Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Results 301 to 325 of 494

    Thread: Yes another Corrado Build.

    1. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      04-26-2012 12:52 PM #301
      Got the motor breathing better now...



      Got this little bundle of joy, moving this thing up into the new century!

      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    2. Member Markg813's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2010
      Location
      Townsend, DE
      Posts
      1,771
      Vehicles
      Platinum Grey GLI on jackstands / 2004 Jetta TDI on CCW's
      04-27-2012 03:11 AM #302
      Killer thread Now i want a rado...

    3. Member Sr. Karmann's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2009
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      9,193
      Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      04-27-2012 01:01 PM #303
      Quote Originally Posted by vwflygti View Post
      Got the motor breathing better now...



      Got this little bundle of joy, moving this thing up into the new century!

      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

      my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

    4. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      04-27-2012 03:18 PM #304
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    5. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-01-2012 10:20 AM #305
      Ordered one from tmtuning, should get it in a month. Looking forward to reviewing this...
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    6. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-01-2012 09:53 PM #306
      Installed the rightclick remote entry tonight. Was really easy with the universal kit. Don't hesitate!


      Still need to tidy up all the wiring. Also, found there is a vin tag here...


      And a little video. Windows down arent working. Doesn't work with key in door either, maybe corrado never had windows down option in 1990?

      Last edited by vwflygti; 05-02-2012 at 11:16 AM.
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    7. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-01-2012 09:56 PM #307
      Now nobody will mess with my car cause it's protected by a blue led!
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    8. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-01-2012 10:01 PM #308
      -Also, can someone offer some advice on getting my tach to work. I tried the vems tach signal output which is a ground source running a 1k resistor, with no luck.
      -I ohmed everything out to make sure I had the right wire and indeed it connects threw the fuse box to the green wire to the gauge cluster.
      -Tried connecting it directly to the green wire to the cluster also, no luck.
      -I'm running the bosch three wire coil pack. Middle pin is the 12v power from relay, outside two are the (-) signals from vems. With these (-) signal wires get me my tach signal like the factory corrado does?

      TIA
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2008
      Location
      Atlanta-Chicago
      Posts
      825
      Vehicles
      92 verde rado gernade(dd),90Q 20v, red rado 24v build
      05-01-2012 10:38 PM #309
      Quote Originally Posted by vwflygti View Post
      -Also, can someone offer some advice on getting my tach to work. I tried the vems tach signal output which is a ground source running a 1k resistor, with no luck.
      -I ohmed everything out to make sure I had the right wire and indeed it connects threw the fuse box to the green wire to the gauge cluster.
      -Tried connecting it directly to the green wire to the cluster also, no luck.
      -I'm running the bosch three wire coil pack. Middle pin is the 12v power from relay, outside two are the (-) signals from vems. With these (-) signal wires get me my tach signal like the factory corrado does?

      TIA
      Have check with kevin at lugtronic. I'm assuming you have 1990 with tach reading from the coil, and doesn't vems use vr crank sensor for rpm signal? would it be easier to use b4 passat 4 cylinder cluster or vr6 cluster bc it's get reading from ECM via crank sensor than coil.

      This would be question for karmann or profs315 to chime in.

    10. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-01-2012 10:52 PM #310
      Quote Originally Posted by chc-rado View Post
      Have check with kevin at lugtronic. I'm assuming you have 1990 with tach reading from the coil, and doesn't vems use vr crank sensor for rpm signal? would it be easier to use b4 passat 4 cylinder cluster or vr6 cluster bc it's get reading from ECM via crank sensor than coil.

      This would be question for karmann or profs315 to chime in.
      Yes. Exactly. G60 cluster is what I have. And yes vems gets it signal from a vr sensor. I'm sure I could use either one of those clusters. And...... I'd have to wire a speed sensor then, right? Can g60 02a trans take a speed sensor instead of cable? I'm sure a search could give me this answer also....
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    11. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-02-2012 09:19 AM #311
      Here karmann karmann karmann....
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    12. Member DWI_gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2004
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      2,187
      05-02-2012 11:11 AM #312
      Video not working, says its private

    13. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-02-2012 11:15 AM #313
      Quote Originally Posted by DWI_gti View Post
      Video not working, says its private
      Sorry, made it public. Thank you!
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    14. Member Sr. Karmann's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2009
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      9,193
      Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-02-2012 11:36 AM #314
      Quote Originally Posted by vwflygti View Post
      Ordered one from tmtuning, should get it in a month. Looking forward to reviewing this...
      Good luck, I have found RSD products to be VERY sub-par

      Quote Originally Posted by vwflygti View Post
      Yes. Exactly. G60 cluster is what I have. And yes vems gets it signal from a vr sensor. I'm sure I could use either one of those clusters. And...... I'd have to wire a speed sensor then, right? Can g60 02a trans take a speed sensor instead of cable? I'm sure a search could give me this answer also....
      Speed sensor should drop right in Just need the wiring harness and the cluster IIRC. (Sorry haven't had my dose of morning Dew yet)

      Quote Originally Posted by vwflygti View Post
      Here karmann karmann karmann....


      IIRC, the tach may differ from 90-91, not 100% on that tho, I have RPM signal through my crank trigger. I hooked up a dizzy G60 to a plain Jane MSII box, but need to think hard about how I got it to work, but you obviously have RPM signal, just need to get that signal to tachometer... I have a direct output from my MS unit to IIRC "G1/12 Green wire". Do you have the same option in VEMS where you can use a generic output, or a designated output wire? Are you sure your tach gauge even works?
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

      my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

    15. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-02-2012 03:04 PM #315
      Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Karmann View Post
      Good luck, I have found RSD products to be VERY sub-par
      Little disheartening! Guess we'll have to see...

      Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Karmann View Post
      Speed sensor should drop right in Just need the wiring harness and the cluster IIRC. (Sorry haven't had my dose of morning Dew yet)
      will the vr6 speed sensor screw right ontop of the g60 sensor? Looks like it's threaded speed sensor...

      Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Karmann View Post


      IIRC, the tach may differ from 90-91, not 100% on that tho, I have RPM signal through my crank trigger. I hooked up a dizzy G60 to a plain Jane MSII box, but need to think hard about how I got it to work, but you obviously have RPM signal, just need to get that signal to tachometer... I have a direct output from my MS unit to IIRC "G1/12 Green wire". Do you have the same option in VEMS where you can use a generic output, or a designated output wire? Are you sure your tach gauge even works?
      I do have a designated output. using channel 0 as a p259 tach output. I ordered channel 0 with a built in 1k resistor to ground the tach. its grounded and rated at 0.3a I have tried attaching it directly to the green wire on G1/12 with no luck. The divider is what I may need to play with. The tach used to work, not to say it still does though. I have another gauge cluster that maybe i'll try... Thanks Chad.
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    16. Member Sr. Karmann's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2009
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      9,193
      Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-02-2012 05:22 PM #316
      Quote Originally Posted by vwflygti View Post
      Little disheartening! Guess we'll have to see...



      will the vr6 speed sensor screw right ontop of the g60 sensor? Looks like it's threaded speed sensor...



      I do have a designated output. using channel 0 as a p259 tach output. I ordered channel 0 with a built in 1k resistor to ground the tach. its grounded and rated at 0.3a I have tried attaching it directly to the green wire on G1/12 with no luck. The divider is what I may need to play with. The tach used to work, not to say it still does though. I have another gauge cluster that maybe i'll try... Thanks Chad.
      I did a group buy with a few Corrado buddies on the RSD hoodlift, HOOOOORRRRIIIIBBBBLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! First off, the hardware rusted in like a day & fitment was a joke! I sent them all back for a full refund from TM

      I do believe so, but ask in the experts thread

      I do not know why you need the resistor, possibly like something I have built on my board, but I did not solder anything on my MSExtra card, dunno with VEMS, what did the rep (Kevin?) say?
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

      my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

    17. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-02-2012 08:43 PM #317
      Didn't talk to Kevin. I used a different dealer but will try to get in touch with Kevin. Sucks on the hood lifts.
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    18. Member 1broknrado's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2005
      Location
      Charlotte NC
      Posts
      13,154
      Vehicles
      24v Corrado, 07 Ram 1500 sport 4x4
      05-02-2012 09:04 PM #318
      post up when you find out because i have the same issue. Connected the VEMS right to g1/ something i forgot right now but when is started car up, i had to no tach signal either.
      My 24v Vr6 Corrado Build Thread
      Instagram: @instimgramm
      FS: SLC Front Bumper $100 in CT
      Quote Originally Posted by Inkarnata View Post
      Corrado's come with cocaine in the dash vents, blows it straight into your face and gets you hooked....

    19. Member Sr. Karmann's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2009
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      9,193
      Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-02-2012 09:10 PM #319
      Quote Originally Posted by vwflygti View Post
      Didn't talk to Kevin. I used a different dealer but will try to get in touch with Kevin. Sucks on the hood lifts.
      Quote Originally Posted by 1broknrado View Post
      post up when you find out because i have the same issue. Connected the VEMS right to g1/ something i forgot right now but when is started car up, i had to no tach signal either.
      May be a stupid question, but here goes... Could the issue lie in your tach settings? I personally forget how many volts the tach needs to operate, IIRC 0-5v
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

      my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

    20. Member 1broknrado's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2005
      Location
      Charlotte NC
      Posts
      13,154
      Vehicles
      24v Corrado, 07 Ram 1500 sport 4x4
      05-02-2012 09:25 PM #320
      its possible...and yes it is a 0.5v

      Just looked at the wiring spreadsheet i have and my VEMS is channel 0 as well and goes to g1/12. But it does not say if its a ground trigger or a .5v, so i couldn't verify that for you. sorry.
      Last edited by 1broknrado; 05-02-2012 at 10:15 PM.
      My 24v Vr6 Corrado Build Thread
      Instagram: @instimgramm
      FS: SLC Front Bumper $100 in CT
      Quote Originally Posted by Inkarnata View Post
      Corrado's come with cocaine in the dash vents, blows it straight into your face and gets you hooked....

    21. Member DWI_gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2004
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      2,187
      05-04-2012 09:51 AM #321
      Didn't talk to Kevin. I used a different dealer but will try to get in touch with Kevin.
      Why didn’t you get one from Kevin, yeah you probably got it a few bucks cheaper but his support and basemaps he supplies are well worth it. Should go back to your VEMS dealer and ask questions.

      update: I let Ben (someone he works with offten) know about this see if he can get the time to pop on give you a answer
      Last edited by DWI_gti; 05-04-2012 at 09:54 AM.

    22. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-04-2012 10:47 AM #322
      Quote Originally Posted by DWI_gti View Post
      Why didn’t you get one from Kevin, yeah you probably got it a few bucks cheaper but his support and basemaps he supplies are well worth it. Should go back to your VEMS dealer and ask questions.

      update: I let Ben (someone he works with offten) know about this see if he can get the time to pop on give you a answer
      Thank you, I don't doubt kevin's support is great. My good friend @ EP Racing is a VEMS distributer with basemaps as well. Who got me everything, yes for a great price, less than most pay for MS and made my whole wire harness for me for next to nothing.... VEMS does offer great support in there forums. I am waiting from Rob @ VEMS for confirmation to sign up as they closed open registration. My friend said he is sure he can figure it out, just thought I'd ask here first incase someone ran into this problem already.
      Last edited by vwflygti; 05-04-2012 at 10:57 AM.
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    23. Member DWI_gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 11th, 2004
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      2,187
      05-04-2012 11:15 AM #323
      im sure the vmes fourms will get your the answer you need.

    24. Member vwflygti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 10th, 2002
      Location
      Pennsburg, Pa
      Posts
      1,027
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4, 1990 corrado aba/16vt, 2004 audi A6, 2008 Aprillia 450svx, 2003 Kawasaki Z1000
      05-04-2012 11:21 AM #324
      Quote Originally Posted by DWI_gti View Post
      im sure the vmes fourms will get your the answer you need.
      Thanks again...
      CHECK OUT MY BUILDS AT WWW.BUILDMYS4.COM
      2000 AUDI S4 RS6/54MM BILLET WHEELS
      1990 VW CORRADO ABA/16VT PRECISION 5857 .63 A/RCORRADO BUILD THREAD

    25. Member Sr. Karmann's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2009
      Location
      Jacksonville, FL
      Posts
      9,193
      Vehicles
      91 Corrado 2.0l 16v on MS3X, Parked like Jurassic... 83 Cabby 1.8l 16v... 88 Powerplay XLT-185
      05-04-2012 11:25 AM #325
      Quote Originally Posted by DWI_gti View Post
      im sure the vmes fourms will get your the answer you need.
      I assume they are not like the MS forums ........
      Quote Originally Posted by crazynorweegian View Post
      Good luck, might want to get vaccinated for "while-I-am-in-there" syndrome.
      tek-euro.com SpoonFedTuning

      my Corrado's specs on corrado-database / My Corrado Build Thread / My Cabby Build Thread / My Boat Build: 18' Powerplay w/5.7l V8

    Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •