VWVortex

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2408

Thread: Official Diablo 3 thread: everything D3 related

Vehicles
      2001 GTI GLS
      06-30-2012 01:15 PM #1251
      Quote Originally Posted by whiteuro View Post
      Just to think I only spent 500k on my gear. Haha. It's all in the skills too. Maybe check out my skills and give it a try?
      Yeah, def some skills I may have to adjust. I haven't spent a lot on my monk in the ah, I try to find most gear for 5-10k. I did get a few decent drops this morning and got some chest armor with a boost in vit, and a cool lvl 61 legendary fist that i was pretty stoked on (though the dps kinda sucks).

Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      06-30-2012 08:48 PM #1252
      can someone provide some clarification on weapons for me please?

example:

1h Sword with 700dps that also has +200min dmg and +200max dmg listed.

is that +200min/+200max already calculated into the displayed dps (700) or does that get applied to my overall damage AFTER equipping the weapon? thanks for the help
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI, 2011 husaberg FS570, 2014 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
      06-30-2012 10:35 PM #1253
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      can someone provide some clarification on weapons for me please?

example:

1h Sword with 700dps that also has +200min dmg and +200max dmg listed.

is that +200min/+200max already calculated into the displayed dps (700) or does that get applied to my overall damage AFTER equipping the weapon? thanks for the help
      its already calculated in to the listed DPS (min/max)

Vehicles
      07-01-2012 12:50 AM #1254
      Quote Originally Posted by TBT-Syncro View Post
      its already calculated in to the listed DPS (min/max)
      well that's kind of lame. anytime you sort by DPS then, those types of mods don't really matter (min/max, %ed, etc) only ones that will actually add damage AFTER equipping would be +Dex/Str/Int depending on your character then. i kinda liked playing the guessing game in D2 when trying to decide between 160%ed/40min or 120max jewelers armors

thanks for the info
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      07-01-2012 07:32 AM #1255
      well that's kind of lame. anytime you sort by DPS then, those types of mods don't really matter (min/max, %ed, etc) only ones that will actually add damage AFTER equipping would be +Dex/Str/Int depending on your character then. i kinda liked playing the guessing game in D2 when trying to decide between 160%ed/40min or 120max jewelers armors

thanks for the info
      It's also why you need to be careful with socketed items- people put gems in them to artificially boost their DoS ranking.
      iain

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      07-01-2012 03:32 PM #1256
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      It's also why you need to be careful with socketed items- people put gems in them to artificially boost their DoS ranking.
      I'm pretty sure they fixed that now on the ah. When you sort it the list shows the dps of the weapon before any socket is applied. When you hover over the item it shows the damage after, at least I'm pretty sure that's how it is now
      Hi.

Vehicles
      '07 BMW 335i
      07-02-2012 10:25 AM #1257
      It sucks having a net negative gold income while laboring through Act 2. However, I've managed to kill all but a few elite packs. The ones that I skipped had stupid affix combos including fast (on already fast base movement), teleport, and any mix of vortex, extra health, knockback, and molten/plague. So despite my best efforts to lay a path of Blizzard to slow them while trying to keep them just off screen, I always fail against these types. It's just impossible to keep any real distance. You guys already know how stupid it is for fast elites to have the fast affix, especially if they jump, too. I ran into a bunch of these (can't remember what they're called) in the sewer areas and was forced to restart the game in hopes that I could eke through to the exit.

I think I'll go back to Hell Act 3/4 and Inferno Act 1 to get some more gold to support my habit of dying in Act 2.

I have managed to get some 10-11k additional health (~31k total), while losing a bit of resist, and getting a bit more than 30k dps. I still get one-shotted, but I can last a bit longer against certain elites, which definitely helps. I've been happy to generally handle elites with the reflect damage affix much better now. Sometimes I have to kite and allow my potion cooldown to become available, but overall they aren't too bad now.
      Oddfellows Local 726

07-02-2012 11:11 AM #1258
      You all may laugh, but I'm lvl 52, still in Nightmare. I've been playing around with a bunch of different combos, and moving slowly. Plus I ran through the Towers several times and laid waste to thousands of trash mobs, the XP and gold runs up quickly.

I never get tired of hearing:
      "Bleed, you filth!"
      "Feel my wrath!"
      "That was a worthy opponent".

That said, I get burned out on the game if I play more than an hour at a time. My eyes start to glaze over.

Vehicles
      '07 BMW 335i
      07-02-2012 11:20 AM #1259
      Quote Originally Posted by JCJetta View Post
      You all may laugh, but I'm lvl 52, still in Nightmare. I've been playing around with a bunch of different combos, and moving slowly. Plus I ran through the Towers several times and laid waste to thousands of trash mobs, the XP and gold runs up quickly.

I never get tired of hearing:
      "Bleed, you filth!"
      "Feel my wrath!"
      "That was a worthy opponent".

That said, I get burned out on the game if I play more than an hour at a time. My eyes start to glaze over.
      Do what you gotta do for gold.

I like going through Act 3/4 Hell with a full offensive build and just facerolling everything in sight. Not worrying about dying makes farming gold easier.
      Oddfellows Local 726

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      07-02-2012 02:17 PM #1260
      Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
      Do what you gotta do for gold.

I like going through Act 3/4 Hell with a full offensive build and just facerolling everything in sight. Not worrying about dying makes farming gold easier.
      I run a1 inferno for gold. Its so nice when 1k gold drops from everyother thing. Most time nothing below 400. Drops for me.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      07-02-2012 02:51 PM #1261
      I think the benefit of Act 3/4 Hell is that you can fly through it much quicker. So the potential for more gold is there, but I haven't crunched the numbers.

32.33 ....repeating of course.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      '15 5.0, '13 Focus, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      07-02-2012 03:26 PM #1262
      Quote Originally Posted by i3rent View Post
      I'm pretty sure they fixed that now on the ah. When you sort it the list shows the dps of the weapon before any socket is applied. When you hover over the item it shows the damage after, at least I'm pretty sure that's how it is now
      Correct. The DPS listed in the column is the unsocketed value. When you hover, it shows the modified value.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews
      Domestic Muscle Owners Not-So-Anonymous
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Can we just have more boob pics, please?

Vehicles
      2012 VW CC R-Line
      07-02-2012 06:41 PM #1263
      White, I was just going to ask if you wanted to continue our HC game. Dodged a bullet there.

Diablo just went down.
      Quote Originally Posted by JKREW
      These kind of threads make me want to punch puppies in the face.
      Flickr

Vehicles
      '07 BMW 335i
      07-02-2012 11:21 PM #1264
      Quote Originally Posted by SurferbobGolf View Post
      ...but I haven't crunched the numbers.

I lol'd.
      Oddfellows Local 726

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      07-02-2012 11:26 PM #1265
      I think the benefit of Act 3/4 Hell is that you can fly through it much quicker. So the potential for more gold is there, but I haven't crunched the numbers.

Such a classic.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      07-02-2012 11:51 PM #1266
      White, I was just going to ask if you wanted to continue our HC game. Dodged a bullet there.

Diablo just went down.
      Yeah. My internets been sketchy today too. Comcast is coming out Wednesday. Idk what's been up with the servers lately kinda frusterating.

Vehicles
      '07 BMW 335i
      07-03-2012 10:11 AM #1267
      So I finally spent time to get all the mats for the Staff of Herding. I have the pattern for the regular one and the Hellish version. I doubt I'll get the pattern for the Infernal staff anytime soon, since it's found in Act 4 (I think)? Now I just have to farm 500k gold to make it.
      Oddfellows Local 726

Vehicles
      07-03-2012 10:17 AM #1268
      Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
      So I finally spent time to get all the mats for the Staff of Herding. I have the pattern for the regular one and the Hellish version. I doubt I'll get the pattern for the Infernal staff anytime soon, since it's found in Act 4 (I think)? Now I just have to farm 500k gold to make it.
      Izual drops it, so you'd have to kill him a few times since it's not a guaranteed find. even if i get the plans when i get to Inferno A4 Izzy, idk if i'll even be able to handle those pony runs....

no server maintenance today? that's fine with me, but it's just weird seeing the servers are up right now on a Tuesday morning....heh.

Vehicles
      07 Wabbit, 00 VR Jetta
      07-03-2012 10:51 AM #1269

no server maintenance today? that's fine with me, but it's just weird seeing the servers are up right now on a Tuesday morning....heh.
      Lastnights server crash prollu made them do the maintenance lastnight instead of today.

Vehicles
      '07 BMW 335i
      07-03-2012 11:51 AM #1270
      I wonder why they're having so many server stability problems with this game? One would think that with millions more playing (or having played) WoW and the countless servers they've maintained over the past seven years, that there would be fewer problems. While I'm sure it's not the case, sometimes it seems like they dusted off whatever hardware they had lying around and decided that it was good for D3.
      Oddfellows Local 726

Vehicles
      07-03-2012 12:47 PM #1271
      http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6583...pping-7_3_2012

to be honest, i dont have a clue which one i think would be the most effective. but whatever they pick hopefully doesn't cause the value of mf gear to change at all. good gear should still be worth a lot and basic gear should still be cheap.

07-03-2012 01:16 PM #1272
      For those poor folks like yours truly that have Battle.net blocked, would you mind copy/pasting it here? Thanks!

Vehicles
      3 tone red car
      07-03-2012 01:37 PM #1273

Since release it has become an increasingly common practice to keep a Magic Find (MF) set in your inventory, and swap it in shortly before a kill. Philosophically we don't have a problem with the practice. While players getting more Magic Find for their kills isn't a game breaker for us, many players have said they don't enjoy doing it but feel the benefit is too large to ignore. Since the call for a solution really comes from all of you, we'd like to invite you to chime in with your opinion on what the solution could be.
      It's worth keeping in mind that if we do implement a method to alleviate gear-swapping in combat, we'll simultaneously be looking at ways for players to get an added MF bonus to compensate.

Here are the solutions we're currently considering, and would appreciate your feedback and opinion on what seems the most reasonable for you, and why:
      Option 1: Set a Magic Find Cap
      We could set an MF cap between something like 100% and 200%. Nephalem Valor provides 75%, so you would need between 25% and 125% to reach the hard cap. Everyone could find ways to hit the cap for MF% on their gear and then stop.
      Pros: Creates a gearing-game around trying to hit the "MF% cap" that some players enjoy. It also solves the swapping issue for people with enough gear to hit the cap. Players who want to min-max and gear swap can do so, and players who think it's stupid but feel "compelled" can try to hit the new cap instead.
      Cons: Depending on where the cap is set, it may not actually alleviate gear swapping, and players who wish they didn’t have to will feel compelled to do so. It also devalues a highly valuable stat, and desired stats mean desired gear, which helps diversify the item hunt.

Option 2: Slowly Adjust Magic Find Over Time
      When you equip an item with Magic Find, we don't let your MF% change right away. Instead your Magic Find slowly "drifts" towards the target Magic Find -- potentially something like 1% every 3 seconds. If you open up your Character Details sheet, you can see the number change "8%... 9%... 10%." Even though you could in theory switch to Magic Find gear for the killing blow and get a few extra percent, it’s probably not worth it.
      Pros: High degree of visibility as your stat sheet updates. Still allows you to swap your gear when you get an upgrade in the world without having to feel bad about putting the item on.
      Cons: May not alleviate the problem for players who still feel compelled to get a few extra MF%. Depending on the rate, some players may just swap in an item during the last 20 seconds of a fight even though they don’t want to.

Option 3: Use your average MF% or your lowest MF% of the last 5 minutes
      We could sample your MF% every 30 seconds or so and create a moving average, or use the lowest MF% the game has seen on your character in the last few minutes.
      Pros: A lot of the same benefits as Solution 2, but harder to game. Still allows you to switch gear when you get an upgrade, which is great.
      Cons: Difficult to communicate. We'd have to communicate this on the Details page somehow, but during normal gameplay there could be the sense of not knowing what your "moving average" is and wanting to look at it. Magic Find is already a difficult number to feel at any point in time, so hidden rules that modify Magic Find feel that much worse.

Option 4: Zero-Out Your MF% for 3 Minutes After Swapping Gear
      When you swap gear, your Magic Find is disabled for 3 minutes.
      Pros: Absolutely effective at discouraging gear swaps. Still allows you to swap gear when you find an upgrade, and the 3 minute duration is probably short enough that if you kill an Elite pack and get an upgrade, you can put that upgrade on and have your Magic Find active again by the time you get to the next pack.
      Cons: Players who are unfamiliar with the system may open up their details page and see their Magic Find as 0% and not understand why. We could mitigate this by making the 0% MF colored with a tooltip stating the countdown until your Magic Find would work again, as well as what your Magic Find will be when the time expires.

Option 5: Gear Swapping Interacts with Nephalem Valor
      There's a whole class of solutions that interact with Nephalem Valor. For example, we could remove a stack of Nephalem Valor when you swap a piece of gear.
      Pros: Stops gear swapping just for the last kill, while still allowing the player the option to do so.
      Cons: Some players will lose a stack by accident. We could put a confirmation box in to address accidental loss of a stack, but game-interrupting popups are potentially character-killing. It also causes co-op players to drop out of sync. One person may switch gear and lose a stack or two, and if it happens before a boss they'll want to clear two more packs before hitting the boss, but the other party members may not want to -- causing some tense social situations in co-op play. Finally, it tightly couples two systems together and generally tightly-coupled systems don't function over the long haul as well as loosely-coupled systems. In other words, future changes to the Nephalem Valor system or the Magic Find system (or systems related to those two systems) become harder to make as both systems would be impacted.

While we're having our own discussions and tests of how well these options could work, we’re interested to hear your thoughts. We’d mainly like to hear which approaches you like, if there are any specifics you like or don't like about it, and why. Having the context of how this affects you personally really helps us.
      We're going to be locking down comments in this article to focus feedback to one location, so please head to the forum thread link below to discuss.
      Hi.

Vehicles
      07-03-2012 02:10 PM #1274
      Quote Originally Posted by JCJetta View Post
      For those poor folks like yours truly that have Battle.net blocked, would you mind copy/pasting it here? Thanks!
      one thing i learned which made me lol at my desk last week is you might be able to get around the blocked site by putting an "s" after the "http" in the battle.net url. often times companies wont block secure sites

so try this just for giggles:
      https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/658...pping-7_3_2012

Vehicles
      96 passat glx
      07-04-2012 01:13 AM #1275
      battle tag is vr6pissat#1962

Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast