Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Coding RNS310 to Bluetooth

1. 08-20-2011 02:23 PM #1
      Hi all,

I have retrofitted a Volkswagen OEM Bluetooth unit to my Golf MK6 which has a factory RNS310 Navigation Radio fitted. The CAN BUS Gateway has been set using VCDS to show the bluetooth module present. All connectors are seated fine but when pressing the phone button the RNS310 just mutes as it did before and doesn't show the phone display.

I have access to a car with an RNS510 and swapped this unit with the RNS310 in the problem car and the phone display is correctly selected by pressing the phone button on the unit. The phone pairs fine with both units (I hear the chime on connect), I just can't select the phone display on the RNS310. I had a look through the 37-Navigation channel in VCDS but see no documented settings I can change for the phone button.

Is there some setting which can be changed through VCDS for the RNS310 phone button to function correctly with the bluetooth unit fitted (not mute)? If anyone can assist, it would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. 08-21-2011 05:11 AM #2
      Have you selected 77 telephone when coding

3. 08-28-2011 06:11 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by teerak2uk View Post
      Have you selected 77 telephone when coding
      Hi there, yes I have.

After messaging the seller of my original device, he has informed me that the bluetooth module is different for the RNS310. Thought it was, but maybe not now... Thanks.

4. n00b
      Vehicles
      VW Passat Highline Plus TDI 140 Estate
      09-23-2011 06:27 AM #4
      HI UKguy,

Just wondering if you ever sorted out your problem with the RNS310 not picking up the mobile phone you are pairing it up with?
      Mine is not picking up the speakers - so although it is paired, I can't hear anything through my car speakers.

Could you suggest anything?

5. 09-23-2011 08:57 AM #5
      I saw on auction company who recode RNS 310 for Bluetooth. have no idea what is going on with this, but look like its no so simple.
      Keylessgo in my car finally made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b40w8xfera4

6. 09-27-2011 11:49 AM #6
      Very interested in knowing the exact part number of your installed RNS310?

We've just taken delivery of a new Golf VI at work which has had the RNS310 retrofitted by the dealer before delivery and my suspicion is that they have used old stock and fitted a gen 1 unit. I've fitted premium bluetooth and the MFD and steering wheel etc all work fine but there is no bluetooth interface on the head unit itself.

The RNS 310 says it is on Software 0231 and Hardware H15 which from my research is very out of date. Managed to get a V3 disc set form the dealer which has allowed the maps to use 7-digit postcodes but I wear hoping the unit might have updated its firmware at the same time like the Audi RNS-E does, but unless there's a secret button combination to press to put it in update mode then I don't think its going to work.

ANyone out there with any knowledge on this?

Cheers

7. 09-28-2011 05:18 AM #7
      RNS 315 or RNS 310 ? I thinkt that 315 have BT Inc unit. No need separate controler

8. 09-28-2011 10:43 AM #8
      RNS310 - I've fitted premium bluetooth separately.

9. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      09-29-2011 12:29 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
      RNS 315 or RNS 310 ? I thinkt that 315 have BT Inc unit. No need separate controler
      Yes, the model year 2012 + US vehicles with the RNS-315 (1K0 035 274 B) have integral BT. They do not have a separate 77 module and the functions are similar to the 9W7 system.
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup

10. 09-30-2011 10:01 AM #10
      How easy is activate this internal BT ? Or is activate all the time ?

11. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      09-30-2011 12:34 PM #11
      It is always active by default on the US cars ... but I didn't look to see if it can be turned off via coding so I'll take a look at that possibility. Bump this back up if I forget
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup

12. 10-01-2011 07:31 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by wildfirejc View Post
      HI UKguy,

Just wondering if you ever sorted out your problem with the RNS310 not picking up the mobile phone you are pairing it up with?
      Mine is not picking up the speakers - so although it is paired, I can't hear anything through my car speakers.

Could you suggest anything?
      I think the problem in my case was that the bluetooth module wasn't compatible with the RNS310. It looks like a bluetooth module working with the RNS510 does not necessarily mean it will be backwards compatible with the RNS310. I think your case is different...

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2011/Skoda/Superb 2 Combi 2.0 TDI 170
      11-29-2011 05:48 PM #13
      Hi guys.

I'm preparing to retrofit the BT module to my car, but so far I just started to worry about it.
      First of all - I have RNS310, BT module 3C8 035 730 A - III gen with rSAP.

In the coming days I will receive the harness and I will start the retrofit.

My question is:
      - is any chance, my RNS (for sure not 2011 or 12 model) will support the phonebook, dialing etc?
      - how to pair the phone, when I have simple MFA (non-MaxiDot)? I just pair my bluetooth module in another car with MaxiDot, but in case of phone change there will be an issue...

14. 01-28-2012 03:45 PM #14
      Sorry to bring this up again..
      Same issue here..
      RNS 310 in combination with bluetooth module 5P0 862 335 B does not display the phone book (fitted in a Seat Altea - similar with Golf V). Everything works ok (well, except that the "phone" button on the steering wheel does not open the phone book on the MFA display and i can't answer a phone call by pressing it. The steering wheel is the 2010 + model, identical to Golf VI).

Does anyone has ever seen an RNS 310 displaying the phone book? Because i've searched the internet up and down and there wasn't a single image og that.. Plenty of RNS 315, but nothing on 310.

My personal guess is that i should try another bluetooth unit..Maybe the skoda unit 1Z0 035 729 B.
      Has anyone tried that?

Thank you!

15. 05-26-2012 08:10 AM #15
      Hi ukguy
      Did you get a solution for your bluetoth problem?
      I have just bought a Bettle MJ 2012 and installed a RNS 310 sw 227 and a 5K0 035 730D BT module but cant get it working.
      Everything seems fine in the CAN GW but radio and MFA+ cant see it.
      Radio + Nav is being displayed fine in MFA+
      Which module did you end up with?

Regards from Denmark

16. Member
      Vehicles
      Various Variants
      10-03-2012 05:16 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Dana @ Ross-Tech View Post
      It is always active by default on the US cars ... but I didn't look to see if it can be turned off via coding so I'll take a look at that possibility. Bump this back up if I forget
      I bought a US spec RNS-315 that was to be installed in a car without a factory BT option. The RNS-315 had been pulled from a car that had a separate BT module. In order to get the internal BT module to switch on, I had to use VCDS to access the 37 Nav controller and uncheck an option that said "make BT module inactive." I think it was the fourth position in the long coding string.

17. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      10-03-2012 08:34 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Outrider6 View Post
      I bought a US spec RNS-315 that was to be installed in a car without a factory BT option. The RNS-315 had been pulled from a car that had a separate BT module. In order to get the internal BT module to switch on, I had to use VCDS to access the 37 Nav controller and uncheck an option that said "make BT module inactive." I think it was the fourth position in the long coding string.
      Yes, in Byte 3 (which is the 4th position from left to right) "Telephone Transceiver/Bluetooth (Internal) inactive" is available in the long coding helper.
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup