Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Diablo 3 thread: everything D3 related

Vehicles
      04 .:R. 87 325IC/M50
      08-24-2011 04:00 PM #1
      So as the beta approaches and the game is soon(hopefully) to be released, I think it's time for a Diablo 3 thread for everything D3 related.

What are you planning on rolling first?
      I'm planning on rolling a Demon hunter. Obvious reasons, it's got solo-ability. I see it as a character that you could get through inferno with by yourself. Plus it will compliment my buddy's Barb well when we rush through the game initially. We're trying to get through inferno before anyone else so hopefully we can 2 man it easily.

Check in here and hopefully we can get a bunch of texer' together to play with when it comes out.

The new site is up for everyone to check out also
      http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/

Updated with battle tags.
      Lurkin bunny: immortal#1630
      Surferbobgolf: surferbob#1387
      Mr.honda: Jkor88#1531
      Ctsjetta: shawnt#2280
      Hostile: hostile#1562
      Eddie291: eddie#1689
      Clean pg: steeze#1669
      Nismo4life: nismo4life#1852
      Staygold89: StayGold#1467
      DustinM: Jarrock#1993
      mfbmike: glitchmob#1180
      Whiteuro: whiteuro#1357
      SOAR: BackwerdsMan #1412
      Gredvig: Peteyfresh#1331
      AOnarch: Aonarch#1269
      Max Rebo: Brewhaha#1134
      Last edited by Lurkin bunny; 05-31-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      08-24-2011 04:07 PM #2
      what year is it?
      it hasn't come out yet!?

08-25-2011 01:59 PM #3
      I'll be all over this game, cant wait. definitely down to team up with some fellow texers as well.

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      09-01-2011 09:01 AM #4
      i will for sure be taking a "sick" day when this game releases , but the biggest thing is i cant seem to find the system requirements? my laptop is roughly 5 years old so the last thing i want is to not meet the minimum req's on release day, does anyone know if they've been posted yet?

i certainly put half of my teenage years into d2 only to get hacked a couple years ago, so i'm somewhat hoping to avoid that with this one

my prized possession while i played, and i'm still on the hunt to find who hacked it and the rest of my account from me
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      09-01-2011 09:18 AM #5
      some more d2 item goodness to reminisce while i wait for d3 to release. i cant wait to see how intricate d3's item/gear is.

all of this is also in the possession of whoever hacked my account

|| Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

Vehicles
      2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      09-01-2011 09:20 AM #6
      Anyone here plannin on having sex with a woman as well?? Just playinnn

Vehicles
      09-01-2011 09:25 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by turb0mikey View Post
      Anyone here plannin on having sex with a woman as well?? Just playinnn
      hell no, that'd cut into my play time

09-01-2011 12:11 PM #8
      Hoping the beta test releases soon.

What classes are people thinkin about? The witch doctor looks like a lot of fun, I think that might be what I go for.
      Last edited by SOAR; 09-01-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      09-01-2011 01:57 PM #9
      I'll be playing with 3 other friends, maybe 4 so we will each go with a different class. I'll grab the barbarian as I always do.
      Modify your VW online at Dubmodder

Vehicles
      09-01-2011 02:24 PM #10
      1st character i build is going to be one that has the best ability to use independently which will likely be the Wizard. Barbarian is a close 2nd but the Wizard is more skill-based so it has potential to be stronger without having to worry too much about needing great gear.

but after i get 1 char made and useable then ill be going to the Witch Doctor, closest thing to the Druid in d2 and i'm all about druids

(sucks no sign of anything that can shapeshift though, scares me to think that only the Monk and Barbarian are going to be the primary melee classes for pvp )

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      09-01-2011 03:25 PM #11
      I'm just worried that I might mess up my character, and ending up wasting gameplay hours on it. I clearly remember my first character in D2. It was a necromancer. I finally realized how useless he was by the time I got to about level 25. I just ended up restarting as a barbarian.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      09-01-2011 03:43 PM #12
      That's pretty much impossible to do this time around, from what I was hearing from interviews.

So, no more trial and error.

Vehicles
      09-01-2011 03:43 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by eddie291 View Post
      I'm just worried that I might mess up my character, and ending up wasting gameplay hours on it. I clearly remember my first character in D2. It was a necromancer. I finally realized how useless he was by the time I got to about level 25. I just ended up restarting as a barbarian.
      if you do a lot of research as blizz keeps release more and more info about the classes/skills/equipment you may be able to have a pretty good idea what youre doing before you start, but my guess is theyre not going to leak all that detail before it launches. so theres a chance that building a "crappy" char off the bat is going to be somewhat inevitable

Vehicles
      09-01-2011 03:57 PM #14
      It's going to be pretty much impossible to f up a character this time around. Not being able to freely put stat points in yourself as they are all done for you.

I just hope they put windforce back in the game. Loved that bow to death. I'm also dying to see how runes will effect skills as much as they do. Electric arrows anyone?

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      09-01-2011 04:09 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Lurkin bunny View Post
      It's going to be pretty much impossible to f up a character this time around. Not being able to freely put stat points in yourself as they are all done for you.

I just hope they put windforce back in the game. Loved that bow to death. I'm also dying to see how runes will effect skills as much as they do. Electric arrows anyone?
      Wait, what? You basically don't do anything when you level up now? How about spells and skills?
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

Vehicles
      09-01-2011 05:26 PM #16
      You get to choose which skills you want to use at that particular moment. Does that count? It's all done for you now, you just get to choose between a set of 6 skills you want to use at the time. You can switch it out anytime though (although they haven't said when you're restricted from switching them yet). I'm betting you'll be able to switch them in town and not in combat or out in the field of play.

Edit: now instead of plugging points into skills to use you unlock new skills at certain levels. I.e. Let's say you hit lvl 6 on a barb and you get leap attack and you can use it and when you hit 10 you get a new skill let's say ww. So instead of saving 10 skill point to just save and get straight to ww and none of the other skills on that tree.
      Last edited by Lurkin bunny; 09-01-2011 at 05:29 PM.

09-01-2011 05:34 PM #17
      Here is a video where they explain their reasoning behind the removal of skill points.

Vehicles
      09-02-2011 09:28 AM #18
      cant see the video at work so i gotta wait till i go home for lunch to check it out, but that sounds like 1 sick sick joke i trust the developers but from what ive read in articles explaining it, it seems like theyre taking away a very big part of what makes diablo known as the game it is in terms of character customization.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      09-02-2011 10:12 AM #19
      After listening to him it sounds really cool. I like the idea of having 6 skills at a time and having to choose your build. In D2 everyone just saved their points and piled them in 1 or 2 skills. Now you have to think about what you want to use, and select 6 of the skills. It will make more more diversity in the long run, I like it!

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      09-02-2011 12:42 PM #20
      eh, there were absolute builds in D2 (bowazon, hammerdin, shockadin, etc) and some that were only good for top level pvp. People were never forced to play as these type of characters.

Just because people put a large amount of skill points into 1 or 2 skills doesn't matter because, you have to chose what you wanted to focus on before Hell or Nightmare difficult. Most of us know that in up in those levels monsters get Resistances. If you haven't picked your main/sub skill by those difficulties, you may very well indeed have to start over or get another player to help.

Kind of the same for stats. You have to figure out what you wanted to wear and put points accordingly.

Now, you get none of that. Instead, you get to chose a skill to improve by Rune (improved magic missile as and example). Chose 6 skills and just go at it..

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      09-02-2011 01:34 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post
      eh, there were absolute builds in D2 (bowazon, hammerdin, shockadin, etc) and some that were only good for top level pvp. People were never forced to play as these type of characters.

Just because people put a large amount of skill points into 1 or 2 skills doesn't matter because, you have to chose what you wanted to focus on before Hell or Nightmare difficult. Most of us know that in up in those levels monsters get Resistances. If you haven't picked your main/sub skill by those difficulties, you may very well indeed have to start over or get another player to help.

Kind of the same for stats. You have to figure out what you wanted to wear and put points accordingly.

Now, you get none of that. Instead, you get to chose a skill to improve by Rune (improved magic missile as and example). Chose 6 skills and just go at it..
      Yes but now you can re-spec incase certain acts require different skills. Maybe monsters are more prone to ice in one act you you'd spec accordingly. Very cool.

09-02-2011 01:36 PM #22
      Sounds like you stopped playing before patch 1.13... You can respec in D2 now.

Vehicles
      09-02-2011 02:30 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      Sounds like you stopped playing before patch 1.13... You can respec in D2 now.
      the respec added in 1.13 was for all the players who were crying that they spent countless hours leveling in baal runs only to realize they effed up something about their build and didnt wanna have to start all over. if you know what youre doing you dont need to respec.

the inability to truly modify your skills to the depth you could in d2 will be kinda . its obvious there will be some pretty serious cookie cutter builds that come about in the new game, but a GOOD game will let someone be successful with out-of-the-box character setups, hopefully d3 will give us that opportunity.

Example - a pure foh or hammerdin from d2 as compared to a mage that could do great damage with both. so im crossing my fingers that hybrids will be viable.

09-02-2011 03:19 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      the inability to truly modify your skills to the depth you could in d2 will be kinda .
      Yeah, that's the way i feel.

On another note... This is awesome.

A few weeks ago, Diablo 3’s developers let slip that their game might have a difficulty level harder
      than “Hell” called Inferno. This week, Blizzard confirmed that this new difficulty level is making it into
      the game. And they say it will present an endgame challenge of mythic proportions.

The game will of course still start with normal difficulty, which should present some tests of skill but
      for the most part be a skeleton piñata party. Once you beat the game you gain access to Nightmare
      difficulty, which contains more difficult monsters that you face down with the skills and gear you
      acquired beating the game on normal. When you beat nightmare, you unlock Hell difficulty, which until
      now had been the apex of diabolic difficulties.

But upon completing Hell difficulty in Diablo 3, you gain access to the new Inferno difficulty. In order to
      even play on the Inferno setting, your character has to have reached the maximum level cap of 60, and
      for good reason. Inferno-level monsters are super-charged to make the game a living nightmare… er…
      inferno. Even the most powered-up, twinked out, twitchy-fingered dynamos of destruction are going to
      be in constant danger playing on this fourth difficulty setting.

Monsters in Inferno will have more hitpoints, deal more damage, be more aggressive, and even use
      some skills they don’t use in the previous three difficulties. Every monster in Inferno will have a “level”
      of 61, higher than your character’s level. To contrast, in Diablo 2, monsters could only get up to level
      87 in Hell, while characters could get as high as 99. This means that even the lowliest zombie in Inferno
      could be as deadly as Hell Baal.

But by far the most important aspect of the Inferno difficulty is the fact that all areas of the world are
      balanced to be of equal difficulty. Notice that I said all monsters have a level of 61 – that’s exactly 61.
      To use Diablo 2 terminology, the monsters in the Inferno Blood Moor would be the same difficulty -
      and have the same chance to drop high level item drops – as the ones in Inferno Worldstone Keep. This
      uniform balancing is supposed to diminish the need for players to grind out boss runs or dungeon runs
      over and over again. Instead, players will be able to keep doing play-throughs of the entire game or of
      their favorite areas without worrying that focusing on some other area would be more efficient for item
      farming.

This aspect of Inferno difficulty doesn’t seem to be getting nearly enough attention from the adoring
      Diablo 3 masses. It will fundamentally change the entire end-game scene. It’s easy to visualize the
      picture Blizzard is trying to paint: no repetitive boss runs, plenty of randomized quest content, and of
      course the new skill system where you are never really “done” with your build. I foresee a lot of quality
      time spent in Inferno for Diablo players in the near (please let it be near!) future.

That’s not all though. If you order now, Inferno difficulty also comes with its own exclusive selection
      of items! Certain of the best items, including high-level runestones, will only be capable of dropping
      in Inferno. There are also items with unique art that don’t drop anywhere else, so if you’re seen using
      them, everyone knows you earned it duking it out in the Inferno (um, or else bought it with real money).

Of Blizzard’s recent announcements, this one seems to be the one that should stir up the least
      controversy: Inferno is simply awesome. It provides a stiff endgame challenge, hours of additional
      gameplay beyond the three traditional difficulties, and a great way of making the most profitable
      endgame activities line up with the most enjoyable ones. Enjoyable, that is, if you happen to like getting
      pounded on by a lone fallen shaman.

Vehicles
      09-02-2011 04:17 PM #25
      i see near the end it says "If you order now...." there's pre-order available? may have to search around for this, because im still on the hunt to get the minimum system requirements for this game to make sure my current computer is able to handle it...

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      09-02-2011 04:18 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by GAH!!!
      Notice that I said all monsters have a level of 61 – that’s exactly 61.
      To use Diablo 2 terminology, the monsters in the Inferno Blood Moor would be the same difficulty -
      and have the same chance to drop high level item drops – as the ones in Inferno Worldstone Keep.

This... doesn't rock.

level 60 level cap?

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI, 2011 husaberg FS570, 2014 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
      09-02-2011 05:11 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      Hoping the beta test releases soon.
      i wish i was still part of the Blizzard friends and family group. It used to get me beta access for all their internal betas.

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      09-02-2011 05:18 PM #28
      Speaking of the beta, here's a video of some leaked footage from it.

It really feels like it's just around the corner now.
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

Vehicles
      09-02-2011 05:36 PM #29
      This... doesn't rock.

level 60 level cap?
      agreed, wtf?

09-02-2011 05:43 PM #30

I'm sure the level cap will be raised with expansions or whatever else. I was more talking about not having to do the same runs over and over again for maximum efficiency.

note to self: Nothing makes Diablo fans happy
      Last edited by SOAR; 09-02-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      09-02-2011 05:53 PM #31
      We just don't like extreme changes.

I kind of liked doing the same runs over and over. It's like playing the lottery and winning after losing 50 times.

It also makes going past act 1 (or whatever the hell they're going to call it) a moot point because you could just sit there and kill the early monsters for the same gear.
      Last edited by horribleR; 09-02-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Vehicles
      09-03-2011 01:45 PM #32
      im a bit about how the drop system is going to work, have others heard about this? now drops are individualized for every player? so lets say a sword drops for me and an axe drops for someone else, i have no clue that an axe dropped for the other player in my party. seems theyre making this game too "nice" and "friendly" which is kinda lame. this type of game needs features here and there that gives players that sense of gambling/taking chances. for example, creating a free-for-all for drops during hell baal runs was 1 of the things i really enjoyed.

Vehicles
      09-04-2011 12:41 PM #33
      They are making it so it will say what people got. So lets say I'm on my demon hunter and my barb buddy gets a bow, it will tell me that he picked up such and such bow and you can trade for it. It's actually better because instead of everyone fighting over single drops now everyone gets something and if they can't use it and you need it you can simply trade for it.

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      09-05-2011 01:02 AM #34
      The Developers know what they are doing and people in the beta seem to like it. So, it must work.

I look forward to a full review and some real gameplay videos.

Vehicles
      09-05-2011 07:08 PM #35
      The Developers know what they are doing and people in the beta seem to like it. So, it must work.

I look forward to a full review and some real gameplay videos.
      i definitely am putting all my faith in them, and i know d3 is going to be awesome no matter what the end-result, but its adapting to the change from d2 to d3 that will take some time for me and many others.

and on that note, announced that max # of players in game is going to be 4. hmmm

Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast