Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2408

Thread: Official Diablo 3 thread: everything D3 related

08-04-2012 10:02 AM #1426
      So a final update on my "I got hacked!" issue.

The Blizzard gamemaster told me as politely and nicely as he could to go piss up a rope. Do not pass Go, do not (re)collect my 3M gold, and various mf gear that was stolen, as they could not find a proper "backup" save point where I said I had my goodies. Don't understand why they couldn't just take it back to July 30, the day before I got the hack.

/shrug.

So I will go back to farming NM and Hell for gold and various things to sell, until I can get "good" gear again. Oh well. There's always Torchlight 2...

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-04-2012 10:09 AM #1427
      That's not cool of them.

I have TL2 preordered on Steam because I got TL for free for doing it.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      08-06-2012 08:24 AM #1428
      Quote Originally Posted by i3rent View Post
      Different vendors sell different dyes for different prices randomly. You can keep restarting the game to try to get cheaper prices or just deal with it.
      on a similar note, anyone know if it costs more to repair items that have been dyed?
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      08-06-2012 09:28 AM #1429
      Axe so the IAS brings it up too 1.43 attack speed.

Also when playing onb inferno life steal is only 20% of it's shown value so essentially the weapon is .53~% instead of 2.8%. Glad that's in the tool tips.
      You should be using Life on Hit anyway, it's always better than Life Steal regardless of difficulty. Also, as you pointed out, Life Steal gets nerfed into uselessness in Inferno.

Video Cliffs

Life Steal reductions
      Nightmare 30%
      Hell 60%
      Inferno 80%

Life on Hit
      Does not diminish with level, Life on Hit scales with your attacks.
      Last edited by Hostile; 08-06-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Vehicles
      08-06-2012 11:29 AM #1430
      someone posted that 2 guys tried to scam him by sending him a script that would open his inventory and drop all his gear. he posted the raw text from the script and as a programmer i have to say that it is incredibly simplistic! i find it hard to believe a magic find script hasnt been released yet to the general public, cus wow it'd be easy! that or maybe it's just an unspoken word and there are a bunch out there

i feel i could write one in only a few days. gold finding would be even easier as well, those obviously exist. but what boggles my mind is how exactly is blizzard supposed to catch you? this script is entirely client side and about moving your mouse to specific areas and clicking, nothing more. seems near impossible to get caught unless blizz watches your account for the same pattern over and over. again though, maybe an unspoken word...
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

08-06-2012 01:01 PM #1431
      Well, considering they couldn't back up my account to simply a save point a day before I got scammed/robbed, I can't see how they'd pick up on that.

That said, with about a 400k investment in gold find gear, I'm almost a millionare again. And with the research I did on the downtime, I now have higher DPS than before. Still cannot solo Act I yet tho.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-06-2012 02:34 PM #1432
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      You should be using Life on Hit anyway, it's always better than Life Steal regardless of difficulty. Also, as you pointed out, Life Steal gets nerfed into uselessness in Inferno.

Video Cliffs

Life Steal reductions
      Nightmare 30%
      Hell 60%
      Inferno 80%

Life on Hit
      Does not diminish with level, Life on Hit scales with your attacks.
      I changed entirely to life steal. Act 3 is pretty damn easy now.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      08-07-2012 09:29 AM #1433
      character profiles are up: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6821782

not sure what good that does me, or if i'll ever use them, but hooray i guess?

9. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-08-2012 12:31 PM #1434
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      character profiles are up: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6821782

not sure what good that does me, or if i'll ever use them, but hooray i guess?
      So, I can look up players' gear and skills and spot who the noobs are in the group. Sure you can do this in game but the website is quicker and complete details.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-08-2012 12:39 PM #1435
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post
      So, I can look up players' gear and skills and spot who the noobs are in the group. Sure you can do this in game but the website is quicker and complete details.
      You should be able to do that fairly quickly in game.

I haven't had much desire to play the last month, and the Steam sales haven't helped my motivation.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      08-08-2012 03:37 PM #1436
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      You should be able to do that fairly quickly in game.

I haven't had much desire to play the last month, and the Steam sales haven't helped my motivation.
      Bob, whats your steam name hit me up i play quite a few steam games....

whiteuro....obviously

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-08-2012 03:50 PM #1437
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteuro View Post
      Bob, whats your steam name hit me up i play quite a few steam games....

whiteuro....obviously
      I think I just sent you a request.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-08-2012 04:07 PM #1438
      Been getting some decent items as of late. Sold a bunch of stuff for a few hundred thousand. 2 days ago I found a wizard weapon that sold for 3 million and today I found a 40mf amulet which should go for a couple million as well.

Act 3 is very kind too me.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      08-08-2012 04:21 PM #1439
      It sounds like this game has turned into, "Find **** that you can sell at the AH for gold to use to buy **** at the AH."

Am I in the general ballpark here?

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-08-2012 04:25 PM #1440
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post
      It sounds like this game has turned into, "Find **** that you can sell at the AH for gold to use to buy **** at the AH."

More or less. I do enjoy it though so I won't complain. I'm a loot whore.
      Hi.

08-08-2012 05:05 PM #1441
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post

Only now, if you so desire, you can change "gold" into "cold hard cash", provided you can find a buyer.

Granted, given the time involved, you may find a better ROI working at McDonald's...

17. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-08-2012 05:33 PM #1442
      At $2.50 ~ 3.20 / million gold. If you're making 3 million gold a night, that's the equivalent of $10 if you sell your gold back to AH. There are better real money making games out there than D3.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-08-2012 10:49 PM #1443
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post
      At $2.50 ~ 3.20 / million gold. If you're making 3 million gold a night, that's the equivalent of $10 if you sell your gold back to AH. There are better real money making games out there than D3.
      My friend made $900~ selling gold to 3rd party companies when the game first came out
      Hi.

Vehicles
      08-09-2012 08:39 AM #1444
      More or less. I do enjoy it though so I won't complain. I'm a loot whore.
      x2, which is why i cant seem to pull myself away from this game regardless of how many gripes i have about it.

lately my auctions havent been selling and my shared stash is completely filled with stuff that needs to be listed, so i'm undercutting prices by up to 70% just to get it gone. i realize i can make a lot more gold from doing many little transactions than sitting on a few big ones for days and days. so if you find a stupidly good deal, it very well could be something of mine

i am fairly amazed at how prices have come down so much though as more gear gets introduced to the AH by more players. shoulders that have 100+ str/100+ vit/60+ res all with a solid 4th mod can be found for under 50k these days. what???

Vehicles
      08-09-2012 02:21 PM #1445
      thanks again for the tips i3rent i somehow never realized just how crummy my shoulders are. i'm definitely in dire need of an upgrade in a few areas in order to advance through a3 but at least now i know what i'm looking for.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-09-2012 04:26 PM #1446
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      thanks again for the tips i3rent i somehow never realized just how crummy my shoulders are. i'm definitely in dire need of an upgrade in a few areas in order to advance through a3 but at least now i know what i'm looking for.

Like I told Clean PG if anyone ever sees me on and needs help in acts 1-3 just shoot me a pm and I'd be glad to help.

Name is i3rent#1993, don't hesitate to message me.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      08-09-2012 09:06 PM #1447
      this aint no joke, go change your battle.net passwords

http://www.examiner.com/article/batt...-wow-passwords

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta GLS, 2012 Routan SE
      08-10-2012 08:26 AM #1448
      So im in act 3 inferno, i can get through some if it, left off in the breached keep.. some champ packs have their way with me, i definitely hate arcane sentries and small spaces. i feel like ive kind of pieced together my stuff with no real direction, other than knowing i need resist all and LOH weapon. i have a decent amount of money and i dont want to waste it. i read different guides on the net and they go in so many different directions that i dont really know what to do next to get my guy better.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/E.../hero/13924807

there is my guy..

before i started changing to the resist all gear i had 60k hp and 30% crit, i think i had a different set of passives as well, i found a decent guide somewhere for act 2, and made it through that. i have replayed it a couple times, but it doesnt have the clear farming routes like i found in act 1. and the mob packs out in the deserts can be a pain in the butt.

i feel like my build is working ok, although i wish i could keep leap or furious charge to get out of tight spots and out run a tough pack. i guess im looking for gear guidance, i've been looking for a chest and gloves with all resist but i cant find a decent set with the stats i want, str, vit crit and resist for the hands and str vit and 3 sockets for chest. my shield and necklace were found on drop, while i know they arent the best, they are the best ive been able to find. any help is appreciated

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 08:32 AM #1449
      stumbled upon this and lol'd:

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-10-2012 10:48 AM #1450
      DH and barb are both 36 on a2 NM. Don't know which one to finish leveling first!
      Hi.

Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast