Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2408

Thread: Official Diablo 3 thread: everything D3 related

Vehicles
      04 .:R. 87 325IC/M50
      06-22-2012 03:48 PM #1151
      I've found a few +6 property recipes. Sold the sword one I found for a mil and I kept the grand exalted phantom bow recipe I found(goes for around 3.4 mil but I want to craft them). Crafting really isn't worth it unless the item goes for a lot anyways, or you are doing it to use yourself.

Vehicles
      06-22-2012 03:52 PM #1152
      I crafted a good bow last night, 952 dps open socket and 52% crit damage with 32% damage. Got some new gear, thankfully I was able to offload all my ias gear and got around 5 mil for it all and bought new crit damage gear and resistance gear. Back up to around 100k dps with SS and 60k without. Tried a few act 3 runs last night and all the loot was crap, it's way more profitable to run act 1 unfortunately .

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      06-22-2012 05:59 PM #1153
      Quote Originally Posted by Lurkin bunny View Post
      I crafted a good bow last night, 952 dps open socket and 52% crit damage with 32% damage. Got some new gear, thankfully I was able to offload all my ias gear and got around 5 mil for it all and bought new crit damage gear and resistance gear. Back up to around 100k dps with SS and 60k without. Tried a few act 3 runs last night and all the loot was crap, it's way more profitable to run act 1 unfortunately .
      thats been the new consensus from what i am reading, you lose to much from the fights in repair bills when you can just drop to 2 or 1 and not lose money that way. i know when i did act 2 a few nights ago with the gf i got a 28k repair bill from like 30 minutes of playing and dying , dropped to act one and did a butcher run with 5nv and after butcher some more elites and it cost me 2k lol
      so i know i need a few better gear items ilvl60+ and a new one hander that has 950+ dps

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      06-22-2012 10:52 PM #1154
      Quote Originally Posted by cstjetta View Post
      thats been the new consensus from what i am reading, you lose to much from the fights in repair bills when you can just drop to 2 or 1 and not lose money that way. i know when i did act 2 a few nights ago with the gf i got a 28k repair bill from like 30 minutes of playing and dying , dropped to act one and did a butcher run with 5nv and after butcher some more elites and it cost me 2k lol
      so i know i need a few better gear items ilvl60+ and a new one hander that has 950+ dps
      Sent ya a friend request btw

Vehicles
      '86 Scirocco, '07 Rabbit, '09 MINI JCW
      06-22-2012 11:10 PM #1155
      Tried a few act 3 runs last night and all the loot was crap, it's way more profitable to run act 1 unfortunately .
      Give it time. They'll get it figured out.

Vehicles
      '15 5.0, '13 Focus, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      06-24-2012 06:54 PM #1156
      Where are you guys hitting 60? I'm getting close to wrapping up Act 1 Hell and I'm about to hit 54, so I feel like I'll hit 60 by the end of Act II. Is that about normal?
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews
      Domestic Muscle Owners Not-So-Anonymous
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Can we just have more boob pics, please?

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      06-24-2012 07:00 PM #1157
      Quote Originally Posted by PassSedanGLX View Post
      Where are you guys hitting 60? I'm getting close to wrapping up Act 1 Hell and I'm about to hit 54, so I feel like I'll hit 60 by the end of Act II. Is that about normal?
      Nah, late act 3 normally. It's been awhile though so I don't really remember. If you explored alot it might be a bit earlier. Alteast that where I think my wd hit 60, I don't exactly remember

My wiz is currently half way through act 2hell and I'm level 55/almost 56 but I went straight through everything, hardly did any side quests and ran right past all of the side dungeons that don't involve the main quest.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      06-24-2012 07:05 PM #1158
      youll be surprised how long it takes to get to 60 from where you are.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      06-24-2012 07:25 PM #1159
      Hardcore might be my favorite game mode, I say this since I haven't died yet. Couple of silly questions, does my stash carry over if I die, or do I need to create another hardcore character to ensure it carries over? And since I don't craft much is the dps listed at the BS the actual dps, or is that random too?
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      06-24-2012 08:00 PM #1160
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      Hardcore might be my favorite game mode, I say this since I haven't died yet. Couple of silly questions, does my stash carry over if I die, or do I need to create another hardcore character to ensure it carries over? And since I don't craft much is the dps listed at the BS the actual dps, or is that random too?
      Stash stays

and every weapon has a set dps. The random part is the "extra" damage weapons have that isn't calculater in until you create the item
      Hi.

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      06-24-2012 08:21 PM #1161
      this is true....already had an ass pucker moment lol

puts a whole new twist on the game.

Vehicles
      '15 5.0, '13 Focus, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      06-25-2012 12:26 AM #1162
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteuro View Post
      youll be surprised how long it takes to get to 60 from where you are.
      I've been doing my best to maximize my XP, even re-running a few quests just for the easy XP gains. It's amazing the difference a level can make in viability at this stage.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews
      Domestic Muscle Owners Not-So-Anonymous
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Can we just have more boob pics, please?

Vehicles
      06-25-2012 01:56 AM #1163
      A super fast way to level (got my wizard form 55-60 in about an hour of playtime) is to get the waypoint for actIII the heart of sin quest. take the arreat crater level 1 point and then kill that floor. rinse wash and repeat. the little spider thingy mobs give you a BUNCH of experience. It's the fastest way to level right now. If I'm on i can get you the waypoint.

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      06-25-2012 08:12 AM #1164
      I've been doing my best to maximize my XP, even re-running a few quests just for the easy XP gains. It's amazing the difference a level can make in viability at this stage.
      yeah, thats prolly your best bet.

A super fast way to level (got my wizard form 55-60 in about an hour of playtime) is to get the waypoint for actIII the heart of sin quest. take the arreat crater level 1 point and then kill that floor. rinse wash and repeat. the little spider thingy mobs give you a BUNCH of experience. It's the fastest way to level right now. If I'm on i can get you the waypoint.
      this only works if you can get the kill mass bonus. but yes that's a viable solution.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      06-25-2012 08:14 AM #1165
      this only works if you can get the kill mass bonus. but yes that's a viable solution.
      I just got a 61 mass kill yesterday with my wiz. Believe that's my highest so far.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      06-25-2012 08:27 AM #1166
      Quote Originally Posted by i3rent View Post
      I just got a 61 mass kill yesterday with my wiz. Believe that's my highest so far.
      very nice. I don't know whats mine i think its in the 40's

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      06-25-2012 10:54 AM #1167
      i cant quite figure out what i'm missing here: i realize more damage would increase my survivability and that is what i'm working on improving right now (only at 12k with minimal life on hit), but besides that i still feel weak when farming a1 inferno on my monk.

is 640 all res and 35k life not enough for a1 inferno? i'm sure it's not great, but i just cant imagine that i need even more resistance. i can clear the act but there are still mobs i often struggle with.

12k damage (1h with shield)
      5500 armor
      640 resist all
      35k life
      220 life on hit (so i'm using mantra of healing for health regen)

is this to be expected with those stats? any tips/advice would be appreciated
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      06-25-2012 11:38 AM #1168
      I know nothing on Monks, but I just saw this on Reddit so here ya go.

And for funnies...

Flickr

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      06-25-2012 11:51 AM #1169
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      i cant quite figure out what i'm missing here: i realize more damage would increase my survivability and that is what i'm working on improving right now (only at 12k with minimal life on hit), but besides that i still feel weak when farming a1 inferno on my monk.

is 640 all res and 35k life not enough for a1 inferno? i'm sure it's not great, but i just cant imagine that i need even more resistance. i can clear the act but there are still mobs i often struggle with.

12k damage (1h with shield)
      5500 armor
      640 resist all
      35k life
      220 life on hit (so i'm using mantra of healing for health regen)

is this to be expected with those stats? any tips/advice would be appreciated
      Don't worry I'm in the same boat as u. The patch killed some stuff for the monks to be tanks. Unfortunately barbs are the tanks now. Guess time for me to finish my barb to 60.

Vehicles
      06-25-2012 11:58 AM #1170
      I know nothing on Monks, but I just saw this on Reddit so here ya go.
      i cant see youtube at work but if it's the vid posted this morning about a new monk guide (a real one this time) then i plan to watch it when i run home for my lunch break today

i saw the fake one a week or so ago that talks about exiting the game and remaking as a demon hunter, i lol'd

Don't worry I'm in the same boat as u. The patch killed some stuff for the monks to be tanks. Unfortunately barbs are the tanks now. Guess time for me to finish my barb to 60.
      yeah, it sucks. i love the monk too, just wish i could find a way to make him a little more powerful. i'm not giving up hope yet, cus i really don't want to make another new character at this time nor do i want to try and gear up my wizard or dh just yet. i just prefer melee

edit:
      that youtube vid of the monk guide basically covered everything i was already doing, which means it comes down to me needing to improve my gear for the most part. doh!
      Last edited by Clean PG; 06-25-2012 at 01:58 PM.
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      06-25-2012 02:51 PM #1171
      TIL that there might be a third crafting skill added later. The Mystic

(The woman you save from the spiders)
      Flickr

Vehicles
      06-25-2012 04:02 PM #1172
      i can barely afford to craft with the blacksmith the way it is, cant imagine i'd utilize a 3rd npc for quite some time

would anyone happen to know if sweeping wind (monk skill, creates a ring around you that constantly deals dmg) causes the Reclamation rune of Mantra of Conviction (gives you life on hit with melee attacks) to trigger? i promise i'm not lazy, i will test this when i get home from work....but again curiousity kills me and reddit returned no search results so i came here

i wouldnt expect it to, since sweeping wind isn't a true melee attack, but if it's a current exploit i feel it'd work substantially better than mantra of healing because it'd also provide you with additional damage

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      06-25-2012 04:38 PM #1173
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      i can barely afford to craft with the blacksmith the way it is, cant imagine i'd utilize a 3rd npc for quite some time

would anyone happen to know if sweeping wind (monk skill, creates a ring around you that constantly deals dmg) causes the Reclamation rune of Mantra of Conviction (gives you life on hit with melee attacks) to trigger? i promise i'm not lazy, i will test this when i get home from work....but again curiousity kills me and reddit returned no search results so i came here

i wouldnt expect it to, since sweeping wind isn't a true melee attack, but if it's a current exploit i feel it'd work substantially better than mantra of healing because it'd also provide you with additional damage
      I don't think so I think its just dam.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      06-25-2012 05:08 PM #1174
      Just hit 60 with my Wiz. Blowing through act 1 inferno like its nothing, I'll post my stats and build in a little bit, she is loads better than my WD ever was. Having so much fun again!
      Hi.

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      06-25-2012 05:17 PM #1175
      BUILD

Basically I spam spectral blade and energy twister and get a crap ton of crit procs and my defensive abilities are almost always up thanks to critical mass.

I wish my weapon had a socket because my crit damage is a little low. Would like it to be around 200%.

Hi.

Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast