Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
    Results 2,101 to 2,135 of 2319

    Thread: Union,NJ ----- Fridays 8pm @ BestBuy

    1. Member nemo1ner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      NJ/NYC
      Posts
      8,811
      Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      09-29-2012 06:55 PM #2101
      Met Life stadium autocrossing.

    2. Member HYDE16's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2010
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,791
      Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      09-29-2012 07:38 PM #2102
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      Met Life stadium autocrossing.
      Oh I saw that, hope you had fun, I had a double birthday today with the family and detailed my sis in laws TDI for her gift.

    3. Member MADSCIENTISTA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2009
      Location
      Northern NJ
      Posts
      1,527
      Vehicles
      98' 2.0 Golf, 82' Diesel Rabbit,88' VR Jetta Coupe
      09-30-2012 12:30 AM #2103
      Quote Originally Posted by Danny P. View Post
      Haha I think I would have made that same choice. Racing is a lot better than getting your wheels stolen.
      x2 I don't look forward to them BUT I know I'm going to hear stories about related shiz that goes on while people party it up or sleep :/
      Quote Originally Posted by NYEuroTuner View Post
      Anyone will create art in any form when passion and dedication is their motivator, not money or fame like other tuning names.
      |Fender Rolling & Polishing Services|
      |UCEURO|Lab Rat @ Einstein Fabrications©|

    4. Member nemo1ner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      NJ/NYC
      Posts
      8,811
      Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      09-30-2012 01:31 AM #2104
      Yep. I'm at an H2NO GTG this weekend. Better than getting pulled over and getting stuff stolen off of our cars.

    5. Member Danny P.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2009
      Location
      Elizabeth, NJ
      Posts
      1,514
      Vehicles
      96 Jetta 2.0, VR6 with no home.
      10-01-2012 02:46 PM #2105
      Hope everyone enjoyed H2O and came home with their wheels, lips etc.

    6. Member HYDE16's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2010
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,791
      Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      10-01-2012 02:49 PM #2106
      Quote Originally Posted by Danny P. View Post
      Hope everyone enjoyed H2O and came home with their wheels, lips etc.
      Awesome, now get ready for DubRun

      http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisp...e-Poconos-2012

    7. 10-02-2012 02:02 PM #2107
      Anyone going to the World VW meet in neptunes on Friday? Im going to take the trip and head down.
      Need detailing work done, PM me...located in central jersey!

    8. Member VRptstyly's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2006
      Location
      Roselle Park, NJ
      Posts
      2,083
      Vehicles
      04 BMP .:R, 03 GTI 24v, 92 VW Jetta GL (sold), Street Triple R
      10-02-2012 02:46 PM #2108
      Quote Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post
      Anyone going to the World VW meet in neptunes on Friday? Im going to take the trip and head down.
      details?
      If you need Vag-Com Contact me..
      PORTUGAL
      Check out my flickr!!

    9. 10-02-2012 10:11 PM #2109
      Quote Originally Posted by VRptstyly View Post
      details?
      Need detailing work done, PM me...located in central jersey!

    10. Member xk1llxy0urselfx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2007
      Location
      Clark NJ
      Posts
      1,303
      Vehicles
      2007 BMP GTI, 2002 S10 Crew cab
      10-02-2012 10:18 PM #2110
      hummm, I wonder if that dealership is trying to make some attraction. I never cared for them after hearing the stories. After they destroyed the transmission in my sisters beetle and were jerky about trying to sell me an MKIV a few years ago I decided to deal with Shrewsbury Motors instead.
      My other other car has 2,150HP per axle.

    11. Member Matt_Mkv's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 28th, 2009
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      7,080
      Vehicles
      '06 GTI, '77 Corvette, '00 S10
      10-03-2012 02:53 AM #2111
      Quote Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post
      Anyone going to the World VW meet in neptunes on Friday? Im going to take the trip and head down.
      I'll go there, its only 5-8pm, then i'll head over to the Union meet and waste more gas
      Instagram: @MattMkv

    12. 10-03-2012 10:48 PM #2112
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Mkv View Post
      I'll go there, its only 5-8pm, then i'll head over to the Union meet and waste more gas
      Me lady, may I escort you to the ball?
      Need detailing work done, PM me...located in central jersey!

    13. Member Matt_Mkv's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 28th, 2009
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      7,080
      Vehicles
      '06 GTI, '77 Corvette, '00 S10
      10-03-2012 11:29 PM #2113
      Quote Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post
      Me lady, may I escort you to the ball?
      Escort me no later than 8, my father is an angry man.
      Instagram: @MattMkv

    14. Member xk1llxy0urselfx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2007
      Location
      Clark NJ
      Posts
      1,303
      Vehicles
      2007 BMP GTI, 2002 S10 Crew cab
      10-04-2012 09:14 PM #2114
      Humm this is friday, and I am off from work for once. I may just have to come down if I dont end up doing anything else.

      i wish I was lucky enough to have an escort, lol.
      My other other car has 2,150HP per axle.

    15. Member nemo1ner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      NJ/NYC
      Posts
      8,811
      Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      10-05-2012 12:42 PM #2115
      If there is anyone that isn't afraid of driving their car, NNJR is hosting an Autocross event at Met Life this Saturday.

      http://www.autox4u.com/event/nnjr-scca-meadowlands-9/

      The gf and I will be running the TT.

    16. Member HYDE16's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2010
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      2,791
      Vehicles
      2011/VW/GTI MK6
      10-05-2012 01:08 PM #2116
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      If there is anyone that isn't afraid of driving their car, NNJR is hosting an Autocross event at Met Life this Saturday.

      http://www.autox4u.com/event/nnjr-scca-meadowlands-9/

      The gf and I will be running the TT.
      Some of us will be there, we have a post up on the GSE page about it.

    17. Member nemo1ner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      NJ/NYC
      Posts
      8,811
      Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      10-05-2012 01:20 PM #2117
      Quote Originally Posted by HYDE16 View Post
      Some of us will be there, we have a post up on the GSE page about it.
      Awesome. The gf is running in Ladies Class while I will be running in D Stock.

    18. Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Bellevue Hospital Center
      Posts
      8,720
      10-07-2012 12:27 PM #2118
      Ah damn...I wish I could've gone to that MetLife autox and put the R through the paces...

    19. Member MADSCIENTISTA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2009
      Location
      Northern NJ
      Posts
      1,527
      Vehicles
      98' 2.0 Golf, 82' Diesel Rabbit,88' VR Jetta Coupe
      10-07-2012 09:23 PM #2119
      Anyone with VagCom in the area please PM me if:

      A. You're willing to tag along on a trip during this week to scan a car.
      B. Willing to lend it to me for a couple hours.
      C. Want to know what exactly I want to do with this program and your terms and conditions of such service.

      PLEASE AND THANKS
      Quote Originally Posted by NYEuroTuner View Post
      Anyone will create art in any form when passion and dedication is their motivator, not money or fame like other tuning names.
      |Fender Rolling & Polishing Services|
      |UCEURO|Lab Rat @ Einstein Fabrications©|

    20. Member xk1llxy0urselfx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2007
      Location
      Clark NJ
      Posts
      1,303
      Vehicles
      2007 BMP GTI, 2002 S10 Crew cab
      10-08-2012 02:34 AM #2120
      Where in north jersey? What kind of trip? I have the full cable and I am located in clark but visit the meadowlands and north central areas often.
      My other other car has 2,150HP per axle.

    21. Member nemo1ner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      NJ/NYC
      Posts
      8,811
      Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      10-08-2012 08:37 AM #2121
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      Ah damn...I wish I could've gone to that MetLife autox and put the R through the paces...
      I ended up getting 1st place in my class (D Stock) and my GF snagged 1st in the Ladies Class.

      She has been improving significantly. When we started this season, I was always a few seconds ahead. This last event, she managed to put down a faster time than me in the first heat. I managed to beat her time within 1/2 a second during the second heat. I have a feeling that she may just kick my ass the following event. :p

    22. Member Danny P.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2009
      Location
      Elizabeth, NJ
      Posts
      1,514
      Vehicles
      96 Jetta 2.0, VR6 with no home.
      10-08-2012 09:38 PM #2122
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      I ended up getting 1st place in my class (D Stock) and my GF snagged 1st in the Ladies Class.

      She has been improving significantly. When we started this season, I was always a few seconds ahead. This last event, she managed to put down a faster time than me in the first heat. I managed to beat her time within 1/2 a second during the second heat. I have a feeling that she may just kick my ass the following event. :p

      Good stuff man. I thought about taking the diesel auto x'ing buuuuuut i dont see that being a whole lot of fun.

    23. Member nemo1ner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      NJ/NYC
      Posts
      8,811
      Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      10-09-2012 09:05 AM #2123
      Quote Originally Posted by Danny P. View Post
      Good stuff man. I thought about taking the diesel auto x'ing buuuuuut i dont see that being a whole lot of fun.
      There was a Honda Hybrid out there. The guy was awfully slow...until an instructor drove. I never seen a hybrid move so fast.

      Don't let the diesel discourage. Most of the courses are low speed, so the early torque from your diesel is quite helpful.

      The TT is a dog. The turbo lag is bad and the car tends to understeer a lot. I have to left foot brake in order to keep the RPM's above 3K and upset the car so it counters the understeer with a bit more pivot action.

      Once you do an event, regardless of the car you use, I am almost certain it will hook you in. You will most likely find yourself shopping for light weight wheels and sticky tires afterward. :p
      Last edited by nemo1ner; 10-09-2012 at 09:12 AM.

    24. Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Bellevue Hospital Center
      Posts
      8,720
      10-09-2012 10:26 AM #2124
      I'll be there on Friday

    25. Member Danny P.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2009
      Location
      Elizabeth, NJ
      Posts
      1,514
      Vehicles
      96 Jetta 2.0, VR6 with no home.
      10-09-2012 01:58 PM #2125
      Quote Originally Posted by nemo1ner View Post
      There was a Honda Hybrid out there. The guy was awfully slow...until an instructor drove. I never seen a hybrid move so fast.

      Don't let the diesel discourage. Most of the courses are low speed, so the early torque from your diesel is quite helpful.

      The TT is a dog. The turbo lag is bad and the car tends to understeer a lot. I have to left foot brake in order to keep the RPM's above 3K and upset the car so it counters the understeer with a bit more pivot action.

      Once you do an event, regardless of the car you use, I am almost certain it will hook you in. You will most likely find yourself shopping for light weight wheels and sticky tires afterward. :p
      Hmmmm a hybrid ay. Maybe I will do it up one time to see how it goes.

    26. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 4th, 2010
      Location
      Linden ,NJ
      Posts
      32
      Vehicles
      01 red gti 1.8t big turbo
      10-11-2012 08:00 AM #2126
      Hey who from the meet knows where to get inspection?
      I forgot who said they can get stickers. Can that someone pm me?

    27. Member CrAZY_EuRo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 4th, 2009
      Location
      Union County
      Posts
      452
      Vehicles
      b5 avant, mk3 jetta
      10-11-2012 11:55 AM #2127
      theres a car meet this friday at toy r us... heres details http://www.facebook.com/events/45413..._mall_activity
      ENVY: For Those That Struggle To Give Props

    28. Member nemo1ner's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      NJ/NYC
      Posts
      8,811
      Vehicles
      1983 GTI on a diet;
      10-11-2012 02:30 PM #2128
      All of the ricers are going to be at the Parsipanny Mega meet. They are taking over shoprite on 46. I think it is going to turn into the same **** show that shut down the Thursday GTG by me.

    29. Member Matt_Mkv's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 28th, 2009
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      7,080
      Vehicles
      '06 GTI, '77 Corvette, '00 S10
      10-11-2012 05:52 PM #2129
      Quote Originally Posted by CrAZY_EuRo View Post
      theres a car meet this friday at toy r us... heres details http://www.facebook.com/events/45413..._mall_activity
      Los Goonies and Team GotBoost........ Really? who the **** comes up with these names
      Instagram: @MattMkv

    30. Member MADSCIENTISTA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2009
      Location
      Northern NJ
      Posts
      1,527
      Vehicles
      98' 2.0 Golf, 82' Diesel Rabbit,88' VR Jetta Coupe
      10-12-2012 01:05 PM #2130
      Up for tonight.
      Quote Originally Posted by NYEuroTuner View Post
      Anyone will create art in any form when passion and dedication is their motivator, not money or fame like other tuning names.
      |Fender Rolling & Polishing Services|
      |UCEURO|Lab Rat @ Einstein Fabrications©|

    31. Member vDuBin23's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2011
      Location
      CNJ
      Posts
      203
      10-12-2012 07:44 PM #2131
      Anyone showing up 2nite??
      MKIII VR6
      @younggg_l (instagram)

    32. Member MADSCIENTISTA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 15th, 2009
      Location
      Northern NJ
      Posts
      1,527
      Vehicles
      98' 2.0 Golf, 82' Diesel Rabbit,88' VR Jetta Coupe
      10-12-2012 09:11 PM #2132
      1st car here....w t f
      Quote Originally Posted by NYEuroTuner View Post
      Anyone will create art in any form when passion and dedication is their motivator, not money or fame like other tuning names.
      |Fender Rolling & Polishing Services|
      |UCEURO|Lab Rat @ Einstein Fabrications©|

    33. Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Bellevue Hospital Center
      Posts
      8,720
      10-12-2012 09:20 PM #2133
      Why you leave????

    34. Member Danny P.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2009
      Location
      Elizabeth, NJ
      Posts
      1,514
      Vehicles
      96 Jetta 2.0, VR6 with no home.
      10-15-2012 05:57 PM #2134
      Ok soooo i came up with 2 new names let me know what you think.

      Team Got Milk and Los Truffle Shuffles

      Any input would be great. Kthanxhello

    35. Member Matt_Mkv's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 28th, 2009
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      7,080
      Vehicles
      '06 GTI, '77 Corvette, '00 S10
      10-15-2012 06:34 PM #2135
      Truffle shuffles gets my vote.

      How about #teamgotbagsandbbsrs
      I'll make stickers and t-shirts
      Instagram: @MattMkv

    Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •