Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 322

    Thread: 17s with MEAT (aka "small" wheels with FAT tires)

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-15-2012 03:20 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      OMG, 235 and 50?!?!?! Gawd dayum....!

      Why 235 on a narrow 7" wheel? Wouldn't a narrower tire be better in the snow?
      hahah. yeah. found them on Craigslist for like. $125, i couldn't resist. figured i'd be obnoxious.

      anti-form and function. :thumb up:



      got it washed, and this is a pic taken a week after said wash, and still looks decent she cleans up nice

      Last edited by R32sSayBwaaa; 01-15-2012 at 06:04 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-15-2012 07:36 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      You've got longer gears now
      hitting 60mph in 2nd
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-16-2012 04:38 PM #108
      bump, saw this guy at the mall today, he parked next to me. but check this out... 16s!!!









      a shot of the seats to prove its a real R. it had ll the R firm, steering wheel, rear bumper, everything. just a weird shaved 20th front bumper.
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    4. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-16-2012 04:54 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by R32sSayBwaaa View Post

      those arent the stock R brakes they cant be! ha

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-16-2012 04:56 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by vw-tim View Post
      those arent the stock R brakes they cant be! ha
      it looks like it.. maybe he ground them down...? they look like our "tall" dual piston brakes..

      but i could most definitely be and more than likely am wrong. i wish i could have met him and talked to him.
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    6. Member dave13s4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2004
      Location
      Long Island
      Posts
      3,339
      Vehicles
      12 VW Golf R, 99 Jeep Cherokee , 04 VW R33T(SOLD)
      01-16-2012 10:11 PM #111
      It's either not an r32 (plenty of people swap over R parts) or its an r32 with 20th brakes. The last one is very possible, i have regular gti brakes on the front of my car (so I can run 15's with slicks or drag radials) with the calipers painted black all around. Btw anyone who says gti brakes won't stop an r they are dead wrong, my car with poterfield pads and slotted rotors stops just as well if not better than my r brakes did with less fade.
      Last edited by dave13s4; 01-16-2012 at 10:14 PM.

    7. Member Projekt R32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 1st, 2008
      Location
      The Granite State
      Posts
      4,009
      Vehicles
      2011 S4 1991 E30 325is
      01-16-2012 11:01 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by R32sSayBwaaa View Post
      I love this car
      The Wheel Lab
      Dealers of: HRE BBS Fifteen52, DPE, KW, Bilstein, H&R, and more
      Please contact me at Sales@Wheel-Lab.com
      Follow us on Facebook!
      Visit our current website.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-17-2012 06:30 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by dave13s4 View Post
      It's either not an r32 (plenty of people swap over R parts) or its an r32 with 20th brakes. The last one is very possible, i have regular gti brakes on the front of my car (so I can run 15's with slicks or drag radials) with the calipers painted black all around. Btw anyone who says gti brakes won't stop an r they are dead wrong, my car with poterfield pads and slotted rotors stops just as well if not better than my r brakes did with less fade.
      its gotta be an R. everything on it is R. R rear bumper, dual exhaust, whole interior is R, badges, everything. except that shaved 20th bumper. lol. but I'm fairly certain its an R.

      and its very possible they are gti brakes.



      Quote Originally Posted by Projekt R32 View Post
      I love this car

      thanks man, i appreciate it. its coming along.
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    9. Member dave13s4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2004
      Location
      Long Island
      Posts
      3,339
      Vehicles
      12 VW Golf R, 99 Jeep Cherokee , 04 VW R33T(SOLD)
      01-17-2012 10:05 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by R32sSayBwaaa View Post
      its gotta be an R. everything on it is R. R rear bumper, dual exhaust, whole interior is R, badges, everything. except that shaved 20th bumper. lol. but I'm fairly certain its an R.

      and its very possible they are gti brakes.
      yea its most likely an R with smaller brakes

    10. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-20-2012 04:36 PM #115
      so im thinking of maybe doing like 17x8 bbs lm reps.... what you guys think?? ive always loved them cant afford real ones.. ha and i like the price of tires for 17 inch wheels..

    11. Member dr. b's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2005
      Location
      motorsport capitol, the world
      Posts
      4,513
      Vehicles
      e30, she rocks a B8
      01-20-2012 04:46 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by dave13s4 View Post
      It's either not an r32 (plenty of people swap over R parts) or its an r32 with 20th brakes. The last one is very possible, i have regular gti brakes on the front of my car (so I can run 15's with slicks or drag radials) with the calipers painted black all around. Btw anyone who says gti brakes won't stop an r they are dead wrong, my car with poterfield pads and slotted rotors stops just as well if not better than my r brakes did with less fade.
      anniversary rotors, Brembo 4 pot cali's, still don't fit tons of wheels, but they can engage the abs without much effort.

      and i may be going with RPF1s and more rubber here very soon...
      "I'm DrB and I approve this message."

      instagram doktor_b

      projekt oveRhaul - i hate my caR and i hate you too

    12. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-21-2012 01:16 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by 04ThirtyTwo View Post
      These are the pictures that got ahold of my wallet.



      what tire size is this? i digg it

    13. Banned ThatVdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2010
      Location
      Jax, FL
      Posts
      6,931
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      01-21-2012 01:34 PM #118

    14. Member QBNR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2004
      Location
      Mission Hills, CA
      Posts
      2,884
      Vehicles
      2004 VW R32 aka "The QBNator", 2000 Audi A4, 1977 VW Derby (RHD), 2006 VW Phaeton
      01-21-2012 01:57 PM #119
      Here is mine, 17x8 RPF1's with 235/45 Toyo R888's


    15. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-21-2012 03:16 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by QBNR32 View Post
      Here is mine, 17x8 RPF1's with 235/45 Toyo R888's

      i just hateeee wheel gap! haha it looks good but just little more lower haha

    16. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-21-2012 03:43 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      Lower indeed looks nice, but you lose too much suspension travel and increase damage potential
      giga fold, in every possible way, no less lose so much handling...
      thats true! handling is pretty nice ha

    17. Member QBNR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2004
      Location
      Mission Hills, CA
      Posts
      2,884
      Vehicles
      2004 VW R32 aka "The QBNator", 2000 Audi A4, 1977 VW Derby (RHD), 2006 VW Phaeton
      01-21-2012 03:52 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by vw-tim View Post
      i just hateeee wheel gap! haha it looks good but just little more lower haha
      That was it's "track" height, it currently sits a little lower for street duty

    18. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-21-2012 04:01 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by QBNR32 View Post
      That was it's "track" height, it currently sits a little lower for street duty
      forsure! post up "street" height pic! same wheel setup or you run different set up for street duty? ha

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-21-2012 06:36 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      OMG, 235 and 50?!?!?! Gawd dayum....!

      Why 235 on a narrow 7" wheel? Wouldn't a narrower tire be better in the snow?
      just realized it was a 55 series today. lol.

      anyways, went out and had fun today, heres a teaser pic to the videos I'm trying to string together, we got like 14" of snow or something to that effect. this is early in the day, ~8am. it snowed until about 4pm.

      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    20. Member aircooled56's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2006
      Location
      San Luis Obispo
      Posts
      2,414
      Vehicles
      2004 R32
      01-21-2012 06:42 PM #125
      I'm seriously digging your rally-esque setup!
      .:R32 RennSport
      Buttonwillow #13 2:02.411 Laguna Seca 1:45.485 Willow Springs 1:37.339
      www.usrallyteam.com For all of your hardcore racing needs!
      www.Speedhunters.com
      www.petrolicious.com

    21. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-21-2012 07:11 PM #126
      seriously i wanna get some lights on my roof! hows the light out put with them?

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-21-2012 11:53 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by aircooled56 View Post
      I'm seriously digging your rally-esque setup!
      thanks man


      Quote Originally Posted by vw-tim View Post
      seriously i wanna get some lights on my roof! hows the light out put with them?
      they send more light everywhere, but when it comes to pure distance the light penetrates straight ahead, high beams are a liiiiittle better. but. i wanna drop in a set of HIDs into all 4 fogs.
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    23. Banned ThatVdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2010
      Location
      Jax, FL
      Posts
      6,931
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      01-21-2012 11:56 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by R32sSayBwaaa View Post
      but. i wanna drop in a set of HIDs into all 4 fogs.
      Who are you trying to kill?!

      Quote Originally Posted by R32sSayBwaaa View Post
      just realized it was a 55 series today. lol.
      Damn!!!

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-22-2012 12:02 AM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      Who are you trying to kill?!



      Damn!!!
      just want it to match my headlights. and be brighter
      its rigged up to my OEM pull-out-fog switch, but that means i can't run them + high beams, only 1 or the other.

      and yeahhh. they're obnoxious. went and did a lot of snow drifting today... going to put to gather a video in the next few days hopefully. but once we were all done, we turned to head home, and just nicely driving down the road, i went to turn left and hit a curb concealed by the snow and ripped my front passenger tire :face palm:

      all good now though. replaced the fronts with a 235/45s so now i can turn without rubbing
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    25. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-22-2012 03:45 AM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by R32sSayBwaaa View Post
      just want it to match my headlights. and be brighter
      its rigged up to my OEM pull-out-fog switch, but that means i can't run them + high beams, only 1 or the other.

      and yeahhh. they're obnoxious. went and did a lot of snow drifting today... going to put to gather a video in the next few days hopefully. but once we were all done, we turned to head home, and just nicely driving down the road, i went to turn left and hit a curb concealed by the snow and ripped my front passenger tire :face palm:

      all good now though. replaced the fronts with a 235/45s so now i can turn without rubbing
      post pic haha an that sucks! how much did the whole light set up cost you? and hid in the lights would be dope! id make em all yellow ha

    26. Member Tredmark4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Orlando/Naples Fla
      Posts
      611
      Vehicles
      MKIV TR R32
      01-22-2012 04:26 AM #131
      I have been seriously thinking of going this route lately. This might be the place to ask this. I'm looking at 17x8 et38 at all corners. Will this work for us?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-22-2012 08:19 AM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by vw-tim View Post
      post pic haha an that sucks! how much did the whole light set up cost you? and hid in the lights would be dope! id make em all yellow ha
      I'm the huge omfg mood of the moment (not to mention snow storm) I never took a pic of the stupid tire :kickself: I'm going back to the shop to mess around with a couple things though, and I'm betting the tires still sitting in the tire graveyard. I'll grab a pic.

      The whole light set up was relatively cheap, I caught the Hellas on sale. Amazon saw me checkin em out, then they sent me an email a couple months later when they went on sale

      And I want them to be 8000k like my headlights, I want them to match and be bright. I want to get bora fogs for my lower grilles and drop yellow hids into those. Then fix all the wiring do I can run all of them together, override the relay or limit switch that says "only high beams or fogs, not both."
      Then align the yellow bora fogs to the "pull out 1 click" on the euro switch and the light rack to the "2 clicks out" position.
      Light for dayssssss
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    28. Banned ThatVdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2010
      Location
      Jax, FL
      Posts
      6,931
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      01-22-2012 09:16 AM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by Tredmark4 View Post
      I'm looking at 17x8 et38 at all corners. Will this work for us?
      It should.
      Can you test fit one?

    29. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Eliot, ME
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      6sp Turdwagen
      01-22-2012 10:48 AM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      It should.
      Can you test fit one?
      x2. it should, just be careful about wheel weights used and where they're placed. I've had 2 sets of wheels have their wheel weights rub on my calipers, a set of 17" rotas and a set of 18" raderwerks. i had to take them somewhere else for thinner wheel weights.

      i sounded like a sprinkler going down the street.
      Quote Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
      Nice first post. Please post pics of your S4, pics of your girlfriend's R32 and most importantly pics of your girlfriend.

    30. Member Jap2Germ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 28th, 2003
      Location
      S. Florida
      Posts
      107
      Vehicles
      04 R32,08 m3,03 element
      01-22-2012 11:27 AM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by QBNR32 View Post
      Here is mine, 17x8 RPF1's with 235/45 Toyo R888's

      What offset if you dont mind me asking. Looks perfect!
      Does it rub at all? I know its a bit high but form and function are my goals too, not the low n slow

      Great setup!

    31. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-22-2012 11:49 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by R32sSayBwaaa View Post
      I'm the huge omfg mood of the moment (not to mention snow storm) I never took a pic of the stupid tire :kickself: I'm going back to the shop to mess around with a couple things though, and I'm betting the tires still sitting in the tire graveyard. I'll grab a pic.

      The whole light set up was relatively cheap, I caught the Hellas on sale. Amazon saw me checkin em out, then they sent me an email a couple months later when they went on sale

      And I want them to be 8000k like my headlights, I want them to match and be bright. I want to get bora fogs for my lower grilles and drop yellow hids into those. Then fix all the wiring do I can run all of them together, override the relay or limit switch that says "only high beams or fogs, not both."
      Then align the yellow bora fogs to the "pull out 1 click" on the euro switch and the light rack to the "2 clicks out" position.
      Light for dayssssss
      haha dang sounds like your gonna be the sun at night! ha be all bright and .:Radiant! haha are you gonna power the lights off another battery?

    32. Member Tredmark4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Orlando/Naples Fla
      Posts
      611
      Vehicles
      MKIV TR R32
      01-22-2012 12:09 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatVdub View Post
      It should.
      Can you test fit one?
      No I cannot. But based on the spoke design I don't think caliper clearance is an issue, only really worried about unnecessary poke up front.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    33. Member vw-tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      California
      Posts
      4,223
      01-22-2012 12:49 PM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by Tredmark4 View Post
      No I cannot. But based on the spoke design I don't think caliper clearance is an issue, only really worried about unnecessary poke up front.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      i dont think there will be any poke.. im no expert but im running 19x8 et35 and then i put on a 10mm idk if this pic helps...


    34. Banned ThatVdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2010
      Location
      Jax, FL
      Posts
      6,931
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      01-22-2012 12:55 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by Tredmark4 View Post
      No I cannot.
      But based on the spoke design I don't think caliper clearance is an issue, only really worried
      17x8 at ET38 should only be a concern for caliper, not poke. But, I am no wheel expert.

    35. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2010
      Location
      Dubai
      Posts
      261
      Vehicles
      2000 Audi S6 Avant
      01-22-2012 01:44 PM #140
      Can u share some more pics.
      Are u running any spacers?
      Are the fenders rolled? Any rubbing issues with 235/45 profile tyres?


      Quote Originally Posted by QBNR32 View Post
      Here is mine, 17x8 RPF1's with 235/45 Toyo R888's

      Last edited by samajvr6; 01-22-2012 at 02:49 PM.

    Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •