Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Putting your money where your mouth is" 101: Adding a little vitamin V8 to my diet

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      08-27-2011 11:49 PM #26
      It's always a good day when someone gets a new RWD V8 car.

Congrats on the purchase.

2. 08-28-2011 09:54 AM #27
      Congrats man, nice car!

3. 08-28-2011 12:16 PM #28
      You will love that car.

Thanks for getting the manual.

The Coyote 5.0 litre is good for 410 HP STOCK ! Wait until a few choice mods are applied.

US Muscle is so much fun.

Enjoy.

Vehicles
      ae86, mk2 diesel NA
      08-28-2011 12:20 PM #29
      Very nice car man .

5. Member
      Vehicles
      06 Mustang GT Vert 5MT, 08 TSX 5AT, 95 Volvo 850 GLT 4AT
      08-28-2011 12:35 PM #30
      I really want one of these.
      http://sixsylinder.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by stacman View Post
      Top gear recommended it, so I bought it.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      08-29-2011 09:16 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      It's always a good day when someone gets a new RWD V8 car.

Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BugattisOnPCH View Post
      You will love that car.

Thanks for getting the manual.

The Coyote 5.0 litre is good for 410 HP STOCK ! Wait until a few choice mods are applied.

US Muscle is so much fun.

Enjoy.
      Yeah, the car seriously is addictive. The high revving nature of the engine just adds to the fun! It's a totally different experience that I am used to. I've never owned a stock car that has problems putting the power down in quite the way the mustang does.

Vehicles
      '15 5.0, '13 Focus, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      08-29-2011 09:17 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Thanks!

Yeah, the car seriously is addictive. The high revving nature of the engine just adds to the fun! It's a totally different experience that I am used to. I've never owned a stock car that has problems putting the power down in quite the way the mustang does.
      We had our GT press car right after I had a Challenger SRT-8. I was constantly short-shifting the Mustang because I wasn't used to the top end. Took a while to get used to.
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews
      Domestic Muscle Owners Not-So-Anonymous
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Can we just have more boob pics, please?

Vehicles
      2015 Audi A6 2014 VW CC
      08-29-2011 09:36 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by PassSedanGLX View Post
      We had our GT press car right after I had a Challenger SRT-8. I was constantly short-shifting the Mustang because I wasn't used to the top end. Took a while to get used to.
      Which car did you like better?

OP, congrats!

Vehicles
      '01 BMW 740i Sport, 2014 Mini Cooper, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      08-29-2011 09:38 AM #34
      Congrats on joining the Mustang club! I know you're gonna love that car. I can't wait for them to get to the point where I can replace my '06 GT convert with a 5.0 convert!

And yeah, the sound is glorious, especially as the revs rise!
      I love cars, but the problem is they are like schroedinger's hobby. They're always in a quantum superstate of being both awesome and a huge waste of time and money... until observation momentarily forces them into one state or another.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 RX-8
      08-29-2011 09:56 AM #35
      i am 99% jelly, except silver = luxurious beige. without trying to start anything, did you CHOOSE silver or was it 'forced' on you?
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfcastle View Post
      Who cares if im wrong, its the internet.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      08-29-2011 10:04 AM #36
      I can see why some folks who are used to the older cars aren't in love with the coyote because the car really needs to be revved to get the most out of it. I kind of like that though. Just by virtue of being a V8, the car has adequate torque in all situations. The engine is quite civilized around town, but up top, it feels like a totally different motor.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashedd View Post
      i am 99% jelly, except silver = luxurious beige. without trying to start anything, did you CHOOSE silver or was it 'forced' on you?
      You know, I wasn't 100% sure about the silver when I picked out it. I originally wanted the gray, but it wasn't available for the 2012s. I also didn't want another dark colored car since this will be a daily driver and I wanted to be able to go more than a week without feeling bad about how dirty the car looks. But I think the silver and gunmetal wheels go well. Plus I think the silver does a better job of showing the body lines (which I happen to really like) than any other color. The Kona Blue is a pretty sharp color though.

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike
      08-29-2011 10:07 AM #37
      Next time I am in town, I am coming to visit you....... I have only completely inappropriate feelings for these cars.
      A(u). Klasse A, unbeschrankt, ungedrosselt
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!

nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, Den Mother - Team Emmett

13. 08-29-2011 11:12 AM #38

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      08-29-2011 11:20 AM #39
      Next time I am in town, I am coming to visit you....... I have only completely inappropriate feelings for these cars.
      Let me know the next time you're in Philly and I'm sure something could be arranged!

Vehicles
      '15 5.0, '13 Focus, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      08-29-2011 11:21 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Let me know the next time you're in Philly and I'm sure something could be arranged!
      TCL part at 6cyl's house. Booze provided!
      www.leftlanenews.com
      @SSLByron, @leftlanenews
      Domestic Muscle Owners Not-So-Anonymous
      Can we just have more boob pics, please?

16. 08-29-2011 11:24 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris_V View Post
      Congrats on joining the Mustang club! I know you're gonna love that car. I can't wait for them to get to the point where I can replace my '06 GT convert with a 5.0 convert!

And yeah, the sound is glorious, especially as the revs rise!
      I love the look of the new cars, and the motor+6 speed option is really cool, but I would rather supercharge mine to get 400hp. I priced a replacement for mine, and it was $49K.
      "The Sebring is an extraordinary car. Ugly to behold and hateful to drive, it is not cheap, elegant, comfortable, practical, prestigious, clever, economical, luxurious, well designed, well thought out or, if the rental car I drove in America this year is anything to go by, especially well made either." - Jeremy Clarkson

17. 08-29-2011 11:31 AM #42
      how does the ride quality compare to your old GTI and crossfire? any harshness or excessive road noise?

18. 08-29-2011 11:55 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by theshmoes View Post
      how does the ride quality compare to your old GTI and crossfire? any harshness or excessive road noise?
      let me answer that for you...since i used to have a 2008 gti...and now i have a 2011 mustang...

the gti had endless ratlles and creaks ever since brand new...

whereas the mustang is now about 6 months old and is tight as a drum, not one single rattle or any nonsense of that sort

but obviously the question is obviously still open to the OP as he has the brembo package and heavier v8 upfront

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike
      08-29-2011 12:08 PM #44
      Nah, we should crash my in-laws! Oh wait, they have no booze. Ooops.
      A(u). Klasse A, unbeschrankt, ungedrosselt
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!

nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, Den Mother - Team Emmett

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 S4, 2004 X3
      08-29-2011 12:41 PM #45
      Nice choice.

I'm pretty sure I'll buy a Mustang GT someday, I've always admired them, and the latest ones are just getting better and better.

Vehicles
      Ruined Outback
      08-29-2011 12:42 PM #46
      Congrats
      Ravens&Bohs&Crabs&O's.

Need a graphic designer? Shoot me a PM.

Vehicles
      '01 BMW 740i Sport, 2014 Mini Cooper, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      08-29-2011 01:20 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
      I love the look of the new cars, and the motor+6 speed option is really cool, but I would rather supercharge mine to get 400hp. I priced a replacement for mine, and it was $49K.

That's why I bought an '06 instead of a '11 or '12. Well over $40k for a GT Premium convertible? Not for this guy. I'll wait until they are 5-6 years old.
      I love cars, but the problem is they are like schroedinger's hobby. They're always in a quantum superstate of being both awesome and a huge waste of time and money... until observation momentarily forces them into one state or another.

Vehicles
      '99 328i, '13 Volt
      08-29-2011 02:03 PM #48
      My GT Premium (no Brembos ) has a very nicely damped ride, and just the right amount of noise. The engine really sings a glorious sound in the cabin, but wind and tire noise is minimum. I find it dangerous on the highway, where 90-95 mph is still whisper quiet gliding in 6th gear at ~2500 rpm.
      | The Orange Line | 1999 BMW 328i | 2013 Chevy Volt |

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      08-29-2011 02:07 PM #49
      I like the sound of that. Or simply a track day at NJ Motorsports Park and partying in the hotel afterwards!

Quote Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
      No doubt these cars can get pricey once the options start getting added in, which is why I wanted the base model car with a few options.

I know the other poster addressed rattles, which you didn't seem to ask about, but I will say that after 250 miles, the car is tight as a drum! Time will tell if the mustang will continue to be as quiet as it is now. Ride quality however, is a bit of a different question, with a different answer. I would say that the GTI and mustang aren't world different in how they felt on the highway. I thought both have a pretty stiff ride, but the Mustang is definitely bouncier. Where the Mustang bounces over bumps, my GTI seemed to crash over them. On the highway, I would give a slight edge to the GTI. The crossfire was a different animal entirely. That car was worlds smoother than the Mustang or GTI. Not to say that the big tires on that car didn't give the car a rough ride when the road got rough, but it was able to channel out more road imperfections than the mustang. If I had to pick one of my last 3 cars to take on a long-distance highspeed highway run, I'd probably choose the crossfire at this point. That car was fantastic over 80 mph and supremely stable. I could partially appreciate the stiff numb steering only at high speeds on the highway. This IMO, is where German cars really show what they can do.

Nah, we should crash my in-laws! Oh wait, they have no booze. Ooops.
      No booze---no problem, I can bring whatever anyone might need!

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      08-29-2011 02:09 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by Chmeeee View Post
      My GT Premium (no Brembos ) has a very nicely damped ride, and just the right amount of noise. The engine really sings a glorious sound in the cabin, but wind and tire noise is minimum. I find it dangerous on the highway, where 90-95 mph is still whisper quiet gliding in 6th gear at ~2500 rpm.
      I forgot to address the noise issue, but I agree with Chmeeee on this--the car is rather quiet on the highway. I don't notice any tire noise or anything either. If anything, the engine noise is really the only thing that gets into the cabin. And trust me, it's a freakin wonderful thing. It's great at 2k rpms and at 5k rpms.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast