Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Showtime: Homeland trailer

1. Member
      12-05-2011 09:47 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by surefooted View Post
      The actress who plays Tom Walker's wife is horrible.
      This sounds like my wife. We love this show, but everytime she comes on, my wife sighs and points out how ****ty of an actress she is.

-nevermind, it is Brody's wife that she hates

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      12-05-2011 10:58 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Another crazy episode. For a moment I thought Carrie was gonna go Jack Bauer on that diplomat's a$$ when he told her to tell everyone that he loves to suck teh c0ck
      "Yummy yummy yummy yummy" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, that made a very serious scene comical. I really hope the cliff hangers are to a minimum after the next two episodes. Have loved this show thus far. I wonder if the affair will come out?
      Th(e/a)n

3. Member
      12-05-2011 11:28 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by BlckBadged_SwissChee View Post
      "Yummy yummy yummy yummy" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, that made a very serious scene comical. I really hope the cliff hangers are to a minimum after the next two episodes. Have loved this show thus far. I wonder if the affair will come out?
      that was funny

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      12-06-2011 08:11 AM #39
      This really is a good show. I think Carrie is going to crack though. She was all set for some sexy time w/ Brody and he totally shut her down. She couldn't handle it. The trailer for the next two !episodes was INTENSE! You see Brody making a suicide vest loaded w/ a bunch of ball bearings!
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

5. 12-12-2011 11:52 AM #40
      Comments on last nights show anyone!!?? This is one of the better series on TV right now and I can't wait for the season finale.

Anyone else think that Saul is firmly in the "good" camp? I couldn't handle it if he turned out to be bad... he and Carrie are too strong of a team...

Vehicles
      2013 Sepang Blue Audi S6, 2014 Scuba Blue Audi Q5
      12-12-2011 02:29 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by clip_clop View Post

Anyone else think that Saul is firmly in the "good" camp? I couldn't handle it if he turned out to be bad... he and Carrie are too strong of a team...
      Last night's episode was amazing. The way they built up Brody to be a terrorist, then let you think you misjudged him, than next he's getting fitted for a suicide vest is amazing. Only thing I didn't like about last night's episode was after the credits, in the sneak preview, they seemed to show you EVERYTHING. Hoping they didn't just spoil it.

I agree fully on Saul...hoping he's one of the good ones. Not so sure about the rest of them. There's a mole somewhere. Estes (Carrie's boss) strikes me as the type of ladder-climber that might just feed a terrorist cell intel in exchange for other intel so he can look like the big hero and advance his career. Just a theory...

12-12-2011 04:34 PM #42
      Wow, Carrie was seriously insane in the membrane Can't wait for next week.

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      12-13-2011 09:19 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by nobbyv View Post
      in the sneak preview, they seemed to show you EVERYTHING. Hoping they didn't just spoil it.
      That is what I was thinking, wondering what else that episode could hold in 45 minutes.

I thought the crazy Carrie was well done.
      Th(e/a)n

Vehicles
      2013 Sepang Blue Audi S6, 2014 Scuba Blue Audi Q5
      12-13-2011 11:24 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by BlckBadged_SwissChee View Post
      That is what I was thinking, wondering what else that episode could hold in 45 minutes.
      The season finale next week is supposed to be 90 minutes.

10. 12-13-2011 01:08 PM #45
      she plays crazy a little too well.. definitely hovering around the crazy/genius line.

Vehicles
      2008.5 GTI w/TSI motor, 1995 GTI Vr6
      12-14-2011 11:12 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      she plays crazy a little too well.. definitely hovering around the crazy/genius line.
      my thoughts exactly
      Check out my Garage build thread 2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turbo back, Carbonio full intake, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), 19" Miro stp3's, Centric rotors, Stoptech pads and TyrolSport bushings

Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      12-14-2011 04:41 PM #47
      Excited that the final is entitled "Marine One".
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

13. Member
      12-17-2011 02:12 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      I said this to my wife. She is absolutely perfect in the looney role. I love this show and is almost right up there with Breaking Bad and American Horror Story for me.

12-17-2011 06:40 PM #49
      Since there's going to be a season 2, I think Walker is going to get caught or killed. Then b/c of that, Brody is gonna scrub his mission for another day.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      12-20-2011 02:20 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Since there's going to be a season 2, I think Walker is going to get caught or killed. Then b/c of that, Brody is gonna scrub his mission for another day.
      Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Sucks that the season is over. Great show. Hope it doesn't take 18 months before the next season starts (like the Sopranos ).
      my GF's love to show me their t!ts....and I like to motorboat them so much they call me Chris Craft...

Vehicles
      12-20-2011 09:13 AM #51
      I wonder what's going to happen now that they found out she's a loon an revoked her access?
      Check out my Garage build thread 2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turbo back, Carbonio full intake, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), 19" Miro stp3's, Centric rotors, Stoptech pads and TyrolSport bushings

Vehicles
      12-20-2011 09:42 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
      I wonder what's going to happen now that they found out she's a loon an revoked her access?
      Hard to say. Saul did say that there's no chance she can appeal her termination. And he's too much of a pro to keep feeding her classified info. Is Claire Danes confirmed for Season 2? I had no idea she was 42. She looks more like 32!

Vehicles
      12-20-2011 10:07 AM #53
      I was thinking brody would set off the bomb in the bunker with her boss in it, then they would slip her back in somehow

Vehicles
      '03 VW Jetta GLS; '08 GSX-R 750; '13 F150
      12-20-2011 10:08 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Hard to say. Saul did say that there's no chance she can appeal her termination. And he's too much of a pro to keep feeding her classified info. Is Claire Danes confirmed for Season 2? I had no idea she was 42. She looks more like 32!
      According to IMDB she is 32.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000132/

Top 500
      Claire Danes
      Actress | Soundtrack
      New Yorker Claire Danes is the youngest daughter of Carla, a day-care provider and artist and Christopher, a computer consultant and photographer. She has an older brother called Asa. She was educated at Dalton School, New York, The New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies, The Professional Performing Arts School and Lycée Français de Los Angeles... See full bio »

Born: Claire Catherine Danes
      April 12, 1979 in New York City, New York, USA

20. 12-20-2011 10:51 AM #55
      Loved and hated the finale all at the same time - Frustrated that the Brody situation is unresolved as i'd like to see Homeland a little more like 24 in regards to being able to shift from one plot line to another. I was honestly expecting it to end with Brody's death ala suicide bomber and then for the hunt for Nazir/extended American cell. This would also vindicate Carrie... however that clearly seemed like too "easy" a way out.

I'm not sure how dragging this one plot line into a 2nd season is going to go... Homeland at times moves too slowly keeping your glued to the TV for the 1 critical revelation of that single episode. How long will viewers be willing to do this for? If they're like me... at least for one more season as I already can't wait for the return of this show.

I must say that i'm so glad that Saul remained one of the good guys (at least for now...) a few things I would have liked to have come out in the finale

1. Who slipped the razor blade to that guy?
      2. Did Brody search Walker after he shot him? Certainly that cell phone etc has to have some good evidence
      3. Where is that video of Brody (suicide note)?
      4. How will Carrie be able to play a part in all of this no longer working for the CIA?

Vehicles
      2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8
      12-20-2011 11:53 AM #56

1. Who slipped the razor blade to that guy?
      I beleive it was Brody who slipped him the blade, however I don't think Saul is as innocent as it may seem. He did whisper something to him in Arabic as he lead him into the room.
      2. Did Brody search Walker after he shot him? Certainly that cell phone etc has to have some good evidence
      Brody had the Cell phone still in his hand as he walked out of the tunnel
      3. Where is that video of Brody (suicide note)?
      I think someone in Abu Nazir's camp picked it up and they could/may use it against him if he does not cooperate.
      4. How will Carrie be able to play a part in all of this no longer working for the CIA?
      I think Saul will keep feeding her info because he trust her and knows she is a good agent. We will see after she comes out of this treatment.
      Greg

22. 12-20-2011 04:52 PM #57
      ^^ ok that settles it... must find someone that speaks arabic to translate what Saul whispered!!

If Saul is bad then is the ultimate sleeper. In a way it could make some sort of sense with him getting acknowledgement from Estes and the VP that the drone attack was not an accident. Ugh does it make me hate that VP so much!! ... it could provide him with further justification and motivation for doing what he's doing... ??

They're really leaving it open for him to go either way.... drives me

Vehicles
      12-20-2011 11:00 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Sizzla View Post
      According to IMDB she is 32.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000132/

Top 500
      Claire Danes
      Actress | Soundtrack
      New Yorker Claire Danes is the youngest daughter of Carla, a day-care provider and artist and Christopher, a computer consultant and photographer. She has an older brother called Asa. She was educated at Dalton School, New York, The New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies, The Professional Performing Arts School and Lycée Français de Los Angeles... See full bio »

Born: Claire Catherine Danes
      April 12, 1979 in New York City, New York, USA
      Math > me

24. Member BlckBadged_SwissChee's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta WE
      12-21-2011 11:39 AM #59
      ^^ ok that settles it... must find someone that speaks arabic to translate what Saul whispered!!

If Saul is bad then is the ultimate sleeper. In a way it could make some sort of sense with him getting acknowledgement from Estes and the VP that the drone attack was not an accident. Ugh does it make me hate that VP so much!! ... it could provide him with further justification and motivation for doing what he's doing... ??

They're really leaving it open for him to go either way.... drives me
      I am not a fan of that either. One episode they lead us on to think he has some dark secrets then in another he seems like he is the most dedicated patriot in America.

I think I agree with the statement made about being more like 24 also. Would have been nice to have this story finished up then move on to a new Homeland Security issue next season.
      Th(e/a)n

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      01-02-2012 06:50 PM #60
      Just finished watching the season... It was pretty good. I really wished they would have wrapped up the story arc though.

A few things are buggin me though: Is he still in the Marines? Did he re-enlist? Why does he go from an E-5 to an E-7 depending on what uniform he's in? Why is he declaring his candidacy and showing up to a political event in uniform? Why aren't they making him go see a counselor?

Vehicles
      2007 GTI, 2005 TSX
      03-04-2012 09:39 AM #61
      And a old bump from me.

How did Brody get back out of the stronghold after making the decision not to push the little red button on his magic vest? How did no one notice the button hanging down his sleeve? They sure noticed how he looked - why didn't his Secret Service babysitter notice more?

I realize it is kinda petty, but between that and the missing memory card with Brody's video on it, that were the only holes I could find.

Loved the series!

27. 04-25-2012 12:33 AM #62
      Loved the series, but hated the season finale...the way that Brody gave up because of the daughter's was too corny. With his level of stress he would have pulled the switch when the secret agent tapped his shoulder to give him the phone.
      I'm afraid that season 2 will not be as good...an explosion and a new plot would've been better.
      I also don't trust Saul.

28. 04-25-2012 10:57 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by bora-brazil View Post
      Loved the series, but hated the season finale...the way that Brody gave up because of the daughter's was too corny. With his level of stress he would have pulled the switch when the secret agent tapped his shoulder to give him the phone.
      I'm afraid that season 2 will not be as good...an explosion and a new plot would've been better.
      I also don't trust Saul.
      With season 2 I'd bet he'll be caught within the first few episodes and will be turned against the terrorist guy. The terrorist guy will die at the end of season 2, but we'll find that he was funded by someone in Washington and we will go to season 3...

05-04-2012 04:41 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by JCJetta View Post
      And a old bump from me.

How did Brody get back out of the stronghold after making the decision not to push the little red button on his magic vest?
      They gave the all clear and everyone left...the VP even said "brody, you look like ****!"

How did no one notice the button hanging down his sleeve? They sure noticed how he looked - why didn't his Secret Service babysitter notice more?
      Agreed.....secret service are trained in observing peoples actions and mannerisms and whatnot.

I realize it is kinda petty, but between that and the missing memory card with Brody's video on it, that were the only holes I could find.

Loved the series!
      Hated the finale....so many far fetched actions in this episode.....where majority of the season has been pretty realistic to a sense.

Vehicles
      08-08-2012 11:01 PM #65
      Season 2 starts the end of September! Looking forward to this one.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      A3 Pilot S2K
      08-21-2012 10:55 AM #66
      I am about to walk to the set of this show right now - they are taping an episode inside my brother's condo. Too cool. Today they film outside on the street, right at his condo door, tomorrow inside. If anyone is in Charlotte and wants to know the location, reply and I'll publish the address.

Vehicles
      01' 3.2L 24V 4dr Golf GLS
      08-22-2012 01:45 PM #67
      I know they did the sniper scene in one of the condo's across from my brothers condo on Church street last year.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mikedav
      Gee Whiz electric car. Hateful pile of turd which should be banished from humanity for eternity.)

33. Member
      Vehicles
      A3 Pilot S2K
      08-22-2012 03:36 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Henni View Post
      I know they did the sniper scene in one of the condo's across from my brothers condo on Church street last year.
      This location was Church and 7th...

Vehicles
      01' 3.2L 24V 4dr Golf GLS
      08-22-2012 05:11 PM #69
      My bro's place is N Chruch and 6th right above Stool Pigeons.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mikedav
      Gee Whiz electric car. Hateful pile of turd which should be banished from humanity for eternity.)

Vehicles
      09-30-2012 08:53 AM #70
      S2 starts tonight. From the looks of the trailer, it's going to be good. Took me a second to realize what song was playing.
      Last edited by Mk1Racer; 09-30-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast