Well after searching for over a year for a decent project here in TX i finally found the deal i was looking for. Long story short the typical old man wanting to make a few bucks and drag it off my property routine. 3hours of driving and $200 later i was the new owner of a 1981 2dr Diesel rabbit. Body is in excellent shape interior needs some help but what car doesnt have its flaws. So i only snapped a few pictures today to get the thread going but i have only 2 months to get this thing in running condition on a budget. Wish me luck!!!
oh u wanted pictures lol...........
BUILD PLANS COMING SOON!!!
* Remove Diesel motor for a 1.8L 8v with single progressive carb
* 4speed trans
* Need Raceland Header (or other budget manifold)
* Small DuckBill
* Euro Bumpers (at a later date)
* New DASH!!! (still looking for one)
* Stock Wheels For now with Painted centers
* New or refinished door cards
* I have a wood wheel with vw horn button
* Custom stereo
* Raceland or budget coilovers
GOOD LUCK BRANDON!
Hit me up if you need any help, bro!
Lets get this thing up n running before a certain "Audi" does! Sorry Stephen, I've been reading you guy's posts back n forth to each other! LOL Too funny, I had to put more fuel to the fire!
FOLDING@HOME by CENTXDUBS
Past: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32
Present: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI | 2013 Golf TDI
Just some cool history from the glovebox......
* Car was bought August 24th 1981 from a lady in Abilene, Tx
* Purcnase order for the car new $7,380 in 1981
* Original owners manual
* Have all delaer recipts and maintenance schedule
* Tons of recipts from parts stores even
* Tire Warranties
* I bought the car from Ft. Worth, Tx on an old mans property September 3rd 2011
NEED HELP FINDING PARTS
* Dash with a gas speedo and not a diesel
* Black interior bits (just gotta hold out on the fs threads i know)
* Any header advice?
* Probably Raceland Coils, there coming out with some stiffer ones soon but no info on them as of yet i did send them an email about em
yeah I understand budget... I had a cheap header on one of my sciroccos from the past and I spent more money removing it and installing it after having to weld up the cracks pita
so get yourself a welder, you will need one
I am sure you can find something used that is good for the same price as a new cheap quality one... I will see if I can source you one
*shakes fist at audi gods
FIRST PARTS ORDERED!!!
* Full block gasket kit
* Head gaseket kit
* Rear Trans Mount
* Prothane full poly kit
Still To Order
* COILOVERS (still deciding what i want)
* Race Mirror
* Flag Mirrors
* Header ( still deciding new or used)
Junk Yard Finds
* DASH!!! and all components Mk1 or Mk2
So... i met a guy with a S4 like the one i drive.
And he has RABBIT PARTS OUT THE ASS.
ill hook him up with your email when he messages me.
yup. i will try to get him to come out on thursday and you can chit chat.
wish i found it first
im closer to ft worth texas than you are