VWVortex

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Diablo 3 thread: everything D3 related

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      03-21-2012 08:25 AM #176
      Quote Originally Posted by SOAR View Post
      Is it May 15th yet?

still cant decide if i want to do the digital download or pickup a physical copy at a store at midnight
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

03-21-2012 02:41 PM #177
      Anyone hear about this "Nephalem Valor" buff they're working on. It's going to discourage "Baal run" type grinding and constant respeccing. Sounds good to me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4241234476

Vehicles
      03-22-2012 08:34 AM #178
      Anyone hear about this "Nephalem Valor" buff they're working on. It's going to discourage "Baal run" type grinding and constant respeccing. Sounds good to me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4241234476
      sounds pretty sweet, but in regards to experience gained i think the 'baal run' style of gameplay will still live on. from the video i saw, i think the valor system seems to be more for a gold/magic find bonus?

i can tell you that it'll be used on my mf bot when one gets released
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

Vehicles
      04-02-2012 08:29 AM #179
      43 days and counting

Vehicles
      04-11-2012 04:00 PM #180
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      34 days and counting
      fixed

still cant decide if i want to pre-order and have it shipped to me or go for a midnight release

Vehicles
      Nissan 370Z 6MT
      04-11-2012 06:36 PM #181
      It comes out on a Tuesday/workday so just a simple order through Amazon for me. Anyone else getting the CE?
      Previously in Eddie's garage:

'07 VW GTI DSG

04-11-2012 07:24 PM #182
      Getting the digital copy, taking that Tuesday off. All-nighter or gtfo!

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI
      04-12-2012 02:26 AM #183
      next to Demon/Dark Souls, the next most rewarding gameplay is playing a hard core character in Diablo.

cant wait for launch.

Vehicles
      '06 Cooper S (#squaresidewallcrew), LS400 drift car
      04-12-2012 09:14 AM #184
      So if this has a similar multiplayer to last time, you guys going to go through it solo first time 'round or online? I'd be down to get a small group of us to play on a daily basis till that ****s done
      Quote Originally Posted by Ocean City PD View Post
      (ie....red light challenges, running over the hood of police cars etc.) Yes we watch youtube also....
      '09 Honda Ruckus

Vehicles
      Nissan 370Z 6MT
      04-12-2012 12:00 PM #185
      Probably just me, but I never touched single player mode. Just viewed leveling my single player guy as a 'waste of time'(if that makes any sense when playing a video game) when I can be focusing on my online guy.

'07 VW GTI DSG

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 02:50 PM #186
      Quote Originally Posted by eddie291 View Post
      Probably just me, but I never touched single player mode. Just viewed leveling my single player guy as a 'waste of time'(if that makes any sense when playing a video game) when I can be focusing on my online guy.
      agree 100%. i would only use offline single player to pre-build characters with editors to basically plan out all stat/skill points and gear and see the results before investing hundreds of hours in baal runs

Vehicles
      '06 Cooper S (#squaresidewallcrew), LS400 drift car
      04-13-2012 08:31 PM #187
      agree 100%. i would only use offline single player to pre-build characters with editors to basically plan out all stat/skill points and gear and see the results before investing hundreds of hours in baal runs
      Oh christ.....baal runs haha. I remember v1.09 hahaha the good 'ol days. I'll def have to play with some of you guys then. Has it been confirmed for mac yet?
      Quote Originally Posted by Ocean City PD View Post
      (ie....red light challenges, running over the hood of police cars etc.) Yes we watch youtube also....
      '09 Honda Ruckus

Vehicles
      04 .:R. 87 325IC/M50
      04-14-2012 10:45 AM #188
      Finally got into the beta!! I can rest assured that this game is truly awesome! Almost everything I could have wanted outof d3(my hopes were HIGH to!). Only had time to do one run through as a monk. Not sure if it's just the newness of the game or what but its friggin awesome, only complaint is I haven't found a way to make the UI smaller. But I'm sure they will address this when the game launches as I'm not the only one who doesn't want a really large UI.

Vehicles
      Nissan 370Z 6MT
      04-14-2012 10:48 AM #189
      Quote Originally Posted by nismo4life View Post
      Oh christ.....baal runs haha. I remember v1.09 hahaha the good 'ol days. I'll def have to play with some of you guys then. Has it been confirmed for mac yet?
      You get both PC and Mac versions when you buy the game.

'07 VW GTI DSG

Vehicles
      2006 Škoda Octavia
      04-15-2012 04:56 PM #190
      There was a rumour that a PS3 version is being made. Is that true?

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI
      04-15-2012 05:13 PM #191
      Quote Originally Posted by impact View Post
      There was a rumour that a PS3 version is being made. Is that true?
      they're pursuing console versions (360 and ps3), but nothing has been announced as of yet. they will happen though (still regret selling my PSX Diablo)

Vehicles
      2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      04-15-2012 09:11 PM #192
      Absolutely stoked for this game. Been playing D2 lightly for the past couple of weeks leading up to the release of D3. Game is still pretty ****ing fun, aside from all the bots and all. lol.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

Vehicles
      '12 Outback & '13 GTI
      04-15-2012 11:04 PM #193
      I pre-ordered my digital copy through Blizzard last week.

I fired the beta back up today and, man, I can't wait!

Vehicles
      04-16-2012 09:03 AM #194
      Quote Originally Posted by TBT-Syncro View Post
      (still regret selling my PSX Diablo)
      i still got mine

is there any talk at all of the digital download also including some sort of mailed physical copy or even just the box with a manual? i'd love to be able to play the second the servers go up on May 15th but i also really want a box for my bookshelf to sit along-side all the others

Vehicles
      '12 Outback & '13 GTI
      04-16-2012 03:22 PM #195
      is there any talk at all of the digital download also including some sort of mailed physical copy or even just the box with a manual? i'd love to be able to play the second the servers go up on May 15th but i also really want a box for my bookshelf to sit along-side all the others
      Digital downloads never come with boxes or manuals. It's a digital download.

You want a box? Go buy a copy in a box.

I pre-ordered from Battle.net last week and the game was already available for download.

Vehicles
      '07 BMW 335i
      04-18-2012 03:43 PM #196
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      I pre-ordered my digital copy through Blizzard last week.

I fired the beta back up today and, man, I can't wait!
      Same here... Since I'm still hooked on WoW, I went with the annual pass deal for a free digital copy of D3.

I've been playing the beta for the last couple of days and have gone through 10 quick levels on a wizard, barbarian, and demon hunter. All fun classes to play so far. I just have to try out the witch doctor and monk.

I think I need more practice on the demon hunter. At the first end boss (Skeleton King?), I sometimes found it tricky to keep mobs away from me. I used up my discipline reserves quickly with several Caltrops traps. Rapid fire and entangling shot are pretty nifty.

Had an easier time with the wizard, and even easier with the Barbarian. That guy can just mow stuff down so fast.
      Oddfellows Local 726

Vehicles
      04-19-2012 08:40 AM #197
      as a generalization of some of the beta tester reviews i've read, it seems those people who play and like WoW are big fans of D3. on the flipside, those who have never played WoW or didn't like it, are "nervous" about the look and feel of D3.

obviously no one can or should expect D3 to be just like D2, after all that game is over a decade old so there will be improvements and changes. but i fall into the later category, and just from watching video i'll admit i still am a little 'eh' about things. the fact that there are health globes in pvp makes me

but, i'm still excited for the game nontheless and plan to spend countless hours getting hooked on an rpg again

(sidenote: i also heard there was a beta glitch yesterday morning and ANYONE with a battle.net account was able to download and play the beta )

04-19-2012 12:22 PM #198
      Hate WoW... Love the beta.

Vehicles
      04-19-2012 03:19 PM #199
      Hate WoW... Love the beta.
      haha, that helps then

04-19-2012 03:35 PM #200
      haha, that helps then
      I really don't get what there is to gripe about. Is it Diablo 2? Of course not. But it's still Diablo. If you like Diablo, you will like this game.

Vehicles
      04-19-2012 04:05 PM #201
      I really don't get what there is to gripe about. Is it Diablo 2? Of course not. But it's still Diablo. If you like Diablo, you will like this game.
      it's speculation more than anything else. my first impression when i saw gameplay months ago was that it looked just like WoW and some of the details about the game left me with a sour feeling (like the complete separation between pvm and pvp). but am i still buying the game? of course.

Vehicles
      '12 Outback & '13 GTI
      04-19-2012 04:24 PM #202
      as a generalization of some of the beta tester reviews i've read, it seems those people who play and like WoW are big fans of D3. on the flipside, those who have never played WoW or didn't like it, are "nervous" about the look and feel of D3.
      I don't see the correlation- neither game has anything to do with the other.

I've been in the D3 beta since September. It's a Diablo game through and through.

04-19-2012 04:38 PM #203
      my first impression when i saw gameplay months ago was that it looked just like WoW
      Those are the key words. The color palette and some of the textures are similar to WoW. But that's where it ends. Once you actually put your hands on the game and play, at no point do you go "this is like WoW", because it isn't at all. It's Diablo. That's all I can say... It IS Diablo.

Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      04-19-2012 04:50 PM #204
      Those are the key words. The color palette and some of the textures are similar to WoW. But that's where it ends. Once you actually put your hands on the game and play, at no point do you go "this is like WoW", because it isn't at all. It's Diablo. That's all I can say... It IS Diablo.
      so... you're saying... unless I'm Korean, I'm not going to stand a chance online?

gotcha

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI
      04-20-2012 01:30 AM #205
      OH SNAP !!!

beta is open to all battlenet accounts this weekend.

Vehicles
      '12 Outback & '13 GTI
      04-20-2012 07:33 AM #206
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      so... you're saying... unless I'm Korean, I'm not going to stand a chance online?

gotcha
      It's Diablo, not StarCraft.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      I just want to know why OP thought making a thread in The Car Lounge would help him in any way... We've got a bunch of dudes telling him to "pepper his angus," and an insurance agent who just made a 2:30 appointment to **** someones wife. Classic TCL.

32. 04-20-2012 08:23 AM #207
      Is there ladder and non-ladder this time as well? it would suck if everyone was forced into ladder..I hate the season system..lose everything you worked for restart

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 08:49 AM #208
      OH SNAP !!!

what what whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!? omg omg omg

Quote Originally Posted by Bains View Post
      Is there ladder and non-ladder this time as well? it would suck if everyone was forced into ladder..I hate the season system..lose everything you worked for restart
      agreed, i preferred non-ladder. i doubt they'd force everyone into a ladder, that wouldnt make any sense.
      Last edited by Clean PG; 04-20-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Vehicles
      Nissan 370Z 6MT
      04-20-2012 08:52 AM #209
      OH SNAP !!!

FINALLY! It felt like I was the only one who didn't get invited to the beta.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739

Officially starts today @ 1PM eastern, ends Monday at the same time.

'07 VW GTI DSG

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      04-20-2012 08:58 AM #210
      ^^ I've read 12:01 PDT, 3:01pm ET.

Either way, I wasn't in the beta so I'm pretty excited for the weekend.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast