days ago

Fitted switch but left cable under rear seat, (switch fits perfectly in the cutout around the sender
      Left in Sport.
      There is a drivabilty difference, hard cornering pulls around a lot cleaner with less understeer drag.
      Taking off hard front tire rotation is at a minimum compared to standard.

15. 12-21-2011 07:24 PM #41
      Thank you for your orders!

16. 01-06-2012 08:08 PM #42
      All Haldex configurations in stock and ready to ship.

17. 01-26-2012 01:46 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      Big props to HPA.

Really friendly, solid customer service both on this (Haldex) occasion and when I purchased the core interlock mount a few months ago. They really are just a phone call away.

Appreciate the help guys and can't wait to reap the benefits. Thanks again.

18. 02-01-2012 04:21 PM #44
      All Controllers are in stock and ready to ship...we will match or beat all competitors' prices...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

19. 02-08-2012 07:36 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by ray32 View Post
      great products! one of the few products i have from HPA and looking foward to add a few more...

20. 02-15-2012 06:47 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by caraddict1 View Post
      Is this the correct generation for the 2008 B6 Passat 3.6 VR6 4Motion?
      You can easily help us identify which controller is required by checking this:

21. 02-22-2012 02:51 PM #47
      HPA will match or beat all competitors' prices on Haldex...IM or e-mail me for a quote.

22. 03-01-2012 05:28 PM #48
      UPS Canada is raising rates (dues to rising fuel costs) next week on Haldex Controllers (and other products shipped on "Air" service). Get your orders in before this Friday to save on shipping costs to the US and International destinations...

Thanks!

23. 03-09-2012 02:45 PM #49
      Additional Haldex inventory arriving next week...thank you for your orders!

24. 03-14-2012 01:02 PM #50
      Gen.2 Controllers, remotes, and cable/switch combinations back in stock and ready to ship...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast