Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Diablo 3 thread: everything D3 related

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      09-02-2011 04:18 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by GAH!!!
      Notice that I said all monsters have a level of 61 – that’s exactly 61.
      To use Diablo 2 terminology, the monsters in the Inferno Blood Moor would be the same difficulty -
      and have the same chance to drop high level item drops – as the ones in Inferno Worldstone Keep.

This... doesn't rock.

level 60 level cap?

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI, 2011 husaberg FS570, 2014 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
      09-02-2011 05:11 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Surfing On A Rocket View Post
      Hoping the beta test releases soon.
      i wish i was still part of the Blizzard friends and family group. It used to get me beta access for all their internal betas.

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      09-02-2011 05:18 PM #28
      Speaking of the beta, here's a video of some leaked footage from it.

It really feels like it's just around the corner now.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      09-02-2011 05:36 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post
      This... doesn't rock.

level 60 level cap?
      agreed, wtf?
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      '86 Scirocco, '07 Rabbit, '09 MINI JCW
      09-02-2011 05:43 PM #30

I'm sure the level cap will be raised with expansions or whatever else. I was more talking about not having to do the same runs over and over again for maximum efficiency.

note to self: Nothing makes Diablo fans happy
      Last edited by SOAR; 09-02-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      09-02-2011 05:53 PM #31
      We just don't like extreme changes.

I kind of liked doing the same runs over and over. It's like playing the lottery and winning after losing 50 times.

It also makes going past act 1 (or whatever the hell they're going to call it) a moot point because you could just sit there and kill the early monsters for the same gear.
      Last edited by horribleR; 09-02-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Vehicles
      09-03-2011 01:45 PM #32
      im a bit about how the drop system is going to work, have others heard about this? now drops are individualized for every player? so lets say a sword drops for me and an axe drops for someone else, i have no clue that an axe dropped for the other player in my party. seems theyre making this game too "nice" and "friendly" which is kinda lame. this type of game needs features here and there that gives players that sense of gambling/taking chances. for example, creating a free-for-all for drops during hell baal runs was 1 of the things i really enjoyed.
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

Vehicles
      04 .:R. 87 325IC/M50
      09-04-2011 12:41 PM #33
      They are making it so it will say what people got. So lets say I'm on my demon hunter and my barb buddy gets a bow, it will tell me that he picked up such and such bow and you can trade for it. It's actually better because instead of everyone fighting over single drops now everyone gets something and if they can't use it and you need it you can simply trade for it.

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      09-05-2011 01:02 AM #34
      The Developers know what they are doing and people in the beta seem to like it. So, it must work.

I look forward to a full review and some real gameplay videos.

Vehicles
      09-05-2011 07:08 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post
      The Developers know what they are doing and people in the beta seem to like it. So, it must work.

I look forward to a full review and some real gameplay videos.
      i definitely am putting all my faith in them, and i know d3 is going to be awesome no matter what the end-result, but its adapting to the change from d2 to d3 that will take some time for me and many others.

and on that note, announced that max # of players in game is going to be 4. hmmm

Vehicles
      09-05-2011 07:58 PM #36
      That's just for normal games, hopefully they make arena available for up to 8 players. I don't see a problem with it since they are essentially getting rid of pvp in normal progression games and bringing in an arena setting. The main reason for 8 people in games was for pvp in d2.

Vehicles
      09-07-2011 08:32 AM #37
      sounds like they are starting to send out information to 'chosen ones' for downloading the beta client. the beta itself isnt actually running, but the app to access the splash screen/login page for the beta is being sent out. cool

i opted in for the beta so hopefully i will picked from the list of millions, haha. my only hope is they see my system stats and pick me because they want to test just how minimal they can get with their minimum system requirements

Vehicles
      09-07-2011 12:07 PM #38
      No NDA with this beta, so live streams galore. This is the best one I've found...

http://www.livestream.com/pushbuttan

Vehicles
      09-07-2011 01:59 PM #39
      It's just the friends and family beta that's going on now. If you guys want a constant update of info head over to www.diablofans.com and they have pretty much everything covered it's kindof nice. I'm a little disappointed since there are no runes in the beta... So now you can't see anything about the runes and how they will work with skills

Vehicles
      09-07-2011 02:07 PM #40
      watching beta streams now, FAP!

Vehicles
      09-08-2011 08:23 AM #41
      system requirements came out which are listed below. there's also a list floating around of supported video cards which can be found Here, so it's good to know my laptop will suffice but it has me thinkin i should probably get a new computer before launch day, damn

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloUnderground
      MINIMUM SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

PC
      OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
      Processor: Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 4400+
      Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better

Mac
      OS: Mac® OS X 10.6.8 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo
      Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better

All Platforms
      HD Space: 12 GB available HD space | Memory: 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/
      Windows® 7 users, 2 GB for Mac® users) | Drive: DVD-ROM drive | Internet: Broadband Internet
      connection | Display: 1024×768 minimum display resolution

(Note: Be advised that some wireless connections do not meet the minimums required to be a true Broadband Internet connecton. Wireless results may vary.)

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
      PC
      OS: Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
      or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz | Memory: 2 GB RAM | Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or
      ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Mac
      OS: Mac® OS X 10.7 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo | Memory: 2 GB RAM
      Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better
      Last edited by Clean PG; 09-08-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Vehicles
      09-08-2011 11:35 AM #42
      Nice, looks like I'll be able to play on max settings.

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      09-08-2011 03:13 PM #43
      That doesn't look demanding at all. You can probably build a PC for $400 and have plenty of power to run it on max settings.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

Vehicles
      09-08-2011 11:28 PM #44
      one of the beta bug fixes that's listed, i wish i couldve been the 1 to find this

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
      The Hidden Cellar
      Leah has received adequate weapons training and will now properly fire arrows from her bow during this scene, rather than from her feet.

Vehicles
      09-09-2011 12:32 PM #45
      Watched a beta live screen last night. Guy got up to and beat the skeleton king in just about 2 hours (didn't watch every second but wish I could have). I'm really happy with the boss fights in d3. You are much more involved now and you actually have to do something rather than just Zerg the boss. That being said the guy was level 8 by the time he reached the skeleton king and he took him down on his sorce rather fast.

Vehicles
      09-09-2011 02:21 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Lurkin bunny View Post
      Watched a beta live screen last night. Guy got up to and beat the skeleton king in just about 2 hours (didn't watch every second but wish I could have). I'm really happy with the boss fights in d3. You are much more involved now and you actually have to do something rather than just Zerg the boss. That being said the guy was level 8 by the time he reached the skeleton king and he took him down on his sorce rather fast.
      i'll admit ive watched hours and hours of live D3 streams, but i still havent seen the skeleton king. timing just never works out that way for me i guess. i'll have to dig through the recordings and see if i can find one. the speed of play does seem good though. it's nice and fluid with little downtime. i think having both the cube and the couldron are big reasons for that, no more constant trips to town because your inventory is full.

has anyone seen a stream/recording of 2-4players in a campaign? i'm curious to see how the assigned drops work. do you see ALL the drops but you can only click on the items that you're allowed to pickup? i have mixed feelings on the drop system

Vehicles
      09-09-2011 02:54 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      i think having both the cube and the couldron are big reasons for that, no more constant trips to town because your inventory is full.
      wow, didn't even know about those. That's cool.

For others like me: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3435571#blog

Vehicles
      09-09-2011 02:55 PM #48
      The person I was watching last night had a friend with him. You don't even see the drops other people get.

Vehicles
      09-09-2011 03:30 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Lurkin bunny View Post
      The person I was watching last night had a friend with him. You don't even see the drops other people get.
      Yeah I watched a stream last night where 2 guys played together for the first time. It took them a few minutes to figure out that they both got drops, and couldn't even see the other persons drop.

Vehicles
      09-13-2011 08:47 AM #50
      skill planners are up on the d3 site

http://www.diablounderground.com/archives/960

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast