VWVortex

Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Results 1,436 to 1,470 of 2400

Thread: Official Diablo 3 thread: everything D3 related

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      08-08-2012 03:37 PM #1436
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      You should be able to do that fairly quickly in game.

I haven't had much desire to play the last month, and the Steam sales haven't helped my motivation.
      Bob, whats your steam name hit me up i play quite a few steam games....

whiteuro....obviously

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      08-08-2012 03:50 PM #1437
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteuro View Post
      Bob, whats your steam name hit me up i play quite a few steam games....

whiteuro....obviously
      I think I just sent you a request.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-08-2012 04:07 PM #1438
      Been getting some decent items as of late. Sold a bunch of stuff for a few hundred thousand. 2 days ago I found a wizard weapon that sold for 3 million and today I found a 40mf amulet which should go for a couple million as well.

Act 3 is very kind too me.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      08-08-2012 04:21 PM #1439
      It sounds like this game has turned into, "Find **** that you can sell at the AH for gold to use to buy **** at the AH."

Am I in the general ballpark here?

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-08-2012 04:25 PM #1440
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post
      It sounds like this game has turned into, "Find **** that you can sell at the AH for gold to use to buy **** at the AH."

More or less. I do enjoy it though so I won't complain. I'm a loot whore.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      2007 GTI, 2005 TSX
      08-08-2012 05:05 PM #1441
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post

Only now, if you so desire, you can change "gold" into "cold hard cash", provided you can find a buyer.

Granted, given the time involved, you may find a better ROI working at McDonald's...

7. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-08-2012 05:33 PM #1442
      At $2.50 ~ 3.20 / million gold. If you're making 3 million gold a night, that's the equivalent of $10 if you sell your gold back to AH. There are better real money making games out there than D3.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-08-2012 10:49 PM #1443
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post
      At $2.50 ~ 3.20 / million gold. If you're making 3 million gold a night, that's the equivalent of $10 if you sell your gold back to AH. There are better real money making games out there than D3.
      My friend made $900~ selling gold to 3rd party companies when the game first came out
      Hi.

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      08-09-2012 08:39 AM #1444
      Quote Originally Posted by i3rent View Post
      More or less. I do enjoy it though so I won't complain. I'm a loot whore.
      x2, which is why i cant seem to pull myself away from this game regardless of how many gripes i have about it.

lately my auctions havent been selling and my shared stash is completely filled with stuff that needs to be listed, so i'm undercutting prices by up to 70% just to get it gone. i realize i can make a lot more gold from doing many little transactions than sitting on a few big ones for days and days. so if you find a stupidly good deal, it very well could be something of mine

i am fairly amazed at how prices have come down so much though as more gear gets introduced to the AH by more players. shoulders that have 100+ str/100+ vit/60+ res all with a solid 4th mod can be found for under 50k these days. what???
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      08-09-2012 02:21 PM #1445
      thanks again for the tips i3rent i somehow never realized just how crummy my shoulders are. i'm definitely in dire need of an upgrade in a few areas in order to advance through a3 but at least now i know what i'm looking for.
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-09-2012 04:26 PM #1446
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      thanks again for the tips i3rent i somehow never realized just how crummy my shoulders are. i'm definitely in dire need of an upgrade in a few areas in order to advance through a3 but at least now i know what i'm looking for.

Like I told Clean PG if anyone ever sees me on and needs help in acts 1-3 just shoot me a pm and I'd be glad to help.

Name is i3rent#1993, don't hesitate to message me.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      08-09-2012 09:06 PM #1447
      this aint no joke, go change your battle.net passwords

http://www.examiner.com/article/batt...-wow-passwords

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta GLS, 2012 Routan SE
      08-10-2012 08:26 AM #1448
      So im in act 3 inferno, i can get through some if it, left off in the breached keep.. some champ packs have their way with me, i definitely hate arcane sentries and small spaces. i feel like ive kind of pieced together my stuff with no real direction, other than knowing i need resist all and LOH weapon. i have a decent amount of money and i dont want to waste it. i read different guides on the net and they go in so many different directions that i dont really know what to do next to get my guy better.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/E.../hero/13924807

there is my guy..

before i started changing to the resist all gear i had 60k hp and 30% crit, i think i had a different set of passives as well, i found a decent guide somewhere for act 2, and made it through that. i have replayed it a couple times, but it doesnt have the clear farming routes like i found in act 1. and the mob packs out in the deserts can be a pain in the butt.

i feel like my build is working ok, although i wish i could keep leap or furious charge to get out of tight spots and out run a tough pack. i guess im looking for gear guidance, i've been looking for a chest and gloves with all resist but i cant find a decent set with the stats i want, str, vit crit and resist for the hands and str vit and 3 sockets for chest. my shield and necklace were found on drop, while i know they arent the best, they are the best ive been able to find. any help is appreciated

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 08:32 AM #1449
      stumbled upon this and lol'd:

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-10-2012 10:48 AM #1450
      DH and barb are both 36 on a2 NM. Don't know which one to finish leveling first!
      Hi.

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 12:17 PM #1451
      i think the barb may have a better shot at completing inferno, if that's what you're going for. just my thoughts.

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 12:48 PM #1452
      HLY SH!T this sounds like a game changer!

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5617583

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-10-2012 12:53 PM #1453
      HLY SH!T this sounds like a game changer!

https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5617583
      Seems like they're making it A LOT easier imo.

Should be interesting though, can't wait too see the class changes.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 02:03 PM #1454
      yeah, "easier enemies" was the jist i was picking up as well but that's ok. i'm most interested in skill changes; i'd love to see more viable builds and i'm happy that theyre buffing skills so we as a player will feel stronger. i don't feel like much of a super powerful almighty hero if i'm wearing a bunch of gear and skills that has "reduced damage from enemies" and i'm picking away at their health pool by hitting them with the equivalency of the eraser end of a pencil.

estimated date is end of august too, i like that (same date as Guild Wars 2 release which doesnt surprise me 1 bit)

edit: lol 25k posts
      Last edited by Clean PG; 08-10-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 02:34 PM #1455
      i'd like to see some auction house improvements, its soooo tedious to browse and narrow down to what you want. they need more than 3 fields to search from, that would narrow down a lot of what you are looking through. and a compare (like check off different items and then see them on a list), or watch feature would be good, also to be able to see the differences with what you are currently wearing. increasing how many auctions i can have at one time would be good too.. my inventory is stacked full of stuff waiting to be sold while my items waste away in the AH...

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-10-2012 02:40 PM #1456
      yeah, "easier enemies" was the jist i was picking up as well but that's ok. i'm most interested in skill changes; i'd love to see more viable builds and i'm happy that theyre buffing skills so we as a player will feel stronger. i don't feel like much of a super powerful almighty hero if i'm wearing a bunch of gear and skills that has "reduced damage from enemies" and i'm picking away at their health pool by hitting them with the equivalency of the eraser end of a pencil.

estimated date is end of august too, i like that (same date as Guild Wars 2 release which doesnt surprise me 1 bit)

edit: lol 25k posts
      I prepurchased GW2, beta was good fun though I'm not too sure if I am really gonna get it or not. I was really excited for Dark Souls PC but they royally ****ed that up I've read.

I still enjoy D3 though so I can't wait to see the changes.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 03:31 PM #1457
      if any of you have been sitting on large amounts of brimstone or essence, now may be the time to sell. prices have gone up by 200-300% so far on inferno materials since that 1.0.4 news came out.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-10-2012 03:40 PM #1458
      if any of you have been sitting on large amounts of brimstone or essence, now may be the time to sell. prices have gone up by 200-300% so far on inferno materials since that 1.0.4 news came out.
      I haven't found a legendary since i leveled my WD, that was over 120+ game play hours ago.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      2007 GTI, 2005 TSX
      08-10-2012 04:29 PM #1459
      Aaaand, as before - anyone want to be a sweetheart and post the notes for us with blocked internets?

In other news, I made a whopping $2 selling 800k of gold on the RMAH.

Vehicles
      08-10-2012 06:32 PM #1460
      for those still at work:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
      1.0.4 Systems Preview
      by Wyatt Cheng 10 Aug 2012 15:00 UTC 875

Well, we’re getting closer to 1.0.4, and while it’s still a few weeks away we’re going to start hitting you fast and furious with blogs aimed at explaining the upcoming changes. To kick things off I wanted to provide an overview of some of the larger systems changes and game improvements.

Let’s get started!

So Happy Together

While many people are playing co-op, it’s still a minority of games. Ideally we would like players who want to play solo to be able to solo, and players who want to play co-op to play co-op. At the moment though playing solo is the clear choice, even for those who would prefer co-op with some of their friends.

The change we made back in 1.0.3 to remove the bonus monster damage per additional player was a great start, but we can clearly go a bit further. The first change we’re making in 1.0.4 for co-op is to remove averaging in multiplayer games of Magic Find and Gold Find. You’ll benefit from your full Magic Find stat, independent of other players in the game. We originally added Magic Find averaging so optimal play did not involve people stacking what we call “adventure stats” to the detriment of their party. While this may re-emerge as a problem, we think the current solution feels like too much of a penalty, and is doing more harm than good.

Along the same lines as the change in 1.0.3, we’re going to be lowering the health multiplier for monsters per additional player in co-op games. It’s going to be a flat 75% in 1.0.4 for all difficulty levels, as opposed to the scaling 75/85/95/110% it is now. This makes enemies far more manageable in co-op games, and rewards a co-ordinated group with a higher farming efficiency than playing alone.

Shrinking the Gap
      We know there are a lot of you out there that are really frustrated by the difficulty of some of the champion and rare packs, so in 1.0.4 we’re going to shrink the gap between normal monsters and Elite packs (Champions and Rares). The design intent of Champion and Rare packs is to provide a spike of challenge, but in general we feel like the gap is too big. Normal monsters die quickly and are usually just fodder, and Champions and Rares can feel like a brick wall. In general we’re looking to bring normal enemies up a smidge, and Champions and Rares down.

So, in 1.0.4 we’re increasing the health of normal monsters by approximately 5%-10% in Inferno, but also increasing the likelihood they drop magic or rare items by a factor of four. We’re correspondingly lowering the health of Champions and Rares by 10-25% and editing specific affixes to shrink the difficulty gap. We’re still working on those numbers, but that’s approximately what we’re shooting for.

To further reduce the gap between normal and Elite monsters, we’re adjusting some of the more frustrating monster affixes, such as Fire Chains and Shielding.* Of course there are some normal monsters that are massive spikes in difficulty too, and we’ll be making polish adjustments to a few of those as well, like reducing the damage of two-handed skeletons like Skull Cleavers.

Weapons Master

One of the general improvements we’d like to make to our item game addresses the difference between an item having a chance of being good vs. knowing the item isn’t going to be good before you even identify it. In other words, there’s a world of difference between an item having no chance of being good, and some chance of being good. It’s not something we’re going to be able to fully address in 1.0.4, but giving every dropped item a chance to be good is a long-term goal. One area we felt we could make immediate improvements for 1.0.4 was with weapons.

Weapon damage is the most important stat on a weapon. It can be disheartening to get a lot of weapon drops and you know before even looking at them that they have no chance of being good. To help give weapons a fighting chance, the raw damage value on all level 61 and 62 weapons will be able to roll damage that extends all the way to the top end of level 63.

We also want to close the gap between dual-wielding and two-handers, and so we’re improving two-handed melee weapons by creating a new set of stronger affixes to compensate for the loss of stats that can come from your offhand.

On the topic of two-handers, we’re also changing how damage is calculated on a few damage-over-time skills. Many skills have text like “Deals 75% weapon damage for 5 seconds”, which isn’t exactly clear as it can be interpreted a few different ways. It also made skill evaluation difficult, particularly for skills with long durations or cooldowns. We’re switching a lot of these skills to read “X% weapon damage over 5 seconds”. Many skills already follow this format, and understanding what the skill does is very clear. As the skills are converted there is an additional opportunity: when converting to this format, choosing a value for X depends on your weapon speed. So what we’ve done in most cases is assumed a high attack speed (at least 2.0 attacks per second), chosen a value of X, and then in many cases bumped the value even higher. A skill that currently does 75% weapon damage for 5 seconds, with a 2.0 speed weapon, will convert to at least 750% weapon damage over 5 seconds. The skill becomes easier to understand, is a small buff for most one-hand builds, and a big buff for two-hand builds.

Efficiency vs. Challenge
      Rather than focus on whether or not you can beat an enemy, many players would rather figure out how fast they can beat them. We’re removing Enrage Timers and the “heal back to full” behavior from Champion and Rare monster packs. We don’t think they fit well into the general philosophy of the game, which is more about trying to farm as efficiently as possible. You’re already incentivized to kill things quickly, if a pack happens to take you a long time it can just feel unfair to have the pack enrage, kill you, and then heal back to full. The original intent behind Enrage Timers was to have a few encounters that served as a “DPS check” that also add tension and excitement. Due to the randomness of Champion and Rare monsters, combined with a general philosophy of efficient farming, this was simply the wrong approach for us to take. The Enrage Timers feel more appropriate on bosses, where the setup, predictability and mechanics of the fight add the required context for the time limit.
      We can’t get away from the Efficiency vs Challenge discussion without talking about death penalties. When we increased repair costs in 1.0.3 it was to make death meaningful. Efficiency is not only about how fast you kill things, but what efforts you’re putting into doing so. Dying should cut into efficiency, and that creates a meaningful challenge to stay alive in not only how you play, but the importance of how you’re designing your character. That said, we think repair costs are just a bit too high, so in 1.0.4 we’re going to be reducing repair costs of high-end items by 25%.

Legendarier

We have improvements coming to Legendary items, and it seems like an important enough subject to give them their own blog. Stay tuned as Senior Game Designer Andrew Chambers gives the rundown in the next week or two. As a general reminder though, existing items are not changing. The Legendary improvements are going to be for Legendaries dropped or crafted after the 1.0.4 patch goes live.

Stay Classy
      We’re making a metric-ton of changes to classes, so we’re going to have separate blog posts for each. But in general we’re looking at unpopular skills and asking ourselves a few questions:
      Does the skill have any control or readability issues that would make the skill less satisfying to use? If so – polish the skill more. A good example here is the Barbarian Rend ability – many people don’t use it because you can’t always tell which enemies are affected by the bleed and which aren’t.
      Does the skill fill a similar role as an extremely popular skill? If so, buff the skill to be competitive with the popular skill. For example, Bola Shot could be a solid skill, but simply doesn’t have the raw damage when compared to Hungering Arrow, so we’re buffing Bola Shot to be competitive.
      Does a skill have a dominant rune? If so, can we buff the underused runes to be more competitive? A good example here is the Wizard Hydra skill. The Venom Hydra is by far the most popular rune, and for good reason, so we are buffing the other runes to make them more competitive with Venom Hydra.
      Is the skill a resource spender? In general we have found that many resource spenders just don’t do enough for their resource cost. Here I would use the example of Wave of Light, which is a fairly significant expenditure of Spirit that doesn’t always seem worthwhile. Many damage-oriented resource spenders are receiving buffs in 1.0.4
      Would buffing the skill increase or decrease build diversity? Some skills when buffed cause other skills to become obsolete, so there’s a net decrease in build diversity - we’re more careful with those. Other skills, when buffed, add to the total pool of appealing skills, which increases build diversity. The most obvious example here is the Witch Doctor Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan, which are both receiving significant improvements in 1.0.4.

We hope you have fun, and stay tuned for each of the specific class articles in the next couple weeks.

The Outro

These are really just a few of the topline systems changes we’ll be making in 1.0.4, and we hope you’re looking forward to them as much as we are. We’ll of course have a lot more info coming at you in the weeks ahead on Legendary items, classes and more, as well as some interviews we’ll be holding shortly before the patch goes live – which, by the way, is currently targeted for the fourth week of August.

See you in-game!

*P.S. We’re getting rid of the Invulnerable Minions monster affix.

Wyatt Cheng is Senior Technical Game Designer on Diablo III, and as a member of Blizzard’s Beef Jerky Club is ordering jalapeno, habenero & ghost chili jerky this month.

Vehicles
      08-11-2012 04:27 PM #1461
      good news, looks like at some point the are increasing searchable stats fields in the AH from 3 to 6..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5573702247#4

Vehicles
      08-12-2012 09:50 PM #1462
      ok after a pretty reasonable upgrade in gear and boost of DPS, up to 26k, 51k hp, over 700 in resist all, 870 life on hit, and a decent spec, (barbarian) im still finding trouble in act 3, i mean like same friggen champ pack kills me like 4x in a row.. the breached keep is such tight quarters, i have trouble getting out of their arcane sentries, poison pools, whatever. also what does the fiery chain that connects them sometimes, do? a guy i was talking to has over 44k dps and i cant really see where hes getting it from, hes got like 100 more str than me and some more damage from crit. we have the same spec. hes got the damage range boost stat on his rings and amulet, i guess that counts for something, but i wouldnt think almost 2x the dmg.

here is my character:

here is his:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/E...8/hero/1813998

his crit damage bonus is 275% and mine is 197% is that plus the 100 more str driving his dps up that much more?

feeling a little discouraged
      also, noticing most of my drops suck, they are mostly level 54-55 crap yellows, rarely get a 61 lvl +
      so many quivers and xbows..
      Last edited by turborave; 08-12-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-12-2012 10:03 PM #1463
      Quote Originally Posted by turborave View Post
      ok after a pretty reasonable upgrade in gear and boost of DPS, up to 26k, 51k hp, over 700 in resist all, 870 life on hit, and a decent spec, (barbarian) im still finding trouble in act 3, i mean like same friggen champ pack kills me like 4x in a row.. the breached keep is such tight quarters, i have trouble getting out of their arcane sentries, poison pools, whatever. also what does the fiery chain that connects them sometimes, do? a guy i was talking to has over 44k dps and i cant really see where hes getting it from, hes got like 100 more str than me and some more damage from crit. we have the same spec. hes got the damage range boost stat on his rings and amulet, i guess that counts for something, but i wouldnt think almost 2x the dmg.

here is my character:

here is his:

his crit damage bonus is 275% and mine is 197% is that plus the 100 more str driving his dps up that much more?

also, noticing most of my drops suck, they are mostly level 54-55 crap yellows, rarely get a 61 lvl +
      If you're set using a shield get one with crit rating. Crit is everything in this game now.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-12-2012 10:05 PM #1464
      What's your mf at? If it's low that's why you're not getting good drops. More MF means more drops means higher chance for higher level loot.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      08-12-2012 10:07 PM #1465
      i dont have decent MF gear, i have a gold/mf set, but its all pieced together and i can only run act1 with it.. act 2 i need to run with my damage gear on. i get 5 stacks of NV, but it still seems bad, im running an act 2 run right now, i'll see how it goes. i had my eye on a 28% block 9% crit lvl 63 shield but i got outbid on it

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-12-2012 10:26 PM #1466
      I don't have good dps mf gear. I have a couple pieces and I swap in 7 items for the kill. 300mf total after 5 stacks. Apparently that's a good number.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      08-12-2012 10:32 PM #1467
      well Clean PG and I both beat the game today.

Selling my pro monk loots for 756.12 eruos and 1 CAD.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      08-12-2012 10:42 PM #1468
      well Clean PG and I both beat the game today.

Selling my pro monk loots for 756.12 eruos and 1 CAD.

made for a pretty accomplished weekend

Vehicles
      08-13-2012 11:18 AM #1469
      If you're set using a shield get one with crit rating. Crit is everything in this game now.
      got a shield with 10% crit rating, at the cost of my 20% mf and 80 res all, so at about 650 res all.. up over 30k dps and over 30% crit.. i'll give it a run tonight and see how it goes..

35. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-13-2012 12:10 PM #1470

here is my character:

here is his:

I've cleared Inferno so many times with a Barb. I think your spec is decent but I would bump up the resistance. What good is +life on hit when you can't tank mobs.

Resistance > Vitality in Act 3/4. Until you hit diminishing returns then go for Vit. I have more str + resist than you and I'm only at 34-35k vit.

Vit is not a very good stat overall because it doesn't do anything but boost your HP pool. Str is sexier because it not only gives you +dmg but +crit and +block.

Physical Resist is also sexier than Vit because it's a bigger dmg reduction than armor. You may also want to have atleast 11-15% dodge through dex. It makes tanking through champs and elites much better. I see very little Phy resist on your gear.

got a shield with 10% crit rating, at the cost of my 20% mf and 80 res all, so at about 650 res all.. up over 30k dps and over 30% crit.. i'll give it a run tonight and see how it goes..
      I would take the 80 res over crit and MF if your goal is to clear or farm act3/4.

You can't survive waves of elites and hard hitting mobs without +800 resist for a melee class. The crit gives you a nice revenge heal but you have to survive being mobbed and revenge not proc.

MF is free when you have the buff or max it out on your Pet.
      Last edited by Vision33r; 08-13-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast