Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 2003 Audi Avant 1.8TQ 74k miles, Columbus, OH 43211

1. 08-24-2011 01:23 AM #1
      SOLD !!!
      I am offering from a private seller, with clean and clear title in hand (with my name on it), a:
      2003 Audi Avant 1.8T Quattro AT5

it is still under Audi 12 year warranty against corrosion perforation (not that it has so much as single speck of rust on it)

it came new with following options at the cost of $34,985.00 :
      - light silver metallic
      - ebony interior (no wood trim!!!)
      - automatic 5-speed transmission with Tiptronic
      - Premium Package (Glass Sunroof, Homelink Garage Door Opener, Leather Seating Surfaces, 12-way power driver seat)
      - 17" cast alloy wheels (just completely redone!!!)
      - Bose Premium Sound
      - Cold Weather Package (Heated Front Seats, Ski Sack)
      - Xenon Headlights
      - Rear Side Airbags (rare!!!)

this vehicle is 100% stock with the exception of a custom Y-pipe that was put in to eliminate the stock center section due to a small leak. The custom mandrel bent and welded Y-pipe cost $200 installed at the local speed shop - the VAG part alone costs $380. The rear mufflers still look like brand new and it was not justifiable to go full turboback aftermarket and also not justifiable to spend $380 on a stock center section when a full aftermarket system costs $1000. This has worked out well for me as the new center section (stock diameter) produces a nice low rumble at the sweet spot.

The car has only minor cosmetic blemishes and is mechanically at 100%.
      There is a small crack in the driver side seat and some rock chips and minor dents.
      Since the wheels have been refinished one wheel has suffered some slight curbage and another a few minor rockchips - it is all pictured (link to pics below).

Here is an updated summary of the maintenance and repairs performed in the last months:

- 7-30-2012, 95881 miles, wheels and tires rotated and balanced free of charge at discount tire
      - 5-31-2012, 92340 miles, replaced crankcase bleeder valve incl. clamps and brake light switch at MOTORKARS ($223.11)
      - 4-27-2012, 91054 miles, replaced rear brake rotors and pads, minor service at MOTORKARS ($418.99)
      - 4-5-2012, 89389 miles, replaced PCV breather valve, erased fault codes, etc. at MOTORKARS ($212.75)
      - 3-12-2012, 88251 miles, replaced PCV Breather elbow (06A103213F), seal and clamps, erased fault codes at MOTORKARS ($301.14)
      - 2-15-2012, 86xxx miles, 2 inch stainless steel flex pipe replaced ($96.03 incl. 1 year warranty)
      - 12-23-2011, 83404 miles, at the cost of $1899.83 following parts were replaced & things attended to along with a major service at MOTORKARS:
      Timing belt & tensioner incl roller, water pump, serpentine belt & tensioner, idler pulley, coolant flange, valve cover gasket, ECT sensor & O-ring, cam chain tensioner seal, cabin filter, NGK long life spark plugs, BG 44k fuel treatment, coolant flush and new coolant and oil (Castrol Syntec 5W40).
      Furthermore the heater core, radiator and engine block were backflushed, the engine snub mount was replaced and the raintray drain spouts were modified to remedy the water not running off properly from the rain tray (common issue and well documented fix).
      - 12-22-2011, had one wheel redone at wheel medic under warranty due to cracking in the powder coat (curing failure)
      - 10-7-2011, new oil dipstick funnel (06B-103-663-G) at MAG ($10.43)
      - 10-3-2011, 77519 miles, wheels straightened and powder coated in OE silver at wheel medic ($645.84)
      - 10-3-2011, 77519 miles, new Continental Extreme Contact DWS All Season tires at Discount Tire ($668)
      - 8-13-2011 full interior leatherique treatment on the last hot day of the season (let it bake for 6 hrs at 92F)
      - 8-11-2011, 73615 miles, minor service at Byers ($88.30)
      - 8-11-2011 installed new battery cover (tabs broke off, common issue, $29.50)
      - 8-11-2011 replaced driver seat lumbar support (known issue and well documented fix) (part cost $148)
      - 7-24-2011 installed Seat Back Repair Kit ($50.14)
      - 7-24-2011 new Audi Symphony Stereo (8E0035195A, because the buttons were worn off - yes, i am that anal)
      - 7-24-2011, new warning triangle case lock ($12.89)
      - 7-24-2011, 71374 miles, new cabin air filter ($17.58)
      - 7-18-2011, stainless steel license plate fasteners ($6.15)
      - 7-16-2011, 71072 miles, new air filter (Purolator A45457, $23.06)
      - 6-2-2011, 71000 miles, all coils replaced under warranty
      - 1-3-2011, installed new wiper arms and blades (part cost $165.46)
      - 12-8-2010, 68923 miles, minor service, replaced bulbs and bulb holder, new front brake discs and pads ($708)
      - 8-28-2009, 61376 miles, replaced transmission prop shaft seal and replaced fluid, replaced trunk latch actuator at ($687)
      etc. etc.

the vehicle was serviced and maintained at Byers Imports while under warranty, then, as always, off to MOTORKARS.
      I have every document from the window sticker, service records, repair records and every receipt for everything I ever bought for it.

For over 100 pictures please click: here.

i have a clean carfax in hand that I can email any interested parties.
      This is the perfect vehicle for a young professional family.
      We just took it from Columbus to Lake Ontario all the way through New England to Bar Harbor Maine (Acadia National Park) and back
      and would not hesitate to do it again tomorrow.

i only accept cash at any local huntington. nothing else. I will save you money on taxes.
      asking SOLD obo.

kind regards

Last edited by boese78; 08-21-2012 at 10:20 PM.
      Forum Rules - here is the most important one :
      • If you are selling a car the thread title should read FS: Year, Make, Model, Mileage, Location
      and do not bitch but instead help the mods and admins with this thankless job by reporting any posts in violation of any of the rules.

2. 09-02-2011 12:27 PM #2
      Still reluctantly for sale?

Has the timing belt service been done?

Very clean car, and well documented!

3. 10-20-2011 06:40 PM #3
      bump for :
      - wheels refinished (3 were also straightened) in OE Silver at wheel medic
      - new set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires
      - new pics
      - price update

• If you are selling a car the thread title should read FS: Year, Make, Model, Mileage, Location
      and do not bitch but instead help the mods and admins with this thankless job by reporting any posts in violation of any of the rules.

10-22-2011 01:50 PM #4
      I really wish you were closer to MA. This is the exact car I am looking for.

5. 10-22-2011 02:18 PM #5
      i was just in Boston, MA with the car and travel to your neck of the woods quite frequently.
      That means i have no problem with delivering the car after up front payment,
      and would give you the money back if i wrecked the car on the way or anything crazy like that.

on the other hand getting in a plane is a small price to pay for the exact thing you are looking for.

10-23-2011 11:59 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by boese78 View Post
      i was just in Boston, MA with the car and travel to your neck of the woods quite frequently.
      That means i have no problem with delivering the car after up front payment,
      and would give you the money back if i wrecked the car on the way or anything crazy like that.

on the other hand getting in a plane is a small price to pay for the exact thing you are looking for.
      Hmm. That is quite tempting. Could you provide me with with VIN number?

I actually flew to PA and drove 5 hours back to buy my last GTI. It's not really an option for me right now as I jut started a new job last week and have been quite busy with that.

7. 10-23-2011 01:23 PM #7
      please PM me your email address and I will send you VIN and carfax,
      furthermore there are over 100 pics here :

http://rides.webshots.com/slideshow/580764035xHFXfq

you can also see the VIN on the windowsticker....

i know how a new job goes, but fly in saturday morning and be home for dinner .....

8. 11-01-2011 12:03 PM #8
      anyone ? where are the avant aficionados ?

9. 11-01-2011 07:58 PM #9
      Right here. Just waiting to hear if I get this job and the signing bonus. If so, we'll be talking soon.

10. 11-01-2011 07:59 PM #10
      well then good luck with that!!!

Vehicles
      05 GTI, 01.5 Audi S4 avant
      11-03-2011 11:43 PM #11
      interested and in the cleveland area. Just waiting for some funds to free up.. watching
      Ohio State
      .::Stout Kraut::.

12. 11-04-2011 12:05 AM #12
      perfect. if there is any questions let me know.
      there are tons of pics linked....

13. 11-11-2011 11:23 AM #13
      so has anyone been able to scare up any loot ????

14. 11-17-2011 06:35 PM #14
      just got back from the carolinas -> updated mileage.

flawless performance, new tires are great, drove through tornado watch emergency warnings and rain so crazy i almost had to stop a couple of times and also saw the first snow in the VA mountains and a lowest temp of 31F !!

where are all the avant savants ???

Vehicles
      2004 Pawntiac GTO
      11-25-2011 02:02 AM #15
      Oh, we're around.

Definitely interested...how negotiable is the price?

16. 11-28-2011 09:05 AM #16
      sent PM 11-26-2011 07:29 AM

Quote Originally Posted by protzler View Post
      Oh, we're around.

Definitely interested...how negotiable is the price?

17. 11-30-2011 02:42 PM #17
      unbelievable.....

18. 12-01-2011 12:43 AM #18
      Turned down job. 20k cash bonus too. Salary sucked.
      Was so close to calling you.

Will probably be gone by the time I figure things out. Le bummed.

19. 12-02-2011 05:25 PM #19
      well you never know. i just discovered that the clear coat in one of the wheels is cracked.
      i will have wheelmedic redo that asap. i am confident it will not be a problem, not worried about it.

20. 12-08-2011 11:05 AM #20
      as soon as i get time wheelmedic will refinish the wheel on which the clear coat cracked.
      already talked to him.

update * 12-12 * - just dropped the spare wheel of at wheel medic and replace
      with the one with the cracked clear coat Wednesday if I can get to it.
      Last edited by boese78; 12-12-2011 at 12:05 PM.

21. 12-24-2011 03:20 PM #21
      major update.
      wheel redone at wheel medic (so now the spare is also straightened and rebalanced).
      major service and major PM mission taken care of yesterday.

udpated description and price.

looking for a downpipe or will replace flex joint as soon as i get around to it.

22. 12-26-2011 04:53 PM #22

This is a sweet ride.
      Worth it.
      Instead of buying gifts for my kids, I shoulda bought this for myself.

23. 12-30-2011 01:00 PM #23
      tons of lookers and tirekickers, but no takers.
      as soon as i found a downpipe this thing will be back to 100%.

24. 01-02-2012 12:46 PM #24
      happy new year bump - 84k miles.

taking it to NJ tomorrow.

25. 01-23-2012 10:05 PM #25
      unbelievable - so many views.....

26. 01-26-2012 03:18 PM #26
      Man, wish you were closer! That's exactly what I'm looking for! I've had two Audi's, currently a 2008 A4 S-Line. Looking to replace my commuter (98 Volvo) with another A4...

27. 01-26-2012 03:32 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by bmxmaddie View Post
      Man, wish you were closer! That's exactly what I'm looking for! I've had two Audi's, currently a 2008 A4 S-Line. Looking to replace my commuter (98 Volvo) with another A4...
      distance is not an issue. i can bring this to anyplace for a PPI locally, you can fly in and ride home, i can even deliver or have it delivered. whatever you want.

Chicago is one of our favorite weekend getaway cities and we would use any excuse to come up for a weekend !!!

28. 02-03-2012 01:49 PM #28
      over 4000 views - unbelievable....

29. 02-12-2012 03:23 PM #29
      bump

30. Member
      Vehicles
      IY 20th, 2006 A6 3.2
      02-12-2012 05:16 PM #30
      I love the car and I'm an Avant aficionado, but I don't have the cash you want for the car unfortunately. I have an '03 20th GTI, but that's about it :[

31. 02-15-2012 01:36 PM #31
      seems like no one has any cash these days, so i would not feel bad about it.
      replaced the flex pipe this morning and the car is back to 100% !!!

32. Member
      Vehicles
      IY 20th, 2006 A6 3.2
      02-15-2012 04:51 PM #32
      Well, if my situation changes in any way/you wake up one morning really wanting a 20th, I'll be around.

33. 02-15-2012 05:38 PM #33

ok, i will let you know - in the meantime should i email you a carfax / window sticker / VIN number so you can apply for a loan ?
      if so, shoot me your email address via PM.

Vehicles
      2004/vw/Jetta GLI 1.8T
      02-16-2012 03:53 PM #34
      Drive down to Florida so i can buy it

35. 02-17-2012 01:47 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Mafiamike954 View Post
      Drive down to Florida so i can buy it
      buy it and i will drive it down to FL !
      i was just in wellington / miami beach last week.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast